Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again (15785 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked / Man Of God Or Servant Of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 10:10am On Dec 09, 2012
To many, this might be new. Many will say "How can it be...?" It is not in line with what they teach you But the truth is that Jesus is the servant of the Almighty God(the Father). This is what the scripture says.

NKJV
Act 3:13 "The God of Abraham, Isaac, and
Jacob, the God of our fathers,
glorified His Servant Jesus,
whom
you delivered up and denied in the
presence of Pilate, when he was
determined to let [Him] go.

Act 3:26 "To you first, God, having raised up
His Servant Jesus,
sent Him to bless
you, in turning away every one [of
you] from your iniquities."

v13 showed who the God of our forefathers is and that His servant is Jesus Christ. Not His equal.

De 6:4
New International Version
(©1984)
Hear, O Israel: The LORD
our God, the LORD is one.

The Father is the only one the israelites take as their God. De 6:10 shed more light on this.

To make God equal to His servant is not what the bible teach. It is not what the Holyspirit inspired. Meditate carefully on these things.

5 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by nedu2000(m): 10:23am On Dec 09, 2012
John 3:16.....for God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten "SON"..........versions of the bible vary as 'servant' can signify anyone ready to do someone else bidding. I for example is a servant to my father 'cause I do his bidding,but doesn't take away the fact that I'm still his son

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by ijawkid(m): 10:28am On Dec 09, 2012
nedu2000: John 3:16.....for God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten "SON"..........versions of the bible vary as 'servant' can signify anyone ready to do someone else bidding. I for example is a servant to my father 'cause I do his bidding,but doesn't take away the fact that I'm still his son

And also his servant at the same time..........

Isaiah 53:1-12 prophesied long in advance that Yahwehs servant(Jesus) is whom he will use to redeem mankind..........

11 After he has suffered,
he will see the light of life[d] and be
satisfied[e];
by his knowledge[f] my righteous "SERVANT" will
justify many,
and he will bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will give him a portion among
the great,[g]
and he will divide the spoils with the strong,
[h]
because he poured out his life unto death,
and was numbered with the transgressors.
For he bore the sin of many,
and made intercession for the
transgressors.

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 10:44am On Dec 09, 2012
nedu2000: John 3:16.....for God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten "SON"..........versions of the bible vary as 'servant' can signify anyone ready to do someone else bidding. I for example is a servant to my father 'cause I do his bidding,but doesn't take away the fact that I'm still his son

Yes as far as you are doing the biddings of your father as a son and servant at the same time, you will always be his subject, 1Cor 15:28. You must do his biddings else you disobey him.

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 11:05am On Dec 09, 2012
Isa 49:5-6

And now the LORD says—
5 he who formed me in the
womb to be his servant

to bring Jacob back to him
and gather Israel to
himself,
for I am[a] honored in the eyes of
the LORD
and my God has been my
strength—
he says: 6
“It is too small a thing for you to be
my servant

to restore the tribes of
Jacob
and bring back those of
Israel I have kept.
I will also make you a light for the
Gentiles,
that my salvation may
reach to the ends of the earth.”

The apostles are very consistent in quoting from the scripture as it is...no twisting at all. This is their quote:

Acts 13:46-47
King James Version (KJV)
46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed
bold, and said, It was necessary
that the word of God should first
have been spoken to you: but
seeing ye put it from you, and
judge yourselves unworthy of
everlasting life, lo, we turn to the
Gentiles.
47 For so hath the Lord
commanded us, saying, I have set
thee to be a light of the Gentiles,
that thou shouldest be for salvation
unto the ends of the earth.

They know that Christ is the servant of the Most High, the God they serve and not His equal. He has choosen Christ to serve Him.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 09, 2012
Nice one brah Boomark! Subscribing!!!
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 11:17am On Dec 09, 2012
ijawkid:

And also his servant at the same time..........

Isaiah 53:1-12 prophesied long in advance that Yahwehs servant(Jesus) is whom he will use to redeem mankind..........

