Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,528 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:13 PM

~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ (983827 Views)

Wedding Hairstyles Gallery For Natural Hair / Barber's Shop: The Gallery For Men Hairstyles / Clean Cut, Waves, Braids, Or Dreadlocks On Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 7:25am On Mar 16, 2009
~I Wudnt do the 2nd Pic even if they paid me to . . looks like a couple of snakes coiled on the head  cheesy Pic 1 seems like the type of braid that gives headaches or Botox-type-smile~ cheesy

I Need Pics Of Ghana Weaving Braids

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-54558.0.html

1 Share

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 7:41am On Mar 16, 2009
~This Pic I absolutely Love!

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by bunmii(f): 12:22pm On Mar 18, 2009
Love them all

I tried the first one . . . needless to say it was a disaster.
I used sensationnel premium now romance curls
The curls lasted a week even though i wrapped it up e.t.c

The second one (milky way spirall roll) is too much hard work, had to put in rollers in it to maintain the curls but very beautiful. I will definately recommend it

I tried the kinky braids last summer but the short length one, i am definately doing the long one this summer.
Poor kid all that hair on her small head

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 6:39pm On Mar 18, 2009
~The Kid w/Long Kinky looks nice,i see the Bob/Shoulder length kinky a lot more

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by peachie(f): 7:42pm On Apr 02, 2009
I loooooove this! grin

1 Like

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 1:23am On Apr 03, 2009
~NIce!~ It's good to know there could be variations to hairstyles like these . . .
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by tope2000(f): 1:23am On Apr 03, 2009
Im loving that india arie's hair . . . gawjuss kiss
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 8:02pm On May 14, 2009
~RIHANNA'S HAIR TRANSFORMATION

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 8:06pm On May 14, 2009
RIHANNA'S HAIR TRANSFORMATION

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 8:11pm On May 14, 2009

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 8:14pm On May 14, 2009

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 7:17pm On May 20, 2009
~

ASYMMETRIC ANGLES

Balance isn’t the key when it comes to the angles on these clever cuts! Count on asymmetric angles to add an unexpected edge to a familiar silhouette

Pic 1:ANGLED FRINGE

Look at bangs from a different angle! Here, a curved fringe starts about one inch above the brow before tapering off to blend with face-framing layers.

Get the look: Layers are key to this look, as is a ceramic flat iron to help smooth and straighten lengths. Flip up edges slightly up front for movement then use shine spray to finish the look.

Hint: Don’t apply too much oil, as this will weigh down lengths and take away from the voluminous silhouette.

Pic 2: LONG & SHORT

Love the look of a short cut but adore longer hair’s versatility? You can enjoy both style moves with this one clever silhouette!

Get the look: Keep the crown layered to blend with sideswept bangs and ear-length pieces at the sides. Use a large curling iron to curve layers under. Contrast the “short” part of this silhouette with ultra-long lengths through the back. To finish, flat iron lengths to silky perfection.

Pic 3: NEW PROPORTIONS

Modernize the famous “swoop” bang by wearing it on a choppy cut.

Get the look: This cut features tapering through the back and on one side while the opposite side is left long to hug the contours of the face. Style it sleek with a flat iron then use the same iron to give longer lengths up front a flirty flip

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 7:25pm On May 20, 2009
Two-toned Layered Look

Flowing stands of caramel sit a top a bold chocolate base:

The long weave is razor-cut with a focus on the choppy bangs. A large flat iron is used to smooth the top section of hair while a large curling iron fashions the touchable ringlets. A touch of oil sheen adds shine to this sultry silhouette. Sleep in a satin bonnet to help prevent tangling—and keep the extensions looking divine

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by slimfine(f): 6:40am On Jun 13, 2009
@mohawkchic: who are you girl, a fashion icon or something? kiss men, you got thinking of doing many many things with my thick nappy strong hair! thanks for all the da tips
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by follypimpi(m): 5:22pm On Jun 13, 2009
@Mohawk

I dey fite u ooo,U didnt upload any pics for the dudes in braids,am looking for some sick ass hair style to do.
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 1:31am On Jun 16, 2009
slimfine:

@mohawkchic: who are you girl, a fashion icon or something? kiss men, you got thinking of doing many many things with my thick nappy strong hair! thanks for all the da tips

~ grin Am just a Self-confessed Savvy Fashion Buff!

~My Pleasure Slimefine kiss Glad You found the thread helpful wink
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 1:34am On Jun 16, 2009
follypimpi:

@Mohawk

I dey fite u ooo,U didnt upload any pics for the dudes in braids,am looking for some sick ass hair style to do.

