Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,620 members, 7,962,020 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 07:43 PM

Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... (24061 Views)

How This Picture Changed My Life For The Best / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband / He Reveals His True Identity And Wants A Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Metalgoong(m): 5:21am On Sep 11, 2012
USAMarshal:

After reading this ladies story about ivf, her previous post and 9 years childlessnes, I feel like I know who she is. For readers wanting to know what happened this time, I will say read between the lines. The hubby was getting sperm from a [b]street walker for the IVF[/b] ( IVF involves artificial fertilization of the egg with male sperm).I will advice her to leave him and also sue his ass. He is a devil in human form!!!How could he do that if not that he is horrible.

Are you implying that the American hubby was also a homo who was getting sp.erm from his man lovers . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Sexxymom(f): 5:39am On Sep 11, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

This too shall pass. Just take each day one step at a time. The Lord is your strength.

As for all the insensitive nairalanders talking trash to the poster, God is watching you. Just because this is an online forum does not mean you have to display your heartlessness here. Then again, I have long known that most Nigerians can be so insensitive. Why do you think I keep most Nigerians at bay? Mtshew!
everyone's is entitle to their own opinion. There are 2 sides to a story.u've heard the op's side what about d ex? she got married to a divorcee,did she find out what TRULY happened with his previous marriage? What if she lacked some qualities(no one's perfect), what if she nagged him or wasnt good in bed,cooking or any other thing? was she willing to correct it? A man is d head of a family while d woman is d neck of a family,they both need eachother to stand.not everything u say online,d op cant tell u d whole story or did u or me live with them to knw if all she says are correct
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Metalgoong(m): 5:48am On Sep 11, 2012
Sexxymom: everyone's is entitle to their own opinion. There are 2 sides to a story.u've heard the op's side what about d ex? she got married to a divorcee,did she find out what TRULY happened with his previous marriage? What if she lacked some qualities(no one's perfect), what if she nagged him or wasnt good in bed,cooking or any other thing? was she willing to correct it? A man is d head of a family while d woman is d neck of a family,they both need eachother to stand.not everything u say online,d op cant tell u d whole story or did u or me live with them to knw if all she says are correct

Don't worry, she will soon tell you how stupid and ignorant you Nigerian women are, and how you Nigerian women are the cause of how those chauvinistic, misogynistic, bad , and wicked Nigerian men are treating you all . . lol grin grin grin grin

Nice post though.
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Metalgoong(m): 5:49am On Sep 11, 2012
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Tedpgrass: 5:50am On Sep 11, 2012
afam4eva: You got over it the moment you signed the divorce papers.

Be sensitive, man...
Or simply leave without making comments
There were alleged "IVF issues" so It's a little more complicated than petty matters.

Thank you.

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 5:53am On Sep 11, 2012
LMAO, nothing someone won't read on this forum.

@Topic
Pslm23, I am so sorry for what you are going through. I remember your thread on bad spousal habits, your thread on IVF. I remember your posts and I pray God sees you through as you face this very difficult situation. 10 years isn't lost, just see it as a leaning class you had to endure and graduated from it after so much struggle.

The God I know will wipe away your tears and like the igbos will say "onu kuru'njo ge ku nma" . Continue with therapy and thank God you came out of it Alive. Stay away from men for now and ask yourself what exactly you want from a man and where you plan to be in the next 5 years. Do not let people say you won't find someone else, if it is Gods will you will.

I love you kiss

4 Likes

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Sexxymom(f): 5:55am On Sep 11, 2012
Kobojunkie:

The above is insensitive and not grounded in reality.

