Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,844 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? (39946 Views)

SEUN Had 2 Brain-Child But Only One Became Famous {OLD SCREENSHOTS} / Ozibo Ekele Graduates From University Of Ibadan With CGPA Of 6.6 Breaks Record / Folafoluwa Oginni Graduates From Heterfordshire University With 5.0 CGPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Jueds(m): 3:00pm On Dec 13, 2019
Pls I'm a student of Microbiology in one of the Nigeria universities. I had 2.80 as CGPA in my first semester in 100 level. And first class has been my goal. Can I still make it to the Top? Pls I need your advise. Because it is a technology school where I'm using 5yrs.

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by dejt4u(m): 3:25pm On Dec 13, 2019
Jueds:
Pls I'm a student of Microbiology in one of the Nigeria universities. I had 2.80 as CGPA in my first semester in 100 level. And first class has been my goal. Can I still make it to the Top? Pls I need your advise. Because it is a technology school where I'm using 5yrs.
No, you can't. You can still get 2:1 though through hard work

140 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 13, 2019
Jueds:
You should still be able to make first class. You're what in what level and semester now? Do you use 4 or 5 points for grading in your school?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by edoairways: 3:37pm On Dec 13, 2019
Settle for 2.1 nothing more nothing less

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by dejt4u(m): 5:30pm On Dec 13, 2019
gensteejay:

You should still be able to make first class. You're what in what level and semester now? Do you use 4 or 5 points for grading in your school?
no. Don't give him false hope. all info you seek have been supplied by the OP

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by OneCorner: 6:23pm On Dec 13, 2019
You can. Very very possible

16 Likes

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by samtol4(m): 6:43pm On Dec 13, 2019
Nothing is impossible but sincerely chances are slim . Just aim higher for the first class and Let see what happens

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by deltateam: 7:58pm On Dec 13, 2019
dejt4u:
No, you can't. You can still get 2:1 though through hard work

Hardwork underlined coupled with hard labour.

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by HeadNigga: 8:23pm On Dec 13, 2019
Focus more on making it in life...

159 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:54pm On Dec 13, 2019
Jueds:
It's possible, but in your own case, I don't see that happening. From what I'm seeing, even 2:1 will be a miracle. Just put in your best, success in life is not determined by your grade. I wish you all the best.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Ay04z(m): 11:14pm On Dec 13, 2019
Simple Be scoring A in All ur course. Till u graduate. In worst case. Just 2 B. In all semesters. Read like mumu. Write every damn tin d lecturer is saying during. Lectures.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Zabiboy: 6:56am On Dec 14, 2019
Ay04z:
Simple Be scoring A in All ur course. Till u graduate. In worst case. Just 2 B. In all semesters. Read like mumu. Write every damn tin d lecturer is saying during. Lectures.

Oga....
School now is not about how u read or going to lectures bla bla bla...
Its mostly about 2 things
1) Remembrance memory....cz u can read like mumu nd still not remember sum things wen u enta hall

2) lecturers.....i wont say much here...but any undergraduate or fresh graduate would know wat m talking about....back then in my year 2 i had a lecturer who made it clear 7k or fail d course....our best student den nd sum churchy people tot he wz joking nd dey all failed. Nobody tell dem d next year to ready their 7k

So OP Just do ur best nd remember to improve urslef with alot of skills so it would boost ur opportunities.....there wz a set where their best student graduated with 2:2...nigerian companies were looking at his grades but a professor abroad wz ready to resign unless he was employed nd till date his coursemates still gives him stuffs to help them with....so b d best version of urself..school doesnt 100% determines ur progress.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 14, 2019
Zabiboy:

Oga....
School now is not about how u read or going to lectures bla bla bla...
Its mostly about 2 things
1) Remembrance memory....cz u can read like mumu nd still not remember sum things wen u enta hall

2) lecturers.....i wont say much here...but any undergraduate or fresh graduate would know wat m talking about....back then in my year 2 i had a lecturer who made it clear 7k or fail d course....our best student den nd sum churchy people tot he wz joking nd dey all failed. Nobody tell dem d next year to ready their 7k

So OP Just do ur best nd remember to improve urslef with alot of skills so it would boost ur opportunities.....there wz a set where their best student graduated with 2:2...nigerian companies were looking at his grades but a professor abroad wz ready to resign unless he was employed nd till date his coursemates still gives him stuffs to help them with....so b d best version of urself..school doesnt 100% determines ur progress.
Abeg, What are you saying now, 1. We all know brilliancy isn't equal in everyone, there is variation to intelligence, some tends to be more brilliant than the others, so if the OP want to meet up with his mates in first class(who probably are very more brilliant than him), then he has to spend more time reading than the brilliant ones, ie read like mumu, right from the beginning of the semester, in other to catch up.
2. What you stated there is 1/1000 probability of failing, it's very rear, and I might happen though especially in the past, but now university lecturer easily get sacked, so most of them are afraid of extorting students. And he isn't talking about being the best in his department with 2.2, he said he wants to be a first class graduate, apart from the joy in having such result, he stand a chance of getting a good job in less than a year after his service.

