Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,538 members, 7,961,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 12:14 PM

Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism (24714 Views)

Are There Similaries Between Christianity And Atheism? / Similarities Between Christianity And African Religion / Similarities And Differences Between Christianity And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 28, 2012
honeric01:

This thread is not for rumor mongering and beer parlor gossiping.. when you post, include your source to back up your "story" that is different from what we have in the oldest book which is the holy bible. Are the Jews to you Arabs?

the bible is not the oldest but,the Sumerian tablets,books of the ti bets,dead sea scroll are far older and the bible was written from them.

I dont need to post you any source, that wont stop you from holding tight to your beloved bible anyway.

But i do know that Jesus was not god and he did not die on the cross.
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 28, 2012
honeric01:

LOL, so Buddha is a pagan religion and the best religion right? i bet their country is so peaceful, loving and devoid of evil experienced in other countries where other religion is practiced? before they started having this "progress" you're talking about, were they not practicing paganism/Buddha when they were less civilized?

When christianity was not in some parts of Africa, Asia and other places you mentioned, was there no colonizing, enslaving, stealing or destroying other peoples lands then?

Christianity does not stop you from progress or evolving or can you prove it does?

Really? What is your say on gay people?
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by honeric01(m): 8:32am On Aug 28, 2012
mkmyers45: Are you insinuating that humans inserted thier own laws in the bible? Thats okay..do we know to what extent or how much man made stuff is in the bible?

Some laws were made to address the issues of that age (law of moses) and these laws are still in the bible as a reference to why Jesus came and why he fulfilled these laws with his death.

Won't be responding to your post for now until you at least answer each of my questions from the very start.
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by mkmyers45(m): 8:34am On Aug 28, 2012
honeric01:

He came to fulfill them, meaning?

Fulfill means to do what is necessary to bring about or achieve something expected, desired, or promised. he came to end it, his death and resurrection did justices to the laws that needed to be fulfilled.

His way of life then encompasses of the 10 commandments which is to be lived in your daily activities in life but making sure they are ENGROSSED in love.

Jesus's ministry on earth was encircled around love and generosity amidst the other commandments.
Did he bring a new law? what is the true tenents of righteous living? paul's way or jesus's?
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by honeric01(m): 8:35am On Aug 28, 2012
ifeness:

Really? What is your say on gay people?

Stick to the topic, I'm not here to answer questions from individual, i am only here to debunk what i believe is misleading if i want to.

ifeness:

the bible is not the oldest but,the Sumerian tablets,books of the ti bets,dead sea scroll are far older and the bible was written from them.

I dont need to post you any source, that wont stop you from holding tight to your beloved bible anyway.

But i do know that Jesus was not god and he did not die on the cross.

Since you can't prove that, let it fly.
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by mkmyers45(m): 8:35am On Aug 28, 2012
honeric01:

Some laws were made to address the issues of that age (law of moses) and these laws are still in the bible as a reference to why Jesus came and why he fulfilled these laws with his death.

Won't be responding to your post for now until you at least answer each of my questions from the very start.
which questions? Im listening..
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 28, 2012
honeric01:

Stick to the topic, I'm not here to answer questions from individual, i am only here to debunk what i believe is misleading if i want to.

Since you can't prove that, let it fly.

you cant prove Jesus exist either! You want me to quote from a book written by men as usual. I think for myself and i dont need anyone to sell me stories. Jesus did not exist. About you saying Christianity doesn't stop people from evolving- That is a big lie! in fact it made them so dependent on some invisible man in the sky.

Jews are Arabs and will always be. I works with some a few them and they know they are Arabs. Does the bible say otherwise?
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by honeric01(m): 8:44am On Aug 28, 2012
ifeness:

you can prove Jesus exist either!

My bible proves that, my day to day experience also proves that, also events and places which still exists till today proves that too.

Now what do you believe in? and can you prove your beliefs?
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 28, 2012
honeric01:

My bible proves that, my day to day experience also proves that, also events and places which still exists till today proves that too.

Your bible definitely proves it,after all it is only a fraction of the original roman catholic bible. Where did you put the worshiping of virgin Mary?l Christians are blind followers, who haven't considered reality. They lack common sense if they want to live their lives based on one old book, boring,backwards, uncreative and intellectually stifling. The belief that only Christians are going to heaven and the rest of us hell. people like these have a serious problem.