No matter how pompous, filled-with-self, confident you are, as long as you are human, REJECTION hits you about the same way it hits others. Only we all deal with it in different ways. Rejection knows no gender.
this is d part where i would say "love is blind" but guess what?my love is wearing a sharp glasses so i can see well and clear. Sometimes d sign r there but we choose to ignore beliving it will get better and on d long run its get worst.i dnt have to wait to b rejected,once i see and feel d signs i reject d person.a strong woman should learn to controll her emotions and not her emotions controlling her. Gudluck kobo.
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Sexxymom(f): 6:05am On Sep 11, 2012
Metalgoong:

Don't worry, she will soon tell you how stupid and ignorant you Nigerian women are, and how you Nigerian women are the cause of how those chauvinistic, misogynistic, bad , and wicked Nigerian men are treating you all . . lol grin grin grin grin

Nice post though.
u just siad nigerian women( i am an indivdidual) i speak and act for myself.i dnt have to act like u or nigerians,i am me cos u dnt run my emotions and thinking for me. "YES I AM A NIGERIAN" but we all think and see things diffently cos not d same mama gave birth to us all.( address d individual dnt generalise)am sure where u come from u've got good and bad people.
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 11, 2012

3 Likes

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by ifyalways(f): 7:59am On Sep 11, 2012
How does having grown children make him a divorcee?not possible that the wife is late? Na wao for us oh.

@Psalm, in as much as you didn't ask for this and I don't know what really happened, I wish you take time off to think all your decisions through rationally. You are sad and in pains and its very normal to be but is there any hope of forgiveness, working it all out? Don't close that window.

You still have a lot to thank God and stay positive for. Stay strong!
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by richyblink1(m): 8:50am On Sep 11, 2012
God can mend a broken hrt only if we can gv him all d pieces.
Poster,when life seems to b so tough & u feel u r alone;take a deep breath & reflect on all d positive things in ur life,u will sure see a reason to smile.

Its time to move on,mix with positive peepz. Read motivational books which will help u discover D GIANT IN U.
In life there will always b challanges,bt mind u;THERE WILL ALWAYS B TOMORROW.
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by manbuchai: 9:14am On Sep 11, 2012
pslm23: Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. This is indeed a road i never thought i'd walk! When i said "I Do" to him, i fully intended to stay married forever. What this has taught me though is that we as humans might have our own pre-conceived ideas on how we want our lives to turn out but in the long run,God has the ultimate say so!

I will not entirely lay the blame on him because yes, this IVF thing really took its toll on me but that does not warrant what he did, how he did it, putting me, my health and everything i have ever worked for at such great risk. Not knowing if i was going to be told i had contracted some horrible disease that will kill me and to cap it all, he was unapologetic. The ultimate betrayal is telling your wife, that you intentionally took that male birth control measure because you never really wanted any more children cos you have grown children from your first marriage! All these years of IUI, IVF and trying to be a mommy, and it took catching him with a street walker for the truth to come out! I thought i had a happy fulfilled marriage that was only lacking one thing, a child!
This is why i asked, how do i learn to breathe again in a normal way? how can i remove this heaviness from my heart? How will i ever trust anybody again, man or woman!
That your marriage crashed is not the end of your life.I have seen worst cases,yet those involved still moved on.Your life does not depend on a particular man!It is only God that is dependable,not human.I do not know how old you are,but you must move on.You still have chances to put your life on track again.I have learnt to believe that in life nothing is impossible,it is still possible for you to live your dream life."With God all things are possible"
I am still in therapy, i have travelled to be with my sister and her kids, but the pain is still there. I loved that man with all my heart! I really did! One day, i will stand strong again but i doubt if i ever will love again like i did!
God bless you all for your responses!
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by doubleroti: 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2012
One thing i have to say is this, It's possible to look back at these times and moments in some months or years to come, and boldly declare that "Even though it was rough, hard and hopeless, I came out just fine".......YES it's very possible and the only way i know is through God and his Word. Cling unto him and seek comfort in him.

It most probably won't be an easy process, but you will have a reason to believe for a happy life at the end of the day. I pray for strength and grace with you.
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by USAMarshal: 12:53pm On Sep 11, 2012
Today
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Kobojunkie: 1:15pm On Sep 11, 2012
Sexxymom: this is d part where i would say "love is blind" but guess what?my love is wearing a sharp glasses so i can see well and clear. Sometimes d sign r there but we choose to ignore beliving it will get better and on d long run its get worst.i dnt have to wait to b rejected,once i see and feel d signs i reject d person.a strong woman should learn to controll her emotions and not her emotions controlling her. Gudluck kobo.

