Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,492 members, 7,781,479 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:14 PM

Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers (7039 Views)

To The Gods Of My Father / Emi(spirit): Lineage Of Gods / Naughty gods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by Devilpen(m): 10:48am On Nov 09, 2019
POWER OVERLOAD
written by: Olusegun Ayomide Shedrach
© 2019, piu

Introduction
Lightning struck, followed by a chilled breeze that suited Akinyemi so well, he wished more of it would happen, he laid his hand on his dog, June and stroke it gently humming a song to it, his staff laying on the ground beside him and a cutlass, he watched as his flock of sheep, laid peacefully.
June whimpered and stood up at alert, looking at the sky, Akinyemi Alis followed suit and noticed a blue ball like object falling from the sky, his eyes followed the direction, where the object fell.
"June, wait here, let me check what that is" He said and took his cutlass.
Akinyemi hurried into the bush in search for the object, hoping to find it soon, not long had he gone in search of it, he saw the blue ball standing meters away, he walked slowly with caution at it and used the tip of his cutlass to touch it.
The ball gradually shrinked and turned into a bead.
"Wierd" Akinyemi said and picked the bead up.
"Harmless, I wonder what this is" he said and dipped the bead into his pocket.

Chapter One
Akinyemi gave a funny face, as he opened his eyes from the deep sleep, seeing June licking his face, he jumped up and felt exhausted
"Wow" he said and slowly turned to his right.
Seeing the huge lifeless bear beside him, he took three steps backward and wondered how.
"June, who brought that here "
June stood looking at him, and ran to and fro
"You mean I did " .

June barked and happily turned around
"The bead, where is the bead? "
Akinyemi opened his palm and stared at the blue glowing spiral which had formed around his palm and wrist. He watched as the spiral line illuminated his arm brightly
"Let's get out of here " Akinyemi

Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by Devilpen(m): 10:51am On Nov 09, 2019
ewawumi
Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by germaphobe(m): 12:16pm On Nov 09, 2019
we die here, where are all the crew and family, gather here another gbedu don land

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by tunjilee003: 2:10pm On Nov 09, 2019
I'll soon sue devilpen for being such am ardent writer...you are back with a new banger
Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by ewawumi(f): 2:59pm On Nov 09, 2019
Devilpen:
ewawumi
Finally, I earned an official invite. All drinks on me biko
Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by germaphobe(m): 5:14pm On Nov 09, 2019
ewawumi:

if u don't mind i don order henny for ur head ooo. And i dey front row in case u want jist mate. grin
ewawumi:

if u don't mind i don order henny for ur head ooo. And i dey front row in case u want jist mate.
Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by Devilpen(m): 11:09pm On Nov 09, 2019
This is a world you don't know about, a land where gods live in disguise among human, a world where only through total dominance can you survive, a world you need to cultivate to be stronger, although all is hidden to human and forever will it be.

Akinyemi slide two bronze coins on the table before the seller and quickly withdrew his hand, to prevent his hand from being seen.

"Thank you" he said and stretched his left hand to receive the leather gloves.
"You lack home training " The lady said and withdrew the gloves back to herself.
Akinyemi stared at her and wondered what effect using his left hand had on the woman.

"Make way " A loud thick husky voice shouted, and immediately everyone cleared path for the carriage, which was lifted by four hefty palace guards and beautiful designed with the locally made Ankara fabrics.
Akinyemi bowed as the carriage passed him and then turned back to the woman. He felt a strong hand on his shoulder and slowly turned around.
"The Princess wish to see you" the guard said and pushed him forward.

Akinyemi stood before the carriage and watched as the door opened and a girl about his age came out from it, a viel covering her face.
"You have the Spiral and you're not a royal " She said and stared at him.
"What spiral? " Akinyemi asked and looked at his hand, satisfied with the way his cloth covered it.
"Lie, guards hold him "
Akinyemi sighed and pushed the guard approaching him to the floor with ease and suddenly he saw himself standing on the rooftop of the building next to him.
"Night wolf, it's the spirit of the Alpha wolf in him" the girl mumbled and leaped on the rooftop before Akinyemi and summoned out a whip from her hand.
"Hand the bead over" she said and slashed her whip.
"I don't know what you're talking about" Akinyemi shouted and suddenly gave a loud howl.
"Ehh " he said and closed his mouth tightly.
Akinyemi looked down and saw the guard aiming there arrow at him and quickly he leaped to the other roof and missed a step, sending him hard to the floor, he crashed against a shield and quickly stood up, without any pain.
"Don't run, let's eat them, I'm hungry " A voice said within him.
"What? Who are you? " Akinyemi asked and picked up pace again.
"Night wolf and you're my perfect bound, if you cooperate we will be unstoppable ".
"Shut up" Akinyemi shouted and hid himself inside a drum.

