Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:28 PM

Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? (165308 Views)

Africanism Today ( An Event Celebrating Africa & Natural Hair Meetup) / Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? / Why Is There So Much Hatred For Other Tribes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by TerryCarr(m): 8:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
KidStranglehold:

I hope you're not indicating that I'm an "Afrocentric". Because its was Northern Sudanese themselves online who told me that most Sudanese people are black. Most the people in your post besides the first pic would be labeled "black" by Western standards, just saying. I'm not saying Sudanese people SHOULD go by Western standards. Also "Afrocentric" is a general term, I have met "Afrocentrics" who have tried to say Sudanese people are mixed breeds or "Arabs", and those are just people who have been mislead by the Western media to think its Arabs vs Blacks, when its much more complicated than that, when the President of Sudan says this:

http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/World_News_3/Sudanese_president_answers_questions_on_Darfur_3474.shtml

As we the situation is much more complex than Arab vs Black, those "Afrocentrics" you speak of are just mislead by the Western media.
it's clear the the "Arab" government favors Arab/Muslim culture over the "black" African cultures in Sudan. even if they are Muslim they still are not arabized
https://www.nairaland.com/1862144/arabization-sudan

and "God" help you if your the naked tribes in nuba & blue nile for clear reasons

https://www.nairaland.com/1791741/nuba-peoples-north-sudan-warning
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 14, 2015
TerryCarr:

it's clear the the "Arab" government favors Arab/Muslim culture over the "black" African cultures in Sudan. even if they are Muslim they still are not arabized
https://www.nairaland.com/1862144/arabization-sudan

and "God" help you if your the naked tribes in nuba & blue nile for clear reasons

https://www.nairaland.com/1791741/nuba-peoples-north-sudan-warning

Agreed.

IMO Dominicans are the new world versions of Sudanese people.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by macof(m): 9:00pm On Jan 14, 2015
Rafikizolo:
Hi friends, I have lurked on this site for a long time but decided to create an account today after some recent disturbing and disheartening posts I've seen in the culture section these past few weeks (not going to name people or even the threads I am referring to).
I am a Kenyan-American (dual citizenship) who has lived in South Africa and the United States and visits Kenya regularly. Admittedly, in all these countries, all of the Africans I associate with are fairly progressive so maybe I have a few misconceptions about the things I'm about to discuss here.

In all my time, I've never seen so much illegitimate and unprovoked childishness and hatred from people as I have on this forum with the exception of radical white nationalist groups like the KKK and Stormfront, etc. I'm being very serious right now. People on this forum are better at spitting hatred towards black people than some white neo-nazis, and WE ARE BLACK.

I'm not saying everyone on this forum is like this of course, but why are there so many people who are? Why attack South Africans/Kenyans and tear-down their looks and cultures because you're Nigerian and feel that you are superior? Why dehumanize "bantus" because you are Somali and feel that you're different and more culturally/genetically advanced? None of it makes sense, and one offense is not better than the other. Why must posts that are dedicated to praising our beautiful African women always devolve into tribalistic nonsense?

I'm only 20 years old, but in my opinion, no functioning adult should even be involved in a debate about which country has the most beautiful women... everybody knows they've seen both ugly women and pretty women everywhere they go, and it doesn't matter what you think anyway. Right now there is a white guy somewhere who only finds Swiss women attractive and will swear on his life that they are the most beautiful people in the world, but obviously everyone here would probably disagree with him. Nobody here who thinks, Nigerian/Ghanian/Angolan/Somali/Kenyan/Tanzanian/etc women are the most beautiful are any more correct than that white man.

All of these unnecessary divisions are foolish in my opinion. National identities are created and destroyed constantly. 100 years ago, there was no Kenyan national identity, no Nigerian identity, no Malawian identity, there wasn't a Pakistani identity or a South Korean identity either. And 1000 years ago there wasn't even an overarching black identity in Africa. All of these internet wars that are fought between nations are so arbitrary. Right now countries like Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Burundi are working towards a political and economic union to form a new country, while leaders of the African union are constantly working towards African unity and have spoken in favor of creating a unified African state. Why are people on here so backwards?

When I listen to Nigerian music or South African music I do not feel inferior or jealous or unworthy. I feels so proud. I feel proud of all African achievements. Yet some people on here have written posts claiming that Nigeria is the best country because it has the best music and everyone else is jealous and it has the biggest economy and is therefore untouchable and all other African countries are sub-par and nobody can match Nigeria's excellence etc, etc. By that "logic", the United States is undeniably the best country in the entire world and every African country can suck it (including Nigeria) because the United States has the most popular musicians in the world (and that's not changing any time soon) and has the world's largest economy (Nigeria isn't even in the top 25 largest world economies).

