Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War (44736 Views)

Okpanam Killings: Ohanaeze Moves Against Reprisal Attacks On Igbos In North / Buhari And Osinbajo On “The Candidates” (Live Updates) / Nnamdi Kanu On Igbos With Yoruba Pastors. (throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by maybanks: 7:06am On May 31, 2020
10 Memorable Quotes Of Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War.

*..........Three watchwords matter: fairness, equity and justice." - Osinbajo

1. "The Igbo apprenticeship system has been cited as the biggest business incubator in the world and the Southeast is the birthplace of Nollywood; our film industry which has achieved global renown on the strength of the creativity and imagination of young Nigerians."

2. "One of our errors in times past has been our inability to appropriate the positive aspects of the Civil War legacy such as the spirit of innovation and self-reliance that inspired technological feats in extreme circumstances even here in this museum. Within that period, our people manufactured weapons and tools for refining crude."

3. "I think there is no greater evidence of how firmly we have closed ranks as a people than the fact that industrialists of this region (South East) are today equipping our nation’s Armed Forces."

4. "Setbacks and adversity are as integral to a nation’s journey as they are to human existence as a whole. But we have also known hope and victory, we should not on account of the disappointments we have suffered, give up on our collective possibilities and on each other."

5. "The ties that bind us have survived the most intense disagreement we have ever known as a people and it resulted in the Civil War."

6. "Brothers and sisters, no human relationship is perfect and no nation is received or conceived in ideal circumstances. All polities, no matter how good they look today, are imperfect and only through the labours of their members are they perfected."

7. "It is true that we are not where we want to be, but we have not been standing still either, our country is very much, a work in progress. The attainment of peace and justice is not an event, but a process and a journey."

8. "In 2017, this administration paid the accumulated arrears of pensions owed to retired war-affected ex-Biafran Police, who have been pardoned since 2000. This was more than a gesture of good faith, it demonstrates our belief in fairness and justice and our conviction that we can only move forward together."

9. "We must build a country devoid of any form of discrimination and marginalization. This is the ideal to which we must strive. However, we cannot prosecute this struggle with weapons of bigotry and hatred. Our tools for creating the country we want, have to be those of empathy and a willingness to invest effort in understanding each other."

10. "All of us must also be mindful of the sacrifice that unity calls for; it means that those of us in power must understand that the bitterness of the loser when the winner takes it all, will ultimately swallow all including the winner. Three watchwords matter: fairness, equity and justice."

https://www.yemiosinbajo.ng/townhall-meeting-commemorating-50-years-after-end-of-nigerian-civil-war/

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by Nobody: 7:09am On May 31, 2020
Ndi Igbo kwenu...Ndi Biafra kwenuuu ooooooo.

FTC shocked I dedicate this feat to my fellow Biafra's, 6 Jul 1967 – 15 Jan 1970 still fresh in my mind..I thank mama for believing in me,I thank seûn for creating Nairaland,I thank Mtn/Airtel for free data, I thank all football betting crew especially Tolu121, Ogwuego kaycee125, ikpunnegi and other newbies...I love u all..please shower me with likes cool

301 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by OgundeleTeju: 7:10am On May 31, 2020
��

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by Enoch07: 7:10am On May 31, 2020
just talk and more talk

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by ghettokid1(m): 7:11am On May 31, 2020
Shitty matters vp

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by Nobody: 7:14am On May 31, 2020
ghettokid1:
Shitty matters vp

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by jen4r: 7:15am On May 31, 2020
👌 OK..

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by athaboi(f): 7:17am On May 31, 2020
Osi bobo is not a bad nigga, he just found himself in the mist of wrong ganga stars but rather than cause any trouble, he jejely opted to just be receiving his salary and other incredible allowances

214 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by OgundeleTeju: 7:18am On May 31, 2020
ghettokid1:
Shitty matters vp
just tell me what have you gained from your unpleasant rubbish you called a comment?

