Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,378 members, 7,781,059 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:12 AM

Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President (29016 Views)

Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana / Senate Targets Osinbajo, Fashola, Others Over Multimillion Dollar Power Deal / BREAKING: Giadom To Step Down As Ag. Chairman Of APC Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by codedconcept36: 2:00am On Sep 19, 2019
Fresh facts on Wednesday emerged on some decisions taken by  President Muhammadu Buhari on the functions of his deputy, Prof Yemi Osinbajo.

A source in the Presidential Villa  confided in The PUNCH  that members of the cabal in the Presidency  were bitter about the roles played by the Vice-President, when he stood in for Buhari, when the latter went on medical leave.

The source cited the emergence of Walter Onnoghen as the substantive Chief Justice of the Federation and the removal of Lawal Daura as the Director-General of the Department of State Services  on August 7, 2018 as two of their grievances against Osinbajo.

Buhari had on November 10, 2016 sworn in Onnoghen in acting capacity despite the recommendation of the National Judicial Council, which stated that he should be appointed   as Chief Justice of Nigeria  being the most senior justice of the Supreme Court.

The President did not forward Onnoghen’s name to the Senate for consideration despite public outcry.

Recall that it was Osinbajo, who acted as President, during Buhari’s absence from the country,  that forwarded Onnoghen’s name to the Senate on February 7, 2017 and swore him in on March 7, 2017

Also, the Federal Government had on January 15, 2019 arraigned the ex-CJN   before the Code of Conduct Tribunal .

But Osinbajo had during a conference of the Online Publishers Association of Nigeria, claimed Buhari was not aware of Oongohen’s trial until Saturday, January 12.

The Vice-President, who at the event, expressed misgiving about the trial of Onnoghen and other judges, had said, “It has consequences such as we have today, such that people say how can such an important person be subjected to trial without the Federal Government.”

He had also said Buhari believed that there should not be interference by the executive in other organs of government.

But the President  did not wait for Onnoghen’s trial at the CCT to be concluded before suspending him on January 25.

Justifying his action, Buhari had said, “Although the allegations in the petition are grievous enough in themselves, the security agencies have since then traced other suspicious transactions running into millions of dollars to the CJN’s personal accounts, all undeclared or improperly declared as required by law.”

Also, Osinbajo, when he was acting President,  removed Daura, as the director-general of the DSS on August 7, 2018 and appointed Matthew Seiyefa, who was kicked out by Buhari in September of the same year.

The source, who confided in one of our correspondents, attributed Osinbajo’s travails to the roles he played in Onnoghen’s issue and Daura’s removal.

The source said, “The VP underestimated the level of vindictiveness some of these people have towards him.

“They accused Osinbajo of   sidelining them when he took critical decisions during Buhari’s medical leave. If you remember, there was a lot of drama surrounding the confirmation hearing of (Walter) Onoghen and the removal of Daura.

“They were also not happy about the issue of the presidential panel on recovery of public assets. Obono-Obla developed a life of his own in handling the assignment given to him. They thought the VP was supposed to have checked him.

But a top member of the All Progressives Congress, who  spoke on condition of anonymity, described the situation as “sad” and “beyond mere words.”

The source said, “Those of us within the party are onlookers in this matter.  They are turning this 2023 game dirty because how can you explain what is happening to the Vice- President who brought in class and finesse into government?

“It’s possible some persons around the President made some discoveries about the VP’s handling of certain issues and were able to convince him (Buhari) to whittle down his powers.

“Whatever is happening cannot be hidden for too long. Without doubt certain individuals within and outside the villa are taking advantage of the situation.”

Another party stalwart, however,  said nothing out of the ordinary was happening.

The party stalwart, who also wished to remain anonymous because “the issue is purely within the purview of the President,” said, “It’s just a storm in a tea cup; there is nothing unusual happening.”

In response to a question on the replacement of the Osinbajo-led Economic Management Team with the Prof Doyin Salami-led Economic Advisory Council, he said, “There is a new energy to refocus government to revamp the economy.

“Whether it is the Vice-President that is the driver of the economic management team or not, all of them are still reporting to the President.

“The Vice President has a constitutional role to play and he is playing it. I don’t know why some people want to create a rift between the Vice-President and his principal.

