Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,115 members, 7,890,711 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 06:39 PM

A thread for corpers posted to Benue - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A thread for corpers posted to Benue (13493 Views)

2016 Nysc Batch A Posted To Benue Stream I And Ii / Corpers Posted To The North And Middle Belt, Don't Ignore These Warnings / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

A thread for corpers posted to Benue by vas2: 12:06am On Nov 01, 2012
All the batch c 2012-2013 nysc corp members posted to benue lets meet here
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by okooloyun1(m): 7:27pm On Nov 01, 2012
Benue Loading..........
Bros from where are you traveling to Benue coz i dnt knw how to get there.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by mafioso47(m): 7:53pm On Nov 01, 2012
Benue Loading!!! Leaving from lagos. How is Benue like? Can't wait
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by marcnelly: 9:07pm On Nov 01, 2012
Hi pals, if u r traveling from lagos for orientation camp in Benue state and u need a companion esp while traveling for 12hrs, u r free 2 call me on 08122652962. I learnt we can get direct bus 2 Benue from Iddo, so lets plan our travel together on monday. Peace
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by mafioso47(m): 9:32pm On Nov 01, 2012
marcnelly: Hi pals, if u r traveling from lagos for orientation camp in Benue state and u need a companion esp while traveling for 12hrs, u r free 2 call me on 08122652962. I learnt we can get direct bus 2 Benue from Iddo, so lets plan our travel together on monday. Peace
would be leaving lag on Tuesday.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by Olhar: 9:43pm On Nov 01, 2012
i was posted to benue state, am leaving from lagos to enugu by air, and boarding a bus from enugu to the orientation camp in benue.........please could anyone help with directions......i dont know how to go about it......but i believe enugu is closer to Benue than abuja..........please i need suggestions thanks
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by meforkene(m): 9:46pm On Nov 01, 2012
Was posted to benue too...when is camp closing?...the final day?..any idea?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by meforkene(m): 9:49pm On Nov 01, 2012
Olhar: i was posted to benue state, am leaving from lagos to enugu by air, and boarding a bus from enugu to the orientation camp in benue.........please could anyone help with directions......i dont know how to go about it......but i believe enugu is closer to Benue than abuja..........please i need suggestions thanks
From the little enquiries I made,u can get a direct bus from enugu to makurdi,then from there one can get another bus to "Tarka" where the camp is at
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 01, 2012
Olhar: i was posted to benue state, am leaving from lagos to enugu by air, and boarding a bus from enugu to the orientation camp in benue.........please could anyone help with directions......i dont know how to go about it......but i believe enugu is closer to Benue than abuja..........please i need suggestions thanks
Did you hear of any discounted price of airlines for NYSC members with call up letters?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by Olhar: 6:24am On Nov 02, 2012
no ,please on which airline is that?
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by Oduola412: 6:38am On Nov 02, 2012
Will be travellig on Monday on night journey... Anyone dats travelling on dis day too can plss contact me on 08038529805 or bb pin 2155c322. Wish u all a journey mercy from God.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by Mcfemad(m): 9:53am On Nov 02, 2012
Dear all,

Congrats on your posting to Benue State. I served in Benue state 3 years ago and have been visiting after my NYSC cos I enjoyed the state(Gboko precisely).
The Camp is in Wannune and its along Markurdi-Gboko road. About 45 minutes-1hr from Makurdi at 120km.
Directions: From Lagos, Iddo/Oyingbo park, there are buses going to Makurdi and Gboko- Benue links and some otherS I can't recollect now. But the offices are closely beside each other. You can choose any of the transport buses to follow, but I advise Benue links. You can either go through Makurdi or Gboko, but Makurdi is okay. When you get to Makurdi, at the last bus stop, cross to the other side and directly infront of Winners Chapel church, there are cars going to Gboko, you drop at NYSC camp just after police college and its by the road side- easy to locate. If you are many, you can arrange with the driver of the bus from Lagos to take u to Wannune (NYSC camp) straight. That will be better cos of distance of the journey- 10-11hrs. If you chose to go thru Gboko, you may get a car to Wannune from the last bus stop directly or ask an Okada man to take you to the park where u get cars going to Makurdi.
Also, I know there are transport companies that transports corpers from Lagos straigh to NYSC camps across the country- this is good as u get to mit fellow 'ajuwayas' and they take to where u're going. But its somehow expensive(this was what I did during my time).
I still have contacts in parts of Benue that will be willing to help should you require such. You can also contact me if this is not clear enof.
*Errors are regretted here as I'm typing on mobile-no room to edit.
Best Wishes!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by Mcfemad(m): 10:04am On Nov 02, 2012
I advise you not to cos of security and state of our roads.
You can't get a direct Night Bus to Markurdi from Lagos, North or the East. Except they just started that yesterday!
Options- Get a night bus to Abuja from Lagos, anywhere u drop, take a cab to Maraba, you'll get buses going to Makurdi from there, Its about 4hours journey as u travel thru Lafia. When u get to Makurdi, you join Cars going to Gboko and u drop at Wannune (NYSC camp) You can also get Makurdi bus from Area 1 in Abuja this is where you have Benue links park) but it has to be early morning cos the last bus leaves latest 8am which is rather late except u're going a day before.
From the east, you get Markurdi bus from 9th mile and all of that. Hope this helps in alittle way.
Best wishes!
Oduola412: Will be travellig on Monday on night journey... Anyone dats travelling on dis day too can plss contact me on 08038529805 or bb pin 2155c322. Wish u all a journey mercy from God.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by okooloyun1(m): 2:55pm On Nov 02, 2012
Mcfemad: Dear all,

