Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Supreme Court Rules In Suit Seeking Sack Of Bulkachuwa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Rules In Suit Seeking Sack Of Bulkachuwa (15487 Views)

More Communities To Join In Suit Seeking Sack Of Ebie As NDDC Chairman / Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa Steps Down From Presidential Election Petition / Defection: Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking Sack Of Saraki, Dogara, 52 Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supreme Court Rules In Suit Seeking Sack Of Bulkachuwa by remababy2: 1:42pm On Jul 15, 2019
The Supreme Court has rejected a suit seeking to sack Adamu Bulkachuwa, husband of the Court of Appeal’s President, Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa.

A five-man panel of the apex court in a judgment on Monday dismissed the appeal by Usman Tuggar, challenging the election of Bulkachuwa as Senator for Bauchi North senatorial district on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Justice John Okoro, in the lead judgment, dismissed the appeal by Tuggar against the judgment of the Court of Appeal, Abuja delivered on June 11, 2019, which upheld an earlier judgment of the Federal High Court, Abuja, to the effect that the suit was statute-barred, having been filed outside the 14 days allowed by the Constitution.

Recalls that the case, filed by Usman Abubakar Tuggar, is an appeal against an earlier judgment by Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu of the Federal High Court, Abuja in a suit marked: FHC/ABJ/CS/1240/08 by Tuggar, also of the APC.

Tuggar, who claimed to have won the APC primary election held on October 3, 2018 in his senatorial district had, by the suit, challenged the APC’s alleged decision to submit Bulkachuwa’s name to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), in his (Tuggar’s) place, as its candidate for the actual election held on March 23, 2019.
Justice Ojukwu, in her judgment on April 18, 2019, upheld Bulkachuwa’s objection and struck out the suit on the grounds that it was statute barred, having been filed outside the 14 days allowed by the Constitution, a decision Tuggar appealed in the case slated for hearing on Monday by the Appeal Court.

Tuggar, in the appeal, filed by his team of lawyers, including Chike Okafor, faulted the judgment of the trial court, which he said resulted from the court’s misunderstanding of his case, particularly the cause of action.

He argued that the trial court erred in law when it wrongly held that the applicant (Tuggar) filed the suit outside the 14 days prescribed by Section 285(9) of the Constitution.

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/breaking-supreme-court-rules-suit-seeking-sack-bulkachuwa/

Re: Supreme Court Rules In Suit Seeking Sack Of Bulkachuwa by Montanasnr(m): 5:20pm On Jul 15, 2019
Ok
I made it again today.
Where is my money
cool shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules In Suit Seeking Sack Of Bulkachuwa by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 5:20pm On Jul 15, 2019
Wife - Appeal court president

Husband - bauchi north senator

And these folks can't speak against the almajiri system, they must be benefitting from it

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Rules In Suit Seeking Sack Of Bulkachuwa by NOL2dworld(m): 5:20pm On Jul 15, 2019
He will do it if U believe..

He still saves...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Rules In Suit Seeking Sack Of Bulkachuwa by after4: 5:20pm On Jul 15, 2019
This name sounds familiar
Re: Supreme Court Rules In Suit Seeking Sack Of Bulkachuwa by Gkay1(m): 5:21pm On Jul 15, 2019
vhhhh
Re: Supreme Court Rules In Suit Seeking Sack Of Bulkachuwa by RDPMAN: 5:21pm On Jul 15, 2019
Okay
Re: Supreme Court Rules In Suit Seeking Sack Of Bulkachuwa by Ultimatezlant: 5:22pm On Jul 15, 2019
Our judiciary is
Re: Supreme Court Rules In Suit Seeking Sack Of Bulkachuwa by Montanasnr(m): 5:22pm On Jul 15, 2019
Marksonteewhy01:
Good day nairalanders, please I need help to relocate to Canada or any other european country that is willing to employ me as a truck driver. I've been trying so hard years ago but ended up being scam. Help a brother in his 30s and still single. I really need to relocate. I am a graduate from a reputable university in Nigeria too. Any useful advice is welcome. Naija Don tire me I swear. 08036534917. WhatsApp only please. Thank you all
Just process your national identity papers,
Go online and feel Canada visa papers.
Or www.canadavisa.com
They'll invite you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Rules In Suit Seeking Sack Of Bulkachuwa by Cherrybae(f): 5:25pm On Jul 15, 2019
This victory for democracy. God bless our judiciary the last hope of the common man.

God bless Buhari for upholding the rule of law.

Nigeria shall be great again

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Rules In Suit Seeking Sack Of Bulkachuwa by Ugogabriel(m): 5:27pm On Jul 15, 2019
I noticed that many political court cases are simply decided on technical grounds instead of giving judgement on the merits or substance of the case before the court. This country nawa

6 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules In Suit Seeking Sack Of Bulkachuwa by spafu(m): 5:27pm On Jul 15, 2019
Ok
Re: Supreme Court Rules In Suit Seeking Sack Of Bulkachuwa by jlinkd78(m): 5:27pm On Jul 15, 2019
Technicalities as usual at d Judiciary, Inconclusive at INEC, Rubber stamp at National Assembly and Nepotism at d Executive

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Rules In Suit Seeking Sack Of Bulkachuwa by naijaboy756: 5:28pm On Jul 15, 2019
lodinx32135:
scammers. I will keep reporting you all
Re: Supreme Court Rules In Suit Seeking Sack Of Bulkachuwa by ayusco85(m): 5:29pm On Jul 15, 2019
Montanasnr:

Just process your national identity papers,
Go online and feel Canada visa papers.
Or www.canadavisa.com
They'll invite you
Stop giving people wrong advise
Re: Supreme Court Rules In Suit Seeking Sack Of Bulkachuwa by lonelydora: 5:29pm On Jul 15, 2019
Well, what do I know
Re: Supreme Court Rules In Suit Seeking Sack Of Bulkachuwa by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:31pm On Jul 15, 2019
Cherrybae:
This victory for democracy. God bless our judiciary the last hope of the common man.

God bless Buhari for upholding the rule of law.

Nigeria shall be great again
Amen in Jesus name.

Good to see so many people keying into being positive about our great nation.

God bless you Cherrybae. kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Rules In Suit Seeking Sack Of Bulkachuwa by Montanasnr(m): 5:51pm On Jul 15, 2019
ayusco85:

Stop giving people wrong advise
What the Bleep is wrong advice here na?
I'm telling him how I did mine you're saying rubbish
Re: Supreme Court Rules In Suit Seeking Sack Of Bulkachuwa by Neoteny(m): 6:47pm On Jul 15, 2019
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:
Wife - Appeal court president

Husband - bauchi north senator

And these folks can't speak against the almajiri system, they must be benefitting from it

Would speaking against it stop it?

If so then why didnt you people speak against Evans and baby factories?
Re: Supreme Court Rules In Suit Seeking Sack Of Bulkachuwa by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 15, 2019
jlinkd78:
Technicalities as usual at d Judiciary, Inconclusive at INEC, Rubber stamp at National Assembly and Nepotism at d Executive

You hv earned my respect; you defined a whole nation in one simple phrase ( not even sentence)......���

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

2023: Oyo LP Deputy Chairman, Other Party Members Defect To PDP / Demolished Buildings Not Approved By Government – Lagos / 1,005 Kwara Pensioners Die Over Unpaid Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.