“If the President is saying this (economic) route that we’ve taken in the last four years has not yielded the desired results, let us go another route is there anything wrong with that?

“I don’t think what is happening is meant to slight the Vice-President. It is not a sign that the President has lost or is losing confidence in the VP.”

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/cabal-targets-osinbajo-over-actions-taken-as-ag-president/amp/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by Validated: 4:33am On Sep 19, 2019
I hope Osinbajo will survive these onslaughts. I recall that Osinbajo threatened to resign if Daura was not sacked when Buhari was on health vacation in UK. That threat was kept in a vault and now it is time to unleash the cabal's power. As a young graduate who was employed then at Churchgate, I recalled that when I tendered my resignation, I was begged and was taken as far as the office of the GM (an Indian) who pleaded with me to stay. However, my immediate boss (a Nigerian) warned me that since I was bold enough to resign, I should not stay because, "these people will deal with you after you have lost the opportunity to move". Taking that advice, I left Churchgate and I did not regret that action atall. Since Osonbajo threatened the cabal with resignation, which would have crumbled them, remaining was a big mistake, he should have resigned. That would have dealt the cabal a deadly blow. Now he has been used to achieve their Next Level ... he is useless to them and can be discarded.

276 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by ursullalinda(f): 5:04am On Sep 19, 2019
They better concentrate on more pressing issues than heating up the system unnecessarily

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by valarmorghulis: 5:32am On Sep 19, 2019
I believed osibanjo did the right thing because Onnoghen was the next in line, let me tell you all something today, a southerner will become president come 2023 and 1000 Abba Kyari cannot change that

111 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by Nobody: 5:35am On Sep 19, 2019
Osinbajo should be protected by his fellow westerners cause it is now obvious he’s targeted by the cabal.

Tinubu has been silent of late.

21 Likes

Re: Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by Toroso: 6:52am On Sep 19, 2019
You have a valid point but intrigues n power play like this is what makes politics / democracy interesting. Osinbajo 8 years in that office is guaranteed no matter the power play, if he knows his game the cabal will be at his mercy in due time. Ebele is a good example. He just needs to play his game intelligently but resigning is nit an option. What lillylivered fool resign the post of the VP because of some ants. You are a billion % wrong on that in every ramification.

Validated:
I hope Osinbajo will survive these onslaughts. I recall that Osinbajo threatened to resign if Daura was not sacked when Buhari was on health vacation in UK. That threat was kept in a vault and now it is time to unleash the cabal's power. As a young graduate who was employed then at Churchgate, I recalled that when I tendered my resignation, I was begged and was taken as far as the office of the GM (an Indian) who pleaded with me to stay. However, my immediate boss (a Nigerian) warned me that since I was bold enough to resign, I should not stay because, "these people will deal with you after you have lost the opportunity to move". Taking that advice, I left Churchgate and I did not regret that action atall. Since Osonbajo threatened the cabal with resignation, which would have crumbled them, remaining was a big mistake, he should have resigned. That would have dealt the cabal a deadly blow. Now he has been used to achieve their Next Level ... he is useless to them and can be discarded.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by blackmantis: 6:57am On Sep 19, 2019
RyanD147:
Osinbajo should be protected by his fellow westerners cause it is now obvious he’s targeted by the cabal.

Tinubu has been silent of late.

Used again and dumped.

12 Likes

Re: Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by 35824L: 7:07am On Sep 19, 2019
valarmorghulis:
I believed osibanjo did the right thing because Onnoghen was the next in line, let me tell you all something today, a southerner will become president come 2023 and 1000 Abba Kyari cannot change that
You are right. If Onnoghen had been denied the position then given his seniority, there would have been a public outcry that would reinforce the propaganda of opposition parties that APC was anti-christain and anti-south. It would have devasted APC in the presidential election in the south with APC losing badly. It was better that Onnoghen was confirmed as CJN and then his dirty closet exposed to show he wasn't fit for that exalted office. And for sure a southerner must emerge as president in 2023. Even the real northern power brokers know that Nigeria's continued existence is hinged on that.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by orisa37: 7:14am On Sep 19, 2019
codedconcept36:
Fresh facts on Wednesday emerged on some decisions taken by  President Muhammadu Buhari on the functions of his deputy, Prof Yemi Osinbajo.