11 After he has suffered,
he will see the light of life[d] and be
satisfied[e];
by his knowledge[f] my righteous "SERVANT" will
justify many,
and he will bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will give him a portion among
the great,[g]
and he will divide the spoils with the strong,
[h]
because he poured out his life unto death,
and was numbered with the transgressors.
For he bore the sin of many,
and made intercession for the
transgressors.

Brother m, that prophesy is true. Christ our Lord is the righteous servant of our God. Corner corner no dey am.

wink

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 11:27am On Dec 09, 2012
seriallink: Nice one brah Boomark! Subscribing!!!

Thanks brah.

I told someone that Christ is the servant of God His Father, he said " make you no talk that thing again o, the Father and the Son are inseparable."

I had to go home, gather all the quotes i know and send to Him as a text. Let it deal with him abi him deal with it. He is still quite about it since then, i guess they are still dealing with each other.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Todaynatoday: 1:36pm On Dec 09, 2012
Even with all these glaring scriptures, some will still choose to argue. Trinity is a false doctrine simple and straigthforward.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 09, 2012
Thanks for this Bookmark. I will Bookmark this article grin

Anyway , the simple question is , how can a Father be his own SON and a SON be his Father at the same time.

I mean common guys, this is simple logic !

Problem is , when we begin to form theology on matters so clearly laid out in scripture , into a complex web of impossible to understand logic, we end up confusing not only ourselves but also other newbies to the faith.

Jesus Christ was neither GOD nor an angel , he was and is the Son of GOD, the Messiah and the Christ.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 4:52pm On Dec 09, 2012
frosbel: Thanks for this Bookmark. I will Bookmark this article grin

Anyway , the simple question is , how can a Father be his own SON and a SON be his Father at the same time.

Problem is , when we begin to form theology on matters so clearly laid out in scripture , into a complex web of impossible to understand logic, we end up confusing not only ourselves but also other newbies to the faith.

Jesus Christ was neither GOD nor an angel , he was and is the Son of GOD, the Messiah and the Christ.

grin

I want them to see it. Most people are not aware. They will see it as an insult when you say it but are shocked when they see it from the scripture. Some will also twist what is clear into what is not clear. I don't know whose purpose they are serving, God or Man.

All serve the Father.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 8:33am On Dec 10, 2012
Zechariah 3:8
New International Version
(©1984)
"'Listen, O high priest
Joshua and your
associates seated before
you, who are men
symbolic of things to
come: I am going to bring
my servant, the Branch.

Isa 11:1-3 (Nkjv)
There shall come forth a Rod from
the stem of Jesse,
And a Branch shall grow out of his
roots.

The Spirit of the LORD shall rest
upon Him, 2
The Spirit of wisdom and
understanding,
The Spirit of counsel and might,
The Spirit of knowledge and of the
fear of the LORD.
His delight is in the fear of the
LORD,
And He shall not judge by the sight
of His eyes,
Nor decide by the hearing of His
ears;

Acts 13:22-23
New International Version (NIV)
22 After removing Saul, he made
David their king. God testified
concerning him: ‘I have found
David son of Jesse, a man after my
own heart; he will do everything I
want him to do.’
23 “From this man’s descendants
God has brought to Israel the
Savior Jesus, as he promised.

He brought His servant, the saviour Jesus as He promised.

These are series of proves that Jesus is the Branch, the servant of the Almighty God. If you want to know the truth, start from the root.

For sincere people and those new to the discussion about trinity, if you want to know how faulty trinity is, start from its definition to see if it can fit in with the bible truth. Don't just jump to "I and my Father are one," grin you may not understand what the "oneness" means.

Our Lord Jesus delights in the fear of God...Who is Man to make him equal to the One he fears? That is not what the Branch, the servant of God expects from his followers.

All fear God(no exception) but God fears no one(no exception).
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by italo: 4:07pm On Dec 10, 2012
@ Boomark,

John 1:1 says "In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God.

What did John mean by "word"?
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Todaynatoday: 5:18pm On Dec 10, 2012
italo: @ Boomark,

John 1:1 says "In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God.

The word obviously stands for the Son of God. But I am amazed at the extent some people would go to defend something that is not true. Now let us look at the verse you posted.

John 1:1
In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God.

