Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal (3696 Views)

Sudan president detained in South Africa pending court order / Al Jazeera Drags Nigerian Army To Court Over Detained Journalists / ISIS Supreme Leader's Wife, Son Captured And Detained In Lebanon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by akpomeme(m): 4:27pm On Jun 17, 2013
Al Jazeera's correspondent Yvonne Ndege, camera operator Romuald Luyindula, producer Mohammed Abubakar and driver Rabiu Abdullahi have been held in Zinder for the past three days for cash for news scandal as well as esponaige. The state police alleged that evidence has emerged that Al Jazeera crew are involved in "Cash for News" scandal where hobos are fed, paid and scripted to grant interviews that does not represent facts on ground.The four were then interrogated for about ten hours before being officially arrested and charged with espionage and fake news reporting.

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by dgitrader(m): 5:24pm On Jun 17, 2013
Interesting twist!

OP source?
Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by WarriPikin1: 5:42pm On Jun 17, 2013
I had always known that fake Boko Haram reporter was using cash to influence people into doing her propaganda. The last time,she got a confirmed Boko Haram member and tried to pass him off as a mole in the Nigerian army. Only that the video the Boko Haram guy gave was taken in Adamawa not Borno state as she claimed.

Thank God Niger Republic's intelligence agencies aren't like Nigeria, where spies are given a field day to operate unhindered.Nigeria must wake up and review the background and activities of these reporters sent by Al-Jazeera etc. Many nations of view a united Nigeria as a threat to their desire to control Africa.This Yvonne Ndege is a spy and doing a lot of insidious subversive activities to undermine the ability of Nigeria to control its territory. They use their position as journalists to extract sensitive government information,which is directly passed to terrorists and the sponsor nations.Please, Nigeria wake up, before it's too late!!!

7 Likes

Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 17, 2013
how I wish they will jail her for 2years .

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 17, 2013
Warri _Pikin: I had always known that fake Boko Haram reporter was using cash to influence people into doing her propaganda. The last time,she got a confirmed Boko Haram member and tried to pass him off as a mole in the Nigerian army. Only that the video the Boko Haram guy gave was taken in Adamawa not Borno state as she claimed.

Thank God Niger Republic's intelligence agencies aren't like Nigeria, where spies are given a field day to operate unhindered.Nigeria must wake up and review the background and activities of these reporters sent by Al-Jazeera etc. Many nations of view a united Nigeria as a threat to their desire to control Africa.This Yvonne Ndege is a spy and doing a lot of insidious subversive activities to undermine the ability of Nigeria to control its territory. They use their position as journalists to extract sensitive government information,which is directly passed to terrorists and the sponsor nations.Please, Nigeria wake up, before it's too late!!!
it might surprise you that Nigeria's SSS orchestrated this ... I'm 80% sure

7 Likes

Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by Omexonomy: 6:10pm On Jun 17, 2013
sheyie2007: it might surprise you that Nigeria's SSS orchestrated this ... I'm 80% sure
you might be right they want to give them disgrace serious disgrace anywhere in west africa.

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by akpomeme(m): 6:49pm On Jun 17, 2013
First it was Jeff Konegen of CNN who arranged fake militants to portray Nigeria in bad light and was fired by CNN, now another eastern African reporter is doing the same. What is it with Kenyans and Nigeria and their love for negative reporting of this entity!!!

2 Likes

Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by Rossikk(m): 6:57pm On Jun 17, 2013
googlepikin: how I wish they will jail her for 2years .

10 years more like. That whor.e of Arabs needs dealing with.

And the really annoying thing about her is she's so dark-skinned with an African-sounding name, such that neutral viewers would look at her and think ''she must be telling the truth. Why would she lie against her own people?'' Her being African gives more appearance of credibility to her lies than if she were say an Arab or white correspondent. And Al Jazeera know this full well, which is why they use her in their campaign of lies against Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by Rossikk(m): 7:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
sheyie2007: it might surprise you that Nigeria's SSS orchestrated this ... I'm 80% sure

I agree. Niger could never have done it without Nigeria playing a heavy role.
Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by Rossikk(m): 7:07pm On Jun 17, 2013
akpomeme: First it was Jeff Konegen of CNN who arranged fake militants to portray Nigeria in bad light and was fired by CNN, now another eastern African reporter is doing the same. What is it with Kenyans and Nigeria and their love for negative reporting of this entity!!!

Not only them. You should watch 'eNCA Africa', the South African channel. They make it their duty to daily trash Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by akpomeme(m): 7:13pm On Jun 17, 2013
Rossikk:

Not only them. You should watch 'eNCA Africa', the South African channel. They make it their duty to daily trash Nigeria.

Will check eNCA out... It is just not right !!!
Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by akpomeme(m): 7:50pm On Jun 17, 2013
googlepikin: how I wish they will jail her for 2years .

She is a disgrace!!! angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by ebucha: 7:54pm On Jun 17, 2013
Breeze blow, fowl nyash open!

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 17, 2013
This must be the reason I always hate to see her face on TV especially when she is reporting on Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by akpomeme(m): 9:05pm On Jun 17, 2013
grin grin grin grin
cogitoErgo: This must be the reason I always hate to see her face on TV especially when she is reporting on Nigeria!
grin grin grin grin she is uuugly..lol

2 Likes

Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by akinladejo: 9:29pm On Jun 17, 2013
But Aljazera gave first hand information about Gadafi during their crisis now.
Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 17, 2013

Are you an armed Robber?
Why did you steal what I wanted to say?