Soooooooooooo . . . when a woman is dealing with divorce, she should control her emotions, BECAUSE there is a medal for those who bottle-it-up? I don't understand what the heck that advice even means. If anything it sounds stoopoid. I mean why would any person choose NOT TO MOURN, not to WEEP, not to let go . . what makes you think or believe that is what makes people strong? What made that crap up?

Let me guess, do you also believe that men who cry are week men? Unbelievable! a strong woman should learn to control her emotions and not her emotions controlling her. Why in the world does an adult in the year 2012 cling to this sort of nonsense?

2 Likes

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Kobojunkie: 1:35pm On Sep 11, 2012
USAMarshal: sperm. you need sperm and eggg for IVF

I get that, I just don't get what you mean by he took it from a street walker? What for? Usually during IVFs it is ok for the donors to be those seeking help.

Anyways, I am not informed on the IVF side of this so I don't think it should matter what the man did there.
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 11, 2012
I can tell that YOU will be fine from your old threads i see a strong, passionate woman who will fight for what she wants. Never giving up spirit and sometimes that is all you need and there is no shame in what happened to you, the beauty of every story is that someone somewhere will learn from it and it is ok to fall apart and mend again. Do you know you have been an inspiration for so many people world wide to keep trying against all odds. You are a champion lady. Maybe you can start by writing a book. loads of love and hugs.
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 11, 2012
Siena:

I beg to disagree. I have followed Sister Pslm's other thread, and read between the lines. Her decision to get a divorce wouldn't have been made lightly. Staying married in the circumstances she found herself in would be unhealthy. Your attitude here is one of the reasons there are lots of unhappy marriages. Staying in such a relationship is damaging, and no less a failed marriage than if you upped and left.

I'm not a woman, but I've been there, my decision to get a divorce was one of the sanest choices I ever made. Sister Pslm, just like there's no parenting manual, manual telling you how to handle grief and hurt, there's no manual that tells you how to cope with divorce. You take each day as it comes, and in time, you'll heal. You'll learn to love yourself, and the hurt and recriminations will fade. I followed your other thread, and you're a truly remarkable woman, many would have buckled under the strain, but not you, the sterner stuff you're made of will see you through.

Take heart, I know deep down you'll be fine. Think of this as the beginning of the rest of your life. smiley

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Ivynwa(f): 2:18pm On Sep 11, 2012
chaircover:

Ivy, Husband wife matter is very delicate and complicated and even though you are condemning the people saying nasty things to Psalm, you are guilty too. This woman asked for help on how to get over this and move forward, she didn't ask for anyone to condemn her husband. He is still her husband until the day that they divorce. Worst things have happened in peoples marriages and they have managed to get through it so you can never say never until its final.

You have just called someone a devil based on a few lines that psalm wrote. Even psalm didn't call her husband a devil and I dont even think that 80% of us understood what exactly went on from psalms explanation, but we all know that she is hurting and that we are trying to counsel her, which you can do without bringing the husband down because indirectly you are bringing her down too; you are indirectly calling her a fool for being with a devil & trying to have a devils kids . . . . .you see what I mean?

Please try not to let us run away with out emotions. She is very vulnerable right now and one has to be careful what one says.

Ewoo, Nne her husband is an angel. Yes o-o he is even the most favorite angel before Angel Michael came to be. I hope you are happy now that I am keeping the unwritten rules of some persons in nairaland. You have to sit nice and prim and read it to me that I called a man (that is taking birth control measure yet watching his wife going through rigorous IVF treatment) a devil. What have you said to the persons reminding her that she married a divorcee and others telling her that she is being punished for the part she played in another marriage?

If you want to counsel her your own way/method, why don't you close the thread and go counsel her alone that way you won't need to see the comment of other posters instead of writing your own script to put in my mouth to comment. If you want to read only what you want to hear here then start with admonishing the main culprits that throw acid and atomic bomb of words on people when they come sharing their sorrows here or do you enjoy it when certain persons mock people sharing their problems here? We are all reading and feeling sorry for this lady, I hope things work out good for her as it won't be up to six months when the mockers in the section will start rubbing it in her face and laughing at her how she is below them for having no husband and a broken marriage. You know what am talking about woman, a pregnant woman has been made jest of because of her financial state, distressed women in unhappy marriages insulted and called names, just two days ago a man that has shared his divorce story was mocked right in your face madam and you never said a word because the persons that mock people here are untouchables/too big in your eyes to be admonished.

