Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,185 members, 7,936,653 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 07:05 PM

The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! (34514 Views)

The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri / Best City In Nigeria To Live In? / The 5 Most Expensive Places To Live In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 03, 2012
M M M: Aba angry

Becos of d bad road & evil government, u need 2 service ur car alwayz with money.

Also kidnapping & crime issue

When u re kidnapped u still have 2 pay dem

Kidnapping stopped about a Year ago in Aba -- U must have bookmarked this post of urs Last year? undecided undecided
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Lordmike: 3:36pm On Sep 03, 2012
my village. tell me which part of nigeria is cheaper to leave with high cost of fuel
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by anitank(f): 3:37pm On Sep 03, 2012
stepone:

your quote is not true. am not sure of Abuja but Banana island is noting less than 800 million, 1 billion upward.
I've seen their ads on newspapers. Most of them prefer d money be paid in dollars. Why d hell wld someone want to rent a house for 120million per annum I honestly don't get it
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by tooblessed: 3:38pm On Sep 03, 2012
Try Maidugari, Jos and Damaturu grin
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by dontador(m): 3:41pm On Sep 03, 2012
anitank:
I've seen their ads on newspapers. Most of them prefer d money be paid in dollars. Why d hell wld someone want to rent a house for 120million per annum I honestly don't get it
I tire ooo.... Mehn!!!! Naija get money ooo... 120mil for house rent not for building a house.... **i can't stop shouting**
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by chiochio1(m): 3:41pm On Sep 03, 2012
Nwanne Idawo..f9 grin grin grin why because garri is very expensive in those areas grin
Ile-Ife:
Agidingbi = Lagos
Eleyele = Ibadan
Sabon-Gari = Bauchi
Nyanya = Abuja
Challenge = Ibadan
Mokola = Ibadan
Fajuyi = Ado-Ekiti
Ojo = Ibadan
Kwararafa = Kano
Kasuan Nama = Kano
Ajegunle!!! = Lagos
Makoko Malabu Beach house = Lagos
Umulere and Amulere lga
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 03, 2012
tooblessed: Try Maidugari, Jos and Damaturu grin

Lolz, very dangerous and expensive to live...in fact the most expensive place to live in the world after Afghanistan, West Bank, Damascus, Buenos Arres, cos u will need to first develop your own militia with full ammunition and jet fighters and emergency jetliners and chopper hangers in case of attack and all...these put together outweigh every other places named so far...so I give it to Yobe and Maidugri! lol

1 Like

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by tlops(m): 3:43pm On Sep 03, 2012
tooblessed: Try Maidugari, Jos and Damaturu grin
Those places cost life to live in.
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by jude33084(m): 3:44pm On Sep 03, 2012
Freiburger: lagos, Lagos, Lagos.

guy lagos is the most affordable place to live in wink but

you must run away from v.i and lekki grin
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by oceanicking: 3:45pm On Sep 03, 2012
Abuja is the most expensive place to live in nigeria,if you are poor don't go there o, everything is expensive.
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by tunapawizzy: 3:48pm On Sep 03, 2012
gbolahan1: I was in Abuja in 2010 and took a taxi for 250 naira, thats practically impossible in any part of Lagos.
add dat to ur 800k/yr 1 bedroom apartment in wuse2 (not even maitama now).....den tell us wasap
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by tlops(m): 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2012
pufectskin: that is just a waste of money. Nigerians enjoy telling ppl they paid a lot for crap.
In the US, anyone can live in similar houses or even better for much less money
than is paid for houses at Banana Island. As for Lekki, I stay there, and it is money
paid to buy rubbish houses in a washed down neighborhood. We just pay money but we dont
get value...I cant wait to leave this country...and when I am gone this time...I am gone for good.

