Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,417 members, 7,781,211 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:43 AM

Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (115326 Views)

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Welder(m): 7:03pm On Dec 07, 2012
Ok. I am a Catholic.

I have to say while i dont agree with some comments from UBenedcitus and Italo, I have to hail them for standing by their faith. May we all win this earthly race.

To the OPs' question.

We pray with the Rosary because it is in our tradition, the church believes in the intercessory prayers of Mary and the angels and saints of God.

Do we worship Mary? NO, we dont; rather we honour her because of all humans she was singled out to bear Jesus Christ. You have to agree that since Jesus was pure and found without sin, the woman that bore him has to take some credit. I did rather go the route of seeking the intercessions of this extraordinary woman -medium rather than elsewhere. What do you think?

Bowing to her statue is not enshrined in the tradition of the church, its a persnal thingy. Some catholics dont, but i will rather revere every memory of this extraordinary woman since i can do same to the special people in my life.

I hope this is clear enough.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 7:31am On Dec 08, 2012
Boomark:
v20 shows that samaritans worship in the mountains while the Jews say it should be in Jerusalem. While Christ was trying to tell her that a time is coming when she will be able to worship the Father even at that well, in her kitchen, bathroom, every where in every way...but it must be in spirit and in truth.

You have answered for me. So what matters most is the sincere intention of your heart, more than the way you worship. That is what I have been trying to drum into your thick skull for ages. You finally got it. Praise be to the Holy Spirit! Now who is it than can see the intentions of a man's heart...and his spirit, to know if he is sincerely worshipping God or not? Is it men (like you) or God?

Boomark: I hope you wount reject the truth if i tell you? According to the passage, who do we worship? The Father, Jesus said so. God(The Father) is a spirit and those that will worship Him must do that in spirit(with all ur heart) and in truth(accurate knowledge of Him). Do you regard Him as trinity or as the only true God?

Both! The Holy Trinity is the only true God.

Boomark: This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you the only true God and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ, jn 17:3. Read acts 3:13 you will see who the God of our forefathers is and who his servant is. Do you know God(the Father) as the one and only true God?

Yes...as I see Jesus as the only true God. And the Holy Spirit too.

Boomark: The samaritans fear God but worship idol, 2kings 17:33. This is synonymous to what we are rebuking you people for. You better stop now.

The verse says "the Samaritans worshipped God..." Are you trying to say we Catholics worship God too? Did the Samaritans ever deny worshipping idols as Catholics do? The people who are synonymous with the verse above are Christians who still go to babalawos and engage in occult practices, and they abound everywhere. Not faithful Catholics who only know the one true God.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 7:44am On Dec 08, 2012
Boomark:
Let me put it this way.

An Israelite who is sick went to where Moses kept the bronze snake, stood it up and knelt before it. He prayed to God to heal him while he had faith that by looking unto the bronze snake God will heal him through it. Let me say he used the bronze snake as a prayer aid.

Do you think God will be happy with such act?

I don't know what Mosaic law would say about someone going in secret to use the bronze serpent as prayer aid. Who knows, even where Moses kept the serpent, if it is a place that an ordinary person shouldn't go. I will liken it to Holy Communion. We believe that Holy Communion is Jesus and that Communion can heal us, commune with us as Jesus did when he was on earth in human form. But we believe that in order to benefit from the blessings of communion, you should receive it or commune with it within the guidelines that the Church has laid down...and we believe the Church communicates God's intentions, like the israelites believed Moses did. So if a person goes to where Holy Communion is kept and takes it on his own (which is against Church law) he might even be bringing a curse on himself. That is why I have to know what Mosaic law has to say about using the bronze serpent in secret before I can even imagine if God will be happy with him or not. Can you tell me what it says?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 9:24am On Dec 08, 2012
vickyO: @ ITALO An annoited person is one who uses his power in Christ to perform signs and wonders,

How do you know your pastor is performing "signs and wonders" by Christ's power, and not Satan's power. Are there not pastors who we hear use evil powers? Like T.B Joshua and Rev. King, some might say. How do I know that your pastor even performs any signs and wonders?

vickyO: preach the solid gospel with the backing of the Holy Spirit,

How do you know he is preaching the solid gospel with the Holy Spirit's backing? Can you prove it? Are you saying your pastor cannot preach or teach something that is wrong?

vickyO: who can bring to nought the authorities of principalities and powers in heavenly places and many others. this is how i know my Pastor is annoited.