1 Like

Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by germaphobe(m): 7:22am On Nov 10, 2019
oboyoooooo!!, devilpen oya blow my mind de go jare

1 Like

Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by Devilpen(m): 2:37pm On Nov 10, 2019
The Princess entered into the palace accompanied by three guards, She removed her viel and walked to the suspending water on the right corner of the palace and moved her hand through the water and drank from it, her body glowed through her viens and she sighed relieved.
"Father" She said, calling out to the hefty and well built man, having white beard and a band head.
"Ewa(Beauty) " The man replied with a husky voice which vibrated through the room and every pillar in it.
The King stood up, holding tight to his golden staff and banged it on the floor.
"What's wrong with you? "
"I came across the Alpha Bead, possessed by an ordinary peasant " Ewa said and three her viel at the guard behind her.
"Impossible " the king replied with a stern face. His eyes turned white followed by a thunder sound.
"Find him" the king ordered and pointed towards the door.

"Before he bounds well with it, we should get rid of him, we all know what the bead is capable of"

Akinyemi stood on a mountain top and look down from it, he smiled at the distance and moved seven steps backward.
"What are you doing? " The voice within him asked.
"Killing us, you want to take total dominance over me, you're just an animal" Akinyemi said and took a squat stance.
"Wait"
Akinyemi groaned in pain, as something left his body and next before him was a huge wolf standing gallantly and with a fierce look.
"We are meant to bond, you're my host, look, I'm the strongest of my kind, and I'm useless here on earth, I need someone to survive"
Akinyemi sighed and bit his lips
"So you could reason all this while, dies that mean earth is not alone"

"Yes" the Wolf said and turned around facing the open space and sat down, while Akinyemi sat beside him.
"There are seven major spiritual world, and about three hundred minors" the wolf concluded and turned it's head at Akinyemi.
"The Princess "
"Well, the beads are only meant for royals, that the cause I fought for, everyone is equal and I was sent off from my world, so I was attracted to your aura, I decided to bound with you, they'll stop at nothing to get you " The wolf said and laid down.
"Get up, Kokou (Yoruba God of War) is here" the wolf said and jumped into Akinyemi.

Akinyemi fell down and strained
"Next time warn me before going that" He said and stood up.

Distance before them, the cloud descended with full force and struck the earth.
"First, all fight are done in the mirror, so mere humans don't know about our existence " The wolf said.
"How?"
"Just allow me access to your body" The wolf said.

3 Likes

Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by sunkoye: 3:30pm On Nov 10, 2019
I love supernaturals....
Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by Cardiojosh(m): 6:58pm On Nov 10, 2019
This is great
Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by ewawumi(f): 10:48pm On Nov 10, 2019
germaphobe:
if u don't mind i don order henny for ur head ooo. And i dey front row in case u want jist mate. grin if u don't mind i don order henny for ur head ooo. And i dey front row in case u want jist mate.
Mind ke? For where?

1 Like

Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by ayshow6102(m): 11:34pm On Nov 10, 2019
I dey ready with my pop corn
Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by Devilpen(m): 3:35pm On Nov 11, 2019
Akinyemi's body transformed, adding height to him, his hand got covered with the blue spiral line, which glowed brightly, his eyes transformed into blue glowing orb, his ears also transformed into that of a wolf, except for the absence of hairs on it.

Kokou walked forward and grinned wickedly, and summoned out an axe from his right hand, and another on his left.
The palace guards rallied themselves up and immediately set out in search of Akinyemi, fully armed with all powers they would be needing.
Akinyemi held Kokou's right hand and knocked off the axe from his hand and used his elbow to give Kokou a hit on the jaw, making him stagger backward.
"Your pride won't let you choose your host, you're getting weaker, your politics won't keep you in Orun for ever" Akinyemi said and gave Kokou a strong upper cut on the jaw again

"Your host is strong, but does he knows you lied to him" Kokou said and wiped off the green blood on his mouth

"What does he mean? " Akinyemi asked from within
"That's his game, manipulation " The Wolf replied him and looked away from Kokou

"This is not manipulation, Mantis, we all know, the reason you choose a host before the right time, to have a power overload and what does that mean, total dominance " Kokou said and stretched his hand backward and made his axe come to him.
He grabbed the axe and swayed it around.
"Every Lords in Orun are coming for you" Kokou said and disappeared.

