Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,126 members, 7,936,496 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 02:34 PM

Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! (23260 Views)

Jimi Agbaje And Ambode At The Lagos State Governorship Debate (Photo) / Lagos Governorship Debate: Candidate Performace Ratings By Premium Times / Ondo State Governorship Debate Live On AIT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! by horlatunde(m): 12:40am On Oct 12, 2012
lazbay: A C N tell lies too much. I live in Osun State & I can confidently tell u that Aregbesola has demolished in 2 years more than what he can build in 8years. He has borrowed like nobody has ever done. Everytin in Osun now is standing still. Though I don't like PDP but from d look of things now, A C N is not a better option.
that was hw fashola started by destroying those useless structures on water ways and abt to collapse.. Now we are all praising his government... Aregesola is less dan three years in power..
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! by walekemi: 1:45am On Oct 12, 2012
AKETI messed himself up again grin but thank God he dnt say motor park is located in Ilesha 2day shocked.MIMIKO is our man&no body change the winning formular

1 Like

Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! by Nobody: 1:47am On Oct 12, 2012
alj harem: if ACN loses Ondo, then next election they would lose other states.

Oke is not bad
and how did u come to this conclusion?
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! by sholashogo: 2:07am On Oct 12, 2012
Dr. Olusegun Mimiko has performed well in the past three and a half years and i believe he still has more to offer ondo state. one good term deserves another. for a governor like Mimiko who has done reasonably well in his state, despite that his opponents have decided to close their eyes to the good projects he has embarked upon in the state. but he'll definitely win in the coming election.
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! by Nobody: 2:29am On Oct 12, 2012
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! by timitemi1: 3:20am On Oct 12, 2012
Dr. OLUSEGUN MIMIKO is the best, he deserve a second term becuse is the only one that believe in the good people of ondo state and God the father. unlike Oke that believe in principal(AGAGU) and Aketi that believe in godfather(JAGAMESS). Vote for Dr. OLUSEGUN MIMIKO the real omoluabi that have the interest of the good people of ondo state to protect. vote for continuity... IN IROKO WE TRUST
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! by kennytidistar(m): 4:19am On Oct 12, 2012
[horlatunde] that was hw fashola started by destroying those
useless structures on water ways and abt to collapse.. Now we are all
praising his government... Aregesola is less dan three years in
power..

and you and who is praising that charge and bail lawyer? who concension majority of our roads instead of him to comstruct it with allocations from fed govt and tax payers money, my question is where are the allocations and the tax payers money since we have to pay chinese firm before we can pass from one bustop to the other like in lekki and Victoria island.
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! by Nobody: 4:53am On Oct 12, 2012
McAdem: Ondo people should vote for personality not party

If PDP is the best ,they should vote for the candidate........remember Akpabio

you think that bs can work twice?

i voted jona not pdp
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! by Alxmyr(m): 5:28am On Oct 12, 2012
PStylish:

Akala was more powerful.Yet he was unseated. Let's wait and see.

