Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,237 members, 7,936,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:06 AM

Lets Increase Our Bandwidth Speed By At Least 20% - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Lets Increase Our Bandwidth Speed By At Least 20% (25466 Views)

OMG!!! TOO Slow!!!...increase WIFI Speed By Choosing The Right Channel / How To Increase Your 2g, 3g And Wifi Internet Speed By 200% In Android.. / Windows 8 Eats Up Bandwidth/data unInformed , Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Increase Our Bandwidth Speed By At Least 20% by femi4: 5:17pm On Apr 28, 2011
Here's a simple little thing you can do to increase your bandwidth by at least 20%.

Ok here we go, 

1.) log on as Administrator.

2.) start - run - type gpedit.msc

3.) expand "local computer policy"

4.) then expand "administrative templates"

5.) then expand "network branch"

6.) Highlight/double click the "QoS Packet Scheduler"

7.) on right window double click "limit reservable bandwidth"

8.) on setting tab check the "enabled"

9.) change "Bandwidth limit %" to 0

You're done.It would be a good idea to reboot after this.

Why did we do that? Simple, Windows is silently eating 20% of your bandwidth. I emphasize on the word “silently” - Remember it says:

“Determines the percentage of connection bandwidth that the system can reserve. This value limits the combined bandwidth reservations of all programs running on the system.

By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20 percent of the bandwidth of a connection, but you can use this setting to override the default.

If you enable this setting, you can use the "Bandwidth limit" box to adjust the amount of bandwidth the system can reserve.

If you disable this setting or do not configure it, the system uses the default value of 20 percent of the connection.

Important: If a bandwidth limit is set for a particular network adapter in the registry, this setting is ignored when configuring that network adapter.”

Enjoy!
Re: Lets Increase Our Bandwidth Speed By At Least 20% by doziej84: 3:04pm On Apr 29, 2011
FEMI 4, I USE A VISTA HOME EDITION AND CANT FING GPEDIT.MSC IN MY SYSTEM, I DON FIND AM TIRE
HW CAN I LOCATE IT OR IS THERE AN ALTERNATIVE TO LOCATE THE QOS PACKET SCHEDULER AND CONFIGURE IT.

THANKS EXPECTING UR REPLY
Re: Lets Increase Our Bandwidth Speed By At Least 20% by uthamaputi: 5:29am On Nov 19, 2011
Really this tips increasing internet speed is very useful, My internet speed is basically slow.So i have searched through online to get more internet speed increasing tips manually, I got this here,i followed it, My speed increased.I have checked my internet speed at www.ip-details.com now it's fine.My uploading speed is 0.776Mbps and Downloading speed is 1.47Mbps Really it's super for my 2Mbps connection.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Unable to Sign In to My Hotmail Account / Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop / How To Get The 3digit CVV2 Code Of A Verve Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.