"Is it true, what he says" Akinyemi asked Mantis and took control over his body.
"It's, not ,I.. Can explain " Mantis replied
"Get out of my body " Akinyemi shouted and groaned loudly.
From his eyes and nose, blue wavy smokes came out and the bead fell off his palm.
"Lies everywhere" Akinyemi said and threw the bead into the river.

"There he is, fix him" The princess shouted leading her palace guard.
Akinyemi turned around and raised his hands up.
"Lies and trouble "

Chapter Two

1 Like

Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by Devilpen(m): 5:15pm On Nov 11, 2019
THIS IS BY THE WAY, JUST A LITTLE INTRO.

A WALK WITH THE DEVIL
Introduction
Jonathan gasped and jumped off from bed, sweating profusely, he wiped off the sweat and panted lowly.
He heard a whisper and quickly jumped off the bed, next was a cold touch on his feet.
"Show yourself " He said and spread out his wings which illuminated the entire room.
Standing before him was Clara, covered in sweat, all her body heavily drenched, and water dripped off her body.
"Clara" Jonathan said and stretched his hand at her face, which shot out from the image.
"Jonathan, when will you come for me, I'm in torment " Clara said and tears rolled down her cheeks.
"Clara" Jonathan said as she faded away.
"I'm no longer of hell, how do I come for you?"

Coming soon
Follow us on our facebook page @ www.facebook.com/primeinsaneuniverse
IG @ iuprime
Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by Devilpen(m): 7:02pm On Nov 11, 2019
Chapter Two

Akinyemi let out a loud cry as the guard pressed the hot metal on his back. The dark room, even like it was adding more pain to him. He even felt more pain as the spell that bound his hand into the ground gripped him tight.
"You See, Akinyemi " The King's voice came from the entrance, still his face was hidden in the dark.
"This thing of the Alpha bead is something you won't understand, it's for the royals, longs, lords, not for peasants " the king said and giggled
"Now where is the bead? "
Akinyemi sniffed and cursed beneath his breadth
"I lost it" he said and began crying due to the torture.
"Nobody losses the bead" The King said and cracked his knuckles " I can still feel the aura in you" He said and cracked his knuckles again.
"I swear by the gods of my father, I lost it"
The room suddenly glowed, the hands of the king illuminating very brightly, and out from the King's body a Coyote came out and stood beside him.
"You See this Coyote, has limited powers, I had silenced him long ago, human controlling beings from another realm, I dominated him" the king said and continued
"And the only reason for that is because he is from the lower realm, but here you are, with the third order power of the Alpha Wolf, strongest of its kind" the king said.
"True, he is not in you, but somehow I still feel that connection, if you don't tell me where the bead is, my face is the last thing you'd see "
"Please, I swear I threw it after Kokou fought with us" Akinyemi said and grinned in pain
"You've seen Kokou, the god of war, funny, and here I am, a King with just a Coyote " the king barked angrily and the door flew off it's frame, turning into total dust.
"The gods must be crazy, kill him"
The bead rised up from the river and spinned around and with the speed of light, it bolted off.
As the executioner raised up his axe to cut off Akinyemi's head, the bead hit him and immediately turned him into dust and transformed into a huge wolf.
"I did not beg for your help" Akinyemi said and spit on the ground.
"Your spirit called for me" Mantis said and robbed it's head against Akinyemi's shoulder.
"I'm a shepherd, when me sheep does that, it means they are sorry " Akinyemi said.
"Yes, I'm sorry, I hope we can make things up" Mantis said calmly.
"Come in" Akinyemi said.
Mantis smiled and jumped into Akinyemi's body and immediately the spell chain broke off.

1 Like

Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by xaviercasmir(m): 7:16pm On Nov 11, 2019
Your works are always cool boss . keep it up
Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by skubido(m): 9:56pm On Nov 11, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by Smithwilliams826: 7:15am On Nov 12, 2019
I just love the kind of stories u post. Keep it up. Pen.
Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by germaphobe(m): 12:10pm On Nov 12, 2019
ride on bro, the stories are getting more and more real with each post and update.
Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by Dathypebruv(m): 10:02am On Nov 13, 2019
Been a ghostreader buh this one pass me ooo... Devilpen you the ' BOSS '...