In that case I'm anointed too because I do that with God's power and sometimes, through the intercession of Mary and the Saints. In Yoruba movies, I see where babalawos do that by appeasing deities responsible for people's problems to free them. Are these anointed too?
Could your pastor not be doing same?

You haven't given me concrete evidence or reason as to how you know your pastor is anointed.

vickyO: Your turn- how did you know Mary and the Saints are ALIVE in heaven?

Jesus said so in John 11:26:"and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

The Church he built also says so.

By communing with Mary and the Saints all my life I have realized that they are actually in heaven as Jesus and the Church say. I have had countless revelations to show that the Saints are just as Jesus and the Church say they are: ALIVE in HEAVEN!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 9:52am On Dec 08, 2012
Welder: Ok. I am a Catholic.

I have to say while i dont agree with some comments from UBenedcitus and Italo, I have to hail them for standing by their faith. May we all win this earthly race.

Amen and thank you.

However, as a Catholic, I'm interested in knowing the comments of Ubenedictus and myself (at least some of them) that you don't agree with.

Perhaps, we are misrepresenting the position of the Church (that would be a grave error). Perhaps, we might learn a thing or two from you...and/or vice versa.

Of course, only if you're willing to share, thank you.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:33am On Dec 08, 2012
Welder: Ok. I am a Catholic.

To the OPs' question.

We pray with the Rosary because it is in our tradition, the church believes in the intercessory prayers of Mary and the angels and saints of God.

Do we worship Mary? NO, we dont; rather we honour her because of all humans she was singled out to bear Jesus Christ. You have to agree that since Jesus was pure and found without sin, the woman that bore him has to take some credit. I did rather go the route of seeking the intercessions of this extraordinary woman -medium rather than elsewhere. What do you think?

Bowing to her statue is not enshrined in the tradition of the church, its a persnal thingy. Some catholics dont, but i will rather revere every memory of this extraordinary woman since i can do same to the special people in my life.

I hope this is clear enough.

Shalom!
wow i like ya points! Can u pls tell me abt some of my comment u disagree with?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:37am On Dec 08, 2012
italo:

Amen and thank you.

However, as a Catholic, I'm interested in knowing the comments of Ubenedictus and myself (at least some of them) that you don't agree with.

Perhaps, we are misrepresenting the position of the Church (that would be a grave error). Perhaps, we might learn a thing or two from you...and/or vice versa.

Of course, only if you're willing to share, thank you.
amen
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Rich4god(m): 7:18pm On Dec 08, 2012
@Italo and Ube... Kepp it up. Really like how you guys are reaponding to this thread. May God bless you with aboundant wisdom and knowlegde. Glory to JESUS.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 11:11pm On Dec 08, 2012
italo:

You have answered for me. So what matters most is the sincere intention of your heart, more than the way you worship. That is what I have been trying to drum into your thick skull for ages. You finally got it. Praise be to the Holy Spirit! Now who is it than can see the intentions of a man's heart...and his spirit, to know if he is sincerely worshipping God or not? Is it men (like you) or God?

Both! The Holy Trinity is the only true God.

Yes...as I see Jesus as the only true God. And the Holy Spirit too.

The verse says "the Samaritans worshipped God..." Are you trying to say we Catholics worship God too? Did the Samaritans ever deny worshipping idols as Catholics do? The people who are synonymous with the verse above are Christians who still go to babalawos and engage in occult practices, and they abound everywhere. Not faithful Catholics who only know the one true God.

My thick skull have fully understood it. That i should not use idol as prayer aid(like catholics do) but to allow the holy spirit to aid me.

Its not by force to believe what is written in the bible as it. You are free to add and bring in your own doctrine or twist it to suit you.

