Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,865 members, 7,959,718 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 04:48 AM

Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects (7722 Views)

Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi Road, Pledges Completion In Seven Months (Photos) / Wike Inspects Rail Transport Project, First Official Assignment / Wike Inspects Rebisi Flyover Bridge In Port Harcourt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by CapitalLens: 8:35pm On Sep 26
CALL ON THE CONTRACTORS TO DELIVER ON SCHEDULE

1. The FCT Minister, Barrister Ezenwo Nyesom Wike on Thursday, September 26, 2024 inspected the ongoing Apo-Karshi Road project as well as the newly awarded emergency rehabilitation of the Nyanya-Karshi road project with a call on the contractors to deliver on time.

2. Speaking with journalists after the inspection, Barrister Wike who said that the Apo-Karshi Road project was very dear to the Administration, expressed doubt that the Contractor – Messr Kakatar, could deliver on the April 2025 deadline as promised by the contractor.

3. He said, “We thought that within seven months they ought to have completed but unfortunately the contractor could not move to site because of some procurement processes. But thank God we have passed that stage now and they have also been mobilised.

4. “I still have my doubts, I will not lie to you, but the contractors are insisting that by April they would have completed this project. It is a project that is very dear to us. We know the importance of this road. So many people are eager to see that this road is completed on time so that it will ease off a lot of traffic. It will also boost the economic activities in this area.

5. “So let us give them (the contractor) the benefit of doubt and believe that they will play their own part. On our own part, we are doing what we are supposed to do. The funds are there to be given to them.

6. “And we believe that they should put more efforts. If I come back here again and see that they have improved on what we have seen on ground today, I will tell the treasury department to release further funds to them, but for now let’s watch them because we are very serious about this project”.

7. The Minister who said that government is a continuum, stressed that the benefit of moving on with the project far out weights the implication of abandoning it because of the myriads of issues surrounding the award of the project and the work being done, adding that the benefits for people were government’s main priority.

8. He said, “There a lot of things that happened in the award of this project but we try to move on and let people not think we are playing politics, but it wasn’t good at all, I can tell you that. But we have no choice than to see that the people do not suffer”.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by naten: 9:00pm On Sep 26
Without any unreasonable is doing well for himself

3 Likes

Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by Salewa97: 9:01pm On Sep 26
Wike, the man with the Midas touch

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by vanitybutiwanti: 9:13pm On Sep 26
My man is back to wearing his white on white

He is teaching the neophytes how to govern using the media effectively.

Otti and the rest have tried to adopt his style of flagging off, commissioning, and project inspections but they can't meet up grin

Not a day passes by without ' wike ' being in the news, his detractors and his supporters equally look out for his appearance in the media, in fact, if wike is not in the news, people think there's a problem.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by yarimo(m): 10:51pm On Sep 26
After El RUFAI, WIKE is the best minister in history of that ministry

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by OgaTheTop2: 10:51pm On Sep 26
smiley
Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by Lordjiggs09(m): 10:52pm On Sep 26
Good.
Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by Smithkafors(m): 10:53pm On Sep 26
Keep deceiving una self…. This was exactly what Amechi did for 8yrs.

I don’t know if you guys are under spell.

Jess!!!.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by codemaniacs: 10:53pm On Sep 26
When last did Sanwo olu, dapo abiodun, Makinde, Adeleke, Ondo governor inspect and commission any projects...

Even t:inubu does not have any project...

3 Likes

Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by Olivsz: 10:54pm On Sep 26
Please assist me to survive this moment, it's very critical and have lost all hopes. lots of challenges from one problem to another. Haven't get another job and to eat or even TP to follow up my appointments are hard, I'm really depressed. Assist me for God sake, God bless you more.

Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by Anither563: 10:54pm On Sep 26
This is leadership in action. God bless Nigeria for ever!

