Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,776 members, 7,806,135 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi (13678 Views)

I Was Threatened To Manipulate Results – Abia INEC Returning Officer Oti (Video) / APC Campaigns For Tinubu, Akpabio In Essien Udim, Akwa Ibom State / Akpabio In Dilemma As Appeal Court Rules Rerun In Essien Udim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by ItoroUdotim(m): 10:39am On Jul 21, 2019
WE NEVER ANNOUNCED 61,329 VOTES FOR AKPABIO IN ESSIEN UDIM - INEC RETURNING OFFICER 

...CARPETS APC FOR PARADING IMPOSTOR BEFORE TRIBUNAL AS APC LOCAL GOVERNMENT AGENT

The INEC Returning Officer for Essien Udim local government at the 2019 National Assembly Elections, Dr. William Olosunde, says the commission could not accept the alleged inflated local government result 61,329 votes by APC candidate Chief Godswill Akpabio, claiming they were not products of any electoral process.

He also confirmed that Mr Godwin Michael Afangideh who earlier presented the result before the tribunal as APC Local Government Agent for Essien Udim, was an impostor who had no dealings with INEC officials at the collation center throughout the National Assembly elections.

At the National  Assembly Elections Petitions Tribunal in Uyo, Dr Olosunde explained that Dr. Ngozika A. Oleforo the Collation Officer for Ukana West 1 Ward and Prof. David Edem the Collation Officer for Ikpe Annang Ward brought  Ward results in Form EC8B without any Form EC8A, the unit results series to back the ward results.

He also said the February 23 elections were marred by inconsistency in the number of accredited voters and votes obtained, non- compliance with the electoral guidelines and invasion of collation center by thugs who beat up INEC officials, including himself.

The returning officer, who was confronted by Counsel to the Petitioner Sunday Ameh SAN, with allegations that he absconded,  said “My lord, I did not abscond. After the invasion by thugs, we resumed collation in line with INEC guidelines. 

"It was the Electoral Officer (EO) who advised me that if we wanted to leave that collation center alive, I should suspend collation using Card Readers and escape from the center, and I informed others."

Contrary to earlier claims before the tribunal, Dr Olosunde also posited that the name of the APC Local Government Collation agent that wrote his name on Exhibit P534 was Hon. (Dr.) Etido Udo.

The bewildered courtroom was informed that Mr Godwin Michael Afangideh, Petitioner's Witness 14 who came before the tribunal under the guise of Local Government Collation Agent, was actually an impostor, as no such person represented the APC or signed any document for the party throughout the National Assembly elections exercise.

Dr Olosunde also countered Afangideh who earlier claimed he received results from 11 wards with duplicate copies of results that were issued to all agents at the collation center by the returning officer. 

"I didn't conclude collation and never announce results while at Essien Udim,  so I did not give the police or any party agent any such result," he cried.

On being confronted by Ameh with Form EC8C(1), Essien Udim local government results which he allegedly collated using EC8B(1), Ward results, he said the result had no foundation.

“I asked Prof. David Edem, the first collation Officer that arrived to show me Form EC8A(1), which are unit results of his Ward Ikpe Annang, but he told me that he had no polling unit results and the figures representing each unit, where not backed by Form EC8A(1)

"The electoral officer told him that if he cannot present the unit results from where he obtained the figures on the ward result sheet, then he will have to follow us to the commission headquarters in Uyo to explain the source of the figures."

He maintained that he marked on Form EC8C(1), which is the original result for Essien Udim that having not seen polling unit results for Ikpe Annang Ward and Ukana West 1, the figures written by the Ward officers could not be accepted. 

This, he said, explained the outright cancellation of elections in the two wards. 

Dr Olosunde  explained that where the number of votes exceed the total number of accredited voters, such result cannot be accepted.

In the examination of the witness which lasted for more than one hour, he confirmed that number of accredited voters for Essien Udim was 19,455 which is far less than the 61,329 votes claimed by APC alone.

Under examination by Robert Emukpueruo, Counsel to INEC,  the Witness confirmed that due to irrugularities, out of the 11 wards in Essien Udim, "7 wards were outrightly cancelled and affected units in the remaining 4 wards were also cancelled”

He further confirmed that, “it was the cancellation of those wards and some units that reduced the number of accredited voters to 9,964 as contained in Exhibit P534”.

