Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,428 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:14 PM

Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) (21022 Views)

Ronaldo Shouts At Santos After Portugal Failed To Qualify For Wolrd Cup(video) / Oshoala Fires Barcelona Into Final Of The Spanish Women's Super Cup (video). / Victor Osimhen Scores Again For Lille In League (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by naptu2: 4:04am On Aug 23, 2019
Oshoala scores again as Barcelona qualify for the final of the Catalunya Cup.

Barcelona Femenino 5-1 CE Seagull.

Asisat Oshoala scored her 8th pre-season goal as Barcelona defeated CE Seagull 5-1 in the semi-final of the Copa Catalunya. The Catalans will play against Espanyol in the final on Saturday.

Goals by Alexia (2), Aitana, Marta T. and Oshoala gave Barcelona an easy victory. Barca dominated from the beginning of the match and Alexia Putellas put them ahead in the 5th minute.

The Seagulls almost equallised via a freekick, but it was Barca that extended the lead as Aitana put them 2-0 ahead helped by an assist from Falcon.

Barca had the lion's share of possession and Marta Torrejón took advantage of a rebound from the opposition goal to put the Cules 3-0 ahead in the 22nd minute.

Despite changes by both teams the scoreline did not change until an impeccable cross shot by Alexia Putellas from outside the area made it 4-0. Just before the break, the Seagull pulled one back as Esther Sola scored to make the scoreline 4-1.

Opportunities without luck

Barcelona created a lot of goal scoring chances in the second half, but they had no luck with the final ball. The opportunites were created by Laia Codina as well as Caroline Graham Hansen and Oshoala, but there was no change in the scoreline.

It was Oshoala (the arrowhead of the attack) who scored the 5th goal, overcoming the defense and the rival goalkeeper in the 82nd minute (5-1).

Barcelona Femenino will play against Espanyol in the final of the Copa Catalunya and the match will kick off at 8:30pm on Saturday.

Match details

Barça Women, 5
CE Seagull, 1

Barça Feminine: Gemma, María León, Melanie, Marta T., Mariona, Hamraoui, Alexia, Aitana, A. Pereira, Oshoala and Falcón. They have also played Caroline Graham Hansen, Patri Guijarro, Claudia Pina, Leila Ouahabi, Vicky Losada and Laia Codina.

CE Seagull: Laia, Alba, Xènia, Queralt, Pascu, Irina, A. Gordo, Yosse, Ali, Cotado and Esther Solà. They have also played Akane, Nuria, Sandra, Aida and Clara Carmona.

Goals: 1-0, Alexia (min 5); 2-0, Aitana (min 12); 3-0, Marta T. (min 22), 4-0, Alexia (min 40); 4-1, Esther Solà (min 44); 5-1, Oshoala (min 82).

Referee: Ester Erra.

[img]http://naijachronicles.files./2019/03/ecm-aqxx4aedpyo.gif?w=326&zoom=2[/img]

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by superfelix: 4:11am On Aug 23, 2019
Oshoala, Omo Better toh gbe body.

FTC by the way. lipsrsealed

I dedicate this Spot to Oshoala, May she continue to find the back of the net for the female Barca team.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by emeijeh(m): 4:13am On Aug 23, 2019
Barca for the trophy!

Who is Esther Sola?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by segsman(m): 4:14am On Aug 23, 2019
She is so spectacular

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by nsdirect: 4:14am On Aug 23, 2019
angry

Maybe super falcon should change their jersey to Barcelona colors. Apparently that's the only way my baby can score for us.

P.S. Why does she like going around keepers so much?

P.P.S. She looks so damn elegant and stands up straight. Okay bye

Meanwhile see my signature

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by Baileyz101(m): 4:14am On Aug 23, 2019
Bae is good

StarGirl ⭐

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by xxolisexx(m): 4:14am On Aug 23, 2019
Which kind rubbish be dis...say prsn score goal is now a topic on nairaland, na im be say dis season na her news go full nairaland....
Na she be d first grl to dey score goal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by tunde202(m): 4:15am On Aug 23, 2019
The laafy is simply good. Kudos!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by PureFace1(m): 4:18am On Aug 23, 2019
She should make sure she keep on doing the good work

Go girl

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by Odinaka00(m): 4:19am On Aug 23, 2019
Play with good players around you, you will see the best in you and people will also see the best in you.. Not all these old tired women she plays with in Super Falcons that can no longer control ball.. Kudos to her.. At least one of them Nigerians in Diaspora doing Nigerians proud.. Not all these fraudsters and drug dealers that are always painting us bad in the world.. Na eteghari mmadu ure all in the name of making quick cash and balling hard.. Building mansions and driving Benz... Nonsense and ingredients

I don't even know why I dey para this early morning sef but las las na thunder go fire Buhari sha

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by Skelewu: 4:21am On Aug 23, 2019
I love this girl die.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by Skelewu: 4:23am On Aug 23, 2019
xxolisexx:
Which kind rubbish be dis...say prsn score goal is now a topic on nairaland, na im be say dis season na her news go full nairaland....
Na she be d first grl to dey score goal

In Bobrisky's voice: You're an 8ter.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by dahgifted(m): 4:34am On Aug 23, 2019
Oshoala does it better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by educhigo: 4:39am On Aug 23, 2019
that's her work,if she not play well then, she will be a bench warmer all her life in barcelona...after that she will come back to medugri club to wetness ruga in nigeria cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by Nobody: 4:40am On Aug 23, 2019
emeijeh:
Barca for the trophy!

