Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,423 members, 7,961,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 09:09 PM

Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? (13938 Views)

These Are The People Whom Jesus Will Damn In Hell Fire / It Is Illogical To Prove That The Qur'an Best Describe Whom Jesus Is! / Testimony Of An Ex-disciple Of A Top American Witch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by Wislet(f): 3:00pm On Oct 07, 2012
Billyonaire: Mary Magdalene was Jesus' Loved Disciple, there is no point hiding this obvious truth, because it does not in any way reduce the personality of the founder of Christianity but it can go a long way to put human face on this great King of the Jews. Mary Magdalene and Jesus Christ were great friends, and lovers.
BE VERY VERY CAREFUL..
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by plaetton: 3:03pm On Oct 07, 2012
Wislet: BE VERY VERY CAREFUL..

Here we go with threats again.
Excellent defence against common sense.

What else does religion really offer other than the threat of eternal hell?

1 Like

Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by Wislet(f): 3:07pm On Oct 07, 2012
plaetton:

He he he.
Funniest one so far.
Here they go again.
The bible is not to discerned with human common sense.
So idiocy is the prefered method of understanding?
First drink the religious or holy ghost drug and then get an understanding?

Funny enough, I agree with you 100%. We non-religious folks always tell you that religious beliefs are creations of the human mind.
The irony, funny but sad, is that no religious person agrees with this, yet,you keep repeating this mantra that god,holy ghost and scriptures are not to be understood with reason based on facts or even common sense.

What a tangled web!

Human philosophy will only have you spinning in a web?
Are you saying that your education was a big waste of time and resources?

Stop quoting scholars.?
I guess we should be quoting holy ghosts?

What are you still doing in this planet since you reject human understanding, human philosophy , education and scholarship?
u do not deserve any time wasted to reply you sensibly.
So i'll summarize it thus: talk of a lost man.
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by malaria(f): 3:48pm On Oct 07, 2012
Delafruita:
my dear you just quoted john as saying john was the beloved disciple.did you expect john to say phillip or thomas was the beloved disciple?
Have u ever wondered why John wrote the book of revelations. If he wznt the beloved, why wz everything revealed 2 him. John wz also among the 3 inner friends of Jesus Christ. And he is always taking them along.
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by malaria(f): 4:04pm On Oct 07, 2012
plaetton: Let me get to the meat of the issue by asking you a question.

Do you think, not believe, that jesus could have been married?

many movies aimed at confusing ppl. The body, The lost tomb of Jesus. They are beginning 2 affect you. don't think u knw 2 much . Ur believe is ur choice.channel ur knwoledge towards something meaninful not this thread with no moral. The resultant effect is Zero.
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by Redmosquito(m): 4:08pm On Oct 07, 2012
Nobody even call Judas. From a point of view, it can be said that only Judas was loved enough to take up the task of betraying Jesus. Christ had to die to save the world,didn't he? embarassedNobody even call Judas. From a point of view, it can be said that only Judas was loved enough to take up the task of betraying Jesus. Christ had to die to save the world,didn't he?
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by malaria(f): 4:16pm On Oct 07, 2012
Bélla3: John the baptise wrote the book of John nt john the beloved, they are two different pple.
Did he arose after death, 2 write such. John the baptist is a cousin 2 Jesus Christ and his mission on earth ended after jesus's baptism.
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2012
Wislet: u do not deserve any time wasted to reply you sensibly.
So i'll summarize it thus: talk of a lost man.

my dear, when you talk about sensibility, you talk about mental responsiveness and awareness, showing reasonable sound judgment and intelligence. Religions, its teachings and followers lack those characteristics intemperately! none of them make any sense to rationalism, in fact i would say that the most sensible act of any human is to seek FREEDOM from religions' metal bondage.

2 Likes

Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by plaetton: 4:27pm On Oct 07, 2012
malaria:

many movies aimed at confusing ppl. The body, The lost tomb of Jesus. They are beginning 2 affect you. don't think u knw 2 much . Ur believe is ur choice.channel ur knwoledge towards something meaninful not this thread with no moral. The resultant effect is Zero.