It is not also by force to stop worshiping the image of the beast. The lake of fire awaits the beast and his servants.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:32am On Dec 09, 2012
Boomark:

My thick skull have fully understood it. That i should not use idol as prayer aid(like catholics do) but to allow the holy spirit to aid me.

Its not by force to believe what is written in the bible as it. You are free to add and bring in your own doctrine or twist it to suit you.

It is not also by force to stop worshiping the image of the beast. The lake of fire awaits the beast and his servants.
and i cant force ur eyes to open and see d legit use of images in scripture! I can't force u to learn d difference between honor and adoration. I cant force you to learn that the saints before us are now with christ. I cant force u to admit that you err in interpreting God's words.
Neither can help but notice that you are judgemental.
Peace
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 4:08pm On Dec 09, 2012
Boomark:

It is by the power of the Holy Spirit that the images are consecrated and become sacramentals. Just like St. Paul's handkerchief and St. Peter's shadow that healed people. It wasn't the shadow and handkerchief that healed, it was the Spirit working through those media. So he who believes in the efficacy of the shadow and handkerchief actually believes in the limitless power of the Holy Spirit. So too, the images.

Boomark: Its not by force to believe what is written in the bible as it. You are free to add and bring in your own doctrine or twist it to suit you.

You mean it is not by force to believe what you think the Bible says. I'm not adding MY doctrine. I'm proclaiming the true Christian doctrine that the apostles handed down. You are the one trying to force your personal fallible doctrine on all Catholics...and we are free to reject it. Thank you.

Boomark: It is not also by force to stop worshiping the image of the beast. The lake of fire awaits the beast and his servants.

Amen! So you know the image of the beast?! How did you get to know it? Are you one of the servants of the beast?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 4:16pm On Dec 09, 2012
Rich4god: @Italo and Ube... Kepp it up. Really like how you guys are reaponding to this thread. May God bless you with aboundant wisdom and knowlegde. Glory to JESUS.

...Honour to Mary! Amen and thank you. God bless you too. Its such an honour that Christ has considered us all worthy to defend him and his Church.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 10:35am On Dec 10, 2012
Ubenedictus: and i cant force ur eyes to open and see d legit use of images in scripture! I can't force u to learn d difference between honor and adoration. I cant force you to learn that the saints before us are now with christ. I cant force u to admit that you err in interpreting God's words.
Neither can help but notice that you are judgemental.
Peace

Let me show you what is legit according to the new covenant.

Acts 17:29-30
New Living Translation (NLT)
29 And since this is true, we
shouldn’t think of God as an idol
designed by craftsmen from gold or
silver or stone.
30 “God overlooked people’s
ignorance about these things in
earlier times, but now he
commands everyone everywhere
to repent of their sins and turn to
him.

God has overlooked the time for such ignorance.

In line with worshiping the only true God in truth and in spirit, i will show you how it is done in my next post, not by the use of graven images as aid(this is the doctrine of men) but by the help of the Holyspirit.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 11:14am On Dec 10, 2012
italo:

It is by the power of the Holy Spirit that the images are consecrated and become sacramentals. Just like St. Paul's handkerchief and St. Peter's shadow that healed people. It wasn't the shadow and handkerchief that healed, it was the Spirit working through those media. So he who believes in the efficacy of the shadow and handkerchief actually believes in the limitless power of the Holy Spirit. So too, the images.

You mean it is not by force to believe what you think the Bible says. I'm not adding MY doctrine. I'm proclaiming the true Christian doctrine that the apostles handed down. You are the one trying to force your personal fallible doctrine on all Catholics...and we are free to reject it. Thank you.

Amen! So you know the image of the beast?! How did you get to know it? Are you one of the servants of the beast?

Did you ask your self how many handkerchiefs the apostles blessed for the people to use and heal themselves. How many? Let God use you as He will. Sorcery is everywhere my brother even in the church.

To worship God in truth and in spirit, God has given His Holyspirit as your prayer aid. Your prayer aid should not be graven images of Mary, Jesus and lucifer.