So please, can we move on from this childishness? As Kenyan, i see all African people as my brothers (even Cushites, idk what Axum says) and I know literally dozens, perhaps hundreds of people who see things the same way. So why so much foolishness here? We are all family. One Africa, One Fate.
Beautiful...but
Do you also see Arab Africans as your brothers?
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by tpiah11: 9:11pm On Jan 14, 2015
Rafikizolo:

3. Yes, the majority of the population of Mauritius is of Indian descent (68%) but this isn't about race. I for one have met several people from Mauritius who were all Indian and I got along well with them and consider them good acquaintances and loved their company. What I also found was that while they considered themselves to be culturally Indian (in the same way, Africans in America consider themselves to be culturally Somali, or Nigerian or Congolese, etc) these friends from Mauritius still considered Africa to be their home. They had lived there their whole lives. This is the same thing I hear from Indians all over Africa, and I've met many from Botswana, South Africa, and Madagascar as well as Mauritius.

You didnt mention kenya, any particular reason for that? Just wondering.

in addition, equatorial guinea is an african country, not a hispanic one. You have to be descended from south or central america to be considered hispanic, not so? Speaking the language alone doesnt make someone hispanic, to the best of my knowledge.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by TerryCarr(m): 9:17pm On Jan 14, 2015
KidStranglehold:

Agreed.

IMO Dominicans are the new world versions of Sudanese people.
i think the Dominicans are ten times better then NS. the native blacks in dr are not being bombed and some people of mostly african genes became miss DR

[img]http://1.bp..com/-Ix1rKGUtx9Y/UnriBVjq-gI/AAAAAAABSXg/dnCPtdv_AD8/s1600/D+-+Yaritza+Reyes.jpg[/img]

if a person of prominently "black" features becomes miss sudan they would trip balls grin ababda might think im BSing but miss Egypt got controversy (part of it was because of her being born in the U.S. and the other is the way she looks) for looking like an Egyptian tongue

http://scoopempire.com/sarah-fasha-miss-egypt-2013-revolutionary-beauty-queen/

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 14, 2015
Miss DR!!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue cool

Miss Egypt too...
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Rafikizolo: 9:37pm On Jan 14, 2015
tpiah11:

You didnt mention kenya, any particular reason for that? Just wondering.

in addition, equatorial guinea is an african country, not a hispanic one. You have to be descended from south or central america to be considered hispanic, not so? Speaking the language alone doesnt make someone hispanic, to the best of my knowledge.

No, you are Hispanic if you are from a Spanish speaking country (official language), thus you can be a Hispanic from Spain, or a Hispanic from Argentina or a Hispanic from Mexico or a Hispanic form Equatorial Guinea. Look it up if you don't believe me.

However, Latino/Latina identity is different because it is reference anyone from a Latin American country. Thus, in this case, people from Spain would not be considered Latino.

There is no reason I didn't mention Kenya, I know several Indians from Kenya/Uganda who consider Africa their first home. I was just listing countries where I have the closest Indian friends/acquaintances.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by tpiah11: 10:10pm On Jan 14, 2015
Yes, I meant Latino which is the general term used to refer to Hispanics, people consider the two interchangeable and specific to Central and Southern America.

Spanish speaking African countries would have "Spanish" as a prefix, not necessarily the blanket term Hispanic.

Technically, going by your definition, parts of Morocco would also be considered Hispanic instead of North African.

If, however, some sub saharan African people want to be known by the term Hispanic because of the new US immigration laws, then ignore my last two posts, they have nothing to do with the matter.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Rafikizolo: 12:58am On Jan 15, 2015
tpiah11:
Yes, I meant Latino which is the general term used to refer to Hispanics, people consider the two interchangeable and specific to Central and Southern America.

Spanish speaking African countries would have "Spanish" as a prefix, not necessarily the blanket term Hispanic.

Technically, going by your definition, parts of Morocco would also be considered Hispanic instead of North African.

If, however, some sub saharan African people want to be known by the term Hispanic because of the new US immigration laws, then ignore my last two posts, they have nothing to do with the matter.

You know that there are actual definitions for the terms Hispanic and Latino/Latina, right?

The definition of a hispanic person is someone from a Spanish speaking country or someone with a heritage from a Spanish speaking country. However, different countries have their own terms and definitions for different things. You're correct to say that in the United States, a hispanic is typically considered someone of central/south American descent, however in the broader international context (even in the pan-hispanic community), a hispanic person is simply someone from a Spanish-speaking nation.

