Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,929 members, 7,962,961 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 09:25 PM

How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) - Phones (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) (96016 Views)

How Can I Use My Blackberry 9900 (bold5) To Tether(serve As A Modem) With My PC? / Blackberry From Glo As A Modem / How To Download With Opera Mini 2.06, Opera 3.10 & Opera Mod 4.2 (with Images) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by ryt: 8:27pm On Jun 15, 2008
hmmm, this is tyt
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by hayprof(m): 9:07pm On Jun 15, 2008
Great . . . Some pple can now Smile* cheesy wink
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 10:53pm On Jun 15, 2008
Solution On How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (For Windows VISTA)

1: First thing first. Install your phone's Connectivity Cable Driver

2: Connect your cable to your phone and PC and

Wait till all 'installing device driver software' are all 'ready to use'

3: Go to control panel (with classic veiw) > Phone and modem options

You will be requested to choose country and city code (use 1)

4: Go to modems tab (Click on your previously installed phone. properties)

5: Click on change settings (windows would request for your permission to continue)

6: A new properties would pop out, go to modem tab, change your maximum port speed to 460800 or more,

7: Go to advanced tab, put in +CGDCONT=,,"mms.ng.celtel.com" (works if your line has been activated for celtel mms only). To use any other access point,change +CGDCONT=,,"access point" access point to your desirable one (OK)

8: Go to control panel (with classic veiw) > click on Network And Sharing Center

9: Click on Setup a connection Or network
Choose '(The third option) Set up a dial-up Connection

10: Use the following Details

Dial-up phone number: *99***1#

User name: wap
password: wap

Connection name: You're free to use any name

All done? click on connect

11: Connecting to (name) . Dialing *99***1# , verifying user name and password,
Registering your computer to the network

12: Testing your Internet connection . . .

13: Done. Click on Browse the Internet now

If Testing your Internet connection takes too long,

or

14: Not successful, click on set up the connection anyway

wink

15: Next, you will be required to set the network location, just choose any of the locations jare (Vista is just wish to be troublesome)

16: Double click on the connection profile you just created

17: Click on Dial (or what again were you waiting for? )

18: Hurry, successfully connected to network

19: Go to control panel (with classic veiw) > click on Network And Sharing Center and click on manage network connection

20: Right click on your connection name to create a shortcut on your desktop

Cheack your desktop, you will notice an icon like this

If connected yet not browsing,

Go to control panel (with classic veiw) > click on Internet options then go to connections tab. Select your connection and click on settings

Mark use proxy server

For celtel, let your address be: 172.18.254.5 and port: 8080

OK Cool
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by AKO1(m): 11:01pm On Jun 15, 2008
InfoBaba, thanks for your effort. I browse with my PC though I wont mind this one for times when my ISP decides to vex,

1. Does the same apply for xp?

2. Do you have the settings for GLO?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 11:06pm On Jun 15, 2008
A_K_O:

Does the same apply for xp?

Go to page two for that of XP. The above settings is for Vista.

A_K_O:

Do you have the settings for GLO?

YOu have to edit the extra initialization command to the Access point of Glo
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by AKO1(m): 11:11pm On Jun 15, 2008
Taink u BaBa
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by AKO1(m): 11:32pm On Jun 15, 2008
Do you know why its not going beyond 'registering your computer,
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by ztyle(m): 11:53pm On Jun 15, 2008
@Info u know i'm not in Nigeria Yet u don't want to help me OUT.
I have Iphone and Nokia 5200. Since iphone can't work can i use my Nokia 5200 to Browse with my Pc.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 12:12am On Jun 16, 2008
@ A_K_O

Not to worry, with the srceenshot am inserting one after the other, you will understand better

@ ztyle

Sure. But that depends on your pocket or are you also browsing free over there? shocked
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by ztyle(m): 12:58am On Jun 16, 2008
Info here it's FREE BROWSING all the way but they don't know how to use their phones as a modem? So give me the desciption so i will post it in my blog,well u can check & find out how many GSM network we have.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 1:07am On Jun 16, 2008
@ ztyle

Go to page 2 or 4 of this thread. I gota go now
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by ztyle(m): 1:53am On Jun 16, 2008
Wow, Thank Info i gat the tips i can't wait to start makinq kool money with it. wink

For Nokia, Just Download Nokia Pc Suite and See urself browsinq damn it's easy. cheesy
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by ITtech(m): 6:38am On Jun 16, 2008
pls is the celtel browsing free?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 9:49am On Jun 16, 2008
@ ITtech