Look at the underlined word leading to the next sentence. How can I be with someone and still be that same person. When the bible says that Jesus is God, it is not implying that Jesus is Yahweh. Even Jesus called men gods so why can He also not be referred to as a God?

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 10, 2012
The trinity doctrine is the biggest lie ever sold in christianity. It doesnt have backings in the scriptures nor does it make any logical sense.

Good thread @Boomark. I'm adding the verse below:

English Standard Version (©2001)

Acts 3:26

God, having raised up his servant, sent him to you first, to bless you by turning every one of you from your wickedness.

Jesus is the son and servant of the Most High God [Yahweh]

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 9:24pm On Dec 10, 2012
Todaynatoday: The word obviously stands for the Son of God. But I am amazed at the extent some people would go to defend something that is not true. Now let us look at the verse you posted.

Look at the underlined word leading to the next sentence. How can I be with someone and still be that same person. When the bible says that Jesus is God, it is not implying that Jesus is Yahweh. Even Jesus called men gods so why can He also not be referred to as a God?

Thanks bro.

The capital letter "G" is what trinitarians use to confuse people.

There are those that are called gods both in heaven and on earth but over all, there is but one God the Father, 1Cor 8:5-6.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by tbaba1234: 9:38pm On Dec 10, 2012
What do you mean by 'son of God'? exactly

Let's agree to use common sense. Please read carefully and reason.

See there are only two options involved in having a son:

i. begotten: The very meaning of which connotes intimate intercourse.

That is ludicrous, so he is not literally the son of God. Now you only other option is that he was adopted.

ii. Adopted

This is also absurd.

Imagine i had a fish bowl and inside the fish bowl is a fish called floppy.

I say to you, this is floppy my son.

You will probably say, that is crazy, it is a fish

I insist that floppy the fish is my son, I have all the adoption papers signed and all. He eats dinner at the table and i have a room for him.

You will probably say: No, that is a fish and you are a human.

Point: You can't adopt a fish as your son, it doesn't have any meaning. You can only adopt something as a son which is like you, a human being.

Historically humans have used the names of these lower animals to insult each other, by calling them names of animals.. Ex: you cow, pig , son of a.... e.t.c.

Why do you think that is the case? This is because you are equating the human to something lower than it. This is considered an insult to most of us.

The point here is that, this is more insulting to God to say that God has a human being as a son. Humans and animals do share a lot of characteristics, we are both needy and finite. we were all born and we will die.

God does not have any of those traits. God is the Opposite of all of these. To equate the creator to having as His son, a human being is actually insulting and has no meaning.

You have another option though, which is a common feature in semetic languages... People are addressed as the fathers of what they love. For instance, in Arabic, a man is called Abu hurayra- father of cats... Basically, one who loves cats. We see that in the bible that many people are called sons of Gods. It simply refers to one that God is pleased with or loves. If you mean that God loves Jesus (Peace and blessings be upon him), i have no problem with that.

However, you can not make a square to be a circle and still remain a square. It makes no sense. The man, Jesus (Peace and blessings be upon him)according to your bible, ate food, got tempted, drank, slept, prayed... This is completely the attribute of a man and the opposite of a self-sufficient God or the 'son of a self-sufficient God". You can not have a square-triangle. It makes no sense.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 9:52pm On Dec 10, 2012
italo: @ Boomark,

The word refers to Jesus.

The Word(Jesus) was with God(The Father).
The Word is God(Jesus(this is not
saying Jesus is the Father)).

When the v18 said "no one has seen God at any time...," it is not referring to the Word(Son of God) but to the Father who is a spirit. So the difference is clear.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by italo: 10:44pm On Dec 10, 2012
Todaynatoday: The word obviously stands for the Son of God. But I am amazed at the extent some people would go to defend something that is not true. Now let us look at the verse you posted.

So you agree that the Bible says that Jesus is God.

That is enough!

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by italo: 10:48pm On Dec 10, 2012
Boomark:

The word refers to Jesus.

The Word is God(Jesus(this is not
saying Jesus is the Father)).

...What is it saying?...that Jesus is God or not?
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 10, 2012
tbaba1234: What do you mean by 'son of God'? exactly

That is ludicrous, so he is not literally the son of God. Now you only other option is that he was adopted.

ii. Adopted

This is also absurd.