It's like how in the United States, a colored person or a person of color is a general umbrella term for someone who is not white. Meanwhile in South Africa a coloured person is someone of mixed ethnicity.

Also, no by my logic parts of Morrocco would not be considered hispanic. Spanish has to be the nation's official language for that to be the case. That is why Morrocco is considered an Arab nation and part of the Arab world (which is traditionally considered to be the 22 countries in the Arab league which all speak Arabic as their official language).

I don't know where you got the idea that Spanish speaking countries would have the "spanish prefix". I can't think of any nations with prefixes like that. The only place I know of significance with something like that is French Guiana in South America, but French Guiana is not a sovereign nation, it is an overseas part of France, just like how Puerto Rico is a part of the United States. So why would an independent state in Afica have Spanish as a prefix, when no Latin American countries have that? By your logic Africa would be full of countries like "French Senegal" and "British Tanzania" and "Portuguese Mozambique".

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 1:29am On Jan 15, 2015
Rafikizolo:

No, you are Hispanic if you are from a Spanish speaking country (official language), thus you can be a Hispanic from Spain, or a Hispanic from Argentina or a Hispanic from Mexico or a Hispanic form Equatorial Guinea. Look it up if you don't believe me.

However, Latino/Latina identity is different because it is reference anyone from a Latin American country. Thus, in this case, people from Spain would not be considered Latino.

There is no reason I didn't mention Kenya, I know several Indians from Kenya/Uganda who consider Africa their first home. I was just listing countries where I have the closest Indian friends/acquaintances.

WRONG. You can only be considered Hispanic if you are from Spanish speaking country in Latin America. Otherwise people from Spain would be considered Hispanic too.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hispanic
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Hispanic

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Rafikizolo: 1:48am On Jan 15, 2015
KidStranglehold:

WRONG. You can only be considered Hispanic if you are from Spanish speaking country in Latin America. Otherwise people from Spain would be considered Hispanic too.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hispanic
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Hispanic

WRONG

Some of you people on this forum amaze me sometimes...
People from Spain are considered Hispanic....You didn't even read the whole definition.. Here's what the second link you posted had to say...

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 1:57am On Jan 15, 2015
Rafikizolo:

WRONG

Some of you people on this forum amaze me sometimes...
People from Spain are considered Hispanic....You didn't even read the whole definition.. Here's what the second link you posted had to say...

Read the things you post:
"Hispanic, from the Latin word for "Spain," has the broader reference, potentially encompassing all Spanish-speaking peoples in both hemispheres and emphasizing the common denominator of language among communities that might sometimes seem to have little else in common. Latino—which in Spanish means "Latin" but which as an English word is probably a shortening of the Spanish word latinoamericano—refers more exclusively to persons or communities of Latin American origin."

The English version of "Hispanic" is now the more commonly used version and neither the Spanish or people from Equatorial Guinea are considered Hispanic. So again wrong.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Rafikizolo: 2:10am On Jan 15, 2015
KidStranglehold:

Read the things you post:
"Hispanic, from the Latin word for "Spain," has the broader reference, potentially encompassing all Spanish-speaking peoples in both hemispheres and emphasizing the common denominator of language among communities that might sometimes seem to have little else in common. Latino—which in Spanish means "Latin" but which as an English word is probably a shortening of the Spanish word latinoamericanorefers more exclusively to persons or communities of Latin American origin."

The English version of "Hispanic" is now the more commonly used version and neither the Spanish or people from Equatorial Guinea are considered Hispanic. So again wrong.

That said latin is exclusively for people of latin american descent, but Hispanic is for all spanish speakers around the world.

What the United States considers certain words does not matter. Different countries have different contexts for different words. WHy are we operating in the American context by default? In America colored people/ people of color are just non-white people. However, in South Africa coloured people are ethnically mixed people. Also in America, Obama can be considered black, in the same way a lot of half-black people are simply seen as black. Look up dozens of famous actors and actresses who fit this categorization. So if a half-black/half-white South African considers himself colored and not just black, would you argue with him just because in America things are viewed differently than in his home country?

If you look, I never said Equatorial Guinea was latin. I said it was Hispanic, and the link you provided backs that statement up
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 2:16am On Jan 15, 2015
Rafikizolo:

That said latin is exclusively for people of latin american descent, but Hispanic is for all spanish speakers around the world. What the United States considers certain words does not matter. In America colored people/ people of color are just non-white people. However, in South Africa coloured people are ethnically mixed people.