This is my best post. I see the ridiculous prices of Nigerian properties and I wonder why anyone would pay such. In a country where people's income cannot be verified, no wonder corruption thrives.
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by ldpele(m): 3:50pm On Sep 03, 2012
cocaine villa in portharcourt

1 Like

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by nikkyshyne(f): 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2012
Banana island is an estate. Only expensive in terms of rent and sales of properties. There are no markets in Banana Island. Purely residential built. I presume the topic is referring to all aspects of daily living; in which case I'l go for the high brow areas in Abuja such as Maitama and Asokoro.

1 Like

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 03, 2012
@all,
Is the op talking of daily living I.e feeding, transportation, and other amenities or purely properties?
Cos if one resides in a highbrow area doesn't mean he/she can't buy food stuffs from oyingbo, mile 12 markets or any other area.

And what about some rural areas where basic necessities are quite expensive to obtain compared to urban cities?
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Exponental(m): 3:56pm On Sep 03, 2012
Plantain valley nko?
Abeg........
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by teddy2011: 3:56pm On Sep 03, 2012
Pls... Abuja aint the most expensive place to live in. What facts are u considering? Moreover food and transport is available and cheaper once you have paid for house rent. Port Harcourt is the most expensive place to live in. The food, transport, clothes, houses, land... Everything in the town is twice the normal price. I have stayed in both places, just my opinion.
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 03, 2012
stepone:

your quote is not true. am not sure of Abuja but Banana island is noting less than 800 million, 1 billion upward.

I disagree with u.
With a billion naira one can get an acre of land not a plot.

1 Like

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by AjanleKoko: 4:00pm On Sep 03, 2012
Abuja first.
Then Port Harcourt. Lagos comes third, the Island axis in particular.
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by nikkyshyne(f): 4:01pm On Sep 03, 2012
stepone:

Oga, which yeye 800m upwards? A standard plot in Banana Island is about 1000sqm going for about 200m naira upwards depending on the size or if waterfront.
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by seunfly: 4:04pm On Sep 03, 2012
Generaly Abuja is very expensive to live, as there is no place to manage and if u try to find a place like papee , gwagwa, lugbe, dutse etc next thing is that you will be demolished by monster called FCDA then no where to hang around. How ever you can easily find your bearing in Lagos place like AJEGUNLE, MUSHIN, ABULE EGBA, IKOTUN, AKUTE ETC where u will be king and no FCDA to demolish and buldozerise you. BUT IF YOU WAN TRESPASS GO BANANA ISLAND that is when you go knw say you are not a Nigerian. BANANA ISLAND is more expensive than ASOKORO and MAITAMA PUT TOGETHER.
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by EmmaUG: 4:07pm On Sep 03, 2012
free2ryhme:

Ikoyi cemetery grin grin
ur own place cost pass,work harder u will surely get ur dream crib
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 03, 2012
Bonny island
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by freecocoa(f): 4:12pm On Sep 03, 2012
Everybody just dey chant banana island, banana island like say some of una know the place undecided
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by Intrepid1(m): 4:12pm On Sep 03, 2012
Isaac John from 7.30pm daily...

1 Like

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by EmmaUG: 4:19pm On Sep 03, 2012
freecocoa: Everybody just dey chant banana island, banana island like say some of una know the place undecided
na there i de run dis from ocean parade the most costly there,i reside there if u most no
Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by AjanleKoko: 4:20pm On Sep 03, 2012
Emma.UG:
na there i de run dis from ocean parade the most costly there,i reside there if u most no

You must be one of the construction workers on site grin

1 Like

Re: The Most Expensive Places To Live In Nigeria! by stagger: 4:24pm On Sep 03, 2012
afam4eva: Abuja is bastardly the most expensive followed by the highbrow areas of the Island(Banana island, Lekki, dolphin etc).

I beg to disagree. Apart from accommodation, every other thing (food, transport, etc) is cheaper comparatively. Try taking a drop from MMIA to Lekki and from Nnamdi Azikiwe airport to Maitama and then come back to tell us the difference.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) / Traffic Diversion As President Emmanuel Macron Visits Afrika Shrine, Lagos / The Most Amazing , Beautiful Places In The World – Visit Once Before You Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.