Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,854 members, 7,962,808 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 05:06 PM

ACN Loses Another Council To PDP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Loses Another Council To PDP (9454 Views)

ACN Loses Another LG Seat to the PDP In Lagos / ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by Nobody: 12:37am On Nov 01, 2012
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Shebi Fashola and his ACN elitists are running a government of elitists, by elitists, and for elitists? Okay. Let us see whether it is their spoilt and deluded children overseas, or their Metropolitan Club friends, pot-bellied fools around Ikoyi and VI that would stand in the sun and rain to vote for ACN. You don't go to 'high class' congregations to conduct fake opinion polls. Go to the real 'streets' in the densely populated suburbs, and you'll realise just how hated Fashola and ACN are. It's almost an epidemic!

PDP would be very daft not to win the gubernatorial election in Lagos, come 2015. I would easily 'dash' them a blueprint for landslide victory if need be.

4 Likes

Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by taharqa: 12:43am On Nov 01, 2012
Billyonaire: Educated man, every little success leads to a final success. Councillorship position not withstanding, its an indicator that ACN rigged its way. 2 overturns from ACN to PDP shows that the process was fraudulent, not free, not fair. One can not be wrong to say that its possible that the Governor was rigged in.

Bros, Fash won his election properly o. People voted for him cos of performance in his 1st term; plus it was conducted by INEC.

I agree with you sha on the others. All political parties tries to rig elections in Nija at every opportunity. ACN are good at it, esp with their famed Thuggery and Propaganda machine; CPC used a lot of underage in the last election; ANPP have generously rigged themselves in the states where they control; I dont need to tell you about PDP na, how 'wonderful' they can be in this respect. They all try everything. The only reason way it is not as successful as it used to is cos the FG is now beginning to clamp down on it. Shikena.

On this particular case, SHAME on ACN (if na another party na, their propaganda machine for don dey full throttle).

1 Like

Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by rileest: 12:43am On Nov 01, 2012
GARRI (x7):

Sir, did you check the "source", that's how Channels TV put it...
No, I didn't check the source but that does not in any way diminish my point about the Title being misleading... I was only making a point
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by GARRIx7(m): 1:00am On Nov 01, 2012
rileest:
No, I didn't check the source but that does not in any way diminish my point about the Title being misleading... I was only making a point

No wonder..... grin grin
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by bumtos(m): 2:31am On Nov 01, 2012
congratulations to PDP. Is a good sign dat ACN wil lose in 2015
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by ade6606: 3:47am On Nov 01, 2012
Lagosians hAve loose confidence in ACN,the issue of political fatherism is spoiling lagos political system.if pdp can take over, no problem afterall we hAve many political parties willing to rule, so let there be competitions to break the power of monopoly in their governance.

1 Like

Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by lumeneng22: 5:20am On Nov 01, 2012
The handwriting is already on the wall. Up pdp! Shebi acn wan join cpc? We are watching.
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by Nobody: 5:57am On Nov 01, 2012
Shame on ACN. At a time when the PDP lead by president Jonathan is making tremendous progress in our electoral system, by guaranteeing FREE and FAIR elections, the ACN and Tinubu, the so called progressive party are hell bent on taking us backwards to the era of electoral manipulation of the 60's. Unfortunately, the so called advocates of good governance on NL sees nothing wrong with electoral manipulation. Personally, i see electoral manipulation as the GREATEST injustice/wrong doing that could occur in a democracy, because on TRUELY elected leaders can serve the people. The weight of electoral manipulation can only be appreciated when we remind ourselves that electoral manipulation was the GREATEST contributor to the premature collapse of 1st and 2nd republic. Indeed what ACN did at the last Lagos local elections was SHAMEFUL, DISASTROUS, REPULSIVE, SATANIC, WICKED and REPUGNANT.

