Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,233 members, 7,936,795 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 11:42 PM

Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun (5041 Views)

67 Lessons I Have Learned In Almost 3 Years Of Blogging. / Popular Ogbonge Blog Crisis: Lessons For Bloggers / Elvis Chidera - The 14-Year-Old Nigerian Programmer Is 100% Legit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by GraphicsPlus(m): 9:19pm On Jun 28, 2013
First, I knew from day one that the thread was a complete scam. But I deliberately left that area until I have strong evidence. I wanted to call a friend who lives in PH to do the investigation for me. By merely looking at his thread, any person that doesn't think out of emotions and sentiments will know that it was a scam. Scammers usually embellish their scam message with emotions and uses situations that call for emotional reaction. Like using a teenage age, an orphan and so on. I have learned a lesson never to view things out of sentiments. I must give a thumb up to Dual_Core. He was called upon by databoy247 probably to come and join him to crucify me, but this gentleman called Dual_Core proved himself that he doesn't follow popular opinion or elite opinion when they could be wrong. He stands today to be the only person that really unraveled this scam. Dual_Core found out through facebook that Elvis Chidera was born in 1992 (21 years), a student of Madonna University and the owner of xmx.me.

In his thread, Elvis said someone gave him his iphone to sell and use the money to buy a laptop. That someone, does he have two phones? Why didn't the person sell the phone himself but gave to a 14 year old boy to go sell an iphone? He went to charge the phone at a phone charging center. Wasn't the phone charged in the first place by the person that gave him the phone? Then the phone was stolen where he went to charge it. Was he not there to look after his phone? If he was not there, didnt he hand-over the phone to the phone charger operator? These were questions in my mind.

When I asked him series of questions about his parents, pastor and principal, he said his parents are problem. How are they a problem? He said he cannot have access to his pastor. Including the youth leader of the church? He said the principal will not buy the idea. Including the guidance and counselor? These questions were ringing in my mind.

Nigerians must start seeing the two sides of a coin in every issue. We must not be too sentimental. If a 14 year old boy knows java, php and j2me and yet his principal didn't know about it and says his parents are a problem, then there is a comma somewhere. If at 14 he knows this languages and he's schooling at a private school, then I think the principal will even be happy to take him to the commissioner of Education in Rivers State.

But alas, Elvis Chidera is a scammer. He overreached himself. He has a group. And one of them is Judinho59. This dubious plan came into their mind and they wanted to play it out and dupe unsuspecting and gullible NairaLanders.

Here is my suggestion to Seun and his team, any person that opens such thread in the furure should be banned immediately and his IP address be tracked down. If any person with geniune startup idea and wants assistance financially and materially, he should first contact Seun and after strong verification, the person will then be allowed to open a thread making such financial or material request.
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by kingthreat(m): 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2013
How can IP addresses be tracked down?
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by a1solution: 9:52pm On Jun 28, 2013
I did not even read half of the story before I knew its a complete scam cos u cannot have a fast thinking brain like that and cant convince people around you to get you a laptop or gather at least 50 of your age mate in is same school for a N1k seminar fee per participant to make money for the laptop. This kind of people make online biz difficult for genuine people in Nigeria. Seun cannot handle it the way u sugested the best he can do is to put it in front page (public view) for assesment.
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by startup: 10:18pm On Jun 28, 2013
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by startup: 10:22pm On Jun 28, 2013
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by redcliff: 10:27pm On Jun 28, 2013
[size=14pt]lol, immediately i saw that thread on front page, i immediately concluded it was feign and fictitious. The composure of that writeup was just to perfect for a 14yr old and i did not finish reading the story i posted a comment saying "this writeup sounds to perfect to have been written by a 14yr old.[/size]
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by startup: 10:28pm On Jun 28, 2013
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by GraphicsPlus(m): 10:29pm On Jun 28, 2013
Who is Elvis Chidera on facebook? He is a student of Madonna University. He was born in 1992. And he is the owner of
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by startup: 10:32pm On Jun 28, 2013
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by startup: 10:36pm On Jun 28, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Who is Elvis Chidera on facebook? He is a student of Madonna University. He was born in 1992. And he is the owner of
Please sir add him and you will see its me. I just had to use that age and that school to look big, some thing every kid of my age do. Please i beg of you again, add him and you will see its me. Its just me.
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by redcliff: 10:37pm On Jun 28, 2013
startup: i can send you a picture of my birth certificate. My full name is Elvis Chidera Nnajiofor. I prefer answering Elvis Chidera because its more mordern. Go through my threads and search for the number i post here as my number, its my mother's own (since i normally change sim card from time to time due to bad network her number was the best option). Please give her a call.
nah, i am not interested. I have bigger problems..like checking my facebook and emailbox.
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by Javanian: 10:38pm On Jun 28, 2013
tongue

Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by Slyr0x: 10:42pm On Jun 28, 2013
Alas, the Almighty Chief Judge of the Webmaster Section started this thread just before hitting the submit button.

Let me start by apologizing to ALL Nairaland stakeholders for pushing the thread to the homepage without due verification of the authenticity of Elvis Chidera's claims.

I solely accept responsibility for this grave mistake.

Henceforth, I will hereby go the extra mile before pushing such.

Thanks.
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by Javanian: 10:42pm On Jun 28, 2013
This guy is a scam go through his Facebook page, none of his friends are between age 14 to 16.

http://www.facebook.com/elvis.chidera
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by startup: 10:43pm On Jun 28, 2013
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by redcliff: 10:43pm On Jun 28, 2013
startup: Please sir add him and you will see its me. I just had to use that age and that school to look big, some thing every kid of my age do. Please i beg of you again, add him and you will see its me. Its just me.