You know little or nothing about politics. Akala depended on Adedibu, the demise of Adedibu cost Akala the governorship seat.
Mimiko started politics pretty early in life and has built a strong cluster of loyalist over time.
That is why since 1992 he has been very relevant in Ondo state politics. He won Ondo central for Adefarati. He did the same for Agagu and he holds the grassroots in his hands as we speak.
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! by Nobody: 5:46am On Oct 12, 2012
As d poster of dis thread, i performd som survey basd on d posts by Nairalanders so far. D survey showd dat Mimiko is clearly leading. He is follwd by Oke & Akeredolu respectvly.
Pls continue postn, it counts!
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! by clip: 5:59am On Oct 12, 2012
I agree that Mimiko is a grassroots man but he has not justified his staying there for 3 1/2 years.
Only cosmetic project.
moyin2009: so far so good, Oke is a good orator, Mimiko is bold enough to defend his goverment and Aketi has told us he has no idea about government.
6 years of PDP what is Oke input then?
In 35 years of Aketis achievements in life what has he done for Ondo state personally? please go and contest in Ibadan you home. we do not know you in Ondo.
In the last 3.5 years, we can see the following physically:
Mother and Child,
Neighborhood Markets,
Diagnostic center,
Mega Schools,
Water Fountain,
Round about,
Uninterrupted Street Light,
21st century Motor Park,
Ultra Modern Auto Malt,
Road Signs,
Pedestal Ways,
Water Channelization,
Democracy Park,
Bus Stops,
Student Free Shuttles,
Women Empowerment Scheme,
Farm Settlement,
mare festival,
Ongoing Road Construction,
Please, if you are lover of good things and your eyes is not deceiving you add to these list
of what you have truly seen in ONDO STATE IN THE LAST 3.5 years.
I rest my Case.
IROKO, 2013 SURE.
Thanks
All Mimiko supporters should think twice. It is the future of Ondo State that is important to all of us from Ondo State not individual .
I did my IT at Oluwa Glass, it was I wonderful experience.
Ajasin, ruled for 4 years with little resources and still achieve more than Mimiko.
Iroko, I am a shame to be your supporter cos of what you call achievement
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! by Godspikin: 6:48am On Oct 12, 2012
moyin2009: so far so good, Oke is a good orator, Mimiko is bold enough to defend his goverment and Aketi has told us he has no idea about government.
6 years of PDP what is Oke input then?
In 35 years of Aketis achievements in life what has he done for Ondo state personally? please go and contest in Ibadan you home. we do not know you in Ondo.
In the last 3.5 years, we can see the following physically:
Mother and Child,
Neighborhood Markets,
Diagnostic center,
Mega Schools,
Water Fountain,
Round about,

Uninterrupted Street Light,
21st century Motor Park,
Ultra Modern Auto Malt,
Road Signs,
Pedestal Ways,
Water Channelization
Democracy Park,
Bus Stops,
Student Free Shuttles,
Women Empowerment Scheme,
Farm Settlement,
mare festival[/s],
[s]Ongoing Road Construction
Please, if you are lover of good things and your eyes is not deceiving you add to these list
of what you have truly seen in ONDO STATE IN THE LAST 3.5 years.
I rest my Case.
IROKO, 2013 SURE.
Thanks

Whenever i see the foolishness of those campaigning for Mimiko being exhibited on Nairaland, all i can do is laugh.
In another thread on Nairaland i was arguing with one of them as a true son of the land knowing what actually obtains in reality, not TV propaganda and we were talking about the Mega schools, i asked him wcich of these projects as started running properly as a school and he said they are ready 4 commissioning, none out of the 42... 0/42 for 4 years, which the guy agreed and he blivs he has achieved and deserves to return a second term, Why should all of his projects have the "ready for commissioning" status??. That is the anthem of a fraudster not someone with good intentions, 4 years is a long time to plan and complete a project and to even see you guys say this everytime gives one a lot of concern, are you guys that daft to see??
About your post above you listed a lot of rubbish that a Local Govt Chairman should not list... road signs, mare festival, motor park, water fountain, round about in an oil rich state. My problem with most of you singing this tune is that a lot of you have never left the shores of Ondo State in your life, let alone visit other Oil Producing State to understand what development indices is all about. I served in Akwa Ibom and when you talk of Projects there you talk of Projects that has effect on the lives of the people, projects that will remain relevant for decades. I have been to Port Harcourt and i can say that Amaechi's Primary School Project that Mimiko copied is far better than his Mega School rubbish he is making Noise about and yet Amaechi is not even shouting about his.