If you look, I never said Equatorial Guinea was latin. I said it was Hispanic, and the link you provided backs that statement up

Read the quote again, because I don't think you're understing. Its saying the English version of "Hispanic" refers to those exclusivity from Latin America. " but which as an English word is probably a shortening of the Spanish word latinoamericano—refers more exclusively to persons or communities of Latin American origin."

The English version in which we mostly use today. And America is not the only one that goes by that definition.

If people from EG are truly Hispanic, mind posting me a source that says so? Because I have no read/seen anything. At best I only seen EG be labeled under Spanish speaking countries, but the people not Hispanic.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Rafikizolo: 2:26am On Jan 15, 2015
KidStranglehold:

Read the quote again, because I don't think you're understing. Its saying the English version of "Hispanic" refers to those exclusivity from Latin America. " but which as an English word is probably a shortening of the Spanish word latinoamericano—refers more exclusively to persons or communities of Latin American origin."

The English version in which we mostly use today. And America is not the only one that goes by that definition.

If people from EG are truly Hispanic, mind posting me a source that says so? Because I have no read/seen anything. At best I only seen EG be labeled under Spanish speaking countries, but the people not Hispanic.

You read the quote again... At the very beginning of the screenshot it says that "Though often used interchangeably in American English, Hispanic and Latino ARE NOT IDENTICAL TERMS.

It defines Hispanic at the top. Which is just as I described it. It says that is derived from the latin word for Spain and broadly encompasses all Spanish speaking peoples in all hemispheres who may have little else in common. That is the last thing it says about the term HISPANIC

Then it moves on to the term "latino" and then says that in Spanish Latino means latin, but in English it's usually reference to anyone from Latin America.

The problem I'm having with you is that you seem to be using Latino, and Hispanic interchangeably, which the VERY FIRST LINE told you not to do. Show me a direct line where it says Hispanics can only be in South/Central America. And I want the word "Hispanic" to be there. Not "Latino", "Hispanic"
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 2:37am On Jan 15, 2015
Now I see the mistake I made, thanks. But I still have not heard anywhere where the people of EG are described as Hispanic. Unless you can point me to a source.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Rafikizolo: 2:56am On Jan 15, 2015
KidStranglehold:
Now I see the mistake I made, thanks. But I still have not heard anywhere where the people of EG are described as Hispanic. Unless you can point me to a source.

It's kind of a difficult thing to research because it's not a geographic identity like "African" or "Asian", but rather a cultural identity like "Western". A person of any race/ethnicity can be Western they just have to live in a Western country. The same goes for hispanic. So in short, you will find many texts and organizations that refer to Equatorial Guinea as hispanic, and you will find some that do not.

Here's a reference that considers it hispanic as well as a screenshot from it's Wikipedia page citing that it was a part of the Hispanic-African cultural congress. I'll also include a Youtube link to see an Equatorial Guinean ambassador claiming that Guineans take pride in SPanish as their language and it will always remain their official language.

http://lrc.salemstate.edu/hispanics/hispanicworld.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk0AjyiE4tU

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by tpiah11: 5:13am On Jan 15, 2015
Hispanic as a term defining race, applies only to people of direct central or southern American descent. They can be classified as Hispanic even if they dont speak Spanish, as long as they're ancestrally related to peoples from those areas.

This is what is considered the modern definition of Hispanic, or Latino.

Black Africans fall under the classification of negroid racial groups, and this applies despite the diverse phenotypes, languages, cultures, etc.

People from the main peninsula of Spain, are more correctly called Spaniards since they are generally not mixed with Latin America and are natives of Europe.

Equatorial Guinea actually has three official languages: French, Spanish and Portuguese.

I don't know where you got the idea that Spanish speaking countries would have the "spanish prefix". I can't think of any nations with prefixes like that. The only place I know of significance with something like that is French Guiana in South America, but French Guiana is not a sovereign nation, it is an overseas part of France, just like how Puerto Rico is a part of the United States. So why would an independent state in Afica have Spanish as a prefix, when no Latin American countries have that? By your logic Africa would be full of countries like "French Senegal" and "British Tanzania" and "Portuguese Mozambique".

they had such prefixes pre-independence. EQ was Spanish Guinea, part of Morocco was Spanish Morocco, etc.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by tpiah11: 5:22am On Jan 15, 2015
A person of any race/ethnicity can be Western they just have to live in a Western country. The same goes for hispanic.

not quite technically correct.

Being western is relative to the person defining the term.

Here's a reference that considers it hispanic as well as a screenshot from it's Wikipedia page citing that it was a part of the Hispanic-African cultural congress.

the lady and members of the congress might have actual hispanic ancestry.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Rafikizolo: 5:25am On Jan 15, 2015
tpiah11:
Hispanic as a term defining race, applies only to people of direct central or southern American descent. They can be classified as Hispanic even if they dont speak Spanish, as long as they're ancestrally related to peoples from those areas.

