Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,417 members, 7,961,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 08:36 PM

Best Place To Locate An Independent TV Studio? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Best Place To Locate An Independent TV Studio? (801 Views)

Independent Television (ITV) Benin, Burnt Down / Are You An Independent Eng-lang. Movie Producer ? / If You're An Independent Producer,then Let's Talk. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Place To Locate An Independent TV Studio? by Seun(m): 1:35pm On Dec 26, 2007
I was telling a friend of mine that I might have to move to Lagos to setup my video studio, even though I'm based in the sleepy town of Sango Ota. This is because every talented Nigerian seems to live and work in Lagos. Anything you need, you can find there.

My friend reminded me that Lagos is a noisy town and the noise might interfere with my TV recordings, which is true. Which factor would you say is more important? Can I really convince talented Lagosians work in Sango Ota, or can I 'manage' the talents in my sleepy town?

Which Nigerian city in particular would you choose for your studio, and why? What about the costs?
Re: Best Place To Locate An Independent TV Studio? by janami(f): 9:29pm On Dec 29, 2007
isnt the walls of a video studio supposed to be sound proof? correct me if i am wrong.
Re: Best Place To Locate An Independent TV Studio? by Seun(m): 9:42pm On Dec 30, 2007
Yeah. Also, sound proofing isn't absolute. The quieter your environment, the less sound proofing you need.
Re: Best Place To Locate An Independent TV Studio? by janami(f): 7:50am On Jan 03, 2008
ok. i understand now. T fare shouldnt be too expensive especially if the person stays npt too far from iyana ipaja. Lag bus just takes N100 from iyana ipaja to sango. But goodluck sha. sango is really not a bad idea
Re: Best Place To Locate An Independent TV Studio? by obecha(f): 5:16pm On Jan 07, 2008
@i Seun

The location of Sango Otta should not deter you from setting your studio there. if you know your onion and put in your very best there, you can actually succeed in the sleepy town. Its all a matter of what you have to offer and the excellent work you are prepared to put into the studio, pls. know that people would always trace the studio if it is worth their while. whether it is in the thicket of the jungles or not, how much less a mere serene & sleepy town, in fact its an advantage if you ask me. Now compare it somewhat with your nairaland progect which emanated from that same location, come to think of it, do you realise that the actual citadel of legal operations of nairaland, i.e. its corporate headquarters is actually Sango Otta?!

Now when something is good, distance won't be a factor really! cos' people are just in pursuit of excellence and are prepared to go the extra mile for it.

The most important thing is that you are prepared to give it your best shot, talented people would turn up, but who really are these talented people? the talented people are not made in far-fetched distant lands or places. You could also groom and build your own team, personally l like to unfold my dreams to only a carefully selected crop of associates who are prepared to run with the vision- the catchy point is that they understand the vision, become passionate about it as well, and are willing to learn fast and sharpen their skills toward actualising the vision - wham! your talented bunch is ready and created.

Lagos/ Sngo Otta? its irrelevant-

As they say; get cracking and stop the excuses. Anything is possible if you think you can- you're right and if you think you can't- you're also right.

(1) (Reply)

Want To Be A Video Editor / Anybody Willing To Partner With Me / This Can't Be Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.