All beliefs are false and man made,i therefore have got none. I believe in unconditional love cos that is the real essence of living.
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 28, 2012
The pope declared that SUNDAY is the day of worship

AND all the protestants obeyed him grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 28, 2012
ifeness:

Your bible definitely proves it,after all it is only a fraction of the original roman catholic bible. Where did you put the worshiping of virgin Mary?l Christians are blind followers, who haven't considered reality. They lack common sense if they want to live their lives based on one old book, boring,backwards, uncreative and intellectually stifling. The belief that only Christians are going to heaven and the rest of us hell. people like these have a serious problem.

All beliefs are false and man made,i therefore have got none. I believe in unconditional love cos that is the real essence of living.
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 28, 2012
honeric01:

If you want to put your faith in this man made book with no evidence to back it but plenty of evidence to discredit it, than by all means do so. But if you wish to preach your nonsense to others without providing a single piece of evidence then you should be ashamed of yourselves. You do this in order to get people to believe in a supernatural being that cannot be demonstrated to exist in objective reality, but he loves us, and if we don’t believe in him then the only alternative is to burn for eternity. It’s absurd that you call that love.

So please tell me how you can believe in the bible when there are so many flawed verses, why not just throw the whole thing out? and let’s not forget the Old testaments, which is just as relevant......? One more thing, when Christians say that Jesus sacrificed himself for our sins, How is it even a sacrifice if he can just resurrect himself? Honestly I’m sitting here just mind-blown on how people can actually believe these things….It’s hilarious.
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by honeric01(m): 9:49am On Aug 28, 2012
ifeness:

Just like i said, Christianity is a way of life and not a religion, it's best preached by the way we live, why the early Christians were given that name was because they lived and acted the way Jesus lived. i am not telling you to become a christian, it's a choice, I'm not also here to tell you which is better, rather i am here to learn on how to live more like Christ so that when others see the glory of living like him in me, if convinced, they can decide to be like Christ by following his way of life.

Lastly, i don't have time debating if it's true or false, won't stop you from practicing whatever you believe in as long as it's not going to affect my right to life, I'm learning to live my life as Christ did and also to make sure i don't affect anyone right to life negatively. Christianity is not suppose to force or compel you to convert, rather it's an individual decision and this makes it unique.
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:28am On Aug 28, 2012
honeric01:

LOL, so Buddha is a pagan religion and the best religion right? i bet their country is so peaceful, loving and devoid of evil experienced in other countries where other religion is practiced? before they started having this "progress" you're talking about, were they not practicing paganism/Buddha when they were less civilized?

When christianity was not in some parts of Africa, Asia and other places you mentioned, was there no colonizing, enslaving, stealing or destroying other peoples lands then?

Christianity does not stop you from progress or evolving or can you prove it does?

Buddhism is a derivative of Hinduism, so to an extent yes. These above Nations were never less civilized. INFACT, India (The Indus Valley Civilization), and China (The Hwang Ho Civilizations) were one of the first civilizations in the world, at a time when the hebrews were running around unclad, and the europeans were isolated savages.
they also had one of the finest Universities, etc., in Ancient times BC.
Japan on the other hand was never truly colonized. THEY WHERE ALSO THE ONLY, NON-EUROPEAN NATION TO TAKE PART IN WORLD WAR II AS AN EQUAL, ALLIED TO THE GERMANS AND ITALIANS.

No there was certainly no colonizing. there was enslaving, but in the Pagan days slaves were treated as part of the family and were freed after a certain period of service. Many Pagan Nations however did not even have the concept of slavery, especially India. there was the caste system, but even the lowest of the low was still a paid worker. he/she just didnt have any other choice of job.
and ofcourse you must have heard of Roman slaves, and how they were freed after certain years of service. Over time, slaves gained increased legal protection, including the right to file complaints against their masters. After manimissio, a freed slave was known as a libertus and any future children of a freedman would be born with full citizenship. Selling defeated soldiers as slaves brought much income, and was an alternative to imprisoning or killing them.
During the Pagan festival of Saturnalia, the slave and the master ceremonially "switched places", though in practice this was a thinly veiled pretense that was carefully circumscribed. However it shoes the treatment of and high regard of slaves during he Pagan days. Several Pagan emperors began to grant more rights to slaves as the empire grew. Claudius announced that if a slave was abandoned by his master, he became free. Nero granted slaves the right to complain against their masters in a court. And under Antoninus Pius, a master who killed a slave without just cause could be tried for homicide. Legal protection of slaves continued to grow as the empire expanded. It became common throughout the mid to late 2nd century AD to allow slaves to complain of cruel or unfair treatment by their owners.