36 Likes

Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by NewDea4: 10:54pm On Sep 26
[quote author=CapitalLens post=132176379][/quote]

Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by AbujaLagos: 10:54pm On Sep 26
Smithkafors:

Jess!!!.
what's your point

6 Likes

Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by Kingju: 10:54pm On Sep 26
yarimo:
After El RUFAI, WIKE is the best minister in history of that ministry

I agree

5 Likes

Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by softtorce: 10:56pm On Sep 26
Tinubu should appoint Wike as finance minister n that interior minister as CBN governor n lock up both Cardoso n Edu in jail with Emefiele.

7 Likes

Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by HAPPINESSWEALTH(f): 10:57pm On Sep 26
we are waiting for the finish products.

we love Princess FChukwu
Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by Krankhead: 10:58pm On Sep 26
Smithkafors:

Jess!!!.
prophet of doom . Go drink Gaari

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by Ben19jdba: 10:59pm On Sep 26
;
Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by Beno1jdbda: 11:00pm On Sep 26
:-

1 Like

Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by trutharena: 11:02pm On Sep 26
Good one.
Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by Treasure17(m): 11:03pm On Sep 26
Nothing reasonable to inspect. If it's not road it will be drainages.
Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by gidigbam1: 11:06pm On Sep 26
You are joking. Wike has surpassed El-Rufai's performance in just one year. What are you talking about? El-Rufai didn't come close. Do you know how many projects he completed within 8 months? Its unprecedented in the history of Nigeria. Not even Donald Duke in Cross River delivered projects this fast.

Let the haters and wailers keep hating on him for not supporting an Agulu fraud that didn't deliver anything in 8 years but invested the money in his bank and beer company to earned profits to his private pockets. If only other Ministers are performing like him, we won't be complaining. He did the same in River's state with zero pothole in the whole of Port Harcourt.

Kingju:

I agree

8 Likes

Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by Kokorokoman9ja: 11:07pm On Sep 26
Good one wike.

Men, check my signature.
Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by prolificsoul(m): 11:12pm On Sep 26
Good evening fellow nairanders, Sorry i vividly know this isnt right place to ask such question, admin please forgive me.....
i paid #100,000 on this laptop* ACER ASPIRE, PLEASE My people , was i cheated on, or is it a good deal, the seller told me the battery can last upto ten hours.

did i made right choice or was i finesse. thanks for your replies
Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by abobote: 11:13pm On Sep 26
Wike is working. I was in Abuja last two weeks and I was impressed

4 Likes

Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by GiftedHands247(m): 11:19pm On Sep 26
Interesting
Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by chukwuibuipob: 11:19pm On Sep 26
cool Wike don scale through.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by Dalohad: 11:20pm On Sep 26
He don enter 'work mode' because Balablu wan re-shuffle cabinet. cheesy
Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by Wickedfact: 11:22pm On Sep 26
Smithkafors:

Jess!!!.

Okafor, please keep shut.
What do you know about good governance?
Stick to celebrating gutters and hailing signboards.

5 Likes

Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by Wickedfact: 11:25pm On Sep 26
Treasure17:
Nothing reasonable to inspect. If it's not road it will be drainages.

In Abia, they nearly made Otti a god because he built drainages.

So, what nonsense are you on about?

4 Likes

Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by Thisis2raw(m): 11:37pm On Sep 26
The man of the people
Re: Wike Inspects Apo-Karshi, Nyanya–Karshi Road Projects by Perfectnumber6(m): 11:37pm On Sep 26
Tell him to go.Bleep emself..

(1) (2) (Reply)

I’m Alive, Says Maryam Babangida / This 63-year-old Grandma Is So Hot She Will Make Your Man Trip / Bayo Onanuga: Atiku Now PDP’s Divider-In-Chief, Incapable Of Winning

Viewing this topic: Prinyebabe(f), lunacol(m), Almunjid(m), V9cypha(m), tonyissey1(m), katchagboro(m), ZolotuaLorenzo(m), NwaMaziIzuogu(m), IDRISb810f and 32 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.