He he he.
Movies? lol
Is that where you get your knowledge?
The disciple whom jesus loved is in the bible, not in the movies.
The debates regarding Jesus, his family life and his pupported realtionaship with a certain disciple is as old as christianity itself.
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by Ubenedictus(m): 4:55pm On Oct 07, 2012
tintingz: buh it exist
do u have an idea of hw many 'gospels' exist? In d early church all d condemned heresy had their own gospels. The appearance of a gospel doesnt make it true that is why d early church compiled d early xtian writting and call it 'the bible'.
Since u are so keen on what and what 'gospel' exist, maybe i will make my own gospel and call it d gospel accding to timothy.
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by Ubenedictus(m): 4:58pm On Oct 07, 2012
plaetton:

John who?
last name please.

Which john?
In what year did this happen?
go and do ur home work.
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by plaetton: 5:10pm On Oct 07, 2012
Ubenedictus: do u have an idea of hw many 'gospels' exist? In d early church all d condemned heresy had their own gospels. The appearance of a gospel doesnt make it true that is why d early church compiled d early xtian writting and call it 'the bible'.
Since u are so keen on what and what 'gospel' exist, maybe i will make my own gospel and call it d gospel accding to timothy.

Do you see how funny and ridiculous the above sounds?.
God inspired and dictated gospels, then self appointed men, vetted the gospels and selected which ones were good enough, right?

In other words, the early churchmen gave us the bible.

Funny.
And all this while, I had been made to believe that the bible was from god.

Thanks for that clarification.

And if I may ask, what makes a gospel true?
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by tintingz(m): 5:22pm On Oct 07, 2012
Ubenedictus: do u have an idea of hw many 'gospels' exist? In d early church all d condemned heresy had their own gospels. The appearance of a gospel doesnt make it true that is why d early church compiled d early xtian writting and call it 'the bible'.
Lol. . .so some gospel were hidden by the early church to decieve christians. . .no wonder the bible is so corrupt a book claim to be inspired by God is chosen and compiled by men? While there are many corrupts hadiths written by many enemies of Mohammed(SAW) that has many false, lies about him buh still this corrupt hadiths were not hidden nor destroyed by early Muslims
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 07, 2012
Ubenedictus:
1. The appearance of a gospel doesnt make it true
2. d early church compiled d early xtian writting and call it 'the bible'.

the above has put the last nail to the coffin of xtianity. i hope other blind followers come to this realization.

2 Likes

Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by plaetton: 5:46pm On Oct 07, 2012
991:

the above has put the last nail to the coffin of xtianity. i hope other blind followers come to this realization.

Yes o, I salute the guy.
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 07, 2012
dis question hard well well, d ppl who suppose to answer am don disappear, d ones wey attempt no sabi how dem go take answer am!
seems like religion sef na wash. wetin e teach some ppl no be wetin e teach other ppl... am learning sha, funny world.
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by umar745(m): 9:36pm On Oct 07, 2012
Mary Magdalene
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by Ayowumie(m): 10:16pm On Oct 07, 2012
The disciple whom Jesus loved was LAZARUS. How do I know this - John 11:3. Some people might want to argue that Lazarus wasn't a disciple, check this out Acts 1:21-23. Jesus had many disciples but 12 CHOSEN disciples. Out of these, 3 are regarded as INNER-COCOS disciples, theses are Peter, John & James. This disciple whom Jesus loved is also the writer of the fourth gospel. Let me give u a scenario, if u were to write a memo of ur account in life, wouldn't u include those special moments of ur life? Am sure u wud. There are 3 defining moments of John's life that were recorded in d books of Matthew, Luke & Mark but these are not found in the book of John. One of the moments was what happened on d mount of tranafiguration. Why where the moments not captured in d book of John? Am usin fone to do d typing, so its nt easy. I have biblical evidences to proove its Lazarus. Shud u want more clarificatn, u cud get in touch mailay2day@yahoo.com
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by bigmaut: 11:00pm On Oct 07, 2012
plaetton: The Bible is very interesting book that reveals as well as conceals. Any out-of-place or awkward passage in the bible always tend to reveal a bigger story when studied closely with an open mind.

