Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,143 members, 7,963,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 05:38 PM

Can The North Survive Without The South? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can The North Survive Without The South? (1678 Views)

Igbo Nation Will Survive Without Buhari’s Appointments – Nwosu / Nigeria Cannot Survive Without The Igbos - Femi Aribisala / Only Lagos Can Survive Without Oil – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The North Survive Without The South? by Katsumoto: 8:24pm On Oct 12, 2012
ekt_bear:

Or...everyone lived lives comparable to the poor in Europe. I.e., limited access to food, low life expectancy, no money for schooling/education, spending most of your days on backbreaking labor on a farm...

The old days sucked azz and put us at a serious disadvantage when we finally started interacting with non-Africans. There is no purpose in glorifying them.

Do you know working on a farm makes you strong and improves your health?

I tell you, you can't judge life by the way Westerners do. Those are their standards.

Anyway, its down to personal preference; there is no right or wrong.
Re: Can The North Survive Without The South? by kunlekunle: 8:33pm On Oct 12, 2012
Katsumoto:

Who is to say which structure is best?

Every society chooses a structure that works for it.

If you go back in time before the arrival of Europeans, most African societies didn't have widespread poverty.

Most of the ills in Nigerian society came with the forced union of differing cultures and structure of government.

now the issue at hand is the effect of the political system. across the sub saharan area, you'll notice a pattern of life style similar to that of the north. comparatively its a poor standard to me.
i choose to look up to something better to improve myself rather than something lower.

the problem i see with the north is simply, they have no middle class.
what sort of politival structure would address this issue of governance?
Re: Can The North Survive Without The South? by Katsumoto: 8:42pm On Oct 12, 2012
kunlekunle:

now the issue at hand is the effect of the political system. across the sub saharan area, you'll notice a pattern of life style similar to that of the north. comparatively its a poor standard to me.
i choose to look up to something better to improve myself rather than something lower.

the problem i see with the north is simply, they have no middle class.
what sort of politival structure would address this issue of governance?

Is there a middle class in the South?

Don't be deceived by the developing bourgeois in the south, there is still a lot of poverty there as well.

All regions in Nigeria are affected by incompetent leadership and all regions can be improved by competent leadership despite the social structure and culture in place. Nigeria is judged to be poor because it is compared with western values. The issue I have with Nigeria is with regards to poverty. I don't even care about western education. Western education has not made Southern Nigerians more enlightened. What we see is a group of people who try their hardest to copy bad styles from the West without really understanding its impact on their lives.

It is this constant seeking of wealth that is currently bedeviling Southern Nigeria. Moral decadence is extremely high.
Re: Can The North Survive Without The South? by Default01: 9:01pm On Oct 12, 2012
D north ar d ones taking d southern part of nigeria back.it is only in d north u wil hear dat a governor wants 2 marry a widow 2 anoder man.intellectually d south ar better,in terms of inovation de ar better,as long as d north play d rule of being a parasite de wold remain a parasite.i just wonder wot nija wold hav been wit out d north dragin us bck
Re: Can The North Survive Without The South? by kunlekunle: 4:19am On Oct 13, 2012
CLIQBOY: where you get this post?

http://obamaoflasu..co.uk/
Re: Can The North Survive Without The South? by kunlekunle: 4:27am On Oct 13, 2012
there is a difference between been contended and been poor.
85@of the northerns seem contented or been happy because they know not other wise.
they reached the epitome of reasoning and thinking stops there. then all things are shifted to GOD (allah's wish).

they lack self ideological principle that will arouse their thinking.
why yorubas dont follow blindly.

one was caught with stolen item and they chopped off his hand after been persuaded its alahs wish.
Few years later he said they fooled him into that believe.

help them to find themselves.
Re: Can The North Survive Without The South? by kunlekunle: 5:34pm On Oct 13, 2012
"The North was financially bankrupt. Not economically viable. And Britain was unwilling to educate or develop the North. The view of the British commercial and colonial interests was: educate the North and lose Nigeria. "

this is an extract from an article written by Richard Akinjide.

its an open secret that its the north dragging us back.
They need serious education to release us from this shackle nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

... / Femi Fani Kayode Calls Ninister Of Aviation A Vampire On Twitter! / EBOLA: Another Liberian Tests Positive In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.