You can tell the moderator to ban me for not commenting the way you want, You can even open a thread and be telling the unmarried lady how complicated marriage is, you can also come and sweep me out of the forum and section nah as I no carry marriage certificate like una wey dey feel married and on top of the world. Excuse me.
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 11, 2012
Ivynwa:

Ewoo, Nne her husband is an angel. Yes o-o he is even the most favorite angel before Angel Michael came to be. I hope you are happy now that I am keeping the unwritten rules of some persons in nairaland. You have to sit nice and prim and read it to me that I called a man (that is taking birth control measure yet watching his wife going through rigorous IVF treatment) a devil. What have you said to the persons reminding her that she married a divorcee and others telling her that she is being punished for the part she played in another marriage?

If you want to counsel her your own way/method, why don't you close the thread and go counsel her alone that way you won't need to see the comment of other posters to instead of writing your own script to put in my mouth to comment. If you want to read only what you want to hear here then start with admonishing the main culprits that throw acid and atomic bomb of words on people when they come sharing their sorrows here. We are all reading and feeling sorry for this lady, I hope things work out good for her as it won't be up to six months when the mockers in the section will start rubbing it in her face and laughing at her how she is below them for having no husband and a broken marriage. You know what am talking about woman, a pregnant woman has been made jest of because of her financial state, distressed women in unhappy marriages insulted and called names, just two days ago a man that has shared his divorce story was mocked right in your face madam and you never say a word because the persons that mock people here are untouchables/too big in your eyes to be admonished. You can tell the moderator to ban me for not commenting the way you want, You can even open a thread and be telling the unmarried lady how complicated marriage is, you can also come and sweep me out of the forum and section nah as I no carry marriage certificate like una wey dey feel married and on top of the world. Excuse me.

Ivy nwa'm madam CC's right.

I mean I went through her previous posts and saw how much her husband supported her while she was TTCing. Abeg the man try jor . . .

I still find it difficult to believe that he will go through all that and then go and take birth controls pills behind her back. Looks like he 'said' that just to spite her!

Let's not help her to crucify him yet. No man who stands through a woman through all that is worth being called a Devil!
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 11, 2012
Ivynwa:

You can tell the moderator to ban me for not commenting the way you want, You can even open a thread and be telling the unmarried lady how complicated marriage is, you can also come and sweep me out of the forum and section nah as I no carry marriage certificate like una wey dey feel married and on top of the world. Excuse me.

So uncalled for . . . .

Nobody feels better off just cos they are married. I hope your insecurities is not getting the better of you. You are bigger than such pettiness my sister!

1 Like

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Ivynwa(f): 2:35pm On Sep 11, 2012
Who cares whether she is right or wrong? If she wants to be right about admonishing she should admonish when people gets mocked about in the forum, she can't tell me that they are trying to counsel somebody and that I shouldn't say what I said. The forum is for everybody not for a certain some. You can type in all that you want to say too. Thanks.
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by DBestDoc(f): 2:40pm On Sep 11, 2012
I'm really scared of life.
Yeah, i followed through your IVF post last year and i was really impressed by your resilience, couldn't help but pray for you and ur hubby everyday.
Im So shocked and short of words.I'm sure this too will pass and you will go through this unbroken.
MAN CAN FAIL YOU,BUT GOD NEVER FAILS.HIS LOVE IS UNCONDITIONAL,YOU DON'T HAVE TO EARN IT COS HE LOVES YOU JUST PERFECTLY. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 11, 2012
Ivynwa: Who cares whether she is right or wrong? If she wants to be right about admonishing she should admonish when people gets mocked about in the forum, she can't tell me that they are trying to counsel somebody and that I shouldn't say what I said. The forum is for everybody not for a certain some. You can type in all that you want to say too. Thanks.

