Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,167 members, 7,780,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:36 AM

Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize (22795 Views)

If $1m Got Into Your Account, What Would Be Your First Move? / See The Instruments Used By A Kenyan Barber To Barb His Client. / 2 Nigerian Teachers Miss $1m Global Teacher Prize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize by oluchisimfred: 7:33am On Mar 25, 2019
A Kenyan teacher who donates his salary to poor students, has won a $1M global prize after being crowned the world’s best teacher.

36-year-old science teacher from rural Kenya who emerged winner out of 10,000 nominations from 179 countries, received his prize at a ceremony in Dubai hosted by actor Hugh Jackman. Peter Tabichi, a maths and physics teacher at Keriko secondary school in Pwani Village, who won the Varkey Foundation Global Teacher Prize 2019, started a “talent nurturing club” and expanded the school’s science club, helping pupils design research projects of such quality that many now qualify for national competitions.

The Kenyan teacher who won the $1M global prize, donates 80% of his salary to help the poorest students at the poorly-equipped and overcrowded school who could not otherwise not afford uniforms and books. It was further gathered that more than 90% of his pupils are from poor families and almost a third are orphans or have only one parent. They reportedly walk 7km along roads that can become impassable in the rainy season to reach the school, and the area can be affected by drought and famine.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/03/25/kenyan-teacher-who-donates-his-salary-to-poor-students-wins-1m-global-prize/

41 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize by freshngwaboy(m): 7:34am On Mar 25, 2019
smiley smiley
Re: Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize by ItxAyce(m): 8:32am On Mar 25, 2019
This is front page stuff
This highlights Africa not as the dark continent, but as a shining light to obtain values from
Mods should do the needful

115 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize by Pavore9: 11:37am On Mar 25, 2019
He is a Franciscan Brother who works in a rural secondary school.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize by Richdad50(m): 11:37am On Mar 25, 2019
shocked

The power of giving and the reward for compassion. Giving and Compassion are the laws to abundance. Nobody has ever lived his life for others and remained unblessed. It is a catalyst that force open heavens and unlocks every shut door of prosperity over any life.

A law given to Nature by God to apply on all men who obey its principles. It has no relationship with righteousness. It is one mystery that applies to every man under the earth. The mystery of seed and harvest, planting and reaping, emptying to be refilled.

Those who sow seeds reap, and those who plant, harvest of it thereof but, a man who sow men is the greatest of them all.

Richdad

95 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize by tillaman(m): 11:38am On Mar 25, 2019
Well deserved!! You are the real MVP

2 Likes

Re: Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize by gossipmama(f): 11:38am On Mar 25, 2019
Capuchin Friar?
Re: Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize by Abjay97(m): 11:38am On Mar 25, 2019
Cool..
10 Disturbing Stories Of People Who Attended Their Own Burial
https:///2019/01/10-disturbing-stories-of-people-who-attended-their-own-burial.html

10 Successful Businesses Created Out of Revenge and Anger
https:///2019/03/top-10-successful-businesses-created-out-of-revenge-anger.html
Re: Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize by Factfinder1(m): 11:38am On Mar 25, 2019
You will never see this in Nigeria
Re: Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize by Kizyte(m): 11:39am On Mar 25, 2019
"For it is in giving that we receive" e dey for Bible.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize by Namdeenero(m): 11:39am On Mar 25, 2019
Respect! Well deserved

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize by xynerise: 11:39am On Mar 25, 2019
Oya, who go collect my next income make I collect my own award? Nna mehn! This is business cheesy

1 Like

Re: Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize by yuanexchanger: 11:39am On Mar 25, 2019
it is good to be good.congraces.
Re: Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize by Daslim180(m): 11:39am On Mar 25, 2019
Humane...My character!
Re: Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize by Laysmt001(m): 11:40am On Mar 25, 2019
Bloooody:
See your mates Afonjas
If he were an afonja he would have turned that school into a skull mining industry cry
You have a vehement penchant for stupidity.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize by Hermionegranger(f): 11:41am On Mar 25, 2019
I love this! And I can tell that the prize money is going back to the children.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:42am On Mar 25, 2019
Bloooody:
[s]See your mates Afonjas
If he were an afonja he would have turned that school into a skull mining industry[/s] cry

Sincerely the good old days of nairaland is over. Tueeeeh

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize by Emary(f): 11:42am On Mar 25, 2019
oluchisimfred:
A Kenyan teacher who donates his salary to poor students, has won a $1M global prize after being crowned the world’s best teacher.

Best news today! Truly deserving of the prize. God bless him much more than this.

9 Likes

Re: Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize by tstx(m): 11:43am On Mar 25, 2019
He deserves it

See my signature, i build websites and I am based in Abuja
Re: Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize by sojayy(m): 11:43am On Mar 25, 2019
Wise investment.....now is paying off real good grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize by tomdon(m): 11:43am On Mar 25, 2019
Who nominated him?
How did they verify the claims?

1 Like

Re: Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize by lovingyouhun: 11:43am On Mar 25, 2019
May God continue to bless him.... when the government won't even pay teachers in Nigeria as at when due, how will the good ones carry out this kind of good deeds, it is well

1 Like

Re: Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize by hisgrace090: 11:43am On Mar 25, 2019
What an encouraging move?

It shall be well with men of good will.
Re: Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize by Zanziman: 11:43am On Mar 25, 2019
Is he a monk?
Re: Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize by goat22: 11:43am On Mar 25, 2019
OP this is false news, this man, is Baba ojemba for warri. He is called the numbered wind, the first of the second sons, the bringer of the iron stool, the holder of the third moonlight.

1 Like

Re: Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize by Jgovt(m): 11:44am On Mar 25, 2019
He's a true definition of Teaching which is the passing of what's worthwhile to people who ain't learned as you, but they must be sound after receiving.. He gave them his salary as his teaching aids to get their attentions and made them interested.. He's a teacher and deserves more than that...Teachers are now rewarded in Earth before they go to Heaven

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Failed Job Pre Medical Tests / Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' / Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Pls Run Away From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.