My conclusion is that THE MORE YOU TRY TO COVER UP HIS CORRUPT AND NON-PERFORMING GOVERNMENT, THE MORE YOU EXPOSE HIM and it is either some of you are blinded by greed, cos it is obvious you must be directly receiving monetary benefits from a corrupt govt like his before you can go about town with this shameful achievements you always list in his defence or that you can only see within these things because of lack of vision and exposure. Even though i strongly believe most of you know the truth and deep down inside of you, you know he has not done anything worth praising let alone be reelected but you have sold your souls for a plate of PORRIDGE.
It's a shame, a big one at that.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! by plentykola(m): 7:02am On Oct 12, 2012
[quote author=rileest]It's clear from all the comments that Nigeria still has a long way to go actually... This is not a real debate, as someone pointed out, It's more of s soap opera with jabs being thrown here and there with Mimiko being the most guilty of this, he has not debated based on facts all evening but we Nigerian love someone that just shows to make is point. Akeredolu is a Lawyer so he doesn't have to throw jabs or shout loudly to make his case which is what the other two candidates have been doing for people to think they are doing well.
Bros thanx o
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! by Bawizy(m): 8:43am On Oct 12, 2012
The most matured of the three candidates is the ACN candidate. ACN has discovered the flaws of PDP which is "fielding candidates with low repute" and improved on it and i think that's ђã†̥ has been giving them a strong edge over PDP. The LP candidate (present Governor) was intimidated by the both parties (ACN & PDP) but he performed better than the PDP candidate even under such tension. The PDP has the poorest representation while the ACN håd the best performance.
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! by Orebukola(m): 8:59am On Oct 12, 2012
[quote author=lazbay]A C N tell lies too much. I live in Osun State & I can confidently tell u that Aregbesola has demolished in 2 years more than what he can build in 8years. He has borrowed like nobody has ever done. Everytin in Osun now is standing still. Though I don't like PDP but from d look of things now, A C N is not a better option. [/quote
all d acn do is propaganda and paper work in our bought national dailies.
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! by saintdoh: 9:32am On Oct 12, 2012
We all know d winner,mimiko is the man.a.c.n will never capture ondo
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! by adegadedamola: 10:22am On Oct 12, 2012
A̶̲̥̅♏ from ondo state but its very unfortunate to see α̲̅ state that boast of numerous intellectuals to be deceived by this govt, i find it hard to believe that people could classify water fountains,community market,one mother ąƞđ child hospital,streetlights, just to mention α̲̅ few as capital project for an oil producing state ΐƨ laughable...i pity †ђξ future ☀̤̣̈̇f ondo state if mimiko ΐƨ re elected..as for †ђξ debate, mimiko fail woefully. Cant even defend ΐƨ projects just attacking personality, for olusola oke, †ђξ shadow ☀̤̣̈̇f agagu's administration still hovering around him, akeredolu tackled issues ąƞđ was superb.. ACN ΐƨ firm I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ north, central will be shared by all with LP with †ђξ larger votes, PDP holds sway in †ђξ south but with ACN's deputy coming frm there, its 60/40 respectively..take it or leave it ACN will win.
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! by McAdem: 11:02am On Oct 12, 2012
oyb:

you think that bs can work twice?

i voted jona not pdp

Love that,but please as we ve seen the debate,and as the ppl are commenting based on the candidates performance,we shouldn't let sentiments becloud our senses.Please note am not from Ondo State and am not affiliated to any party.The last Presidential election i didn't even vote for any of them, cos i was not convinced of what they can do to better my life.
Yes these politicians have betrayed our trust,but should we now because we don't like A's party who is the best candidate vote for the worst person from party B?
Nigerians are getting wiser now if any party is not performing we should wait for the election time to vote that party and the personality out of power,through that the politicians will know that Masses are now damn serious about their life and well being.Let the Ondo people choose their Best candidate come next Saturday.
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! by McAdem: 11:07am On Oct 12, 2012
dayokanu:

When we think PDP, what we remember is Adedibu, Alao-Akala, OBJ, Fayose.

Abeg we no do PDP

Including Gbenga Daniel,( Saminu Turaki)grin grin TheoDore Orji.......

Don't Forget all the parties are guilty of the same offense.We the Nigerian masses are the one be short-changed.

