Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,700 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP (47770 Views)

Iyiola Omisore Surprises Ooni Of Ife With A Bulletproof Cadillac Escalade / OSUN RE-RUN;PDP In South West Kick, Alleges Compromised By The Security Agencies / Osun Re-run: What PDP Should Do – Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by afroniger: 7:53pm On Sep 24, 2018
ON SEPTEMBER 24, 20187:08 PMIN NEWS,

By Gbenga Olarinoye, Osogbo

Ahead of Thursday’s re-run election to conclude the governorship election in Osun State, both leaders of the All Progressives Congress APC and the People’s Democratic Party PDP are soliciting for the support of Senator Iyiola Omisore.

The Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki Monday met with Senator Iyiola Omisore at his country home in Ile-Ife in a closed-door meeting with Senator Omisore and some of the leaders of the Social Democratic Party, SDP.

Speaking with newsmen after a closed door meeting with Omisore, Dr. Saraki said he came to solicit for Omisore’s support over the re-run adding that they agreed in principle with Omisore’s conditions to get his support for the exercise.

According to him, Omisore was a major stakeholder in Osun and therefore central to peace, growth, development and good government in Osun.

His words: “we had a fruitful discussion with Senator Omisore. He used to be with us. And we believe he is helping us now. I am optimistic of a good outing for PDP.

“After meeting with him, I am more optimistic now that with his support, PDP will win. We are confident of a good outing. I am more confident now.

“I was hard on INEC because it declared Osun poll inconclusive after doing a good job. The issue of vote-buying was at the front burner, but that was reduced to the bearers minimum as against what we witnessed during Ekiti poll.

“At the end of the day, the poll was again declared inclusive. That like takes away all commendations that should have gone the way of INEC.”

Saraki however expressed optimism that the Peoples Democratic Party will win the election and Senator Ademola Adeleke declared winner of the election.

He said Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) failed to get his full commendations because Osun poll was declared inconclusive.

Speaking, Omisore said he would be willing to support any political party that would implement his agenda of good governance, payment of full salaries to workers and prompt payment of pensioners allowances. Omisore said: “I have given my programmes to both APC and PDP. My programme is like this; payment of salaries and pensions. Good governance is what is important to me.

“Anyone between the two that will do that will get my support. I am passionate about Osun and my interest is the welfare of the people of this state. I have told those sent to me. At the appropriate time, we will tell you where we are going.” Osun poll was declared inconclusive after elections were cancelled in 7 units in Ifon Orolu local government, Osogbo, Ife North and Ife South local government areas.

Omisore’s father, Oba David Omisore, is the ruler of Garage Olode, a town in Ife South, where election in two units were cancelled. Also, Omisore came third in the governorship poll, after garnering a total of 128, 049 votes and his support may determine the fate of the fate of PDP candidate, who is leading and the APC candidate, who is second in the poll.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/09/osun-re-run-omisore-lists-condition-for-apc-pdp/

3 Likes

Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by Racoon(m): 7:57pm On Sep 24, 2018
Guy is now the beautiful bride for both sides.Meanwhille Omisore have always been more of PDP than APC.

104 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by kayboy4y(m): 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2018
Open game

9 Likes

Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by seunmsg(m): 8:02pm On Sep 24, 2018
Omisore said: “I have given my programmes to both APC and PDP. “Anyone between the two that will do that will get my support..."

Simply put, Omisore is available to the highest bidder. Negotiations are still ongoing on all fronts and all options are on the table. No agreement reached yet with any party.

If I am Omisore though, I won't waste my time asking for any senatorial ticket or future appointments. I will simply ask for N2billion since the two parties are desperate for victory. N1.5billion cash upfront and N500million after the election. Tinubu can pay for APC while Saraki and Deji Adeleke can pay for PDP. grin tongue

205 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by chiefolododo(m): 8:06pm On Sep 24, 2018
omisore should be with ADELEKE. if you join yourself with that evil party, the people of osun will not forgive you

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by RockHard: 8:07pm On Sep 24, 2018
Sounds like he's being noncommittal to both parties. undecided

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by Quidquopro: 8:09pm On Sep 24, 2018
seunmsg:

Simply put, Omisore is available to the highest bidder. Negotiations are still on and all options are on the table. No agreement reached yet with any party.

You can't get his support.
Stop dreaming.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by seunmsg(m): 8:10pm On Sep 24, 2018
Quidquopro:

You can't get his support.
Stop dreaming.

I don't need his support.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by Quidquopro: 8:11pm On Sep 24, 2018
seunmsg:

I don't need his support.

Your party rather

2 Likes

Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by Throwback: 8:16pm On Sep 24, 2018
chiefolododo:
omisore should be with ADELEKE. if you join yourself with that evil party, the people of osun will not forgive you

You mean the same people of Osun who gave approximately the same number of votes to APC as they gave to PDP?

If half who support PDP do not forgive Omisore if he aligns with APC, then should the half from APC be the ones to forgive if Omisore aligns with PDP?

I insist that Omisore is irrelevant to the present situation. Those who have relevance are the 3498 voters who are registered to vote.

Anyone who is serious should engage them as power truly belongs to the people.