Yeap it is browsing free again
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by ztyle(m): 9:15pm On Jun 16, 2008
Now info? HOw can i get a model drive 4 my Chinese phone? undecided
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by tobidaflava(m): 1:51am On Jun 17, 2008
How can I configure my Nokia (6020 & 5200) manually and/or automatically with celtel em em es?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by ztyle(m): 12:08pm On Jun 17, 2008
@Tobi download Nokia Pc Suite User Guide, i guess it help. wink
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by nifty: 1:07pm On Jun 17, 2008
Plz my laptop connected to my phone but it not browzin and i already installed my pc suite how do i connect my phone to my pc suite
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by tobidaflava(m): 1:16pm On Jun 17, 2008
I'm talking about phone configuration.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by fanistic(m): 9:46pm On Jun 17, 2008
Pls i need help oh, i already know how to connect my phone to pc via cable and i actually browse wit it but i noticed electricity passes into my phone and gives me a shock when i try connecting phone to pc, so i decided to buy a bluetooth which i installed in my pc. Workin perfectly since i can send pics from my phone to pc. But i tried all what info pasted on page 2 but i cant browse wit this bluetooth. It says connected and my sent data is more then received date. A bluetooth dun modem is wat i used in connecting pls help wat have i left untouched.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by fanistic(m): 9:55pm On Jun 17, 2008
I use celtel mms in connecting via cable pls i need help on how to connect via bluetooth. Any one using bluetooth in connecting to pc should please paste the abc of how i can connect. I know am not just getting one little thing right cos had gotten a connecting wit pc quite stating my connection speed as 921 but i just cant browse guys i need help oh. Cant afford t o continue wit cable that spoilt my first phone oh electric shock
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by fanistic(m): 5:12pm On Jun 18, 2008
Any info yet
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by enifome(m): 8:35am On Jun 19, 2008
I need your help bro
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by ojesymsym: 3:50pm On Jun 19, 2008
In ph I donot think that celtel's gprs works. I have tried connecting with my glo and mtn and it keeps saying suscribe to packet service first, but i do browse wit my phone so y does it say that?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by hansibone(m): 7:36am On Jun 20, 2008
INFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i nide ur help my [size=20pt]3310 [/size] is not BROWSIN ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! grin
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 6:50am On Jun 21, 2008
ztyle:

Now info? HOw can i get a model drive 4 my Chinese phone? undecided

Click here grin

tobidaflava:

How can I configure my Nokia (6020 & 5200) manually and/or automatically with celtel em em es?

Click here

Bayo-Maya:

CELTEL SETTINGS

WAP PROFILE
NAME: Celtel WAP
----------------
ACCESS POINT : wap.ng.celtel.com
INTERNET MODE : WAP
GATEWAY ADDRESS : 172.018.254.005
SECURITY : off
USERNAME : wap
PASSWORD : wap

INTERNET PROFILE
NAME: Celtel GPRS
----------------
ACCESS POINT : internet.ng.celtel.com
INTERNET MODE : HTTP
USE PROXY : Yes
PROXY ADDRESS : 172.018.254.005
PORT NUMBER : 8080
USERNAME : internet
PASSWORD : internet

Cont.

Celtel MMS

NAME: MMS
----------------
ACCESS POINT : mms.ng.celtel.com
INTERNET MODE : wap
USE PROXY : Yes
PROXY ADDRESS : 172.018.254.005
PORT NUMBER : 8080
USERNAME : mms
PASSWORD : mms

@ Nifty

Click here

fanistic:

It says connected and my sent data is more then received date.

Click here You might take interest with Ivt Bluesoleil V. 5.0.5 wink

@ Hansibone

Which error message did you encounter? tongue
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by ITtech(m): 8:57am On Jun 21, 2008
@infobaba
please i have done the configuration, and it succesfully connected to the internet using my n80 as modem, but within a second, all my credit is gone, is there anything i can do to keep my money from being deducted, please help me out. my mail address is dayot4real@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 4:11pm On Jun 21, 2008
@ ITtech

I didn't create this thread for 'free browsing'
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 12:37pm On Jun 22, 2008
@ ITtech

Buzz me on YIM
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by lynxnoon(m): 1:13pm On Jun 22, 2008
@info
hw far? have u experienced somtin like dis?
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by MrInfo1(m): 1:26pm On Jun 22, 2008
@ lynxnoon

Can u Capture-A-ScreenShot of you YIM.
Re: How To Use Your Mobile Phone As A Modem (with Images) by lynxnoon(m): 1:39pm On Jun 22, 2008
@infobaba
yes i know hw to capture but dont know how to retrieve captured files sad
any help?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply)

2go Downlaod, Tips, Star Cheats And Mobile Chats / Iphone SE 2020 ($399): Should Anyone Buy This? / >>Opera Mini<<<

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.