Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:06 PM

Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging (7472 Views)

How To Make Money Blogging In 2020 [New Tricks] / Start A Nigerian News Blog From Scratch And Make Money Blogging / Aminat Olajumoke Ajibola Amiloaded: "Blogging Is Not For The Feeble-minded" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by dave06(f): 12:11pm On Aug 15, 2019
So let’s get to the point:

You’re either new to blogging or you’ve been blogging for a while now and probably think you know everything there is to know about it.

You’ve probably learned how to use WordPress…or Blogger and have been playing around with it creating a good looking design.

You’ve even published several posts with a target of going viral, generating traffic and making money.

But it doesn’t happen that way, right? No success. Duh… Looking back at all the months spent blogging, no one cares about what you put out there; no one reads your post.

Are you not forgetting something? I mean you may be missing out on something:

Your readers

I know the excitement that comes with owning a blog and putting out content to make quick bucks, but to save you from making any more blogging mistakes, here are a few mistakes you should avoid:

1. You are not concerned about Finding and growing a Niche

What is your blog about?

Tech? News? Business? Food?
Lots of new bloggers fall into the trap of writing whatever the hell that comes in their head. A passion, or niche can not only help boost your traffic but also grow your audience.

Look for what you’re good at and write about it.

2. Blogging for the Money

So you want quick money blogging? I hate to break it to you but blogging isn’t for you pal.

All of the people who jump into blogging while dreaming of $$$ hardly ever succeed.

Why?

This is because blogging is a skill that takes passion as a prerequisite. Getting listed on Google alone might take about 2 months. Without the passion to create valuable content and using the required marketing strategy to achieve great traffic, you will be disappointed in the long run.

The race for quick wealth can often lead to many mistakes; don’t let blogging be one of them.

3. Copying Other People’s Content
We call it plagiarism. That’s right.

So many new bloggers come along the statement “Content is King” and end up pumping out lots of low-level content by copying other people’s work without due credit.

Do you know what happens after that? All the effort generally goes to waste because search engines don’t rank these low-quality posts compared to better higher quality ones.

Never sacrifice quality for quantity and always keep in mind that one good solid post is a lot better than a bunch of low-quality ones. Besides, with the advancement of search engine algorithms, bottom feeders that go about copying people’s content are easily latched out. Don’t make that mistake. Create your content.

4. Too Many Ads
I know you will agree with me that most ads that show up on web pages are not only painfully irritating but also annoying. Truth is, too many ads are not just bad for users but for S.E.O as well.

Want to drive traffic and keep your visitors coming back to your blog, don’t use too many Ads.

5. Your blog lacks User-friendliness
A number of new bloggers seem to be so focused on traffic that they never stop to look at the design of their blog.

Your blog shouldn’t be a maze to navigate through. It should be designed in a way that is easy for the user and in a way in which it properly displays your content.

Ever stopped to take a look at your font? How about your blog’s color combination?

People come to blogs to gain information, if your blog is unreadable then there’s no point of it even being there.

6.Not promoting your blog

Have you ever wondered how most blogs usually end up on the first page of Google search, and others don’t?

Hard work!

A key mistake so many new bloggers make is relying so much on search engines and nothing else. Let me remind you that there are millions of blogs on the web; hence it would require you to put in the work in order to get to the top. The more you promote your blog, the more backlinks you earn and the higher you will get ranked. It’s that simple.

Read More... https://www.nastrendz.com/2019/08/10-biggest-mistakes-new-bloggers-make.html?m=1

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by pyro62(m): 5:32pm On Aug 15, 2019
CONGRATULATIONS TO MYSELF FIRST OF ALL FOR FINALLY BEING THE LATEST FTC ON A POST ON FRONT PAGE FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME.

Well if the blogging wouldn't give me money, why should I invest in it? I don't think there any blogger ready to spend money on his blog, that doesn't have the intentions of making it back.
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by Edams224(m): 5:32pm On Aug 15, 2019
Let me book space
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 15, 2019
Wasnt doing it the right way.

Check sigg
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by morikee: 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2019
who ask you
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by KubwaBoy: 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2019
I have a blog for over a year now but have not made a dime from it. Who can help me monetize it?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by GloShare(m): 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2019
I dont know about all that but one thing is sure,

You wont make money creating contents for Nairaland.

13 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by qanda: 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2019
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2019
Hmmm.....
No 7.....don't post lies just to capture people
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by abuhari: 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2019
First to comment
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by ITbomb(m): 5:36pm On Aug 15, 2019
If you have never done assignments, term paper, seminar work, thesis etc on your own, forget about blogging

Blogging is about researching and presenting solutions in your language and style to your audience

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by 9jayes: 5:36pm On Aug 15, 2019
Blogging is lucrative only if you know how. Ask akeentech.com
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by bluefilm: 5:36pm On Aug 15, 2019
Thunder will definitely locate and fire the idiot that keeps bringing this same old recycled worthless piece of information here...