Romans 8:25-27
New International Version (NIV)
25 But if we hope for what we do
not yet have, we wait for it
patiently.
26 In the same way, the Spirit helps
us in our weakness. We do not
know what we ought to pray for,
but the Spirit himself intercedes for
us through wordless groans.
27 And he who searches our hearts
knows the mind of the Spirit,
because the Spirit intercedes for
God’s people in accordance with
the will of God.

We do not know what to pray for, we do not even know what our God looks like. But by faith, through the Holyspirit we get connected to Him.

God has already provided a perfect intercessor(the Holyspirit) for his people who intercede according to His will. But the catholics church, wallowing in the doctrine on men presented Mary. Thus fuelling the wrath of God on those that practice it. This very clear, a perfect deviation from the perfect will of God.

Am not judgmental but "rebukmental."
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 3:37pm On Dec 10, 2012
Boomark:

Did you ask your self how many handkerchiefs the apostles blessed for the people to use and heal themselves. How many? Let God use you as He will. Sorcery is everywhere my brother even in the church.

You tell me how many...and how many people got healed through the handkerchief. Also tell me how many people got healed through Peter's shadow and the bronze serpent. Then tell me the relevance of your question. Mr Ibu!

Boomark: To worship God in truth and in spirit, God has given His Holyspirit as your prayer aid. Your prayer aid should not be graven images of Mary, Jesus and lucifer.

patiently.
the will of God.

We do not know what to pray for, we do not even know what our God looks like. But by faith, through the Holyspirit we get connected to Him.

This verse also has no relevance to what is being discussed.

Boomark: God has already provided a perfect intercessor(the Holyspirit) for his people who intercede according to His will. But the catholics church, wallowing in the doctrine on men presented Mary. Thus fuelling the wrath of God on those that practice it. This very clear, a perfect deviation from the perfect will of God.

And non-Catholics presented thieves and liars like Oritsejafor and Chris Okotie, right? Why don't you also rely on the Spirit? Why do you rely on rogues to pray for you?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 8:51pm On Dec 10, 2012
grin

^Those posts above were well planned. A post with no escape route. If you fight it you will reveal the idol worship you defend more and more.

Let us(me, you and your catholic fellows) start today to solely rely on the help of the Holyspirit.

I hope you will burn every idol, graven images in your possession you use as prayer aid and let the Holyspirit aid you? Will you do that for God?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 10:56pm On Dec 10, 2012
Boomark: grin
^Those posts above were well planned. A post with no escape route. If you fight it you will reveal the idol worship you defend more and more.

Let us(me, you and your catholic fellows) start today to solely rely on the help of the Holyspirit.

I hope you will burn every idol, graven images in your possession you use as prayer aid and let the Holyspirit aid you? Will you do that for God?

Before that; are you admitting that you've not been relying solely on the help of the Holy Spirit or not?

If you haven't, what else have you been relying on, thieves?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:16am On Dec 11, 2012
Boomark:

Let me show you what is legit according to the new covenant.

Acts 17:29-30
New Living Translation (NLT)
29 And since this is true, we
shouldn’t think of God as an idol
designed by craftsmen from gold or
silver or stone.
30 “God overlooked people’s
ignorance about these things in
earlier times, but now he
commands everyone everywhere
to repent of their sins and turn to
him.

God has overlooked the time for such ignorance.

In line with worshiping the only true God in truth and in spirit, i will show you how it is done in my next post, not by the use of graven images as aid(this is the doctrine of men) but by the help of the Holyspirit.

again u have failed to interprete scriptures!
It say don't think of God as an idol, it doesnt say to use images!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:18am On Dec 11, 2012
Boomark:

To worship God in truth and in spirit, God has given His Holyspirit as your prayer aid. Your prayer aid should not be graven images of Mary, Jesus and lucifer.

patiently.
the will of God.

God has already provided a perfect intercessor(the Holyspirit) for his people who intercede according to His will. But the catholics church, wallowing in the doctrine on men presented Mary. Thus fuelling the wrath of God on those that practice it. This very clear, a perfect deviation from the perfect will of God.

let me get ur point! Are u saying that intercession is forbidden unless the intercessor is the holyspirit?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 10:14am On Dec 11, 2012
Ubenedictus: again u have failed to interprete scriptures!
It say don't think of God as an idol, it doesnt say to use images!