also slaves were generally not taken to such far off places to a point of no return and huddled up and suffocated to death in ships. and never has slavery been done to such a large ecxtent as the trans-atlantic.

and most important of all, slaves were not forcefully converted, made to forget their identity, culture, etc.

Entire Nations stealing and using other nations as reserve pools was unheard off. If a Pagan Nation conquered another Pagan NAtion, it was its duty to treat it as its own with regards to its subsequent progress and development.

christianity stops us from progress and evolving in that, it gos by the writings of a specifc book written 2000 years ago, unlike Pagan religions that change over time and do not go by a book. christianity, especially the fanatic part of it, poses a great hurdle to the Sciences, as is evident from its rejection of Evolution, the postion of the planets, etc.
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 28, 2012
honeric01:

Just like i said, Christianity is a way of life and not a religion, it's best preached by the way we live, why the early Christians were given that name was because they lived and acted the way Jesus lived. i am not telling you to become a christian, it's a choice, I'm not also here to tell you which is better, rather i am here to learn on how to live more like Christ so that when others see the glory of living like him in me, if convinced, they can decide to be like Christ by following his way of life.

Lastly, i don't have time debating if it's true or false, won't stop you from practicing whatever you believe in as long as it's not going to affect my right to life, I'm learning to live my life as Christ did and also to make sure i don't affect anyone right to life negatively. Christianity is not suppose to force or compel you to convert, rather it's an individual decision and this makes it unique.

Millions of African−Americans are Christians today because their ancestors were converted against their will to the religion of the slave-master.

Hundreds of thousands of American−Indians are Christians today because the Christian missionaries converted their ancestors against their will.

In Europe, it was the same thing. When Rome controlled most of the world, the Roman Emperor, Constantine, in 325 CE forced Christianity onto his subjects.

Jews had to endure the sword too. Millions of Jews from the fourth century CE until the 20th Century were forced to “kiss the sword” of Christ, or be put to death by that sword. Therefore, many, many Jews died at the hands of Christians in the name of Jesus. Fortunately, many Jews managed to survive. They survived by lying―they converted, but secretly remained Jews

Christianity should not take any pride for their large numbers of subjects. Almost all Christian ancestors, Catholics and Protestants really had no choice in the matter. They were forced to accept Jesus as their god ― Invisible Friend in the Sky. Christianity was a forced religion. Today it is being forced in another manner, through an army of missionaries beating on your door and brainwashing your children in school classrooms, extracurricular activities and intramural sports.

1 Like

Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by honeric01(m): 10:37am On Aug 28, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

Buddhism is a derivative of Hinduism, so to an extent yes. These above Nations were never less civilized. INFACT, India (The Indus Valley Civilization), and China (The Hwang Ho Civilizations) were one of the first civilizations in the world, at a time when the hebrews were running around unclad, and the europeans were isolated savages.
they also had one of the finest Universities, etc., in Ancient times BC.
Japan on the other hand was never truly colonized. THEY WHERE ALSO THE ONLY, NON-EUROPEAN NATION TO TAKE PART IN WORLD WAR II AS AN EQUAL, ALLIED TO THE GERMANS AND ITALIANS.

