Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,319 members, 7,780,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:12 PM

Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out (41384 Views)

Injustice At Workplace; Should I Resign Or Hang On? / Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! / Osun Lawyers In Suit Cutting Grasses (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Hidentity(m): 10:10pm On Nov 13, 2017
Hi, Lawyers.

I created this group to serve as an avenue for young lawyers to meet, share ideas and learn. Also, it can afford corps members who are lawyers, law students at the university and law school students the opportunity for internship and externship in law firms of members here. It may also help lawyers going through the glitches of unemployment, underemployment and less encouraging careers to talk to colleagues who may inspire them with experience, notify them of vacancies, help them proffer answers to the pressing needs of clients and help with securing jobs (if possible) in their firms.

There is also room for lawyers in the same region, city or town to meet up for professional purposes, friendship, personal reasons or any other lawful dealings of their choice. Non-lawyers may also make use of this opportunity to contact lawyers and discuss their various legal dilemmas either pro-bono or as may be agreed by parties.

Experiences as per demands of legal practice, job search, Court room experience, office situations can also be shared to serve as points of information for other lawyers and aspiring lawyers.

NOTE: This post and subsequent ones do not amount to a promise of job for anyone. It is only an attempt to bring lawyers together, make friends and lend helping hands to fellow lawyers. No one should part with any money or gift on the ground of promise of job. Individuals are also advised against meeting people not well known to them in private places.

Let us start.

I am a legal practitioner.
Year at the Bar: 4 years
Areas of practice: Dispute resolution (Litigation and Arbitration), Oil and Gas law, Election matters, Intellectual Property and Maritime law.
Areas of further interest: Space law, Medical law, Project finance and Taxation
City/Place of practice: Abuja.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Hidentity(m): 11:55am On Dec 07, 2017
As received (not confirmed)

Udo Udoma Bello-Osagie has slots for 6 MALE fresh law school students. This is in a bid to balance the gender quota as they have more female workers.

If you’re interested, please send your CV to recruitment@uubo.org and CC Queenie.orji@uubo.org as well.

5 Likes

Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by LegitBoy(m): 12:06pm On Dec 08, 2017
Kudos for this innovation sir, i'm very sure we the young ones can learn enormously from you and co senior colleagues on here. I hope to contribute my quota to keep this page going where so required.

I'm a student at the Nigerian law school, Bwari-Abuja.

Areas of interests: Intellectual property rights, Election petitions matters, Dispute resolution (Especially ADR) and i have a keen interest for public interest practice.

I'm following the page keenly.

5 Likes

Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Promxy94(m): 8:39pm On Dec 08, 2017
Not just happy, haven't been admitted into the Nigerian law school,now all my hopes of being called to bar next year seems not possible, but I won't give up until the last minute...
Well my area of specialization or interest is, Business law,and criminal litigation

4 Likes

Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by LegitBoy(m): 7:34pm On Dec 09, 2017
Promxy94:
Not just happy, haven't been admitted into the Nigerian law school,now all my hopes of being called to bar next year seems not possible, but I won't give up until the last minute...
Well my area of specialization or interest is, Business law,and criminal litigation
Sorry to about your situation but what happened really? Is is school accrediatation?

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Promxy94(m): 7:42pm On Dec 09, 2017
LegitBoy:
Sorry to about your situation but what happened really? Is is school accrediatation?
school quota system

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by zamanii: 1:48pm On Dec 11, 2017
Hidentity:
As received (not confirmed)

Udo Udoma Bello-Osagie has slots for 6 MALE fresh law school students. This is in a bid to balance the gender quota as they have more female workers.

If you’re interested, please send your CV to recruitment@uubo.org and CC Queenie.orji@uubo.org as well.

This is a good one bro. I'm a law school student at the Lagos campus, looking forward to more lawyers making their contributions

4 Likes

Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by zamanii: 1:48pm On Dec 11, 2017
Promxy94:
school quota system
Uniabuja?