[size=14pt]If you are for real, i think you should look for other legit means (which can never be exhausted) to achieve your dreams then when you are big, you can kick us all in our ar.ses for not believing you..[/size]
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by GraphicsPlus(m): 10:45pm On Jun 28, 2013
Birthday: August 23, 1992

Mobile Phones:
+234 816 123 8278
+234 803 508 1207

http://www.

First, when you opened a thread here asking us to buy your , you gave a reason of selling it. You said you dont want to manage it again. Now, you want a laptop to debug the app's bug.

Again, you said you were making 6k per month from it and you started it in October last year. 6k times 8 monthsis 48k. Where is the money you generated from the ad that cannot buy you a laptop. Again, at your age, if you still claim to be 14, then you still cannot do without your parents. Are they not the ones paying your school fees?
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by startup: 10:47pm On Jun 28, 2013
Javanian: This guy is a scam go through his Facebook page, none of his friends are between age 14 to 16.

http://www.facebook.com/elvis.chidera
check this out: http://m.facebook.com/100002153847352/timeline/story?ut=2&hash=5393611693414917708&wstart=0&wend=1372661999&ustart&refid=17
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by Javanian: 10:50pm On Jun 28, 2013
so? what does this proof? undecided

Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by Javanian: 10:52pm On Jun 28, 2013
@elvisTen10 post your house address here and i would pay you a visit, Its a walking distance from my house to Rumuodara.
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 28, 2013
Hahahahahaha, Judinho59 in group of what??

I haven't seen elvis physically, but known him for long online and i haven't thought of this..

You know what, just keep this going.. Wanna know how it ends..
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by startup: 10:56pm On Jun 28, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Birthday: August 23, 1992

Mobile Phones:
+234 816 123 8278
+234 803 508 1207

http://www.

First, when you opened a thread here asking us to buy your , you gave a reason of selling it. You said you dont want to manage it again. Now, you want a laptop to debug the app's bug.

Again, you said you were making 6k per month from it and you started it in October last year. 6k times 8 monthsis 48k. Where is the money you generated from the ad that cannot buy you a laptop. Again, at your age, if you still claim to be 14, then you still cannot do without your parents. Are they not the ones paying your school fees?
can u tell me the great difference between not been able to manage and not being able to maintain. I can't maintain the app due to hands been tied because i don't have a pc, isn't it the same as not been able to manage it ?. Please i don't run ad. I made upto 48k which i can give u screen shot from my bulk sms gateway transaction. Remember i buy sms unit, i pay for hosting, i call and sms customers, with other little charges. And i said in that other thread i make 2k -6k.
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by GraphicsPlus(m): 10:56pm On Jun 28, 2013
Javanian: @elvisTen10 post your house address here and i would pay you a visit, Its a walking distance from my house to Rumuodara.

Then you talk with his parents and also go to his school to see his teachers. The guy maybe a programmer, but not obedient to his parents.
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by Javanian: 10:59pm On Jun 28, 2013
@elvis i am still waiting, i stay near Bereton College besides Cadgiff, if you actually stay at Rumuodara, you should know how close i am to you
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by startup: 11:00pm On Jun 28, 2013
Javanian: so? what does this proof? undecided
it kills @graphicsplus point, that am not the owner of the facebook account. We will talk via email where we will meet tommorrow and when, atleast that will clear my name. U don't expect me to post my address online and i don't expect you to come to my house if you so desire.
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by Javanian: 11:01pm On Jun 28, 2013
startup: it kills @graphicsplus point, that am not the owner of the facebook account. We will talk via email where we will meet tommorrow and when, atleast that will clear my name. U don't expect me to post my address online and i don't expect you to come to my house if you so desire.

Dude! fucck out of here. You are a bloody scammer! Post your address Here!.
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by startup: 11:02pm On Jun 28, 2013
Javanian: @elvis i am still waiting, i stay near Bereton College besides Cadgiff, if you actually stay at Rumuodara, you should know how close i am to you
yes, thats very close to my house. Close to cheta. Infact 1st thing tommorrow morning, when will you be chanced ?
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by GraphicsPlus(m): 11:03pm On Jun 28, 2013
startup: it kills @graphicsplus point, that am not the owner of the facebook account. We will talk via email where we will meet tommorrow and when, atleast that will clear my name. U don't expect me to post my address online and i don't expect you to come to my house if you so desire.

Posting your address here does it has any security implication. And you said you dont expect him to your house. Here is my house address: 1, Church Road, Kendraya Terminal, New Delhi.
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by Javanian: 11:03pm On Jun 28, 2013
startup: yes, thats very close to my house. Close to cheta. Infact 1st thing tommorrow morning, when will you be chanced ?

Post your address here!
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by GraphicsPlus(m): 11:05pm On Jun 28, 2013
Post your address and after verification of all your claims, then count yourself lucky because you will get more than a laptop.
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by startup: 11:08pm On Jun 28, 2013
Re: Lessons I Learned From Elvis Scam Saga And My Suggestion To Seun by redcliff: 11:09pm On Jun 28, 2013
GraphicsPlus:

Posting your address here does it has any security implication. And you said you dont expect him to your house. Here is my house address: 1, Church Road, Kendraya Terminal, New Delhi.

[size=14pt]lolz. bros i get beef for you but you too far, if na naija i for arrange boiz make them come do you strong thing... grin grin grin[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Get your website/blog design done by one of Nigeria's best Design Agency / Will Changing My Niche Affect My Adsense Account? / Verve Cards To Be Accepted On Paypal || Paypal Partners With Firstbank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.