Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,875 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) (29419 Views)

Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? / American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) / Over 800 People Trapped In Cruise Ship Chaos In Norway (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by AutoJoshNIG: 10:31am On Aug 15, 2019
Lagos State, the most populous state in Nigeria, is one of the fastest-growing cities in the world. It is also considered as one of the world’s 36 mega-cities.

Lagos has one of the largest, most extensive, and busiest road networks in West Africa. Sadly, Lagos has an insufficient suburban train and some ferry services.

Transportation within the state is principally by road. This often leaves the internal roads and expressways congested at peak hours, due in part to the geography of the city, as well as its explosive population growth.

Shortly before the advent of the Lagos BRT, Lagos was regarded as the only megacity (defined by the UN as a city with a population of over 10 million) without any organized public transport system.

A new monorail system that is supposed to span the length of the Badagry expressway to Lagos Island is currently under construction.

Despite the introduction of the BRT bus system and over 800 new intra-city buses by the Akinwunmi Ambode-led administration, there is still a significant deficit of public mass transit vehicles in Lagos.

The photos below show the daily challenges of getting available mass transit vehicles faced by residents of Lagos state.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/despite-the-introduction-of-over-800-buses-see-stranded-commuters-in-lagos-photos/

2 Likes

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 15, 2019
Useless APC government!
Okearo is more organised than lagos undecided

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Eagleboney(m): 10:35am On Aug 15, 2019
if the government have finished building the rail line it would have tremendously boosted the state IGR

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by slysdesign(m): 10:39am On Aug 15, 2019
Its lagos fam. Nothing ever happens the way it should there

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Origin(f): 10:43am On Aug 15, 2019
i dont believe 800 buses are in use as some of the existing buses are not been maintained.

besides its not what you have but how you use it: there are so many 'direct buses' which often have carrying capacity but would not stop to pick passengers along their routes.

9 Likes

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Chrisbeks: 10:46am On Aug 15, 2019
What is 800 buses? Do you know the population of Lagos?

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Esejojo: 11:32am On Aug 15, 2019
Origin:
i dont believe 800 buses are in use as some of the existing buses are not been maintained.

besides its not what you have but how you use it: there are so many 'direct buses' which often have carrying capacity but would not stop to pick passengers along their routes.

The point is that despite the addition of these 800 new buses to the hundreds of thousands of Danfos, BRT, keke Napep, etc, there is still a huge demand for mass transport vehicles.

It all point to the fact that other means of transportation needs to be urgently explored. For instance, more jetties needs to built, and people encouraged to use them. That in addition to the monorail will significantly reduce all these stranded people at bus stops.

8 Likes

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Americanboy35: 12:01pm On Aug 15, 2019
Esejojo:

The point is that despite the addition of these 800 new buses to the hundreds of thousands of Danfos, BRT, keke Napep, etc, there is still a huge demand for mass transport vehicles.

It all point to the fact that other means of transportation needs to be urgently explored. For instance, more jetties needs to built, and people
encouraged to use them. That in addition to the
monorail will significantly reduce all these stranded
people at bus stops.
Over population is killing Lagos seriously

8 Likes

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by 9jvirgin(m): 3:01pm On Aug 15, 2019
I just got back from an European tour, I visited Denmark, Sweden, Poland, Germany and London. These countries too are heavily populated but you need to see how thousands of trains, subways and buses helps people to connect so FAST and EASY. Dedicated rail tracks and roads for buses was clearly noticeable.

Almost all the population in Denmark had bicycles, at 4pm I saw people with Suit and Ties riding their bikes home.

I took a train from Copenhagen, Denmark to Malmo, Sweden and the whole trip lasted for 2 hours and 45 mins. The problem is not the population, the problem is black man-kind.

We may never get it right!

90 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by mytime24(f): 3:03pm On Aug 15, 2019
Scam

1 Like

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by majamajic(m): 3:03pm On Aug 15, 2019
Lagos is over loaded
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Sirmuel1(m): 3:03pm On Aug 15, 2019
The population there is too much.
I was at Sango Otta recently, I had an appointment with someone in Surulere at 8am. A friend advised me to leave the house at 4am to beat the traffic, I thought I was in Abuja, so I ignored the advice. sad embarassed sad embarassed embarassed

I had to spend about 3-4hrs to travel within Lagos embarassed

1 Like

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by McAausim: 3:03pm On Aug 15, 2019
shocked

This an old pics.....

Eh bloggers wit dre fake news diz days.... grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by PrettyCiarahFB: 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2019
The population is too much

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by troubleboi: 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2019
grin
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by ednut1(m): 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2019
Nigeria should be a case study for mediocrity . well na there pickpockets go see food chop

1 Like

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by judecares1(m): 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2019
the railway system is the only solution to lagos problem due to continues increase of people on daily basis

4 Likes

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by SeunPhantom(m): 3:05pm On Aug 15, 2019
Eko Ile
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by sammyj: 3:05pm On Aug 15, 2019
Lagos bus project is just a BIG SCAM to me !!! shocked shocked
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Dandsome: 3:05pm On Aug 15, 2019
Eko

Scam everywhere. Yet they are still trying to kill Gokada
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by caracas: 3:05pm On Aug 15, 2019
The truth of the Matter is no matter the innovations n inventions the government decides to introduce the problem would still not be solved. Why , because lagos is too populated n the more u invent n introduce the more ppl move into Lagos.
It is simple the Lagos state government cannot n will never be able to solve this problem. The only way to solve this traffic problems is to deliberately depopulate Lagos, and that can only be done by opening up other major cities n make Lagos less attractive.
Of course only the FG can do this.

8 Likes

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by LearnGraphics(m): 3:05pm On Aug 15, 2019
Lagos is no man's land. Everyone tries to hustle.. That's why you need to earn more using a side hustle as well.

Online Creative design classes have commenced. be part of it and earn like i do!

https://www.nairaland.com/5357126/want-earn-10-15k-weekly-designing
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 15, 2019
AutoJoshNIG:
Lagos State, the most populous state in Nigeria, is one of the fastest-growing cities in the world. It is also considered as one of the world’s 36 mega-cities.

Lagos has one of the largest, most extensive, and busiest road networks in West Africa. Sadly, Lagos has an insufficient suburban train and some ferry services.

Transportation within the state is principally by road. This often leaves the internal roads and expressways congested at peak hours, due in part to the geography of the city, as well as its explosive population growth...

Thanks for sharing your detailed analysis

2 Likes

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by jaxxy(m): 3:06pm On Aug 15, 2019
Bad logistics is the problem. There are many empty buses floating around smwhere at sm other bustop

2 Likes

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by donprinyo(m): 3:06pm On Aug 15, 2019
Suffer suffer generations
Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Glink2018(m): 3:06pm On Aug 15, 2019
Lagos has been infilterated by gambari and nyamiri people ....

Oya, come and go.

4 Likes

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 15, 2019
Ambode will be like upon all my stress

1 Like

Re: Despite The Introduction Of Over 800 Buses, This Still Happens In Lagos (PHOTOS) by Ilario33: 3:06pm On Aug 15, 2019
Na wah

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Will No Longer Tolerate Harassment Of Its Citizens In Ghana - FG / 37 Nigerians Deported From Italy Arrive Murtala Muhammed International Airport / Death Trap: Trailer Conveying An Unbalanced Cargo Container Seen On Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.