A source in the Presidential Villa  confided in The PUNCH  that members of the cabal in the Presidency  were bitter about the roles played by the Vice-President, when he stood in for Buhari, when the latter went on medical leave.

The source cited the emergence of Walter Onnoghen as the substantive Chief Justice of the Federation and the removal of Lawal Daura as the Director-General of the Department of State Services  on August 7, 2018 as two of their grievances against Osinbajo.

Buhari had on November 10, 2016 sworn in Onnoghen in acting capacity despite the recommendation of the National Judicial Council, which stated that he should be appointed   as Chief Justice of Nigeria  being the most senior justice of the Supreme Court.

The President did not forward Onnoghen’s name to the Senate for consideration despite public outcry.

Recall that it was Osinbajo, who acted as President, during Buhari’s absence from the country,  that forwarded Onnoghen’s name to the Senate on February 7, 2017 and swore him in on March 7, 2017

Also, the Federal Government had on January 15, 2019 arraigned the ex-CJN   before the Code of Conduct Tribunal .

But Osinbajo had during a conference of the Online Publishers Association of Nigeria, claimed Buhari was not aware of Oongohen’s trial until Saturday, January 12.

The Vice-President, who at the event, expressed misgiving about the trial of Onnoghen and other judges, had said, “It has consequences such as we have today, such that people say how can such an important person be subjected to trial without the Federal Government.”

He had also said Buhari believed that there should not be interference by the executive in other organs of government.

But the President  did not wait for Onnoghen’s trial at the CCT to be concluded before suspending him on January 25.

Justifying his action, Buhari had said, “Although the allegations in the petition are grievous enough in themselves, the security agencies have since then traced other suspicious transactions running into millions of dollars to the CJN’s personal accounts, all undeclared or improperly declared as required by law.”

Also, Osinbajo, when he was acting President,  removed Daura, as the director-general of the DSS on August 7, 2018 and appointed Matthew Seiyefa, who was kicked out by Buhari in September of the same year.

The source, who confided in one of our correspondents, attributed Osinbajo’s travails to the roles he played in Onnoghen’s issue and Daura’s removal.

The source said, “The VP underestimated the level of vindictiveness some of these people have towards him.

“They accused Osinbajo of   sidelining them when he took critical decisions during Buhari’s medical leave. If you remember, there was a lot of drama surrounding the confirmation hearing of (Walter) Onoghen and the removal of Daura.

“They were also not happy about the issue of the presidential panel on recovery of public assets. Obono-Obla developed a life of his own in handling the assignment given to him. They thought the VP was supposed to have checked him.

But a top member of the All Progressives Congress, who  spoke on condition of anonymity, described the situation as “sad” and “beyond mere words.”

The source said, “Those of us within the party are onlookers in this matter.  They are turning this 2023 game dirty because how can you explain what is happening to the Vice- President who brought in class and finesse into government?

“It’s possible some persons around the President made some discoveries about the VP’s handling of certain issues and were able to convince him (Buhari) to whittle down his powers.

“Whatever is happening cannot be hidden for too long. Without doubt certain individuals within and outside the villa are taking advantage of the situation.”

Another party stalwart, however,  said nothing out of the ordinary was happening.

The party stalwart, who also wished to remain anonymous because “the issue is purely within the purview of the President,” said, “It’s just a storm in a tea cup; there is nothing unusual happening.”

In response to a question on the replacement of the Osinbajo-led Economic Management Team with the Prof Doyin Salami-led Economic Advisory Council, he said, “There is a new energy to refocus government to revamp the economy.

“Whether it is the Vice-President that is the driver of the economic management team or not, all of them are still reporting to the President.

“The Vice President has a constitutional role to play and he is playing it. I don’t know why some people want to create a rift between the Vice-President and his principal.

“If the President is saying this (economic) route that we’ve taken in the last four years has not yielded the desired results, let us go another route is there anything wrong with that?