No there was certainly no colonizing. there was enslaving, but in the Pagan days slaves were treated as part of the family and were freed after a certain period of service. Many Pagan Nations however did not even have the concept of slavery, especially India. there was the caste system, but even the lowest of the low was still a paid worker. he/she just didnt have any other choice of job.
and ofcourse you must have heard of Roman slaves, and how they were freed after certain years of service. Over time, slaves gained increased legal protection, including the right to file complaints against their masters. After manimissio, a freed slave was known as a libertus and any future children of a freedman would be born with full citizenship. Selling defeated soldiers as slaves brought much income, and was an alternative to imprisoning or killing them.
During the Pagan festival of Saturnalia, the slave and the master ceremonially "switched places", though in practice this was a thinly veiled pretense that was carefully circumscribed. However it shoes the treatment of and high regard of slaves during he Pagan days. Several Pagan emperors began to grant more rights to slaves as the empire grew. Claudius announced that if a slave was abandoned by his master, he became free. Nero granted slaves the right to complain against their masters in a court. And under Antoninus Pius, a master who killed a slave without just cause could be tried for homicide. Legal protection of slaves continued to grow as the empire expanded. It became common throughout the mid to late 2nd century AD to allow slaves to complain of cruel or unfair treatment by their owners.

also slaves were generally not taken to such far off places to a point of no return and huddled up and suffocated to death in ships. and never has slavery been done to such a large ecxtent as the trans-atlantic.

and most important of all, slaves were not forcefully converted, made to forget their identity, culture, etc.

Entire Nations stealing and using other nations as reserve pools was unheard off. If a Pagan Nation conquered another Pagan NAtion, it was its duty to treat it as its own with regards to its subsequent progress and development.

christianity stops us from progress and evolving in that, it gos by the writings of a specifc book written 2000 years ago, unlike Pagan religions tat change over time and do not go by a book. christianity, especially the fanatic part of it, poses a great hurdle to the Sciences, as is evident from its rejection of Evolution, the postion of the planets, etc.

LOL, i really do not have time to go into stories with you bro.. just pick up one of these Chinese or Bollywood movies (their drama and war movies) to see how you contradict yourself with each sentence you type.

Like i said, i am not here to say which is good or bad, i am here to see the cogent message in each of these three "religions" which those practicing them have lost in their pursuit for their various individual gains.

People are now into the opposite of what religion teaches, they do the opposite but when the blame starts, it's blamed on the "religion" and not the person going against the teachings.
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:41am On Aug 28, 2012
this is christianity to you my fellow Africans:

Before-After

[img]http://hayespmauro.files./2011/08/2487594201_22ed59f2cc.jpg[/img]

Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 28, 2012
many white slave owners forced their slaves to attend white controlled churches because they afraid the slaves were likely to rebel if left alone.

1 Like

Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by honeric01(m): 10:47am On Aug 28, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
this is christianity to you my fellow Africans:

Before-After

[img]http://hayespmauro.files./2011/08/2487594201_22ed59f2cc.jpg[/img]

Prior to the advent of Christianity, was the world devoid of wars and oppression?
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by honeric01(m): 10:48am On Aug 28, 2012
ifeness: many white slave owners forced their slaves to attend white controlled churches because they afraid the slaves were likely to rebel if left alone.

Same question goes to you.

One more thing, how Christianity is practiced now is different from what Jesus represented on earth, if you think the way christian (most) behave now is how JESUS advised, kindly show us.
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 28, 2012
honeric01:

Same question goes to you.

One more thing, how Christianity is practiced now is different from what Jesus represented on earth, if you think the way christian (most) behave now is how JESUS advised, kindly show us.

But why Jesus? Why not a man from your community or your family? Are you saying your society have no one you could look up to or be inspired by?

1 Like

Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:03am On Aug 28, 2012
honeric01:

Prior to the advent of Christianity, was the world devoid of wars and oppression?

war was fought on more sensible issues back then, such as land, resources, etc., but NEVER on religion.

and as for opression, no never to such extent.
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by honeric01(m): 11:04am On Aug 28, 2012
ifeness:

But why Jesus? Why not a man from your community or your family? Are you saying your society have no one you could look up to or be inspired by?

Show me someone whose life and act was and is better than that of Jesus, then we can discuss.
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by honeric01(m): 11:07am On Aug 28, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

as a major religion "today" ok there is Japan, China, India, etc. i dont want to mention the considerable progress and development these nations have done, without colonising, enslaving, stealing or destroying other peoples lands. The end result is World peace, progress and development, both in cultural, spiritual and material ways.

PAGAN 9JA:

war was fought on more sensible issues back then, such as land, resources, etc., but NEVER on religion.

and as for opression, no never to such extent.

The more you type, the more you contradict yourself.. you see why i won't stop laughing at your folly?