I know you will respond this way that's why i chose that translation. See it all here. Using images to serve God=idol worship.

New International Version
(©1984)
"Therefore since we are
God's offspring, we should
not think that the divine
being is like gold or silver
or stone--an image made
by man's design and skill.

New Living Translation
(©2007)
And since this is true, we
shouldn't think of God as
an idol designed by
craftsmen from gold or
silver or stone.

English Standard Version
(©2001)
Being then God’s
offspring, we ought not to
think that the divine
or stone, an image formed
by the art and
imagination of man.

New American Standard
Bible (©1995)
"Being then the children
of God, we ought not to
think that the Divine
Nature is like gold or
silver or stone, an image
formed by the art and
thought of man.

Holman Christian Standard
Bible (©2009)
Being God's offspring
then, we shouldn't think
that the divine nature is
like gold or silver or stone,
an image fashioned by
human art and
imagination."

International Standard
Version (©2012)
So if we are God's
children, we shouldn't
think that the divine
being is like gold, silver, or
stone, or is an image
carved by humans using
their own imagination
and skill.

King James Bible
(Cambridge Ed.)
Forasmuch then as we are
the offspring of God, we
ought not to think that
the Godhead is like unto
gold, or silver, or stone[b],
graven by art and man's
device.[/b]
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 10:56am On Dec 11, 2012
Ubenedictus: let me get ur point! Are u saying that intercession is forbidden unless the intercessor is the holyspirit?

Yes!

Mt 12:18 (Nkjv)
Behold, my servant whom I have chosen, my beloved in whom my soul is well pleased; I will put my spirit upon him, and he will declare justice to the gentiles.

Rev 5:6 (Nkjv)
And i looked, and behold in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a lamb as though it has been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

The spirit of God upon Christ the servant of God is sent into all the earth. Do you see how Christ is made the High priest and mediator between God and man.

When you pray in the spirit, the Holyspirit aids you according to the will of God. No other spirit is involved in this arrangement by God.

Man pray for man. The Holyspirit is the only perfect spirit that intercede for man. No Mary spirit or st Pauls spirit is needed.

It is a big YES my brother.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:42am On Dec 11, 2012
Boomark:

I know you will respond this way that's why i chose that translation. See it all here. Using images to serve God=idol worship.

New International Version
(©1984)
"Therefore since we are
God's offspring, we should
not think that the divine
or stone--an image made
by man's design and skill.

New Living Translation
(©2007)
And since this is true, we
shouldn't think of God as
an idol designed by
craftsmen from gold or
silver or stone.

English Standard Version
(©2001)
Being then God’s
offspring, we ought not to
think that the divine
or stone, an image formed
by the art and
imagination of man.

New American Standard
Bible (©1995)
"Being then the children
of God, we ought not to
think that the Divine
Nature is like gold or
silver or stone, an image
formed by the art and
thought of man.

Holman Christian Standard
Bible (©2009)
Being God's offspring
then, we shouldn't think
that the divine nature is
like gold or silver or stone,
an image fashioned by
human art and
imagination."

International Standard
Version (©2012)
So if we are God's
children, we shouldn't
think that the divine
being is like gold, silver, or
stone, or is an image
carved by humans using
their own imagination
and skill.

King James Bible
(Cambridge Ed.)
Forasmuch then as we are
the offspring of God, we
ought not to think that
the Godhead is like unto
gold, or silver, or stone[b],
graven by art and man's
device.[/b]
read those text again and learn. The standard bible tell d story "we shuldnt tink of d divine nature as gold, silva or an image..." the last time a checked no one said d divine nature was like gold or any image! Infact no one attempts to capture divine nature in xtian art! Please again learn to interprete!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:56am On Dec 11, 2012
Boomark:
Yes!
Behold, my servant whom I have chosen, my beloved in whom my soul is well pleased; I will put my spirit upon him, and he will declare justice to the gentiles.