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by chiefolododo(m): 8:19pm On Sep 24, 2018
Throwback:

You mean the same people of Osun who gave approximately the same number of votes to APC as they gave to PDP?

If half who support PDP do not forgive Omisore if he aligns with APC, then should the half from APC be the ones to forgive if Omisore aligns with PDP?

I insist that Omisore is irrelevant to the present situation. Those who have relevance are the 3498 voters who are registered to vote.

Anyone who is serious should engage them as power truly belongs to the people.
p

1 Like

Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by Throwback: 8:23pm On Sep 24, 2018
chiefolododo:
p

Olododo ti o k'ooto.

5 Likes

Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by landmark86: 8:23pm On Sep 24, 2018
Omisore still thinking on which side to follow

Omisore right now

5 Likes

Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by miqos02(m): 8:24pm On Sep 24, 2018
Lol
Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by DBossNG(m): 8:24pm On Sep 24, 2018
Hmm...

Check my signature for the best data prices and testimonies. I bet you a trial will convince you.
Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by adonbilivit: 8:25pm On Sep 24, 2018
for the love I have for Davido,i pray that God delivers Osun. them never eentr govt house but they have Adeleke University to their name. that university is a great IGR booster, employer of hundreds of Nigerians...etc. they even give scholarship to some students. all these the Adelekes did in their private capacity. imagine what they would do when they are now in government house to serve the people. Davido wey I know no go let him uncle allow workers suffer. His uncle listens to him.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by 3millionia: 8:26pm On Sep 24, 2018
angry

1 Like

Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by Olalan(m): 8:26pm On Sep 24, 2018
Dem won Bobo us ABI........the Nigerian politician we know will settle himself very well first before thinking about the people.
BTW how some person's say his support is inconsequential baffles me........And yet Saraki and PDP are openly seeking his support you might be shocked that the APC might have reached out to him secretly

3 Likes

Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by Ciscogod(m): 8:26pm On Sep 24, 2018
seunmsg:

Simply put, Omisore is available to the highest bidder. Negotiations are still ongoing on all fronts and all options are on the table. No agreement reached yet with any party.

If I am Omisore though, I won't waste my time asking for any senatorial ticket or future appointments. I will simply ask for N2billion since the two parties are desperate for victory. N1.5billion cash upfront and N500million after the election. Tinubu can pay for APC while Saraki and the Deji Adeleke can pay for PDP. grin tongue

Since this year, Have never seen a post that got me this much.

You are a real savage

8 Likes

Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by Naijaguy12345(m): 8:26pm On Sep 24, 2018
Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by jumpandpas(m): 8:26pm On Sep 24, 2018
grin

He's indirectly telling APC that he won't support them because they don't pay workers salaries.

#FACT.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by Pavore9: 8:27pm On Sep 24, 2018
See as Omisore don become the beautiful bride! cheesy
Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by dyydxx: 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2018
Please where exactly will they vote on Thursday? where are the outstanding places that are yet to vote or that the votes were canceled?
Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2018
The man has suddenly become a sought after in the country

1 Like

Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 24, 2018
seunmsg:

If I am Omisore though, I won't waste my time asking for any senatorial ticket or future appointments. I will simply ask for N2billion since the two parties are desperate for victory. N1.5billion cash upfront and N500million after the election. Tinubu can pay for APC while Saraki and the Deji Adeleke can pay for PDP. grin tongue

Omisore is not a poor man, although I expect that whoever he backs will be expected to refund his election costs. lol at "i want good governance!"...like any of them give a sh*t, that's just for his market women supporters.

6 Likes

Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 24, 2018
seunmsg:

Lol.. Do you think he will openly show support to any of the parties. This is politics man

2 Likes

Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by Topmaike007(m): 8:30pm On Sep 24, 2018
let conduct online poll now

Like for PDP

Share for APC

84 Likes 45 Shares

Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by Gkay1(m): 8:30pm On Sep 24, 2018
ygghhb
Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by thatigboman: 8:31pm On Sep 24, 2018
Saraki is the real and authentic godfather. When we win osun on thursday despite the federal and state might and all the harrassements and intimidations, Saraki should be appointed the head of PDP committe on lagos governorship election. Let him just draw performing Ambode to PDP, lets trounce APC and disgrace Tinubu in lagos.
Saraki is playing the kind of advanced politics only heard of in US and UK.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by wirinet(m): 8:31pm On Sep 24, 2018
seunmsg:

My brother you sabi decode scrambled messages, are you a decoder or a cryptographer?

7 Likes

Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by tesppidd: 8:32pm On Sep 24, 2018
See as God dey pick people call.

Those 3000 plus people will be thanking their stars for getting themselves accredited.

One vote 100k.

Anything less I nor sell.

16 Likes

Re: Osun Re-run: Omisore Lists Condition For APC, PDP by Topmaike007(m): 8:32pm On Sep 24, 2018
landmark86:
Omisore still thinking on which side to follow

Omisore right now
na the one way go pay baba go follow

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagosians Ask Police To Return To Work / Dolapo And Yemi Osinbajo’s Wedding Picture (Throwback) / Sword Crossing At Captain Gana’s Wedding (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.