oya leggo,Front-row tins.... Pop-corn and cooooold Pepsin for efribody on Front row,bills on me cheesy
Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by Devilpen(m): 2:19pm On Nov 13, 2019
CHAPTER TWO
Akinyemi sat at the edge of a rock, watching over his sheeps in the vast pasture as they grazed. He sighed and laid his staff beside and from him Mantis came out and sat beside him.
"Never in the history of bonding has what happened between both of us ever happened " Mantis said and sat down beside Akinyemi.
"But us it true, you came to rule or for some power overload " Akinyemi asked calmly
"Before that was my goal, the gods your father served has become corrupt except from few of us"
"How? "
Mantis blinked his eyes and stood up

"Somehow, humans began making deals with gods, promising them relics they could not lay their hands on, soon, darkness filled our world, leadership there became a power overload, so I decided to begin cleaning from Orun, and my people rebelled, killed all my followers and chained me down"
Mantis sighed again and moved closer to the edge.
"When I got here, the darkness was much, the wrong person on the throne, until the throne is returned to the rightful owner, only then will balance be between all worlds and realm. "
Akinyemi stood up and rolled his staff.
"That's why the king wants you to be his own"
"Come, I want to show you something " Mantis said and dived into Akinyemi.
"May the eyes be opened"
The twisted forest which looked like a dead end suddenly made a path for itself, Akinyemi followed carefully behind Mantis, entering, Akinyemi opened his mouth widely at the complex design, one would think it was a dead forest but here was a mighty structure in the inside, the most beautiful designs he was seeing.
Before them were millions of statues standing before them, each have golden crown on their heads.
"Mantis, where is this? "
"All Kings that has ruled and the present ones, here we can know who truly is and should be king, but all king makers are dead, so only the strong now rules " Mantis said and ran against the wall and leaped across to the second floor.
"Come on" Mantis said mockingly.
Akinyemi smiled and dashed against the wall, doing a run on it, he leaped across and grabbed the edge of the broken floor, and pulled himself up.
"You have skills" Mantis said and shaked his head.
Standing above the statues, Mantis fixed his gaze on the smallest human Statue.
"That's him, he's just 18" Mantis said in pity. "I have been dealing with life since 8 and I'm just 14 , so " Akinyemi said and looked at the statue.
"How come? "
"My father was a soldier, went to battle and never saw him, mother was cursed by the gods and died of leprosy ".
"I'm sorry "
"Don't be, the gods does as they please, corrupt entities, I'm not surprised since they want to kill their own"

From the entrance three huge soldiers came in, having red spiral lines on their hand, and a glowing red scar running for the right eye to the left cheek.
"Something is wrong" Akinyemi said and quickly Mantis jumped into him.
Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by skubido(m): 8:17pm On Nov 13, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by JAOS(m): 12:22pm On Nov 14, 2019
ACTION TIME!
Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by Devilpen(m): 8:31pm On Nov 14, 2019
Akinyemi hid himself beside a statue and his wolf ears twitched, picking up movements around. He stood alert and remained calm as a guard walked pass him slowly, Akinyemi quickly kicked the knee joint of the guard and snapped his neck.
"Wait, did we just kill him, I've never killed a human in my life" Akinyemi said calmly, and began losing connection with Mantis.
"Calm, these ones were dead already, concentrate " Mantis said from within.
A guard suddenly grabbed Akinyemi by the back and slammed him against a statue, breaking it into pieces, the second guard heard the noise and dashed towards the direction, leaping from one statue to another.
The first guard, raised the head of the broken statue and slammed it on Akinyemi's back.
"Do something " Akinyemi shouted in pain and rolled on the ground.
"You're not giving me access"
The first guard smiled wickedly and summoned out a red glowing sword from the spiral in his hand.
Akinyemi stretched his blue hand to the guard and suddenly laser blasted out from his hand, through the spiral, and hit the guard turning him into dust.
"Great" Mantis said from within, already in control, he did a flip and stood firmly on the ground.
The last guard jumped from top of the statur behind Akinyemi. Quickly Akinyemi turned around and grabbed him by the neck and slammed him to the ground, picked him up again and blew his face.
"By the power in me, I command you to state your mission" Akinyemi said and placed his palm on the chest of the guard.
"King Jire sent us, to kill the boy and then others to look for the true king and end him also "
"And where can we find the king"
"At Liberty, report has it he works there as a black Smith " The guard said and suddenly went into shock then died.
"Things just got complicated " Mantis said and jumped out.
"Somehow, so let's get going, I hope I don't die in an adventure, for someone else" Akinyemi said and picked up his staff.
"What about your sheeps "
"June, my dog will take care of them "

1 Like

Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by Devilpen(m): 12:32am On Nov 15, 2019
ONLY I LEVEL UP
A FAST INTRO To Volume Three, Coming Soon
.Introduction

Dawn dashed among the woods, swiftly She jumped over a fallen tree and twisted her body around, catching a glimpse of the beast that chased her, she only saw the feet, stomping the ground behind her in annoyance.
She shaked her head to send the sweat on her face off, She panted heavily and quickly slide under a ťree and in the next few seconds, the tree was broken into halves, sending pieces before her.
"They left me all alone" She cursed and channeled dark war into her feet and gained more boost to propel her forward.