And i looked, and behold in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a lamb as though it has been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

The spirit of God upon Christ the servant of God is sent into all the earth. Do you see how Christ is made the High priest and mediator between God and man.

When you pray in the spirit, the Holyspirit aids you according to the will of God. No other spirit is involved in this arrangement by God.

Man pray for man. The Holyspirit is the only perfect spirit that intercede for man. No Mary spirit or st Pauls spirit is needed.

very dumb answer! I thought u were wise enough to say no! Since all intercession is wrong unless d holyspirit is d intercessor that means u are accusing d word of God of heresy. 1 tim 2:1, jam5:14-20, 1thess1:2, 1sam12:23, num21:7, phil1:4-6, eph6:18, 2thess3:1, eph3:14-19. I gat more, wen u are thru wit d above just ask 4 more.
Very silly answer!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:56am On Dec 11, 2012
Boomark:
Yes!

very dumb answer! I thought u were wise enough to say no! Since all intercession is wrong unless d holyspirit is d intercessor that means u are accusing d word of God of heresy. 1 tim 2:1, jam5:14-20, 1thess1:2, 1sam12:23, num21:7, phil1:4-6, eph6:18, 2thess3:1, eph3:14-19. I gat more, wen u are thru wit d above just ask 4 more.
Very silly answer!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 12:46pm On Dec 11, 2012
Ubenedictus: read those text again and learn. The standard bible tell d story "we shuldnt tink of d divine nature as gold, silva or an image..." the last time a checked no one said d divine nature was like gold or any image! Infact no one attempts to capture divine nature in xtian art! Please again learn to interprete!

Whether divine nature or undivine nature, there no two ways to idol worship. Besides, is Christ not divine? Why do you make his image? Do you know how he looks? Does he appear like all the different images of him in the catholic church?

Deut 5:8
English Standard Version
(©2001)
“‘You shall not make for
yourself a carved image,
or any likeness of
anything that is in heaven
above, or that is on the
earth beneath, or that is
in the water under the
earth.

No escape my brother, idol worship is idol worship. It is clearly written.

Stop fighting on behalf of lifeless images. Serve the living God in spirit and in truth.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 1:10pm On Dec 11, 2012
Ubenedictus: very dumb answer! I thought u were wise enough to say no! Since all intercession is wrong unless d holyspirit is d intercessor that means u are accusing d word of God of heresy. 1 tim 2:1, jam5:14-20, 1thess1:2, 1sam12:23, num21:7, phil1:4-6, eph6:18, 2thess3:1, eph3:14-19. I gat more, wen u are thru wit d above just ask 4 more.
Very silly answer!

in·ter·cede.
1. To plead on another's
behalf.
2. To act as mediator in a
dispute.

Infact all your quotes above belongs to me. Because you didn't see where i said man pray for man in my post. See is here bolded:

Man pray for man. The
Holyspirit is the only perfect
spirit that intercede for man. No
Mary spirit or st Pauls spirit is
needed.

Now what you have to look for is where the spirit of Mary, Paul etc where asked to pray/intercede for man. The one that is clearly written i have shown you is that of the Holyspirit spirit.

And you have to be careful when ever you are calling me or my posts silly/dumb, because i like making the dumbee the dumb.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:54am On Dec 12, 2012
Boomark:

in·ter·cede.
1. To plead on another's
behalf.
2. To act as mediator in a
dispute.

Infact all your quotes above belongs to me. Because you didn't see where i said man pray for man in my post. See is here bolded:

Man pray for man. The
Holyspirit is the only perfect
spirit that intercede for man. No
Mary spirit or st Pauls spirit is
needed.

Now what you have to look for is where the spirit of Mary, Paul etc where asked to pray/intercede for man. The one that is clearly written i have shown you is that of the Holyspirit spirit.

And you have to be careful when ever you are calling me or my posts silly/dumb, because i like making the dumbee the dumb.
actually if i remember correctly u said yes to the question "ALL intercession is 4biden unless d intercessor is d holyspirit" is man d holyspirit? No place 4 ya to hide.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:56am On Dec 12, 2012
Boomark:
Whether divine nature or undivine nature, there no two ways to idol worship. Besides, is Christ not divine? Why do you make his image? Do you know how he looks? Does he appear like all the different images of him in the catholic church?
i bet he does!