“Form EC40G(1), that is Exhibits R352 and R352A are those documents I signed to formalize those cancellations, where votes outnumbered accreditation or were not backed up with accreditation at all in some wards”.

The University of Uyo lecturer stressed that contrary to police reports of peaceful elections in Exhibits P555 and P557, the Presidential/National Assemby elections in Essien Udim were marred by "violence, intimidation, molestation of INEC Adhoc Staff” 

While being examined by Uche Njoku Counsel to Senator Chris Ekpenyong, Dr Olosunde stressed that he could not conclude collation of results that evening in Essien Udim, neither did he announce or issue any result to any party agent as well as the police, after his security was threatened.

He faulted alleged results contained in Police Reports, Exhibit P557 and depositions of the Petitioner’s witnesses as false in all ramifications, saying he never announced any result on February 24 eventhough the police report is dated February 24, 2019.

Njoku: “Did you give anybody, group of persons, party agent, the Police any copy of Form EC8C at the local government collation center?” 

Williams: “No” 

He also said that at Ikot Ekpene Collation Center, you excused yourself to take a phone call and absconded. Is that correct?” Njoku questioned.

“No. That is not correct. The allegations leveled against me are lies”, Olosunde answered.

He told the Tribunal that INEC as a Commission cancelled the purported results.

Replying Ameh, who asked if there was no provision for accreditation of voters in the event of smart card reader failure, witness said, “Whether the card reader authenticates the holder of the PVC or not, it would show on the card reader as success or failure. 

"Both the figures for successful and failed authentication would be captured by the card reader to aggregate the number of accredited voters. 

"Those the card reader failed to successfully authenticate can then proceed to thumbprint and write their phone numbers on the Voters Register, which is then ticked before the person is presented with ballot papers to vote," he added.

Three other witnesses, including a female NYSC member, who were presiding officers at some units in Essien Udim, also alleged that they were abducted at gunpoint to unknown locations and made to thumbprint and write results in favour of APC in their respective units.

The tribunal adjourned to Tuesday, July 23 for continuation of hearing by the respondents. 

https://www.thenewsfeed.ng/2019/07/22/we-did-not-announce-61329-votes-for-akpabio-in-essien-udim-inec-returning-officer/

Re: We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by Dannyset(m): 11:14am On Jul 21, 2019
grin
Make una dey dribble una sef. When somebody score we go get una time.

12 Likes

Re: We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by realstars: 11:16am On Jul 21, 2019
Likes for Akpabio and shares for uncommon defeat.

13 Likes 38 Shares

Re: We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by Paperwhite(m): 11:32am On Jul 21, 2019
Akpabio iberiberism gonna consume him so more.

8 Likes

Re: We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by SILVERLINES: 11:40am On Jul 21, 2019
Godswill Akpabio still keep on his dreams

In Akwa Ibom we don't know the heck herdsmen party call APC, neither do we have a place for them in our dear state.

Akpabio can pack his belongings and join his terrorist herdsmen party at Abuja or any northern part of the country dominated by the socall party.
We can't offer him even a school class prefect under the umbrella of the herdsmen APC party, in comparison a senatorial district is too big for him to dream.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by tuniski: 11:41am On Jul 21, 2019
garfield1 senatordave1 abi genelpatton come and see your folly.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by garfield1: 11:45am On Jul 21, 2019
tuniski:
How
Re: We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by oglalasioux(m): 1:02pm On Jul 21, 2019
There's a thread on front page reporting the opposite.
Re: We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by garfield1: 2:39pm On Jul 21, 2019
Tuniski,its still the same thing.no wonder you are silent.results were illegally canceled by returning official instead of polling officials.secondly,cancellations were done based on card readetlr reports instead of msnual register.

Three things will happen.essien udim results restored and akpabio declared winner or a rerun in essien udim or a total rerun.up apc

1 Like

Re: We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by tuniski: 2:52pm On Jul 21, 2019
garfield1:
Tuniski,its still the same thing.no wonder you are silent.results were illegally canceled by returning official instead of polling officials.secondly,cancellations were done based on card readetlr reports instead of msnual register.

Three things will happen.essien udim results restored and akpabio declared winner or a rerun in essien udim or a total rerun.up apc

Oh so cancelation of result is an ilegality? God punish devil the curious case of Osun. Oyetola/apc you see yourselves.

Anyway, they ain't the same thing. No election yet result were cooked up by Apkabio. SCR accreditation 19k+ yet the disgraced akpabio of the infamous warsaw came up with magical 61k+ for only himself.