This is what is considered the modern definition of Hispanic, or Latino.

Black Africans fall under the classification of negroid racial groups, and this applies despite the diverse phenotypes, languages, cultures, etc.

People from the main peninsula of Spain, are more correctly called Spaniards since they are generally not mixed with Latin America and are natives of Europe.

Equatorial Guinea actually has three official languages: French, Spanish and Portuguese.

they had such prefixes pre-independence. EQ was Spanish Guinea, part of Morocco was Spanish Morocco, etc.

Everybody and their mom knows that Hispanic is not a racial category. It's an ethnic category. A Hispanic can be of Chinese descent, or European Descent or Native American Descent or African descent. As an example, Cameron Diaz is about as white as any white American, but she is hispanic. However, there are many Dominacans who are as black as anyone in Africa, yet they are also Hispanic. Nobody considers Hispanic a race. It's an ethnicity that transcends race. Thus you can be a negroid and be Hispanic at the same time, and be Caucasian and be hispanic and be Mongoloid and Hispanic at the same time.

You are right that Equatorial Guinea has 3 official language, but did you know that Spanish is not only one of their official languages, but is also the country's ONLY national language?
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by tpiah11: 6:00am On Jan 15, 2015
^Hispanics are primarily mixed race, meaning their ancestors are mixed [not necessarily with black].

Cameron Diaz is about as white as any white American, but she is hispanic.

through her father. Her mum is of German and British ancestry.[wiki].

However, there are many Dominacans who are as black as anyone in Africa, yet they are also Hispanic

being dark skinned does not necessarily mean someone is not mixed.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by axum: 6:01am On Jan 15, 2015
iamord:
Africa is so drifting away from pan africanism.. The more we do.. The more we see ourselves through tribal, religious,and territorial lines

Amen, Pan Africanism (aka Bantu expansion) must be stopped and halted and tested for HIV. cheesy
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by axum: 6:02am On Jan 15, 2015
tpiah11:
^Hispanics are primarily mixed race, meaning their ancestors are mixed [not necessarily with black].

Hispanic is a Culture. Ironically even the mixed hispanics of African heritage deny being Negro, which shows how much everyone hates Negros
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by TerryCarr(m): 6:05am On Jan 15, 2015
most people in EG speak Spain Spanish since it's not their native language.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Maakhir(m): 6:06am On Jan 15, 2015
axum:

Amen, Pan Africanism (aka Bantu expansion) must be stopped and halted and tested for HIV. cheesy

Stopped and halted mean the same thing undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by TerryCarr(m): 6:07am On Jan 15, 2015
axum:

Hispanic is a Culture. Ironically even the mixed hispanics of African heritage deny being Negro, which shows how much everyone hates Negros
but they love "our" music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOgKTi8Nshk
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by tpiah11: 6:14am On Jan 15, 2015
axum:

they are mixed, and blacks are looked down on in their culture, hence the situation which btw is a question of perspective as per your comment.

you're overly melodramatic.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Rafikizolo: 6:16am On Jan 15, 2015
tpiah11:

through her father. Her mum is of German and British ancestry.[wiki].

being dark skinned does not necessarily mean someone is not mixed.

I dont care if hispanics are primarily mixed race. I have a friend who's family is from Peru (both parents) and he's 100% European his grandparents are racist as hell and dont believe in race mixing and his first ancestor to arrive in Peru arrived only 88 years ago from Spain. But he's still Hispanic. Hispanic is a culture, not a race. And I know being dark skinned does not mean you're not mixed, but even if there is one person in the Dominican Republic who is not mixed at all, then that proves my point. All it takes is ONE non-mixed person to prove my point about Hispanics. How uneducated are you?
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by axum: 6:17am On Jan 15, 2015
Miss Somalia

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by axum: 6:18am On Jan 15, 2015
tpiah11:

they are mixed, and blacks are looked down on in their culture, hence the situation which btw is a question of perspective as per your comment.

you're overly melodramatic.

You mean mixed Hispanics look down on Blacks. I see so many Black men running after anything with nice hair, and the black women are jealous too.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by axum: 6:23am On Jan 15, 2015
Maakhir:

Stopped and halted mean the same thing undecided

i say it for emphasis because I like to emphasis
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by tpiah11: 6:23am On Jan 15, 2015
^you're overly melodramatic, like i said.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (63) (Reply)

Yorubas, Please Help Me Translate These Words. / Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.