Jude showed up on her left, also running, he smiled as he saw Dawn already looking exhausted.
He smiled and ran up to Dawn.
"You can do better Aunty, it's just a metal ostrich " He said and suddenly dashed off, leaving Dawn behind.
"Argh" Dawn shouted and summoned out her metal jaguar bow and pulled the string, and immediately an arrow formed on it, having a sharp curved edge.
She found her feet on a rock and did a flip, facing the metal ostrich, she released the string of the bow, immediately the arrow was freed, t he curvy edge became straight and FAARPP! it found a spot of the middle head of the ostrich
"Ostrich speed gained, no metal point gained, no metal Geno point gained " the voice said within her
"Exhausted "

Follow Prime Insane Universe @ www.facebook.com/primeinsaneuniverse
IG @ iuprime
Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by Devilpen(m): 2:41pm On Nov 16, 2019
Update will not be coming Anytime soon, The company's phone e yaff spoil.
Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by oppsyij: 11:17pm On Nov 17, 2019
Devilpen:
Update will not be coming Anytime soon, The company's phone e yaff spoil.

no bring that one ooo
Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by Devilpen(m): 1:16pm On Nov 20, 2019
Three guards entered into the palace, each having a red glowing spiral on their hands and knelt before the king
Seated beside the King was the Princess, having a deadly look on her face, her sharp glowing sword laying before her.
"Did you kill him? " She asked with a stern tone.
"Your Highness, somehow the boy managed to escape " the guard in the middle said calmly, trying not to annoy either the king or the Princess
"He killed my best soldiers " The King muttered and stood up from his throne.
"What about the other boy? "
"We are prepared, our source told us he is in Liberty Town " another guard replied.
"Get out from my face"
Akinyemi alighted his horse, standing on the mountain top, he squinted his eyes and sighed at the overview of Liberty Village and climbed back on his horse.
"How do we find him, this city is large" Akinyemi asked and geared his horse forward.
"I don't know, let's get there first, I'm hungry" Mantis said and growled softly within Akinyemi.
"Do gods eat? "
"Not necessary, but we won't be able to function well in a fight " Mantis said and jumped out.
"Are you leaving me? "
"No, I can't hunt without my host " Mantis said and stood in front of the horse.
"No not Duru ".
Entering into Liberty Village, Akinyemi sighted a familiar face, someone from the palace guards, quickly he made his way through the crowd, trailing the guard from distance, so as not to raise any suspicion.
"The guards are here, seems they know who we are after" Akinyemi said to Mantis, who was already fast asleep within him.
Akinyemi grabbed his staff, holding it tightly, as he watched the guard enter into a hut.
"Mantis wake up"
"I'm always awake, just a quick nap" Mantis said in a whispering voice.
Akinyemi stood in hiding about thirty minutes, patiently waiting for what next.
A man in black hood came out from the tent, followed by the guards, just that they dressed in normal attire.
"Who is that? " Mantis asked calmly
"How am I to know, we have to follow"
The guards walked into another hut, about twenty minutes trek from the former one.
A guard stood before the boy zipped to a chair, bleeding hard from his face.
"We found him, I await your orders to kill him and be done with him" the guard said and rolled his machete in the air.
The man in the hood, pulled it off and smiled wickedly at the boy.
"The face of the lineage that sent me into exile" the man said and summoned out an axe from his left hand.
"Let me have this one last pleasure if killing him" The man said and let out a wicked grin.

1 Like

Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by germaphobe(m): 6:27pm On Nov 20, 2019
welcome back bro, don't stay away for too long again unless u wan make person die of suspense.
Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by Devilpen(m): 6:38pm On Nov 20, 2019
germaphobe:
welcome back bro, don't stay away for too long again unless u wan make person die of suspense.
I'm not yet back o. no person mobile I borrow o
Re: Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers by germaphobe(m): 9:31pm On Nov 20, 2019
Devilpen:
I'm not yet back o. no person mobile I borrow o
oluwa go provide for you

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Hottest Thief! ( When She Married The "Love"of Her Life..) / The Great War / Patron Of Matrimony (the Complete Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.