Who is Esther Sola?
Spanish name. No be Yoruba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by Inquisitor2560(m): 4:42am On Aug 23, 2019
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by GreenArrow1(m): 4:52am On Aug 23, 2019
Keep scoring Azeezat. You've been good from day 1.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by toluleke(m): 4:52am On Aug 23, 2019
So anytime she get a goal it compulsory you update undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by MobilityExpress: 4:54am On Aug 23, 2019
So much like this girl ehn. Both on and off pitch, she's very cool headed, talented, hard working, humble and funny. The guy wey go marry her don jam wife material jackpot. "Enemy of program" should keep off grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by MobilityExpress: 4:56am On Aug 23, 2019
Skelewu:

In Bobrisky's voice: You're an 8ter.

Don't mind that one. Enemy of program grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by RTSC2: 5:23am On Aug 23, 2019
Dem go still collect from Lyon

BTW, I am yet to see a female player who can dink the ball over the keeper into the net like messi instead of going round the keeper.
Maybe ada hegeberg and Marta can.

Most male players can't even do it. They would rather go round the keeper.

The few players that can do it are highly technical players

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by naptu2: 5:30am On Aug 23, 2019
nsdirect:
angry

Maybe super falcon should change their jersey to Barcelona colors. Apparently that's the only way my baby can score for us.

RTSC2:
Dem go still collect from Lyon

BTW, I am yet to see a female player who can dink the ball over the keeper into the net like messi instead of going round the keeper.
Maybe ada hegeberg and Marta can.

Most male players can't even do it. They would rather go round the keeper.

The few players that can do it are highly technical players

Watch Asisat Oshoala's second goal.

2 goals by Asisat Oshoala gave Nigeria victory, but watch the 2nd goal (over the head of the keeper).

Nigeria 2-1 South Africa (2014 African Women's Nations Cup in Namibia).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGnPRpxsGTo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by Realhommie(m): 5:32am On Aug 23, 2019
Nice one. She's on form and it would be nice to see her maintain such going into and through the season.

#MoreGrease #StarGirl

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by RTSC2: 5:57am On Aug 23, 2019
naptu2:

2 goals by Asisat Oshoala gave Nigeria victory, but watch the 2nd goal (over the head of the keeper).

I think oshoala goal was very good, but it was just a shot from a long distance after the keeper left his line.

Lobbying the ball at close distance to the keeper is where the technicality is.
Very few players can do it. They would rather go round the keeper because it is easier.

Look at this video of messi especially the first goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXpvZu0v0a8

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by naptu2: 5:58am On Aug 23, 2019
nsdirect:
angry

She has scored lots and lots and lots of goals for Nigeria.

Remember that

⚫she was the highest goal scorer at the 2014 Under 20 World Cup in Canada (she also won the golden ball).

⚫She was the second highest goal scorer at the 2014 African Women's Nations Cup in Namibia.

⚫She was the highest goal scorer at the 2016 African Women's Nations Cup in Cameroon.

⚫ She is one of only two women to score for Nigeria at two FIFA World Cups (Canada 2015 and France 2019)

And she's scored lots of goals for us in qualifiers.

What's needed at the moment is for our strikers (all our strikers) to get used to Thomas Dennerby's system and for Thomas Dennerby to figure out the best way to use them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by nsdirect: 6:03am On Aug 23, 2019
naptu2:

That's a dope goal but I dont think that's what he's asking.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by nsdirect: 6:04am On Aug 23, 2019
naptu2:

She has scored lots and lots and lots of goals for Nigeria.

Remember that

⚫she was the highest goal scorer at the 2014 Under 20 World Cup in Canada (she also won the golden ball).

⚫She was the second highest goal scorer at the 2014 African Women's Nations Cup in Namibia.

⚫She was the highest goal scorer at the 2016 African Women's Nations Cup in Cameroon.

⚫ She is one of only two women to score for Nigeria at two FIFA World Cups (Canada 2015 and France 2019)

And she's scored lots of goals for us in qualifiers.

What's needed at the moment is for our strikers (all our strikers) to get used to Thomas Dennerby's system and for Thomas Dennerby to figure out the best way to use them.

Oh wow. I was just going by her performance at the last FWWC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by femmoy(m): 6:05am On Aug 23, 2019
superfelix:
Oshoala, Omo Better toh gbe body.

FTC by the way. lipsrsealed

I dedicate this Spot to Oshoala, May she continue to find the back of the net for the female Barca team.

And may God almighty continue to hear your prayers �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by naptu2: 6:19am On Aug 23, 2019
nsdirect:

Oh wow. I was just going by her performance at the last FWWC

Yeah, I know.

Nigerians are used to direct attacking football and we score a lot of goals. Thomas Dennerby came and realised that we are an attacking side, but our defence isn't so good. So he has tried to improve our defensive play, but it has affected our attack.

Desire Oparanozie, Asisat Oshoala, Francisca Ordega, etc. have not been scoring as many goals as they used to score before he became the coach.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshoala Scores Again As Barcelona Qualify For Final Of The Catalunya Cup (video) by naptu2: 6:20am On Aug 23, 2019
nsdirect:

That's a dope goal but I dont think that's what he's asking.

I was replying to both of you. You asked why she only goes round keepers and he also wrote about her going round keepers. The truth is that I've seen her score very many different types of goals since 2014.

You wrote this:

nsdirect:
angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa Donates ₦100 Million To 5,000 Widows, Others In Plateau / Tokyo2020: Divine Oduduru Disqualified From 100m Race / NFF Considers Appointing Eguavoen Permanent Super Eagles Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.