3 Likes

Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by Nobody: 6:00am On Nov 01, 2012
I see electoral manipulation as the GREATEST injustice/wrong doing in a democracy because only TRUELY elected leaders can serve the people at whatever level.
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by Nobody: 6:12am On Nov 01, 2012
This is the problem with Nigeria. We do not rise up in unism to CONDEMN evil when it takes place. Electoral manipulation is the GREATEST evil that could happen in any democracy. A democracy where leaders are hand-picked can never bring development. Only truely elected leaders can CONNECT with the people and SERVE the people. Good enough president Jonathan recognised this and has restored sanity to INEC conducted elections. Because governors are now aware that people's vote now count, there seems to be some renewed vigour in governance at the state level in most states, far better than we saw between 1999 and 2011. It is very SAD and UNFORTUNATE that the ACN which claims to be positioning itself to grab power at the centre is hell bent on taking us back to the dark ages. Electoral manipulation was solely responsible for the collapse of the first and 2nd republic. Goodluck has already written his name in GOLD by giving Nigerians FREE and FAIR elections for the FIRST TIME ever since independence. I expect ACN to follow the foot steps of Jonathan in this regard and if they dont, well meaning Nigerians should condemn them and call them to order
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by takedat(m): 6:15am On Nov 01, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: Shame on ACN. At a time when the PDP lead by president Jonathan is making tremendous progress in our electoral system, by guaranteeing FREE and FAIR elections, the ACN and Tinubu, the so called progressive party are hell bent on taking us backwards to the era of electoral manipulation of the 60's. Unfortunately, the so called advocates of good governance on NL sees nothing wrong with electoral manipulation. Personally, i see electoral manipulation as the GREATEST injustice/wrong doing that could occur in a democracy, because on TRUELY elected leaders can serve the people. The weight of electoral manipulation can only be appreciated when we remind ourselves that electoral manipulation was the GREATEST contributor to the premature collapse of 1st and 2nd republic. Indeed what ACN did at the last Lagos local elections was SHAMEFUL, DISASTROUS, REPULSIVE, SATANIC, WICKED and REPUGNANT.
You wrote these Epistles because a party lost a councillorship election. The 4th Republic has witnessed more electoral fraud than the 1st and 2nd republic combined. Need I remind you that it was PDP that raised the bar in electoral malpractice.
You must be the joke of the century by thinking local government elections are conducted fairly across all states. Kindly give an example in this current dispensation of any PDP controlled state where opposition parties were able to capture local government seat.
We all need to say no to rigging but to single out one party or state clearly shows you are being mischievous.
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by charleymed(m): 6:25am On Nov 01, 2012
Demdem: Democracy at work.
laughing in yariwba, ACN dinning wt their waterloo, lolz
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 01, 2012
take dat: You wrote these Epistles because a party lost a councillorship election. The 4th Republic has witnessed more electoral fraud than the 1st and 2nd republic combined. Need I remind you that it was PDP that raised the bar in electoral malpractice.
You must be the joke of the century by thinking local government elections are conducted fairly across all states. Kindly give an example in this current dispensation of any PDP controlled state where opposition parties were able to capture local government seat.
We all need to say no to rigging but to single out one party or state clearly shows you are being mischievous.

My friend you'r the mischievous person here. All have sinned but we must not continue to sin. Since the PDP lead by Jonathan turned a new leave in terms of conducting free and fair elections from 2011 elections, we expect others to do the same. This is more important for ACN that calls itself a progressive party and expecting to govern at the centre. POINT OF CORRECTION: prior to this nullification of local council seat, the tribunals nullified an ACN chairmanship seat. It must be noted that these aspirants had the financial muscle to pursue their case in court, what about other candidates who couldn't. The truth is that, the last local govt election is Lagos was SHAMELESSLY manipulated. Even the result was not released under 3-4days after voting ended. My point is we should condemn evil at all times and evil doers should turn a new leave

3 Likes

Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 01, 2012
take dat: You wrote these Epistles because a party lost a councillorship election. The 4th Republic has witnessed more electoral fraud than the 1st and 2nd republic combined. Need I remind you that it was PDP that raised the bar in electoral malpractice.

My friend you'r the mischievous person here. All have sinned but we must not continue to sin. Since the PDP lead by Jonathan turned a new leave in terms of conducting free and fair elections from 2011 elections, we expect others to do the same. This is more important for ACN that calls itself a progressive party and expecting to govern at the centre. POINT OF CORRECTION: prior to this nullification of local council seat, the tribunals nullified an ACN chairmanship seat. It must be noted that these aspirants had the financial muscle to pursue their case in court, what about other candidates who couldn't. The truth is that, the last local govt election in Lagos was SHAMELESSLY manipulated. Even the result was not released until 3-4days after voting ended. My point is we should condemn evil at all times and evil doers should turn a new leaf
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by luvinhubby(m): 7:06am On Nov 01, 2012
ACN is busy loosing their political goodwill & GEJ is busy endearing PDP to our hearts.

Let's watch & see.
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by takedat(m): 7:18am On Nov 01, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
My friend you'r the mischievous person here. All have sinned but we must not continue to sin. Since the PDP lead by Jonathan turned a new leave in terms of conducting free and fair elections from 2011 elections, we expect others to do the same. This is more important for ACN that calls itself a progressive party and expecting to govern at the centre. POINT OF CORRECTION: prior to this nullification of local council seat, the tribunals nullified an ACN chairmanship seat. It must be noted that these aspirants had the financial muscle to pursue their case in court, what about other candidates who couldn't. The truth is that, the last local govt election in Lagos was SHAMELESSLY manipulated. Even the result was not released until 3-4days after voting ended. My point is we should condemn evil at all times and evil doers should turn a new leaf
Guy the problem with local government election has nothing to do with GEJ/INEC conducting a transparent election. State controlled electoral commissions are tools in the hand of state governors in influencing the outcome of local government polls. They prefer to have loyal party members in control so that they will have control over their council's allocation.
This cuts across all states and a thousand JEGA cannot fix this problem unless we address the underlining factor which is giving local government council direct access to their allocation without state government interference. To say this is an ACN phenomenon is false, all states are involved in this mess .