111 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by OgundeleTeju: 7:20am On May 31, 2020
This is an obvious indication that Osinbajo is not a Vp for the Southwest but a Vp for the entire tribe.l love this man so much

174 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by OgundeleTeju: 7:21am On May 31, 2020
Enoch07:
just talk and more talk
He doesn’t talk out of point,his talks are always relevant

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by OgundeleTeju: 7:24am On May 31, 2020
athaboi:
Osi bobo is not a bad nigga, he just found himself in the mist of wrong ganga stars but rather than cause any trouble, he jejely opted to just be receiving his salary and other incredible allowances
He is not just receiving his salaries but also very helpful in this administration and also deligent in his office.such a man is rare

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by TheRareGem1(f): 7:28am On May 31, 2020
Osinbajo is an advocate of peace, one Nigeria and unity. He single handedly settle the bad vibe in South South which stoped oil vandalism and cleanup ogoni community (employ the youths of ogoni in the cleaning up) and empower the women in Ogoni land.
Osinbajo is for Nigeria and not the Southwest alone.
He's not a tribal bigot. He's goal is making Nigeria a better place for all.

165 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by ScotMisile: 7:29am On May 31, 2020
" The labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain" .

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by Haboki1990: 7:30am On May 31, 2020
No presidency for him in 2023.. SW should rest and allow SE to take a shot at it..otherwise, presidency goes back to the north in 2023 cheesy cheesy

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by Enoch07: 7:30am On May 31, 2020
OgundeleTeju:
He doesn’t talk out of point,his talks are always relevant
exactly where is this relevant talk taking you to?

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by Redoil: 7:32am On May 31, 2020
what is the essence of This your post

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by TheRareGem1(f): 7:34am On May 31, 2020
Truth cannot be left untold, osinbajo is one of the top official that is busy since the fight against pandemic. He heads meetings and Committees

athaboi:

19 Likes

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by TheRareGem1(f): 7:39am On May 31, 2020
Is your father proud of what you have become?
Using vulgar language on someone's father

ghettokid1:
Shitty matters vp

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by Ayangalu2019(m): 7:41am On May 31, 2020
Osinbajo the man of the people. I single handedly picked out these as my own favorite quotes of all....

The last fifty years belonged to us, but the next fifty years belong to our children and their children and we have a responsibility to unshackle them from the ghosts of ancient grudges and grievances.~ VP Osinbajo

117 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by okefranci: 7:41am On May 31, 2020
I have never seen a busy vice president of Nigeria �� since the inception of democracy like that of Osinbajo, he's always busy to see nigerians are happy �

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by mrvitalis(m): 7:41am On May 31, 2020
athaboi:
A good nigga would have resigned as a way to protest

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by Ayangalu2019(m): 7:43am On May 31, 2020
ghettokid1:
Shitty matters vp
I pray you recover your lost senses

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by okefranci: 7:43am On May 31, 2020
ghettokid1:
Shitty matters vp
Even as your name implies " ghetto" meaning you are from ghetto and someone like you is not worthy of complaining as your brain is not working well

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by Nobody: 7:45am On May 31, 2020
Umu Igbo, Umu Chineke, Ngozi umu uwa

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by okefranci: 7:45am On May 31, 2020
athaboi:
He's not there just to receive salary as you claimed but there to work and he has been working tirelessly

19 Likes

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by Deputy1111(m): 7:46am On May 31, 2020
Osinbajo is the VP for every Nigerians, not only for South West or Northerners. We must see ourselves as one body, one nation.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by Deputy1111(m): 7:47am On May 31, 2020
ghettokid1:
Shitty matters vp
Continue rolling that your shitty mouth, ode

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by okefranci: 7:48am On May 31, 2020
Enoch07:

exactly where is this relevant talk taking you to?
You may ask google if you haven't found his talking relevant

9 Likes

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by okefranci: 7:49am On May 31, 2020
Enoch07:
just talk and more talk
But his talk is relevant nah

11 Likes

Re: Osinbajo On Igbos, Biafra And The Civil War by firo08(m): 7:53am On May 31, 2020
athaboi:
He has won your heart with just mere quotes

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Air Force Displays Air Defence Weapon, Test Fires Locally Made Rockets. Photos / Buhari Meets With German Chancellor, Angela Merkel / Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.