Paganism, Hinduism and Buddhism supports fighting for lands, resources and all that but not the religion?, now show me where Jesus supports fighting for land, resource or Christianity.
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by TerryCarr(m): 11:10am On Aug 28, 2012
honeric01:

Christianity caused a lot of wars and oppression an war will always be here no god can stop that as long as humanity has something to fight about. hell even gods fought each other
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by honeric01(m): 11:13am On Aug 28, 2012
TerryCarr: Christianity caused a lot of wars and oppression an war will always be here no god can stop that as long as humanity has something to fight about. hell even gods fought each other

Christianity DIDN'T tell people to fight for it, none of the disciples of Jesus fought because of Christianity, either did Jesus the founder fight for Christianity, rather he laid down his life for this without a fight.

What you're mixing up is TRYING TO BLAME PEOPLE'S DECISION to use "religion" as a tool to fight for their selfish reason on Christianity. Now, i ask you lot again, where in the teachings, spoken words or recorded history of Jesus did he support or ask anyone to fight or oppress anyone for Christianity sake?

A kitchen knife was produced to serve positive purposes in the kitchen, when it's used by anyone to kill or oppress someone else, do we blame the knife or the user?
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:17am On Aug 28, 2012
honeric01:

The more you type, the more you contradict yourself.. you see why i won't stop laughing at your folly?

you misunderstand me. my previous sentence was about the near-present.

In the past, resource wars where fought by Pagans, but never to the extent of opressing the Native peopulations and to such an extent.

this is what I said:

^^^^ the colonizers never did that. funded by european monarchies and the church, their sole aim was to spread christianity by the Gun, opress us and squeeze all the resources out of us, without ANY regard to our human development and our problems. they never cared to do good for us.
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 28, 2012
honeric01:

Show me someone whose life and act was and is better than that of Jesus, then we can discuss.

Jesus whose real name was (YESHUA) did nothing special.

What never happened was all the magic and spooky stuff that became oral history for some 50+ years after his death, before anyone wrote down anything.

He was tried as a criminal, and "murdered" (most think) in the most vial and painful way Rome knew. Interestingly, he may have survived.

Was he a god? Most of us don't believe he was. He was an apocalyptic preacher of the 1st century.

There were many, both before him, and after him preaching "end of the world". Christianity today, is nothing at all what the Jesus Movement was at the time. It became a powerful, and rich organization.... Jesus today wouldn't recognize it.

And OBTW, we really don't know what he even said.... no one was standing around taking notes.

And he had no powers. He was a man...a poor, illiterate day laborer as were most who lived in Palestine at the time.

I CAN SHOW YOU SOMEONE BETTER THAN JESUS- SUPERMAN!!! grin grin

My reasons are :

Superman has saved the planet for destruction numerous times. Jesus has threatened to return and bring on the end of the earth with him, but so far is a fucking ‘no-show’.

Jesus may have died for your sins, but Superman died to protect us from an intergalactic killing machine called Doomsday.

When Jesus died, he was resurrected 3 days later and then abruptly left, telling his disciples he’d be back within their lifetimes (an obvious lie). Superman died, was in stasis for a while, and emerged with long glorious 90′s hair. Unlike Jesus, however, Superman stuck around and has been busy keeping the world safe from evil.

Although not a God, Superman still risks his life all the time trying to combat super villains. Jesus, on the other hand, is apparently all powerful, and yet refuses to do something as basic as healing amputees.

Superman is an expert in dozens of languages, and is an accomplished journalist. Jesus never left any writings, or evidence of any of his works.

Jesus said “But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me” (Luke 19:27). Superman, on the other hand, has a strict code of conduct that forbids him to kill anyone.

If you fell out of your apartment window and cried for help, Superman would try and save you. Not only will Jesus not even bother to save you; he will send you to hell for all eternity if you don’t believe in him. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Now some people may criticize me for this article, and they might be right: what’s the point in debating which fictional character is better, anyways? grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:20am On Aug 28, 2012
honeric01:

Christianity DIDN'T tell people to fight for it, none of the disciples of Jesus fought because of Christianity, either did Jesus the founder fight for Christianity, rather he laid down his life for this without a fight.