Local Government reform is the only solution to this problem
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by Demdem(m): 7:23am On Nov 01, 2012
charleymed: laughing in yariwba, ACN dinning wt their waterloo, lolz

Biggot, get off from my back. Am sure u dont even know the difference between the LG chairmanship and "councillorship". Besides its the decision of the people of Lagos so wettin concern me. By the way, read this:

The lawyer however declared that LASIEC will immediately file a notice of appeal of the judgment, noting that the PDP candidate will have to wait till the appeal is concluded, before he can assume the councillor’s office
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by Demdem(m): 7:28am On Nov 01, 2012
We requested for the full implementation of the Uwais committee report on electoral reform. The retardeen gave us Jega and pronto feels thats the end. We are just deceiving ourselves. LG elections will continue to be fraudulent all over the country
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by jude33084(m): 7:50am On Nov 01, 2012
GARRI (x7):

ACN has a lot of sitting up to do. It seems that those at the grass-root level aren't performing. Fashola's goodwill is the only thing that seems to be holding them in place...

The problem will be the attitude of Fashola aŋԂ Tinubu undecided

Mind how you handle people or else they will against you wink

1 Like

Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by banki(m): 8:00am On Nov 01, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: Shame on ACN. At a time when the PDP lead by president Jonathan is making tremendous progress in our electoral system, by guaranteeing FREE and FAIR elections, the ACN and Tinubu, the so called progressive party are hell bent on taking us backwards to the era of electoral manipulation of the 60's. Unfortunately, the so called advocates of good governance on NL sees nothing wrong with electoral manipulation. Personally, i see electoral manipulation as the GREATEST injustice/wrong doing that could occur in a democracy, because on TRUELY elected leaders can serve the people. The weight of electoral manipulation can only be appreciated when we remind ourselves that electoral manipulation was the GREATEST contributor to the premature collapse of 1st and 2nd republic. Indeed what ACN did at the last Lagos local elections was SHAMEFUL, DISASTROUS, REPULSIVE, SATANIC, WICKED and REPUGNANT.
\

Did you just listen to yourself?
Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by Dmouthed(m): 8:07am On Nov 01, 2012
GARRI (x7):

ACN has a lot of sitting up to do. It seems that those at the grass-root level aren't performing. Fashola's goodwill is the only thing that seems to be holding them in place...

I see ACN losing Lagos and losing out in many other states it had already won. Lagos that was a good example has given acn a death blow.

Mega city for rich that does not come out for Election and the pore masses am sure will not for the pains they are going tru so soon to vote acn in again. So Fashola is no longer a good factor of consideration for acn.

2 Likes

Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by fm7070: 8:38am On Nov 01, 2012
ACN will know be shocked by 2015. Especially in Lagos state.
They have been battling with Ayobo-Ipaja road for more than 1year now. They are too slow.
They are using manual labour for mixing of concrete. The road is in a very bad state now.

3 Likes

Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by kannymoore(m): 9:00am On Nov 01, 2012
fm7070: ACN will know be shocked by 2015. Especially in Lagos state.
They have been battling with Ayobo-Ipaja road for more than 1year now. They are too slow.
They are using manual labour for mixing of concrete. The road is in a very bad state now.

Dude! Do u live in Ayobo by any chance?... Mehn! I swear, the roads in Ayobo are the worst EVER in Lagos! DAMN!!!!!!! THEY ARE WORSE THAN SHAMBOLIC and majority of the people living there HATE the ACN with every fibre of their being!

2 Likes

Re: ACN Loses Another Council To PDP by emmatok(m): 11:44am On Nov 01, 2012
kannymoore:

Dude! Do u live in Ayobo by any chance?... Mehn! I swear, the roads in Ayobo are the worst EVER in Lagos! DAMN!!!!!!! THEY ARE WORSE THAN SHAMBOLIC and majority of the people living there HATE the ACN with every fibre of their being!

Well that Ipaja Ayobo road was deliberate attempt to punish the people.
It was Bubs Maruwa that constructed that road from Iyana-Ipaja to Estate.

But Tinubu abandoned they for good 8years, cos he did not get their vote.

But I still prefer ACN to PDP , seeing what ODG did in Ogun State.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Plateau Police Arrests Fake Soldier & Recover N15m Cars / Atiku Fears Arrest In The US. Returns To Nigeria - PM News / Tinubu Promises Economic Turnaround By December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.