Dayo mi owon grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! by demmie1: 1:08pm On Oct 12, 2012
shola shogo: Dr. Olusegun Mimiko has performed well in the past three and a half years and i believe he still has more to offer ondo state. one good term deserves another. for a governor like Mimiko who has done reasonably well in his state, despite that his opponents have decided to close their eyes to the good projects he has embarked upon in the state. but he'll definitely win in the coming election.
What are your criteria for performance,is it the number of roads repaired? how well are the major cities in Ondo state connected, how any jobs have been the created that you could actually feel the impact, what do the people in Akure, owo and ondo towns generally feel about the government? these are the few criteria to measure performance.
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! by zoedicus: 2:00pm On Oct 12, 2012
Don Lala: Enough of all dse deceits and lies. D trio are birds of d same feathers and they surely flock 2gether. But like they say d devil u know is better than d angel u haven't seen, but in dis case Mimiko as we have seen is a devil we will want to do away with. Give that guy another term will mean Ondo state might go into oblivion. D guy has oratory prowess and a master propagandist. The question is should peoples destiny be tied to one mans ability to talk? NO. Mimiko has bled dat state to death, its not enuff to defend or castigate anybody here but d truth needs to be told. D younger brother to d mimiko's wife built an underground house on top of a rock valued at N130m, a boy dat let skool 3 years ago and there is abject poverty and hunger in Ondo state. Wat picture does dis paint. Opportunity u may say but do u think in an ideal situation dis should suffice? A Govt dat did not commission a single road project in almost 4 years? Everything ongoing. We should be careful wat we say for posterity sake. Let another Govt come in and make another set of millionnaire families instead of one nucleus family conering d wealth of d people and hundreds of millions to buy awards. Before u react think so u don't sign ur death warrant. Alora
is dt a threat ? Nvr saw a more senselez post.
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! by bosunolu(m): 4:53am On Oct 13, 2012
Prof Corruption:

There is nothing on your list that merits being called an achievement. Road Signs? Water Fountain? Uninterrupted street light even during the day? or what? It's a worthless list that highlights misdirected policies of Mimiko administration. Ondo has gone beyond these cosmetics. An achievement list will look like this:

1. Olokola Free Trade Zone near completion
2. Seaport being developed in Igbokoda
3. Ondo Refinery at advanced state of completion
4. Efforts towards exploration and exploitation of Bitumen
5. Cocoa Processing Industries being developed in Idanre.
6. Weak links in civil service sacked (Modernisation, administering of competency tests and retraining of civil servants)

7. Plus other cosmetics-Road construction, Housing projects, Education etc

Ondo needs jobs to put unemployed graduates at work and increase the revenue base of the state. Ondo collects 13% derivation, has huge IGR relative to other SW states (except Lagos) and has many untapped goldmine that can transform the state. Ajasin ruled the entire Ondo and Ekiti in 1979-1983 and established about eight industries-Oluwa Glass, Okitipupa Oilpalm etc with a less revenue base. Borrowing huge money to build water fountain all over Akure is nothing but maladministration. If these are the so called projects, Mimiko does not deserve to complete this term not to talk of second term.

God bless you. Mimiko is a failure.
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! by clip: 5:22pm On Oct 13, 2012
I agree with you that Mimiko is a failure. My prayer is that He perform better in his second term
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! by godkias(m): 2:09am On Oct 16, 2012
zoedicus:
is dt a threat ? Nvr saw a more senselez post.
y are askking when yu know the rite tin to do u bastard!
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! by nezer76(m): 1:02am On Oct 17, 2012
infiniteei909: people of Ondo state please can we compare the Economy of Ondo state with the past 4 years? don't let them deceive us with beautification. i am not into politics but i can see and i have lived in Ondo for 9 years now, i took note of the promises and till now i dont see much changes done before the tenure of the last government commenced in the last 3 years. the millions and billions they spent on the road i look around the town and i dont see the thousands as for me i am not deceived by beautification.
gbosa 4 u joo ,is dat beautificatn or stealin wit tricks, 4 a governor 2 claim he painted a 10 seated bus stop wit #500,000 abi na julius berger come paint am
Re: Ondo State Governorship Debate - Final Round - Live On AIT! by nezer76(m): 1:12am On Oct 17, 2012
jayjam: i wonder if akeredolu is really a SAN,he's not sound enough
but SAN enough to be the second lead counsel to Bar.wole olanipukun in the case of Mimimko vs. Agagu who were sound enough to retrieve back his mandate.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Rivers State Crisis: A Balanced View By An Indigene / Why I Refused To Be Ambode’s Running Mate In 2015 –hamzat / Ali Modi-Sheriff In Umuahia For Ikpeazu's Thanksgiving - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.