Haba . .. na fight? There's no need for you to get antagonistic over a minor correction.
Anyways na you sabi. Me I don tire to talk today jare . . .
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by ifyalways(f): 2:49pm On Sep 11, 2012
Uju, ivy unu akpasukwana m iwe. Ozugo nu.
She needs our support not for us to nuso onwe anyi ogu. Biko.
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Ivynwa(f): 2:50pm On Sep 11, 2012
Ujujoan:

Haba . .. na fight? There's no need for you to get antagonistic over a minor correction.
Anyways na you sabi. Me I don tire to talk today jare . . .

Go about your business sweetheart.
Where did the word "fight" emanate from? Be the lady that you are and walk on please. Thanks very much.
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 11, 2012
ifyalways: Uju, ivy unu akpasukwana m iwe. Ozugo nu.
She needs our support not for us to nuso onwe anyi ogu. Biko.

Ivy ma na ike adi ro'm taata!

Ivynwa:

Go about your business sweetheart.
Where did the word "fight" emanate from? Be the lady that you are and walk on please. Thanks very much.

Shaking my b0tt0m right and left . . . making shakara and walking away! cool cool
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Ivynwa(f): 3:00pm On Sep 11, 2012
Ujujoan:

Ivy ma na ike adi ro'm taata!

Shaking my b0tt0m right and left . . . making shakara and walking away! cool cool

Now I couldn't resist not laughing at that, yes shake what mama gave you grin.
Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 11, 2012

1 Like

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by pslm23(f): 4:53pm On Sep 11, 2012
He's a widower. before we got married, we talked about having kids. 3 as a matter of fact.

Androgel is a cream used to treat low testetorone in men but usually it is men who have no intention of having more kids that use this cream because of what it does to the s.p.erm count! and they tell any woman who has intentions of having children, not to come in contact with the cream cos it will affect her ability to get pregnant. He never told me that he had started using this cream until the day of my ER when it was time to collect his sample and it turned out that he had not even one swimmer alive. He was told to stop using it for the next 6 months so his count will come back up. He did not. He continued using it.

When he gave me his confession after i caught them, he told me that he was very relieved now to have that secret off his back because the guilt has been hitting him hard. He knew he didn't want any more kids early last year but he says he didn't know how to tell me!

I was a good wife. i respected him as best as i could. He was my best friend, the only family i had here. we had rocky times in the marriage but that is normal! We still weathered all storms and made it past 10 years.

Right now, i guess the Androgel is working big time and making him feel all macho cos he was the first to sign the papers and all and he is living his life to the hilt! I would never have stood in his way if he had just been honest with me from the first time he started feeling like he wanted out of the marriage! Better i walked away healthy than have to perform "wifely" duties with a man who just came from another street walker's arms!

I posted what i was going through here because during my IVF journey, many of you gave me the strength i needed to see this thing through. I am not asking for pity, love or condemnation. I just wanted a shoulder to cry on outside of my sister's, i just wanted anybody that knows or has been through a divorce to encourage me. Dealing with property division, insurance stuff and so many other things you built together can be very tough, knowing that in about 3 weeks, i will have my father's name back after being known as something else for so long, knowing that he will go on and keep having a fantastic life while i am here afraid to move on and trust another person! My dreams of having my own child will happen with or without a husband! The eggs that were collected on that faithful day are presently being frozen and stored at the clinic until i decide whether to go ahead with a donor! Right now, i'm in no frame of mind to make any decisions regarding them.

I do sincerely thank all of you for your positive feedback and encouragement and even those who gave their negative comments, thank you! Everyday is a learning process. I have learnt a thing or two from what has happened! Good and bad
Today i am stronger than i was yesterday and it is because of those of you here that reached out to me privately and here.

Thank you!

11 Likes

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by freecocoa(f): 5:05pm On Sep 11, 2012
Sister thank God you are pulling through, just stay strong, you will smile again.

Btw that her husband wicked, i can't help saying it abeg, he was just deceiving her all those years and well God go judge am sha.angry

2 Likes

Re: Life For A Woman After A Divorce.... by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 11, 2012

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ladies: Would You Welcome A Framed Picture Of Your MIL In Your Home? / If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? / Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.