Several times in the gospels there are mentions of "The disciple whom Jesus loved".

Uncharacteristically of the bible, this disciple is never named and has remained a mystery.

For the bible, or should I say, the gospel writer, to go out of his way to reiterate and emphasize that there was a disciple whom Jesus loved, we have to accept that indeed there was something special about that love that must have been far different from the general love Jesus had for the rest of his disciples, his parents, his brothers, and the rest of humanity for whom he was said to have died for in order to save.

For Jesus, assumed to be god in flesh,to single out one disciple, one individual, to bestow a special kind of love is quite intriguing. Don't you agree?
So who was this disciple, was it a male or female disciple?
So what kind of love was this, was it romantic love,platonic love, or just a special fondness?

And most importantly, why does the bible not mention the name of this special disciple?

Is it remotely possible that the compilers of the gospel canons deliberately deleted the identity of this special disciple?
How does this mischief affect d price of beans or alleviate yur poverty level
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by plaetton: 11:47pm On Oct 07, 2012
bigmaut:
How does this mischief affect d price of beans or alleviate yur poverty level

Moro.n. undecided
And does your moronic question alleviate your mental poverty?

This is a forum, a religious forum, in case you had not noticed, where opinions are free and very abundant.
If your mind is shackled and caged up, you should not envy or show bad belle to those whose minds are free, free to ask questions.
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by deluckiest(m): 12:23am On Oct 08, 2012
Billyonaire: Mary Magdalene was Jesus' Loved Disciple, there is no point hiding this obvious truth, because it does not in any way reduce the personality of the founder of Christianity but it can go a long way to put human face on this great King of the Jews. Mary Magdalene and Jesus Christ were great friends, and lovers.

John 20:1-10
Now on the first day of the week Mary Magdalene came to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb. 2 So she ran and went to Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one whom Jesus loved, and said to them, “They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid him.”

Don't base your conclusion on your imagination. At the bolded it is obvious Mary Magdalene isn't the one Jesus loved.
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by Nobody: 1:09am On Oct 08, 2012
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by Wislet(f): 9:15am On Oct 08, 2012
Billyonaire: About the bolded, the Book of Revelation was written before Jesus was even born, its older than every book in the New Testament.
billyonaire, pls don't let half-baked people teach you things that are in all ramifications, false.
John wrote the Book of Revelations after his encounter of heaven at the Island of Patmos., the wilderness(or desert) where those that wanted to kill him left him to die..
They tried every means possible to kill him(like they were killing the other apostles), but since God did not want him to die yet, it wasn't possible.
They left him in the desert alone to die.
Now, how could a disciple who followed The Lord Jesus when He was on earth, and who witnessed the persecution and deaths of his fellow disciples(which he was a part of- in his case to die on the Island)suddenly witness the birth of Jesus?
Did the other disciples with whom he was persecuted along with after Jesus had resurrected,(in which some of them died) suddenly wake up from the dead to follow a departed Saviour?
Revelations chapter 1 vs 7. Read it.
It says,'' Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, AND THEY ALSO WHICH PIERCED HIM: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen''.
Now, the capitalized is in the past tense. Which means he had already come, and his death and resurrection had already taken place.
Pls, be careful what you let into you. Read the Bible for yourself. Let no one tell you they are the authority on it and u must believe everything they tell you.
Many will be deceived even by those that call themselves scholars. So be careful..
The book is there for you to read and know by yourself.
The race is 'every man for himself'. No one will say, '' Lord, but my pastor said...''.
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by Wislet(f): 9:22am On Oct 08, 2012
991:

and who are you?
My prayer is that you do not perish in this way of life.
May ur eyes be opened before it is too late.
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 08, 2012
Wislet: and who are you?