He was even presenting impostor as agent. Akpabio did not only lose fairly, he is burying whatever remains of his dying political clout.

3 Likes

Re: We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by garfield1: 4:24pm On Jul 21, 2019
tuniski:

Oh so cancelation of result is an ilegality? God punish devil the curious case of Osun. Oyetola/apc you see yourselves.

Anyway, they ain't the same thing. No election yet result were cooked up by Apkabio. SCR accreditation 19k+ yet the disgraced akpabio of the infamous warsaw came up with magical 61k+ for only himself.

He was even presenting impostor as agent. Akpabio did not only lose fairly, he is burying whatever remains of his dying political clout.
There the same thing my friend.based on latest supreme court judgment,courts do not look at or care whether votes are legitimate,rigged,inflwted or phantom but how well election processes were followed.i know you wont read as usual but for legal righteousness,read the ruling on otti vs ikpeazu and inec 2015

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by tuniski: 5:02pm On Jul 21, 2019
garfield1:

There the same thing my friend.based on latest supreme court judgment,courts do not look at or care whether votes are legitimate,rigged,inflwted or phantom but how well election processes were followed.i know you wont read as usual but for legal righteousness,read the ruling on otti vs ikpeazu and inec 2015
And what have you just said?
Re: We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by garfield1: 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2019
tuniski:

And what have you just said?
Akpabio is coming

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by engineerboat(m): 7:32pm On Jul 21, 2019
tuniski:

For where theybare still looking for another false news in supprort of akpabio
Re: We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by engineerboat(m): 7:33pm On Jul 21, 2019
oglalasioux:
There's a thread on front page reporting the opposite.

Dont mind them,

The moment i see the thread i know its faksehood

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by engineerboat(m): 7:34pm On Jul 21, 2019
garfield1:

How is result illegally cancelled

How fo you collate ward result without polling unit result.

No where to be found

Who does that

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by engineerboat(m): 7:35pm On Jul 21, 2019
garfield1:

INEC regulation says, no voter card verification no results

Stop living in fool paradise

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by engineerboat(m): 7:36pm On Jul 21, 2019
garfield1:

Was Osun vote cancellation legal

Dahun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by engineerboat(m): 7:38pm On Jul 21, 2019
tuniski:

He will come to spin this i know,

He had been caught in his webcage.

Osun cacellation Legal

Akpabio cancellation (Where a ward collation officer cannot account for unit result) is illegal

Garfield1 is on somthing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by garfield1: 8:02pm On Jul 21, 2019
engineerboat:

INEC regulation says, no voter card verification no results

Stop living in fool paradise
Seems your living there already.the constitution which is supreme says manual accreditation is s must boy
Re: We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by garfield1: 8:04pm On Jul 21, 2019
engineerboat:

How is result illegally cancelled

How fo you collate ward result without polling unit result.

No where to be found

Who does that
Oh,so polling unit results are so important and you didnt advice atiku to use them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by engineerboat(m): 9:28pm On Jul 21, 2019
garfield1:

Seems your living there already.the constitution which is supreme says manual accreditation is s must boy

Go to the court and stop ranting here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by engineerboat(m): 9:29pm On Jul 21, 2019
garfield1:

Oh,so polling unit results are so important and you didnt advice atiku to use them

As usual, you come here to show your true colour.

Cancelling osun PU result is legal

While cancelling Akpabio PU result is illegal.

Keep living in your fool paradise

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by PrinceKevin01: 9:44am On Jul 22, 2019
grin grin grin grin

And the Title of this Movie is "INEC in Atlanta".

Anyway, i will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 1k. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up on WhatsApp
Re: We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by tstx(m): 9:45am On Jul 22, 2019
Cool
Re: We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by chinavs9ja(m): 9:48am On Jul 22, 2019
sad

I will design your website...kindly check my signature
Re: We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by Mysticluv(f): 9:48am On Jul 22, 2019
Iberiberism 1 of Akwa Ibom
Re: We Never Announced 61,329 Votes For Akpabio In Essien Udim - Inec Returning Offi by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:49am On Jul 22, 2019
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Crisis: Mai Mala Buni May Step Down As Caretaker Committee Chairman / List Of Nigerian Women Hall Of Fame Inductees: Kudirat Abiola, Aisha Buhari / Madalla Blast: Detained Suspect Escapes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.