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by LegitBoy(m): 3:13pm On Dec 11, 2017
zamanii:

This is a good one bro. I'm a law school student at the Lagos campus, looking forward to more lawyers making their contributions
Nice meeting you on here bro....i'm a student at NLS, Bwari-Abuja.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Promxy94(m): 3:27pm On Dec 11, 2017
zamanii:

Uniabuja?
Nope I won't want to mention names here
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by wasak(m): 10:15pm On Dec 11, 2017
Hi all, I'm a graduate of law, currently serving in ilorin Kwara state although scheduled to pass out this month. I'll probably go back to Lagos or Abuja, for now, I haven't gotten a firm.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by zamanii: 11:00pm On Dec 11, 2017
LegitBoy:
Nice meeting you on here bro....i'm a student at NLS, Bwari-Abuja.

Cool bro. How's Abuja

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by zamanii: 11:00pm On Dec 11, 2017
Promxy94:
Nope I won't want to mention names here
Alright
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Hidentity(m): 11:09pm On Dec 31, 2017
Hello,

I wish everybody here a happy new year in advance. For law students who are interested in internship with top firms, corp members and lawyers seeking employment, I feel this is an opportunity as most law firms recruit when the year begins. Try out the following:

J.B Daudu and Co
Wole Olanipekun and Co
Olujimi and Akeredolu
Ahmed Raji and Co
Aelex
ACAS-Law (Adepetun, Caxton-Martins, Agbor and Segun)
Aina Blankson
Paul Usoro
Aluko and Oyebode
Simonscooper partners
Ajumogobia and Okeke
G. Elias and co
Udo Udoma and Bello Osagie
Odujurin and Adefulu
Abdulai, Taiwo and co
Templars
Akanbi and Wigwe
Banwo and Ighodalo
Ikeyi and Arifayan
Olaniwun Ajayi
Ricky Tarfa and Co
RotimI Williams and Co
Rotimi Jacob and co
Yusuf Ali and co
Blackfriars
Femi Okunnu and co
Femi Falana and Co
Punuka Attorneys and Solicitors
Afe Babalola and Co
Babalakin and Co.
Akinboro and Co
Esher and Makarios

All the best, friends.

7 Likes

Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Hidentity(m): 10:28am On Jan 04, 2018
VACANCY

Aluko and Oyebode is currently seeking to hire enthusiastic and exceptional individuals to fill the position of Associates within our Corporate & Commercial practice (Intellectual Property)
The successful candidates will report to Senior Associates and/or Partner(s) to deliver and drive operational excellence in the Firm and promote the growth of the brand.

Qualifications, experience and attributes

LLB(Hons) Law – Minimum of 2:1 from a reputable University
BL(Law School) – Minimum of 2:1
LLM - will be an added advantage but not compulsory.
Junior Lawyer: 3-5 Years
Senior Lawyer: 6-10 Years
Good knowledge of the financial services and Capital Markets industry
Strong stakeholder engagement and management
Excellent judgement, exceptional technical legal abilities, Analytical skills, intellectual ability and commercial acumen; capability to develop and articulate clear strategic options and plan effective implementation in the context of a high volume of work and in a situation calling for fast-paced decision making.

Interested candidates to send updated cv to careers@aluko-oyebode.com
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Hidentity(m): 10:32am On Jan 04, 2018
NEW LAW FIRM IN OSUN STATE RECRUITING

A new law firm in Osun State is looking to recruit young dynamic lawyers.

*Requirements*
1. Minimum of 2-2 in University and Law School (lower grades with demonstrable experience can apply)
2. NYSC discharge/exemption certificate
3. 1-5 years post qualification experience
4. Flair for litigation and good drafting skills
5. Management skills

Attractive salary, good work environment, accommodation and other benefits.

Send CV to adamilarebi2017@gmail.com on or before *17th January 2018*.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Treash(m): 12:19pm On Jan 04, 2018
Itz Treash in the houz. Am a legal practitioner of 3yrs, in Ogun state.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Hidentity(m): 10:09pm On Jan 04, 2018
Treash:
Itz Treash in the houz. Am a legal practitioner of 3yrs, in Ogun state.

Welcome, friend
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by noblealuu: 6:28pm On Jan 10, 2018
Hi
kindly assist a friend who just finished NYSC last December 2017 with links to apply for jobs as a Lawyer.

She's 28years.
Got a Second Class Upper
Experience :1 Year post Call to Bar(NYSC).

Thank you all.

