Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,930 members, 7,962,962 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 09:28 PM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (778498 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kmontee: 9:01am On Oct 02, 2013
its bin a while i heard from ferdimako on this forum! I paid my fees yestaday and have forwarded to the school. so Im expecting my Coe in days or weeks. Im also bringing together all the necessary documents i need for visa application which I intend doing before 25th October 2013. I need advice on business account requirement and also what to attach to show my employment details or history(I wish to put in my fathers company as my employers, how do they confirm the authenticity of one's employment history?) advise please
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Fraye: 9:06am On Oct 02, 2013
Aunty Jenny,if I apply for a 2yr6months Tafe Diploma course @ CIT,perth will I be eligible to apply for a PR in aussi?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Chubi4show(m): 9:17am On Oct 02, 2013
kmontee: its bin a while i heard from ferdimako on this forum! I paid my fees yestaday and have forwarded to the school. so Im expecting my Coe in days or weeks. Im also bringing together all the necessary documents i need for visa application which I intend doing before 25th October 2013. I need advice on business account requirement and also what to attach to show my employment details or history(I wish to put in my fathers company as my employers, how do they confirm the authenticity of one's employment history?) advise please
Dtz gud 2 hear... U r heading to ECU I guess. I received my CoE from ECU last week after about 3 weeks of waiting.I'm currently gathering my documents for visa processing. I wish 2 lodge towards ending of this month too. I almost asked same question abt ferdimako... Its been long we heard frm him. I hope all is well with him.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by twentyfourseven: 9:35am On Oct 02, 2013
Hello all!
why is it that everybody is applying for diploma courses despite having Bachelors degree?
Is it that its cheaper and as such, a better alternative to get into Oz for PR?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 02, 2013
Fraye: Aunty Jenny,if I apply for a 2yr6months Tafe Diploma course @ CIT,perth will I be eligible to apply for a PR in aussi?

You can apply for a graduate visa before PR
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by kmontee: 11:27am On Oct 02, 2013
Chubi4show:
Dtz gud 2 hear... U r heading to ECU I guess. I received my CoE from ECU last week after about 3 weeks of waiting.I'm currently gathering my documents for visa processing. I wish 2 lodge towards ending of this month too. I almost asked same question abt ferdimako... Its been long we heard frm him. I hope all is well with him.

Heading to Charles Sturt University. ECU denied me admission into masters saying my bachelor is equivalent to associate but CSU gave me a packaged offer Graduate Diploma+Masters for two years.

@jenny please advice: Im also bringing together all the necessary documents i need for visa application which I intend doing before 25th October 2013. I need advice on business account requirement and also what to attach to show my employment details or history(I wish to put in my fathers company as my employers, how do they confirm the authenticity of one's employment history?) advise please
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zoeiyke: 1:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
snowburn:

Dude, you must have gotten have gotten your visa by now, aint you? Cos i have mine sitting rite here with me.

Anyways, i've got bigger fish to fry, like not coming back to naija any time soon aka PR undecided

i hope to fly out first week of Jan. . .shalom
Congrat bro are u goin 4 a diploma program or Bsc? Am surprised u were issued visa with months stil remainin b4 resumption.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
kmontee: its bin a while i heard from ferdimako on this forum! I paid my fees yestaday and have forwarded to the school. so Im expecting my Coe in days or weeks. Im also bringing together all the necessary documents i need for visa application which I intend doing before 25th October 2013. I need advice on business account requirement and also what to attach to show my employment details or history(I wish to put in my fathers company as my employers, how do they confirm the authenticity of one's employment history?) advise please

I came in to Jos today from Kaduna after being to Abuja for my IELTS GT exams,meeting and staying with my sister, cousins and others. I did decide to stay off the Internet till last night (from 20th Sept-Ist Oct).It was an experience!

I can't say a thing on the exams until Friday or Saturday, I did try my best and I believe that should be enough.I need 7 all bands!

Kmontee, you are on the right track, thinking of PR alone isn't what you needed and you have acted well. That should be sorted out when you're in. They have recent graduate visa program which elongates your stay to allow you time to find out on your PR stance.

I don't really know much on the job history but I have some form of timeline with duties signed by my boss...no pay slip as I receive alerts.My brothers will get me an affidavit of financial support,an explanation of why they are sponsoring me and bank statements. I hope to pay my fees by early November and lodge for visa afterwards.I think you should be good with these you just stated.

I learnt Snowburns don chop visa! Congrats to him and all.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 02, 2013
townshipjames:

Computer and Network professional, had my years of experience in IT. Read Electrical Engineering. Funny enough, they assessed the degree as being suitable and comparable to a major in computing, only that they now ranked it with a typical 2 years course in Australia. Am thinking of appealing the assessment, but I want to be sure other applicants with a typical Nigerian degree have had positive degree assessment comparable to AQF Bachelor degree.

I think ACS handles computer-related majors. Nigerian schools are not helping as most needed courses are not reflecting on our transcripts.That leads to the downgrading of the qualification.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Chubi4show(m): 3:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
kmontee:

Heading to Charles Sturt University. ECU denied me admission into masters saying my bachelor is equivalent to associate but CSU gave me a packaged offer Graduate Diploma+Masters for two years.