“I don’t think what is happening is meant to slight the Vice-President. It is not a sign that the President has lost or is losing confidence in the VP.”

https://dailynaijamode.com/cabal-targets-osinbajo-over-actions-taken-as-ag-president/

It's Time to test his Resolve and Resistance to Cabal's course.
Re: Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by orisa37: 7:16am On Sep 19, 2019
codedconcept36:

https://dailynaijamode.com/cabal-targets-osinbajo-over-actions-taken-as-ag-president/

Just testing.
Re: Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 19, 2019
What if Osinbajo's travails is orchestrated by Tinubu who is threatened by the former's growing popularity and sees him as threat to his 2023 ambition?

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by ITbomb(m): 7:36am On Sep 19, 2019
Next stage would be rubbishing.

Won't be surprised if EFCC discover $2bn missing under him

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by Flyingngel(m): 7:41am On Sep 19, 2019
There is no smoke without fire.
Osibanjo and Tinubu shld have known that this will come to play in second term.
If Buhari cannot wade of the hawks in his administration who are against Osibanjo, then it shows one thing that he doesn't trust Osibanjo.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by Venerable612(m): 7:52am On Sep 19, 2019
I hate fake news.

And I hope NairaLand is not soon becoming a place where all manner of fake agendas and news items are promoted.

This article lacks logic and the source is highly questionable. At one point it mentioned The Punch, but the link bears one Dailynaijamode whatever.

Whatever the discord in the presidency... The president Buhari does not seem like one that answers to any cabal - certainly not Tinubu himself. That is not to mean he doesn’t respect party politics!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by Opinedecandid(m): 8:49am On Sep 19, 2019
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by TheAngry1: 8:50am On Sep 19, 2019
There is no cabal anywhere, El-Rufai is the cabal.
That devilish midget is bloodthirsty for power.
The north is bloodthirsty for power.
Despite 30 years of military rule, the north is still the poorest region in the world.
20 years after democracy, nothing has changed; the poverty has become endemic and institutionalised

El-Rufai is willing for Nigeria to burn as long as the flames make him President. He will not succeed.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by hopexter(m): 8:50am On Sep 19, 2019
It will never be well with the Canals. Let them show their faces angry

1 Like

Re: Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by Lamasta(m): 8:50am On Sep 19, 2019
Nigerians did not elect cabals and the constitution does not recognise them either so whatever is happening at the seat of power is Buhari as far as am concerned.

2023 is almost here and they will all pack there load and leave our government house...

Cabal kee una there grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by ImmaculateJOE(m): 8:51am On Sep 19, 2019
Owk

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by Yinxies(f): 8:51am On Sep 19, 2019
Enemies of progress at work

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by Obudupikin: 8:52am On Sep 19, 2019
The commissioner should just honourably resign To avoid further humiliation.

He's been used and dumped. It happens, even to the best of us. Madam Oby comes to mind.

Buhari is an unintelligent president. Therefore, he can't understand the capacity of star boy beside using him for election and trader money.

1 Like

Re: Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by daddytime(m): 8:53am On Sep 19, 2019
Nonsense and beer parlor journalism.

How come the cabal allowed Buhari retain him as his running mate during the last election.

Rubbish rumour mongers
Re: Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by Exponental(m): 8:53am On Sep 19, 2019
Re: Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by melvinjames: 8:53am On Sep 19, 2019
Osibanjo is finished, Abba Kyari is the real vice president.

2 Likes

Re: Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by Sunnycliff(m): 8:53am On Sep 19, 2019
The hen is gradually coming to roost.

We are watching.

1 Like

Re: Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by Sunnycliff(m): 8:54am On Sep 19, 2019
Obudupikin:
The commissioner should just resign.

He will be framed up and impeached very soon.
The north and love for power is more than their love for cows.

1 Like

Re: Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by naijadrivablog: 8:54am On Sep 19, 2019
Hmm. Vice Errand Man they want to turn him This is unacceptable!
Re: Cabal Targets Osinbajo Over Actions Taken As Ag President by Hedonisco: 8:55am On Sep 19, 2019
On top all this one, imagine make Buhari just suddenly yamutu. Like play like play Osibanjo come turn C-in-C... These power mongers never learn from history.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I’ll Tell Niger To Use Kaduna Port, Not Lagos – El-rufai / Zamfara Government Reacts To Turbaning Of Ado Aleru / Photo Of Tukur Buratai, His Father And Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.