and what do you know about religion(s)? i think you should pray more for the liberation of Africans from mental slavery.
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 08, 2012
Wislet: billyonaire, pls don't let half-baked people teach you things that are in all ramifications, false.
John wrote the Book of Revelations after his encounter of heaven at the Island of Patmos., the wilderness(or desert) where those that wanted to kill him left him to die..
They tried every means possible to kill him(like they were killing the other apostles), but since God did not want him to die yet, it wasn't possible.
They left him in the desert alone to die.
Now, how could a disciple who followed The Lord Jesus when He was on earth, and who witnessed the persecution and deaths of his fellow disciples(which he was a part of- in his case to die on the Island)suddenly witness the birth of Jesus?
Did the other disciples with whom he was persecuted along with after Jesus had resurrected,(in which some of them died) suddenly wake up from the dead to follow a departed Saviour?
Revelations chapter 1 vs 7. Read it.
It says,'' Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, AND THEY ALSO WHICH PIERCED HIM: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen''.
Now, the capitalized is in the past tense. Which means he had already come, and his death and resurrection had already taken place.
Pls, be careful what you let into you. Read the Bible for yourself. Let no one tell you they are the authority on it and u must believe everything they tell you.
Many will be deceived even by those that call themselves scholars. So be careful..
The book is there for you to read and know by yourself.
The race is 'every man for himself'. No one will say, '' Lord, but my pastor said...''.

well madam preacher, doesn't it occur to you that there are other religions whose teachings contradict that of the bible you are quoting? do you think they are stupid? now, what do they think of your own religion? 'all you know is not all that exist in this world'. and if you think the rest of the world will perish just because they have a different view on religions/beliefs, 'then you are the one whose eyes need to be open'

1 Like

Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by mapet: 11:04am On Oct 08, 2012
Looking at the Topic and some early postings, I dare to ask... Did many of you miss Sunday School when you were young? or Was Prayers and bible study not done in your homes

1. John is the Disciple in question.
2. But Is it not intruiging that Jesus built his church on Peter the Rock (so ojoro cancelled)....and that is the mark of leadership.
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by mapet: 11:07am On Oct 08, 2012
Bella3 is an Olodo bible student. John (the doctor)actually wrote the book of John, not John the baptist. John the desciple wrote revelations
malaria:
Did he arose after death, 2 write such. John the baptist is a cousin 2 Jesus Christ and his mission on earth ended after jesus's baptism.
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 08, 2012
Wislet: and who are you?

is that the answer to the OP's question? who was the disciple that jesus loved? if you know the answer share it, if you don't, then keep your religious bigotry to yourself. christians are typical of fear, condemning and threatening people with illusory punishments. nonsense!!
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by Wislet(f): 12:58pm On Oct 08, 2012
991:

well madam preacher, doesn't it occur to you that there are other religions whose teachings contradict that of the bible you are quoting? do you think they are stupid? now, what do they think of your own religion? 'all you know is not all that exist in this world'. and if you think the rest of the world will perish just because they have a different view on religions/beliefs, 'then you are the one whose eyes need to be open'
we are not talking about other 'religions' here.
Since Christianity is the one talked about here, at least get your facts right.
Sorry for the many people you may have successfully twarted their knowledge of the scripture.
People, READ YOUR BIBLE FOR YOURSELF. DO NOT BE DECEIVED BY ANY MAN.
Goodday.
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by Wislet(f): 1:00pm On Oct 08, 2012
Dr. Joe:

is that the answer to the OP's question? who was the disciple that jesus loved? if you know the answer share it, if you don't, then keep your religious bigotry to yourself. christians are typical of fear, condemning and threatening people with illusory punishments. nonsense!!
there is no fear in christendom.
And i have answered him, dr doom.
Have a nice day.
Re: Who Was The Disciple Whom Jesus Loved? by Realtym(f): 3:09pm On Oct 08, 2012
991:

Actually it was Mary Magdalene.
If I hear angry You've obviously been reading too many Dan Brown Books!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Basis Of Human Morality / What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? / Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.