2 Likes

Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by akpomeme(m): 10:33pm On Jun 17, 2013
akinladejo: But Aljazera gave first hand information about Gadafi during their crisis now.
Who would report differently during libya
Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by Alxmyr(m): 10:45pm On Jun 17, 2013
Rossikk:

I agree. Niger could never have done it without Nigeria playing a heavy role.

In Nigeria, she will hide under the Freedom of information bill and walk away free. But there is nothing like that in Niger Republic.
Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jun 17, 2013
akinladejo: But Aljazera gave first hand information about Gadafi during their crisis now.
you are really gullible, it is a well known fact that aljazeera engaged in a big campain of news fabrication in Libya.

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by ChimaAdeoye: 1:34am On Jun 18, 2013
The girl na cheap asewo. I know 3 army guys that have slept with her in Abuja. Yet, her supposed fiancee is in Kenya!
Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by texanomaly(f): 3:37am On Jun 18, 2013
Rossikk:

Pardon me, but I am curious. I know little of Nigerian politics, but I am curious as to why so many in Africa are against Nigeria. Can anyone explain this to me?
Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by Rossikk(m): 7:03am On Jun 18, 2013
texanomaly:
Pardon me, but I am curious. I know little of Nigerian politics, but I am curious as to why so many in Africa are against Nigeria. Can anyone explain this to me?

Because Nigeria is the biggest and most dominant country in Africa - in population, politically, economically, educationally, sports wise, entertainment wise, you name it. On telly in most African countries Nigerian films rule. And in clubs, Nigerian music dominates, etc etc.... This gives many other Africans a serious inferiority complex which often manifests in puerile attempts to 'pull down' the intimidating Nigerian behemoth.

1 Like

Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:05am On Jun 18, 2013
Yvonne Ndege should be careful the way she reports on conflict issues. Always bias.
Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 18, 2013
Chima_Adeoye: The girl na cheap asewo. I know 3 army guys that have slept with her in Abuja. Yet, her supposed fiancee is in Kenya!
owsh! she may have even been using her "thing" to get news!
I used to think she is south african(part of the reasons i hate her)
Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by Rossikk(m): 7:16am On Jun 18, 2013
Chima_Adeoye: The girl na cheap asewo. I know 3 army guys that have slept with her in Abuja.
Are you serious?

Chei.
Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 18, 2013
texanomaly:
Define what you mean by "against".
And also why not ask all black people why the other races are "against" them.
Or the jews why most of the world are "against" them.
One of the answers to your ill articulated question would be "fear": by African standards Nigeria is a giant, and the media keeps focussing on violent events in Nigeria and it also keeps exagerating them. The white media doesn't like the black world and the blackest of all countries is Nigeria, so destroying our image is their aim. When a Nigerian in the diaspora does something great then his host nation would not mention that he is a Nigerian and would claim him as their own, but if a Nigerian in diaspora commits any crime then they will say he is a Nigerian, and they will even blame Nigeria for the crime.
The problem with Africa is that most Africans have no pride. They worship the white media.
Most Africans don't like the idea of an other African country getting greater and greater and able to rival with the west.
Many African nations don't like the fact that Nigeria is totally independent from western domination.
an other thing: Nigeria 175 million inhabitants.
Second most populated African nattion: 80 million people.
So Nigeria scares the hell out of them.
Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by akpomeme(m): 7:26am On Jun 18, 2013
patriot4: Define what you mean by "against".
And also why not ask all black people why the other races are "against" them.
Or the jews why most of the world are "against" them.
One of the answers to your ill articulated question would be "fear": by African standards Nigeria is a giant, and the media keeps focussing on violent events in Nigeria and it also keeps exagerating them. The white media doesn't like the black world and the blackest of all countries is Nigeria, so destroying our image is their aim. When a Nigerian in the diaspora does something great then his host nation would not mention that he is a Nigerian and would claim him as their own, but if a Nigerian in diaspora commits any crime then they will say he is a Nigerian, and they will even blame Nigeria for the crime.
The problem with Africa is that most Africans have no pride. They worship the white media.
Most Africans don't like the idea of an other African country getting greater and greater and able to rival with the west.
Many African nations don't like the fact that Nigeria is totally independent from western domination.
an other thing: Nigeria 175 million inhabitants.
Second most populated African nattion: 80 million people.
So Nigeria scares the hell out of them.

I partially agree and need to buttress further that we are the architect of our problems as regards to most African nations being against us. Our brothers in their countries don't behave well. They are mostly engaged in crime and activities that excites the spirit of resentment.
Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 18, 2013
akpomeme:

I partially agree and need to buttress further that we are the architect of our problems as regards to most African nations being against us. Our brothers in their countries don't behave well. They are mostly engaged in crime and activities that excites the spirit of resentment.
Look, if 15% of each county's diaspora population commits crime then what would that mean in a country like kenya: they will see only 2 cameroonians committing crimes while they will see 30 Nigerians committing crimes.
You see the fear generated by crime is equal to exp( number of criminals), so our size is the main factor here.
Re: Yvonne Ndege Of Al Jazeera Detained In Niger Republic In A Cash For News Scandal by akpomeme(m): 7:42am On Jun 18, 2013
patriot4: Look, if 15% of each county's diaspora population commits crime then what would that mean in a country like kenya: they will see only 2 cameroonians committing crimes while they will see 30 Nigerians committing crimes.
You see the fear generated by crime is equal to exp( number of criminals), so our size is the main factor here.

I agree again . We are all finding the root causes for reasons why the world hate us so much. That said, I am a proud NIgerian and don't really notice beef factors around the world.

(1) (2) (Reply)

World War 3 Is Now Inevitable - China / This Pictures Of Trump And His Daughter Ivanka Will Leave You Dumb Founded / World Cup Anthem Controversy:south Africans Unhappy About Selection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.