What you're mixing up is TRYING TO BLAME PEOPLE'S DECISION to use "religion" as a tool to fight for their selfish reason on Christianity. Now, i ask you lot again, where in the teachings, spoken words or recorded history of Jesus did he support or ask anyone to fight or oppress anyone for Christianity sake?

A kitchen knife was produced to serve positive purposes in the kitchen, when it's used by anyone to kill or oppress someone else, do we blame the knife or the user?

christianity has always tried to brainwash people and egg them on to convert people by any means.

jesus was executed because of this very reason. he was trying to brainwash people, especially the poor, and to stir them up into rebellion against the Pagan Roman Empire. so they executed him. Even the Jewish Sarheddin did not approve of his actions. and guess what happens in the end the Roman Empire does collapse towards the end by the christian rebellions who destabilize it. They were right after all. The once stable Roman Empire then gets divided up and finally becomes extinct.

1 Like

Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 28, 2012
just like Christianity would be come extinct whether Christians like it or not
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:28am On Aug 28, 2012
honeric01:

Paganism, Hinduism and Buddhism supports fighting for lands, resources and all that but not the religion?, now show me where Jesus supports fighting for land, resource or Christianity.

you are comitting a grave mistake by mixing politics with religion. check what i wrote in my previous comment. and also tell me , HAS ANY PAGAN KINGDOm, CHIEFDOM, or whatever, EVER FOUGHT A WAR TO FORCEFULLY CONVERT OTHER PEOPLE TO OUR FAITHS!! NEVER! but YOU XTIANS DID THE VERY SAME! THE CRUSADES, THE COLONIZATION, THE FORCED CONVERSION OF THE TRIBES OF EUROPE AND OF NORTH AND SOUTH AMERICA, ALL THAT! angry

pray tell m, why is it that only christians and mulims do such thing, if it is not for the brainwashing elements of your evil book
Re: Comparison Table Between Christianity, Islam And Judaism by honeric01(m): 11:28am On Aug 28, 2012
ifeness:

Jesus whose real name was (YESHUA) did nothing special.

What never happened was all the magic and spooky stuff that became oral history for some 50+ years after his death, before anyone wrote down anything.

He was tried as a criminal, and "murdered" (most think) in the most vial and painful way Rome knew. Interestingly, he may have survived.

Was he a god? Most of us don't believe he was. He was an apocalyptic preacher of the 1st century.

There were many, both before him, and after him preaching "end of the world". Christianity today, is nothing at all what the Jesus Movement was at the time. It became a powerful, and rich organization.... Jesus today wouldn't recognize it.

And OBTW, we really don't know what he even said.... no one was standing around taking notes.

And he had no powers. He was a man...a poor, illiterate day laborer as were most who lived in Palestine at the time.

I CAN SHOW YOU SOMEONE BETTER THAN JESUS- SUPERMAN!!! grin grin

My reasons are :

Superman has saved the planet for destruction numerous times. Jesus has threatened to return and bring on the end of the earth with him, but so far is a fucking ‘no-show’.

Jesus may have died for your sins, but Superman died to protect us from an intergalactic killing machine called Doomsday.

When Jesus died, he was resurrected 3 days later and then abruptly left, telling his disciples he’d be back within their lifetimes (an obvious lie). Superman died, was in stasis for a while, and emerged with long glorious 90′s hair. Unlike Jesus, however, Superman stuck around and has been busy keeping the world safe from evil.

Although not a God, Superman still risks his life all the time trying to combat super villains. Jesus, on the other hand, is apparently all powerful, and yet refuses to do something as basic as healing amputees.

Superman is an expert in dozens of languages, and is an accomplished journalist. Jesus never left any writings, or evidence of any of his works.

Jesus said “But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me” (Luke 19:27). Superman, on the other hand, has a strict code of conduct that forbids him to kill anyone.

If you fell out of your apartment window and cried for help, Superman would try and save you. Not only will Jesus not even bother to save you; he will send you to hell for all eternity if you don’t believe in him. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Now some people may criticize me for this article, and they might be right: what’s the point in debating which fictional character is better, anyways? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oh i should have known that I'm dealing with a cartoon baby daddy. thank you for saving my time lol.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Evil Apple: Did Adam And Eve Really Eat An Apple? / "I Have Never Earned Money From My Book Proceeds" - Bishop Oyedepo / Tim Lahaye Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.