I insist that floppy the fish is my son, I have all the adoption papers signed and all. He eats dinner at the table and i have a room for him.

Point: You can't adopt a fish as your son, it doesn't have any meaning. You can only adopt something as a son which is like you, a human being.

Historically humans have used the names of these lower animals to insult each other, by calling them names of animals.. Ex: you cow, pig , son of a.... e.t.c.

Why do you think that is the case? This is because you are equating the human to something lower than it. This is considered an insult to most of us.

The point here is that, this is more insulting to God to say that God has a human being as a son. Humans and animals do share a lot of characteristics, we are both needy and finite. we were all born and we will die.

God does not have any of those traits. God is the Opposite of all of these. To equate the creator to having as His son, a human being is actually insulting and has no meaning.

You have another option though, which is a common feature in semetic languages... People are addressed as the fathers of what they love. For instance, in Arabic, a man is called Abu hurayra- father of cats... Basically, one who loves cats. We see that in the bible that many people are called sons of Gods. It simply refers to one that God is pleased with or loves. If you mean that God loves Jesus (Peace and blessings be upon him), i have no problem with that.

However, you can not make a square to be a circle and still remain a square. It makes no sense. The man, Jesus (Peace and blessings be upon him)according to your bible, ate food, got tempted, drank, slept, prayed... This is completely the attribute of a man and the opposite of a self-sufficient God or the 'son of a self-sufficient God". You can not have a square-triangle. It makes no sense.
What do you understand by the word 'Son' to begin with?

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 11:28pm On Dec 10, 2012
italo:

...What is it saying?...that Jesus is God or not?

before i answer,
1cor 8:5-6 says there are gods both in heaven and on earth. An elder in heaven(god) and a king(god) on earth can never be equal. Even in heaven there are ranks among gods. Some bible translation use "Lord" for Christ and the same for men.

The capital letter "G" or small letter "g" does not indicate equality. It is just an english alphabet.

So Jesus is God.

For clarity purposes, in jn 1:1, interpreters should have used "God" for the Father and "god" for the word.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by italo: 11:33pm On Dec 10, 2012
Boomark:
before i answer,
1cor 8:5-6 says there are gods both in heaven and on earth. An elder in heaven(god) and a king(god) on earth can never be equal. Even in heaven there are ranks among gods. Some bible translation use "Lord" for Christ and the same for men.

The capital letter "G" or small letter "g" does not indicate equality. It is just an english alphabet.

So Jesus is God.

For clarity purposes, in jn 1:1, interpreters should have used "God" for the Father and "god" for the word.

So you know better than the interpreters.

Anyway, you also agree that Jesus is God.

That is enough.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 11:45pm On Dec 10, 2012
italo:

So you know better than the interpreters.

Anyway, you also agree that Jesus is God.

That is enough.

That Jesus is God is not a problem. Where the problem lies is when the servant(our Lord Jesus) is made equal to His master and His God(the Father).

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 12:53am On Dec 11, 2012
Isaiah 42:1-8 (NIV)
The Servant of the LORD
1 "Here is my servant, whom I
uphold, my chosen one in whom I
delight; I will put my Spirit on him
and he will bring justice to the
nations.
2 He will not shout or cry
out, or raise his voice in the streets.
3 A bruised reed he will not break,
and a smoldering wick he will not
snuff out. In faithfulness he will
bring forth justice; 4 he will not
falter or be discouraged till he
establishes justice on earth. In his
law the islands will put their
hope." 5 This is what God the LORD
says-- he who created the heavens
and stretched them out, who
spread out the earth and all that
comes out of it, who gives breath
to its people, and life to those who
walk on it: 6 "I, the LORD, have
called you in righteousness; I will
take hold of your hand. I will keep
you and will make you to be a
covenant for the people and a light
for the Gentiles, 7 to open eyes
that are blind, to free captives from
prison and to release from the
dungeon those who sit in
darkness.
8 "I am the LORD; that is
my name! I will not give my glory
to another or my praise to idols.

Mt 121:7-20
This was to fulfil what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah:
“Here is my servant whom I have
chosen, 18
the one I love, in whom I
delight;
I will put my Spirit on him,
and he will proclaim justice
to the nations.