So, to the OP, we all know some people can read and understand a comprehensive passage once, but you know you have to read such passage 3 to 4 time to catch up with such persons, you just need to spend more time in class, studying(right from the beginning of the semester), attend all lectures, read wide and understand and pray alot, you need to be God fearing.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by OgaBuhari: 8:10am On Dec 14, 2019
how can u graduate with first class when u engage on too much of facebook and BBnaija?
now see the kind poor result where u get?
dude just drop out and go learn handwork cos there is no assurance your other semester's result will still be better cos Education no be for everybody and it seems u are among such.

I just pity your poor struggling parents.

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Bigcowhorn: 8:11am On Dec 14, 2019
OgaBuhari:
how can u graduate with first class when u engage on too much of facebook and BBnaija?
now see the kind poor result where u get?
dude just drop out and go learn handwork cos there is no assurance your other semester's result will still be better cos Education no be for everybody and it seems u are among such.

I just pity your poor struggling parents.

Trash

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by OgaBuhari: 8:13am On Dec 14, 2019
Ay04z:
exactly! if possible record am sef

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Bigcowhorn: 8:14am On Dec 14, 2019
OgaBuhari:
exactly! if possible record am sef

Shut up

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by OgaBuhari: 8:18am On Dec 14, 2019

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Bigcowhorn: 8:21am On Dec 14, 2019
OgaBuhari:
God fearing or Allah fearing? cos those two entities are entirely different

Shut up ooo. You no sabi shit

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 14, 2019
OgaBuhari:
God fearing or Allah fearing? cos those two entities are entirely different
He Allah is One, Allah is Eternal, He Begot not nor is he Begotten, and No one Can be compared with him.
In summary, Allah (Arabic) is The only God(English)

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by engrjosefz(m): 8:31am On Dec 14, 2019
You can still come out with a good grade like 2.1,

But you must first Discover your track, cos it's only a fööl who does things the same way every time and expect a different Result.

You can change your clique of friends and find the High flying students in your department/level and mingle with.

You can also change your reading time and Pattern,

You could gather PQs and also study wide by consulting Online/Textbooks.

A few mistakes 100L students make first year in school is Their inability to Understand the system of the school, and also lack of proper orientation.

Put in your best and also Pray Fervently.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by jatikun: 9:16am On Dec 14, 2019
SINGLE, LONELY AND DESIRE TRUE LOVE? YOU CANT AFFORD TO SPEND THIS DECEMBER WITH YOUR TRUE LOVE. OYA CONNECT NOW ON PLATFORM OF LOVE!

If true love is like a music to your soul and truly READY to settle down with a sensiBoo, ResponsiBoo, loveaBoo, reliaBoo, tangiBoo, perfectiBoo or AdmiraBoo? man of your dreams

If you really want this December to be your last month of being single and enter 2020 with serious relationship just like connected couples on our platform of love who either married, engaged or in serious relationships.....

Then message the ADMIN ON WHATSAPP OR TELEGRAM on 0-8-1-6-3-4-2-9-6-1-5 to get your details verified and connect you with a potential soulmate

PLEASE NOTE THIS: If you are not ready for serious relationship of marriage or looking for sugar mummy, daddy, daughter, or son. This is not the platform at all!

ADMIN HAS NEVER CHARGED ANYONE A KOBO FOR MATCHMAKING ON THE PLATFORM OF LOVE..

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by CyberEBOLA(m): 9:16am On Dec 14, 2019
IF YOU GRADUATE WITH FIRSTCLASS, LET ME BEND

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Appswheel(m): 9:17am On Dec 14, 2019
level are you?

During my time at Unilorin, I had CGPA of 2.8X... (cant remember the exact point now) in my 200L, I was studying Mechanical Engineering.

I graduated with a 2.1.

You are not likely to hit a first class.... 2.1 is still possible, if you make friends with the A's.

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Donkelzy(m): 9:17am On Dec 14, 2019
You can't even if you score A through out cuz it's practically impossible, highest you can make is second class upper

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Metrofox(m): 9:17am On Dec 14, 2019
of course,anyone can get a first class ticket on an airline irrespective of their grades ,thank me later cool
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by Slymonster(m): 9:17am On Dec 14, 2019
First class starts from 100 level. You miss it, you miss it forever. If you were atleast in 4 point. You can get it but for 2 point. Just try for 2.1

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by umarshehu58(m): 9:18am On Dec 14, 2019
You can't. Mayb you can. Score nothing less than A in all your courses till you graduate
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by nanauju(f): 9:18am On Dec 14, 2019
Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by darlenese(f): 9:18am On Dec 14, 2019
hell no

Re: I Had 2.80 As CGPA Can I Still Have First Class? by chloride6: 9:18am On Dec 14, 2019
Chai...

Lamentations of a fresher

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

When You Have Failed Jamb Six Times And Preparing To Take The Seventh One. / Three Abia State University Lecturers Die On The Same Day / Pictures Only Medical Students Can Relate To

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1