Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,479 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ (21130 Views)

22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 / "Why Buhari Sacked Winifred Oyo-Ita As Head Of Civil Service" - Reno Omokri / Buhari Sacks Winifred Oyo-Ita, Appoints Folashade Yemi-Esan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ by dre11(m): 9:37am On Aug 22, 2019
By Ismail Mudashir & Abbas Jimoh

The Head of Service of the Civil Service of the Federation, Winifred Oyo-Ita, has been asked by the presidency to put her early retirement plans on hold, Daily Trust learnt from impeccable sources yesterday.

“She was asked to remain in the office pending the completion of the investigation on her matter,” one of the sources said.

Oyo-Ita has been out of the public glare since the news of her N3bn contract scandal broke.

She however put up an appearance at the swearing in of new ministers yesterday. During the ceremony, Oyo-Ita sat close to the Chief of Staff to the President, Malam Abba Kyari.

She had earlier visited the Chief of Staff in his office She was absent at the Presidential retreat for ministers designate held between Monday and Tuesday, even when she was one of the resource persons.

Oyo-Ita is being probed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over alleged N3bn contract scam. It was gathered that her retirement was not accepted by the presidency.

But when contacted, a presidential spokesperson, Garba Shehu said: “Our position in the Villa hasn’t changed. We, I mean the right office to deal with matters like that hasn’t received any letter of resignation of the sort people are talking about.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/oyo-itas-retirement-rejected.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ by Kyase(m): 9:40am On Aug 22, 2019
Good, I like her, so she stays.

She's one of the cabals cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ by jlinkd78(m): 9:40am On Aug 22, 2019
Following

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ by oluremmy234(m): 9:46am On Aug 22, 2019
Another twist.......... May God heal our land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ by Front0lane: 10:00am On Aug 22, 2019
She must go jail if found cupable.
Ipob & PDP supporters can wail to death for all I care.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ by seunmsg(m): 10:07am On Aug 22, 2019
Daily Trust learnt from impeccable sources yesterday.

“She was asked to remain in the office pending the completion of the investigation on her matter,” one of the sources said.

Garba Shehu said: “Our position in the Villa hasn’t changed. We, I mean the right office to deal with matters like that hasn’t received any letter of resignation of the sort people are talking about.”

So, if she hasn’t submitted any letter to the right office that should deal with issues of resignation, how then can she be asked to remain in office pending investigation?

Dailytrust is just being sensational here. The president cannot reject a resignation that he’s not aware of. When Oyo-Ita is ready to resign, she will send her resignation letter to the appropriate authority.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ by Staro: 10:19am On Aug 22, 2019
DailyTrust and The Nations newspapers are just dribbling Nigerians
with fabricated stories about Oyo-Ita.

The last time, without quoting any reliable source, these papers
told us the woman had forwarded her retirement letter.

Realising their earlier report was fake and to save face, they now claim her
retirement letter was rejected

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 22, 2019
E don be

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ by wethebest(m): 12:30pm On Aug 22, 2019
Ok oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ by yjgm(m): 12:32pm On Aug 22, 2019
Very good. Let us see this to the logical conclusion before this.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ by Four4Clien(m): 12:32pm On Aug 22, 2019
PErson wan retire dem come dey reject Your Own retirement? That's funny

my people, abeg if you want better website for 8k, contact me via whatsap - 0 7 0 6 3 08 41 71

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ by Dpharisee: 12:33pm On Aug 22, 2019
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ by dejio42(m): 12:34pm On Aug 22, 2019
angryI just open this page in a public bus and it was embarrassing

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ by zack780: 12:36pm On Aug 22, 2019
hmmmmm this is Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ by Drunk: 12:36pm On Aug 22, 2019
dejio42:
I’m telling you. I had to report those dirty accounts. I opened mine in the office self

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ by delamb01: 12:36pm On Aug 22, 2019
You must clear yourself before we can accept your retirement. So, you want to enjoy pension and gratuity? No way!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ by Guzel: 12:39pm On Aug 22, 2019
Imagine opening Nairaland in public only to see Big black pen*s. Mods pls do something

Mama Oyo, don’t worry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ by UniportAgbero: 12:40pm On Aug 22, 2019
Drunk:

I’m telling you. I had to report those dirty accounts. I opened mine in the office self

I don report taya

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ by Horo(m): 12:41pm On Aug 22, 2019
dejio42:
is really embarrassing i believe there is a platform for that
@seun FYA

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ by dejio42(m): 12:42pm On Aug 22, 2019
Drunk:

They still open fresh accounts after been blocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ by MobilityExpress: 12:45pm On Aug 22, 2019
Front0lane:
She must go jail if found cupable.
Ipob & PDP supporters can wail to death for all I care.

So you think head of service of the federation, number 5 person in government can be involved in a 3 billion contract scam alone by herself? I laugh in Swahili grin If the head of service is corrupt, then there's a 95% chance the government in power is corrupt. I know trust Buhari anti-corruption again. My mumu don do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ by charlezslow(m): 12:50pm On Aug 22, 2019
Haters How Market?
Winifred Oyo Ita Is The Head Of Service And So Shall It Be Until She attains Mandatory 35 year of service, she is a woman of Integrity, She has all what it takes to man the office HOS

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ by Saintp(m): 12:52pm On Aug 22, 2019
Where is maina sef? I remember this woman's name came up during maina saga?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ by michoim(m): 12:52pm On Aug 22, 2019
She wants to run away after stealing money...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ by Mizwisdom(f): 12:52pm On Aug 22, 2019
She's a good woman but she's being victimised. It's not easy to be a woman in leadership in a patriarchal country like Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Winifred Oyo-Ita’s Retirement ‘Rejected’ by madridsta007(m): 12:57pm On Aug 22, 2019
oluremmy234:
Another twist.......... May God heal our land.

Unless we want to pretend to ourselves, Nigerians haven't done what they should do to have God heal the land.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Kidnap Supervisor At Alao-Akala’s Farm; Demand ₦100 Million / N-power Build Launch By Osinbajo (see Photos) / We Have Moved 10 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty – Udoma Udo Udoma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.