He will not quarrel or cry out; 19
no one will hear his voice
in the streets.
A bruised reed he will not break, 20
and a smoldering wick he
will not snuff out,
till he has brought justice through
to victory.

The Father have chosen him, gave him His Holyspirit. The Holyspirit belongs to the Father and He gives to whom He will.

v5-8 of Isa 42 shows who the Oga kpatakpata is and what He does for His servant.

Trinity holds no water when you reason from the scripture step by step.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by alienvirus: 6:31am On Dec 11, 2012
Trust me! Christianity is a LOAD OF CRAP. I love how the fraud (xtianity) being dealt with left right and centre.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by truthislight: 7:03am On Dec 11, 2012
frosbel: Thanks for this Bookmark. I will Bookmark this article grin

lol. My friend, you should have said that christ never preexisted like you always said.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by tbaba1234: 9:41am On Dec 11, 2012
Reyginus: What do you understand by the word 'Son' to begin with?

I have defined the options unless you have another
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 11, 2012
tbaba1234: What do you mean by 'son of God'? exactly

ii. Adopted

This is also absurd.

Y'all missed this?
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by italo: 12:55pm On Dec 11, 2012
Boomark:
That Jesus is God is not a problem. Where the problem lies is when the servant(our Lord Jesus) is made equal to His master and His God(the Father).

Phillipians 2:5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in very nature God,
   did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
    by taking the very nature of a servant,

being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    by becoming obedient to death—
        even death on a cross!

Did you see that?

Do you need further explanation?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 1:50pm On Dec 11, 2012
italo:

Phillipians 2:5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in very nature God,
   did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
    by taking the very nature of a servant,

being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    by becoming obedient to death—
        even death on a cross!

Did you see that?

Do you need further explanation?

At first you did not explain anything. Let me explain it to you with my own parable. grin

A prince was sent to a land under the control of his father to get a priceless treasure. He went there and the people did not know him. They despise him, spat on him and pushed him out of the way as they pass. But he did not talk back at them, his voice was not heard on the broad way, mt 12:18-19. He did not say "don't you know i am the prince? And you people must show your respect to me." but he took the form of a servant, associated with the lowly ones until he achieved what his father wants from him. When he returned, his father glorified him and made him the crown prince.

This it for you. Your interpretation should not contradict the bible.
Re: Jesus Christ The Servant Of God: Trinity Debunked Again by Boomark(m): 3:40pm On Dec 11, 2012
One God: The Father

1 Corinthians 8:4-6
New International Version (NIV)
4 So then, about eating food
sacrificed to idols: We know that
“An idol is nothing at all in the
world” and that “There is no God
but one.”
5 For even if there are
so-
called gods, whether in heaven or
on earth (as indeed there are
many
“gods” and many “lords”), 6 yet
for
us there is but one God, the
Father,
from whom all things came and
for
whom we live; and there is but
one
Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom
all things came and through
whom
we live.
Deut 6:4
Hear, O Israel: the LORD our God is
one LORD.
Eph 4:6
One God and Father of all, who is
above all, and through all, and in
all.

1Tim2:5
For there is one God, and one
mediator between God and men,
the man Christ Jesus.

Acts 3:13
The God of Abraham and of Isaac
and of Jacob, the God of our
forefathers, has glorified His
servant, Jesus, whom you, for
your part, delivered up....

Mal 2:10
Is it not one Father that all of us
have? Is it not one God that has
created us? Why do you deal
treacherously with one
another,...?

Mt 23:9
Moreover, do not call anyone
your father on earth, for one is
your Father, the heavenly one.

The bible clearly shows that there
is one God who is the Father. The
God that the Israelites worship,
who is different from His servant,
Jesus, acts 3:13.

Trinity, being the doctrine of men
contradicts these bible verses by
saying that one God consist of 3
different persons: Father, Son and
Holyspirit. Their is no where it is
written in the bible.

What is written is that God is one
and He is the Father, who is God
over all, including our Lord Jesus,
Eph 1:17.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Touch Not My Anointed / Man Treks For 7-Days From Abuja To See Apostle Suleman In Edo State / To All The Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.