Nonsense. angry

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 15, 2019
I use ad blockers just to make sure bloggers don't make a cent from my clicks. I only turn off ad block if the blogger puts in some work in his site.
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by sylve11: 5:42pm On Aug 15, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:
I use ad blockers just to make sure bloggers don't make a cent from my clicks. I only turn off ad block if the blogger puts in some work in his site.

still let them chop na... grin grin cool
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by Lamasta(m): 5:44pm On Aug 15, 2019
If you want to make money as a blogger stop

FAKE NEWS
FAKE NEWS
FAKE NEWS
IRRELEVANT NEWS
SENSELESS NEWS
UNREASONABLE NEWS
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by Rapmoney(m): 5:44pm On Aug 15, 2019
Edams224:
Let me book space
Dem still dey rush to book space for this kind thread? After 1hr, only 20 views. After almost 30 mins for front page, still first page with less than 10 comments!
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by Centcanada: 5:48pm On Aug 15, 2019
I need this blogging I swear. I don't have any job to survive.
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by henrypsexy(m): 5:48pm On Aug 15, 2019
Brilliant content I must say
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by Godwin2am(m): 5:48pm On Aug 15, 2019
IM GUILTY OF ALL THESE ERROR, I VENT INTO IT OUT OF PASSION, BUT ON GOOD CONTENT, LATER SOLD MY DOMAIN NAME. ENTERTREND9JA
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by ch3ckm8: 5:49pm On Aug 15, 2019
It's not for everyone
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by materialproject: 5:50pm On Aug 15, 2019
This got my attention
ITbomb:
If you have never done assignments, term paper, seminar work, thesis etc on your own, forget about blogging

Blogging is about researching and presenting solutions in your language and style to your audience
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by Jetjacky(m): 6:01pm On Aug 15, 2019
Some points are interesting and factual.
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by Eddygre8(m): 6:25pm On Aug 15, 2019
Affiliate & CPA marketing is one untapped online opportunity in Nigeria. Most Nigerians just prefer the easy man approach like get paid to read news etc.
If you take your time to learn affiliate/CPA marketing from mentors and you have the right tools and strategies you will walk out of poverty in no time.

Interested in learning affiliate marketing as a newbies check
www.digitalyraytech.com/affiliate
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by hedonido: 6:25pm On Aug 15, 2019
Strategy and execution is everything in every business or hustle, online or offline.

By the way, "blogging" as a term don cast. If you're talking about making money from your WEBSITE, then numerous people are still doing that, big time, even in this our Naija.

You have to know what you're doing.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by MrTrend(m): 6:25pm On Aug 15, 2019
Facts shocked
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by wink2015(m): 6:34pm On Aug 15, 2019
dave06:
So let’s get to the point:

You’re either new to blogging or you’ve been blogging for a while now and probably think you know everything there is to know about it.

You’ve probably learned how to use WordPress…or Blogger and have been playing around with it creating a good looking design.

You’ve even published several posts with a target of going viral, generating traffic and making money.

But it doesn’t happen that way, right? No success. Duh… Looking back at all the months spent blogging, no one cares about what you put out there; no one reads your post.

Are you not forgetting something? I mean you may be missing out on something:

Your readers

I know the excitement that comes with owning a blog and putting out content to make quick bucks, but to save you from making any more blogging mistakes, here are a few mistakes you should avoid:

1. You are not concerned about Finding and growing a Niche

What is your blog about?

Tech? News? Business? Food?
Lots of new bloggers fall into the trap of writing whatever the hell that comes in their head. A passion, or niche can not only help boost your traffic but also grow your audience.

Look for what you’re good at and write about it.

2. Blogging for the Money

So you want quick money blogging? I hate to break it to you but blogging isn’t for you pal.

All of the people who jump into blogging while dreaming of $$$ hardly ever succeed.

Why?

This is because blogging is a skill that takes passion as a prerequisite. Getting listed on Google alone might take about 2 months. Without the passion to create valuable content and using the required marketing strategy to achieve great traffic, you will be disappointed in the long run.

The race for quick wealth can often lead to many mistakes; don’t let blogging be one of them.

3. Copying Other People’s Content
We call it plagiarism. That’s right.

So many new bloggers come along the statement “Content is King” and end up pumping out lots of low-level content by copying other people’s work without due credit.

Do you know what happens after that? All the effort generally goes to waste because search engines don’t rank these low-quality posts compared to better higher quality ones.

Never sacrifice quality for quantity and always keep in mind that one good solid post is a lot better than a bunch of low-quality ones. Besides, with the advancement of search engine algorithms, bottom feeders that go about copying people’s content are easily latched out. Don’t make that mistake. Create your content.

4. Too Many Ads
I know you will agree with me that most ads that show up on web pages are not only painfully irritating but also annoying. Truth is, too many ads are not just bad for users but for S.E.O as well.

Want to drive traffic and keep your visitors coming back to your blog, don’t use too many Ads.

5. Your blog lacks User-friendliness
A number of new bloggers seem to be so focused on traffic that they never stop to look at the design of their blog.

Your blog shouldn’t be a maze to navigate through. It should be designed in a way that is easy for the user and in a way in which it properly displays your content.

Ever stopped to take a look at your font? How about your blog’s color combination?

People come to blogs to gain information, if your blog is unreadable then there’s no point of it even being there.

6.Not promoting your blog

Have you ever wondered how most blogs usually end up on the first page of Google search, and others don’t?

Hard work!

A key mistake so many new bloggers make is relying so much on search engines and nothing else. Let me remind you that there are millions of blogs on the web; hence it would require you to put in the work in order to get to the top. The more you promote your blog, the more backlinks you earn and the higher you will get ranked. It’s that simple.

Read More... https://www.nastrendz.com/2019/08/10-biggest-mistakes-new-bloggers-make.html?m=1

Nice share
Re: Reasons Why You Will Never Make Money Blogging by TemmyT002(m): 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:

Wicked soul shocked

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PROMO! PROMO!! Get A Professional & Affordable Website: ANY BUSINESS... (#15k) / Displaying Rss Feeds Easily Using Google Ajax Feed Api / Most Effective Ways To Do SEO For A New Website Or Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.