English Standard Version
(©2001)
“‘You shall not make for
yourself a carved image,
or any likeness of
above, or that is on the
in the water under the
earth.

No escape my brother, idol worship is idol worship. It is clearly written.
Stop fighting on behalf of lifeless images. Serve the living God in spirit and in truth.
that is ya fallible interpretation!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 8:13am On Dec 12, 2012
Boomark:
Whether divine nature or
undivine nature, there no two
ways to idol worship. Besides, is
Christ not divine? Why do you
make his image? Do you know
how he looks? Does he appear
like all the different images of
him in the catholic church?

i bet he does!

English Standard Version
(©2001)
“‘You shall not make for
yourself a carved image,
or any likeness of
above, or that is on the
in the water under the
earth.

No escape my brother, idol
worship is idol worship. It is
clearly written.
Stop fighting on behalf of
lifeless images. Serve the living
God in spirit and in truth.

that is ya fallible interpretation!

See how you are lying here and there against the one(Jesus) you should fear just because of lifeless images. That Jesus appeared as the different images in catholic church? SMH!!!

Is it not obvious that catholic church worship idol and are not Christ followers(Christians).

Lucifer, queen of the coast and the demons must have had there fair share of representation by each of those images. Look deeply into those images you probably will see a demon staring at you.

You didn't see deut 5:8 coming. You got choked up when you finally saw it, knowing fully well that you are in possession of idol.

I tell you again:
Stop fighting on behalf of
lifeless images possessed by demons. Serve the living
God in spirit and in truth.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 8:31am On Dec 12, 2012
2 Thessalonians 2:9-12
9 The coming of the lawless one
will be in accordance with how
Satan works. He will use all sorts of
displays of power through signs
and wonders that serve the lie,
10 and all the ways that
wickedness deceives those who are
perishing. They perish because they
refused to love the truth and so be
saved. 11 For this reason God sends
them a powerful delusion so that
they will believe the lie 12 and so
that all will be condemned who
have not believed the truth but
have delighted in wickedness.

For all catholics that have chosen to believe a lie. Meditated on it.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 9:49am On Dec 12, 2012
Boomark: 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12
9 The coming of the lawless one
will be in accordance with how
Satan works. He will use all sorts of
displays of power through signs
and wonders that serve the lie,
10 and all the ways that
wickedness deceives those who are
perishing. They perish because they
refused to love the truth and so be
saved. 11 For this reason God sends
them a powerful delusion so that
they will believe the lie 12 and so
that all will be condemned who
have not believed the truth but
have delighted in wickedness.

For all catholics that have chosen to believe a lie. Meditated on it.

But we Catholics love the truth - Jesus. We love him so much that we keep images of him to constantly remind us of him. We love him so much that we receive him into our body and soul at mass.

So this above doesn't really apply to faithful Catholics. It applies better to you non-Catholics who have twisted the truth for personal gains like private jets, jeeps, mansions and other material gains.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Boomark(m): 10:34am On Dec 12, 2012
italo:

But we Catholics love the truth - Jesus. We love him so much that we keep images of him to constantly remind us of him. We love him so much that we receive him into our body and soul at mass.

So this above doesn't really apply to faithful Catholics. It applies better to you non-Catholics who have twisted the truth for personal gains like private jets, jeeps, mansions and other material gains.

That quote is actually referring more to faithful catholics starting from their pope. If you love Christ, destroy those images and worship God in spirit and in truth. Obey Him. He did not ask you to keep unregulated images that opportunistic demons have taken advantage of to get worship for themselves. Look deep into those images you will see demons staring at you.

its seems you are more interested in the pastors that are not following the footsteps of Christ than You and the catholics who are worshipping idol. Or you want to use it as a distraction?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (83) (Reply)

Photos From The Attack On Apostle Johnson Suleman's Convoy In Edo (Graphic) / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.