Btw I'm not a Lawyer but I love lawyers cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by wasak(m): 6:36pm On Jan 10, 2018
noblealuu:

Hi
kindly assist a friend who just finished NYSC last December 2017 with links to apply for jobs as a Lawyer.

She's 28years.
Got a Second Class Upper

Thank you all.

It appears many law firms do not post the vacancies, most time one has to visit law firms and apply in person, or get someone to refer you.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by noblealuu: 6:43pm On Jan 10, 2018
wasak:

It appears many law firms do not post the vacancies, most time one has to visit law firms and apply in person, or get someone to refer you.

Oh thanks for the swift response.

She's in Port Harcourt where she rounded off her NYSC, not in Lagos at the moment. Her Uncle emphasis she secure a job before coming down to join him in Lagos.

Don't know how that is possible sef...

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by wasak(m): 7:22pm On Jan 10, 2018
noblealuu:

Oh thanks for the swift response.

She's in Port Harcourt where she rounded off her NYSC, not in Lagos at the moment. Her Uncle emphasis she secures a job before coming down to join him in Lagos.

Don't know how that is possible sef...
That is close to impossible honestly. But she should keep exploring her options.

3 Likes

Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by noblealuu: 9:35pm On Jan 10, 2018
wasak:

That is close to impossible honestly. But she should keep exploring her options.

No qualms though. Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Hidentity(m): 10:15pm On Jan 11, 2018
noblealuu:

Hi

She's 28years.
Got a Second Class Upper

Thank you all.

Wasak has properly addressed it. Most law firms will want you to reside within the jurisdiction of where you are seeking the job. Even law firms in the island may be reluctant to employ a person in the mainland due to the distance, traffic and likely emergency.

I am not making any promise, but you may send her Resume/CV to me. IF anything comes up, then fine. I am not in Lagos, but I will talk to colleagues in Lagos. I also hope that asides her 2:1, she can defend her grades and do well in job exams and interviews?

She should also google up names of law firms/top law firms in the area she wants to apply to, visit their websites and apply through their career links or career email addresses.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Hidentity(m): 10:24pm On Jan 11, 2018
wasak:

And also, most top law firms now do not recruit through the usual mode of taking in applications and all again. Most are based on recommendations.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by noblealuu: 4:35am On Jan 12, 2018
Hidentity:

Wasak has properly addressed it. Most law firms will want you to reside within the jurisdiction of where you are seeking the job. Even law firms in the island may be reluctant to employ a person in the mainland due to the distance, traffic and likely emergency.

I am not making any promise, but you may send her Resume/CV to me. IF anything comes up, then fine. I am not in Lagos, but I will talk to colleagues in Lagos. I also hope that asides her 2:1, she can defend her grades and do well in job exams and interviews?

She should also google up names of law firms/top law firms in the area she wants to apply to, visit their websites and apply through their career links or career email addresses.

Alright boss. I've sent you a pm.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by JOBSINNAIJA: 5:10am On Jan 12, 2018
Are you looking for the best candidates to fill your staffing need?
We know time is of essence, hence, you can post your job offer in less than 2 minutes.
No Sign up or Registration required
Find a worker for short term, casual gigs or Long Term
Post as many jobs and offers as you want for FREE forever. You will never be charged any fee.
Our Customer service is always readily available to answer your questions.
What are you waiting for?
https://www.jobsinnaija.com/post-a-job-2/

Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by wasak(m): 6:30am On Jan 12, 2018
Hidentity:

And also, most top law firms now do not recruit through the usual mode of taking in applications and all again. Most are based on recommendations.
Can I send you a pm?
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Hidentity(m): 7:45am On Jan 12, 2018
wasak:

Can I send you a pm?
Please, do.
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Hidentity(m): 7:47am On Jan 12, 2018
Lawyers seeking job can apply here too. They stated on their website that they are hiring. http://churchfields-solicitors.com/
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by wasak(m): 8:12am On Jan 12, 2018
Hidentity:

Please, do.
Sorry I'm no longer using the mail with which I registered. How else can I reach you?
Re: Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out by Hidentity(m): 8:27am On Jan 12, 2018
wasak:

Sorry I'm no longer using the mail with which I registered. How else can I reach you?

I'll send a mail

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigeria’s First Women In Various Professions / Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate / Photo: This Is The Bitter Truth About Work Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.