@jenny please advice: Im also bringing together all the necessary documents i need for visa application which I intend doing before 25th October 2013. I need advice on business account requirement and also what to attach to show my employment details or history(I wish to put in my fathers company as my employers, how do they confirm the authenticity of one's employment history?) advise please
Ok bro. I wish u the best.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Chubi4show(m): 3:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
ferdimako:

I came in to Jos today from Kaduna after being to Abuja for my IELTS GT exams,meeting and staying with my sister, cousins and others. I did decide to stay off the Internet till last night (from 20th Sept-Ist Oct).It was an experience!

I can't say a thing on the exams until Friday or Saturday, I did try my best and I believe that should be enough.I need 7 all bands!

Kmontee, you are on the right track, thinking of PR alone isn't what you needed and you have acted well. That should be sorted out when you're in. They have recent graduate visa program which elongates your stay to allow you time to find out on your PR stance.

I don't really know much on the job history but I have some form of timeline with duties signed by my boss...no pay slip as I receive alerts.My brothers will get me an affidavit of financial support,an explanation of why they are sponsoring me and bank statements. I hope to pay my fees by early November and lodge for visa afterwards.I think you should be good with these you just stated.

I learnt Snowburns don chop visa! Congrats to him and all.
Welcome back Ferdimako.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
Chubi4show:
Welcome back Ferdimako.

Thanks. I learned your CoE is in.Congrats! May you edit or obscure some important info, lemme see how it looks like up close.It may help in winning my backers more.My e-mail addy is on my profile.We'll definitely meet up in Perth.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 4:52pm On Oct 02, 2013
kmontee:

My advice in this case is that you forget about giving any employment details if you didn't or rather don't have any employment history especially if you don't have much gap in your education history since you are not sponsoring yourself. Employment history can complicate issues(from someone experience). As for the business account, if you satisfy the requirements stated in financial requirement for business account, I think you are good to go. Just make sure the business is up and running and your fund is not up to 30% of the business capital.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by tim12345: 4:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
ok
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 5:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
http://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/global/apply-to-study/how-to-apply. This is for people that are new to study in Australia gist.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Chubi4show(m): 5:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
ferdimako:

Thanks. I learned your CoE is in.Congrats! May you edit or obscure some important info, lemme see how it looks like up close.It may help in winning my backers more.My e-mail addy is on my profile.We'll definitely meet up in Perth.
Thanks bro. The CoE is in pdf format and cannot be edited. I tried but couldn't.... It contains the name of ur educational provider, ur name, date of birth, course, course duration, amt paid as ur indicative fees (1st semester fees), OSHC payment and duration, and finally ur IELTS overall score. My program is for 2yrs. I may decided 2 apply for graduate visa... and then PR after my program.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 02, 2013
Chubi4show:
Thanks bro. The CoE is in pdf format and cannot be edited. I tried but couldn't.... It contains the name of ur educational provider, ur name, date of birth, course, course duration, amt paid as ur indicative fees (1st semester fees), OSHC payment and duration, and finally ur IELTS overall score. My program is for 2yrs. I may decided 2 apply for graduate visa... and then PR after my program.

IETLS? ECU never asked me. Anyway I'll get them my score when am ready. It comes in on Friday or Saturday.I think you should wait for DIAC to ask you for medicals,so that you will get the Hap ID. I've done mine since June and won't be waiting for DIAC as I'll just include the evidence when lodging.

Your PR plans are good if you want to. Mine is what I want.Thanks.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by townshipjames: 5:18am On Oct 03, 2013
ferdimako:

I think ACS handles computer-related majors. Nigerian schools are not helping as most needed courses are not reflecting on our transcripts.That leads to the downgrading of the qualification.

My point is -- Why would Engineer Australia (EA) assess a typical Bachelor in Engineering degree as being equivalent of AQF Bachelor and ACS feels otherwise. Why the disparity in outcome independent of the assessing body. If ACS had assessed by B.Eng as being a minor in Computing, I would sincerely have understood, but not equate a 5-years effort to a 2-year diploma. What happened to assessing it as equivalent to bachelor and rank as ICT minor. I particularly don't think its due to course content, but a country thing.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 5:36am On Oct 03, 2013
townshipjames:

My point is -- Why would Engineer Australia (EA) assess a typical Bachelor in Engineering degree as being equivalent of AQF Bachelor and ACS feels otherwise. Why the disparity in outcome independent of the assessing body. If ACS had assessed by B.Eng as being a minor in Computing, I would sincerely have understood, but not equate a 5-years effort to a 2-year diploma. What happened to assessing it as equivalent to bachelor and rank as ICT minor. I particularly don't think its due to course content, but a country thing.
When it comes to computer related courses, Nigeria institutions have very outdated and irrelevant courses. Just like one of my school Alumni that went to Uk to study diploma in computer science after having his degree here in Nigeria called our VC and asked him to sack all the Computer science lecturers..that what they are still teaching in school today was thought in Uk 20yrs ago and its now outdated. My point is, there are some courses ACS expect to see in our Nigeria degree transcript but they don't see it.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 12:34pm On Oct 03, 2013
Why is today so quiet? What is happening?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zoeiyke: 2:06pm On Oct 03, 2013
lawland: Why is today so quiet? What is happening?
Sup bro hw z d visa wait goin? I no d only tin on ur mind z OZ,may God complete his good wrk in ur life.I read a comfusin article abt post study wrk right,r pipu goin 4 TAFE or diploma courses really eligible for PSWR? I jst wnt to b sure or get more clearer picture on dis issue.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 2:46pm On Oct 03, 2013
zoe iyke:
Sup bro hw z d visa wait goin? I no d only tin on ur mind z OZ,may God complete his good wrk in ur life.I read a comfusin article abt post study wrk right,r pipu goin 4 TAFE or diploma courses really eligible for PSWR? I jst wnt to b sure or get more clearer picture on dis issue.
They are not eligible for post-study work stream but they are eligible for graduate work stream visa which last for 18 months if the applicant studied for 2yrs in Oz and the course he/she studied is relevant to any skill listed on the SOL.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by everG: 3:47pm On Oct 03, 2013
posdream hw r doing ? i applied tru ETI gt a placement for January 2015 survey,wnted smetin in d range of June and July 2014, dnt knw if u knw school dat hs admission placement for july 2014,
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by zoeiyke: 3:55pm On Oct 03, 2013
lawland: They are not eligible for post-study work stream but they are eligible for graduate work stream visa which last for 18 months if the applicant studied for 2yrs in Oz and the course he/she studied is relevant to any skill listed on the SOL.
Alrite bro thanks
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 03, 2013
Hello All, if my IELTS GT comes in well, I'll propose and include her in my PR application.Let my wish come through. God!

@nwokenna,UBKtech,manmeta and others, must she do IELTS and what will the score be?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 03, 2013
ferdimako: Hello All, if my IELTS GT comes in well, I'll propose and include her in my PR application.Let my wish come through. God!

@nwokenna,UBKtech,manmeta and others, must she do IELTS and what will the score be?
Yes anyone included in your application that is above 18 must do ielts, but their score is by far lower, 4.5 overall. otherwise you will be asked to pay 4300dollar per person for English tuition in Australia before your could be granted

1 Like

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by manmeta: 1:56am On Oct 04, 2013
ferdimako: Hello All, if my IELTS GT comes in well, I'll propose and include her in my PR application.Let my wish come through. God!

I guess you're talking about your fiancee. She may not write the IELTS test if you can show proof she's studied in English all her life. You can prove this by submitting certified true copies of certificates and/or transcripts. That's what I did for my wife.

It will be a good one if she can be on your PR application because she'd be working while you school. But again, since you guys are not married yet (I assume), you must prove your relationship.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by lawland: 3:09am On Oct 04, 2013
manmeta:

I guess you're talking about your fiancee. She may not write the IELTS test if you can show proof she's studied in English all her life. You can prove this by submitting certified true copies of certificates and/or transcripts. That's what I did for my wife.

It will be a good one if she can be on your PR application because she'd be working while you school. But again, since you guys are not married yet (I assume), you must prove your relationship.
The last sentence is exactly what i want to say, don't complicate ur issue bloke except you can prove the relationship.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:30am On Oct 04, 2013
lawland: The last sentence is exactly what i want to say, don't complicate ur issue bloke expect you can prove the relationship.

they are both right, but it is doable if ur relationship is genuine and you have plenty of evidence to support your claim. I applied alone in October last yr, we became engaged in March this yr, did our registry in may. we got our visa on August 6th, exactly a month before our church wedding. however, in my case she was part of the. process from the very start, so we had gathered plenty of evidence before including her you need plenty of evidence more than just pictures and marriage certificate
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:48am On Oct 04, 2013
UBKtech:

they are both right, but it is doable if ur relationship is genuine and you have plenty of evidence to support your claim. I applied alone in October last yr, we became engaged in March this yr, did our registry in may. we got our visa on August 6th, exactly a month before our church wedding. however, in my case she was part of the. process from the very start, so we had gathered plenty of evidence before including her you need plenty of evidence more than just pictures and marriage certificate

Okay...that's what I should do.I love her but economic woes sometime interfere and you don't wanna pop the question carelessly.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:50am On Oct 04, 2013
UBKtech:
Yes anyone included in your application that is above 18 must do ielts, but their score is by far lower, 4.5 overall. otherwise you will be asked to pay 4300dollar per person for English tuition in Australia before your could be granted

Thanks,I know about this but wanted to hear more.She'll do it...let the principal applicant get the all-clear first.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:58am On Oct 04, 2013
Hello All, the IELTS results have come and still disappointing.I may look at regional visa but definitely not 189. I'll definitely go with student visa and see what is what when am there.

Listening: 6.0
Reading: 6.5
Writing: 6.5
Speaking: 5.5
Overall: 6.0

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.