~Abeg cheesy No woories,i'll browse & Post Pics. . .As Soon As!
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by iice(f): 4:31am On Jun 16, 2009
don't really like the two toned look undecided

I'm thinking of getting bangs though. . .long asymmetrical ones, ok i had something like that but i want heavy bangs undecided
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 5:41pm On Jun 18, 2009
~What i'd defo love to try among all the other Styles am yet to experiment with,is the "Mushroom Fringe" i'd prolly have to weave in extension to achieve the look. . . .

~I feel very much drawn to everything 60's inspired lately . . .I'd love to try Pic 1 ~Pic 2

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by Nobody: 12:56am On Jun 19, 2009
Loffing the coils on page one.

Carrie Underwod looks better in coils
www.nairaland.com/attachments/113781_Vivica20A_20Fox_jpgdb518d796a03e57288ec149d3ae4167d kiss kiss
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 1:24am On Jun 20, 2009
~Chrisette Rocks this haircut!!

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by iice(f): 9:21am On Jun 20, 2009
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 11:06pm On Jun 20, 2009
~Love The Flick,use to do it when I had the Mohawk. . .

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by SeanT21(f): 3:43am On Jun 22, 2009
This is gonna be my hairstyle next year!! Cant wait!!

1 Like

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by iice(f): 8:35am On Jun 22, 2009
embarassed embarassed I so wanna do that style but i don't wanna chop off my locks yet cheesy
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 1:33am On Jun 25, 2009
~The Hottest hair Colours For 2009: A New Hue

Finding The Right Colour

“Staying within two levels of your natural color is a safe bet, so if you are naturally dark brown, the lightest that you should go is light brown and the darkest you should go is soft black or natural black. Going further than that increases the level of maintenance needed for upkeep and may not be flattering next to your skin,” says Norma Dacres, director of the L’Oreal USA New York Technical Center, on how to pick the right hair color for your skin tone and complexion.

Blue Streak

“If you like to keep up with hair color trends, remember, the flashier the trend the more maintenance it will need. Be sure to keep your hair in good condition by using EverPure Sulfate-Free Masques, especially moisturizing and smoothing, or anything that is designed for color or chemically-treated hair so that your hair is strong enough to keep up with the changes and has good shine and integrity,” says Dacres.

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 1:45am On Jun 25, 2009
~The Hottest Summer Colours: A New Hue~

Color Baby Steps

If you prefer a more subtle approach to red, go for a wash of semipermanent color on a small section of the hair like the model on "Spike-Of-Colour" pic 1

Mane Attraction

One of top color-treated specific products is Ted Gibson Clarity Color Shampoo and Conditioner, $26 each,
sephora.com which helps keep strands strong and color vibrant.

Hue Better Play It Safe

Deep-conditioning treatments should be done a week prior to coloring. Why? Pigment is unstable for the first 12 to 24 hours. A heavy treatment can rinse color out faster.

Get It Right

Color-specific products are always a good bet for color-treated hair. Try using Redken Color Extend Conditioner, $14, redken.com for salons, to maintain your vibrant hue.

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 1:59am On Jun 25, 2009
~The Hottest Summer Colours: A New Hue ~

Pump up your blonde shade by using chamomile tea. “Steep tea to a dark tone, cool then apply to washed hair. Leave on five to ten minutes, apply conditioner and rinse,” says Pelusi.

Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by iice(f): 2:02am On Jun 25, 2009
Love MJB's bob kiss
I've done a brighter red than the first pic grin
I've also done something close to MJB's hair though no platinum streaks
Now i'm going for midnight blue and purple cheesy
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:05am On Jun 25, 2009
~Oh Wow! You've done your fair share of colour experimenting!! Never done Purple ~Blue or Fiery Red . . Tell You what! I am SoOoo Loving that Fiery Red Colour!
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by iice(f): 2:14am On Jun 25, 2009
LOL yes i have. I love the fiery red to, i tend to do that color a lot thou undecided

So does it make you want to grow out your hair and dye it? grin
Re: ~ The Hair Gallery For Short,Natural,Weave Or Braids ~ by mohawkchic(f): 2:32am On Jun 25, 2009
~You bet it does!!Not sure how it will look w/ short-medium hair tho undecided

~Anywho am getting there. . growing my hair that is!! Been saying for ages i need to let my hair grow,I finally willed myself to stay away from em dam clippers!!. . First on my List of hairstyles is this faux-hawk hairstyle shown on RiRi. . i wont be shaving off the sides like i did the Mohawk so it wont be one distinct look,i cud play w/ it/style it different!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reviews Of The Best Skin Lightening Products You Have Ever Used.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.