Congrats on your posting to Benue State. I served in Benue state 3 years ago and have been visiting after my NYSC cos I enjoyed the state(Gboko precisely).
The Camp is in Wannune and its along Markurdi-Gboko road. About 45 minutes-1hr from Makurdi at 120km.
Directions: From Lagos, Iddo/Oyingbo park, there are buses going to Makurdi and Gboko- Benue links and some otherS I can't recollect now. But the offices are closely beside each other. You can choose any of the transport buses to follow, but I advise Benue links. You can either go through Makurdi or Gboko, but Makurdi is okay. When you get to Makurdi, at the last bus stop, cross to the other side and directly infront of Winners Chapel church, there are cars going to Gboko, you drop at NYSC camp just after police college and its by the road side- easy to locate. If you are many, you can arrange with the driver of the bus from Lagos to take u to Wannune (NYSC camp) straight. That will be better cos of distance of the journey- 10-11hrs. If you chose to go thru Gboko, you may get a car to Wannune from the last bus stop directly or ask an Okada man to take you to the park where u get cars going to Makurdi.
Also, I know there are transport companies that transports corpers from Lagos straigh to NYSC camps across the country- this is good as u get to mit fellow 'ajuwayas' and they take to where u're going. But its somehow expensive(this was what I did during my time).
I still have contacts in parts of Benue that will be willing to help should you require such. You can also contact me if this is not clear enof.
*Errors are regretted here as I'm typing on mobile-no room to edit.
Best Wishes!
Thanks bros, ur head dey there.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by Olhar: 7:53pm On Nov 02, 2012
How many of us are now leaving Monday morning from Iddo park ,i m trying to see if i can arrange with them at the park to get all Corpers a bus that will take us to camp from Lagos
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by okooloyun1(m): 12:44am On Nov 03, 2012
Olhar: How many of us are now leaving Monday morning from Iddo park ,i m trying to see if i can arrange with them at the park to get all Corpers a bus that will take us to camp from Lagos
Am leaving Abuja on tuesday morning. No shaking, let's go there!
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by galaxi(m): 7:42am On Nov 03, 2012
OTONDOS u are welcm 2food basket of d nation...am a batch B corp member serving in Gboko,Benue state.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by Martins4us(m): 11:42am On Nov 03, 2012
Was also posted to Benue state and I will βε̲̣̣̣̥ leaving form osun state (ilesa) to akure to board bus going to gboko, Benue state very early on tuesday. Anybody leaving from osun state or akure can pls call me on 08067321533 or add me on 23C1A2C7 so that we can plan moving together. God bless
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by Invincible1: 2:48pm On Nov 03, 2012
Please any foreign students going to benue. I am a UK student posted to benue. I will be coming from abuja. i am worried as i've never been to any part of nigeria apart from lagos and abuja.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by galaxi(m): 3:02pm On Nov 03, 2012
Invincible1: Please any foreign students going to benue. I am a UK student posted to benue. I will be coming from abuja. i am worried as i've never been to any part of nigeria apart from lagos and abuja.
don't be worried,am serving in benue.hala @me 08067873940,incase u encounter any problem locating the camp but i advice u 2 enter benue links bus from abj,the have bus going to the camp @the same terminal the abj bus wil drop u @makurdi.
Goodluck.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by Vincent41(m): 3:42pm On Nov 03, 2012
Lol....galaxi my man....sup
==>Good luck to all prospective Corps members,my prayer is dat u will never be sent to any Bombing,Killing Northern State.
==>May God Punish any NYCS offical dat will send Corpers to north...just imagine sending Corpers to A state dat hardly hear==>COME, to teach,how do u xpect de corper to begin.
==>All the Corpers being sent to the north suffers a lot while them being sent to the EAST,SOURTH EAST,WESt ENJOYS and some of dem stays Back after service.......i Kw no Easrthern,western copa will EVER try to stay in de NORTH..............
==>was posted to NONSENSE ZAMFARA STATE were 99 percent of dem can not HEAR come,but tank God today i was able to redeploy....Tank God...
==>If u are posted there, God was wit me shall be wit u......Just Go wit ur Doctors report
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by marcnelly: 3:56pm On Nov 03, 2012
@ Olhar
i dont think making arrangment at Iddo park is neccessary since it would be more expensive. I would advice we just travel like every other travellers i.e non corpers. Nevertheless, for companionship reasons lets get connected, board same bus and have a smooth ride 2 d camp. Halo me on 08122652962. Peace
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by marcnelly: 4:06pm On Nov 03, 2012
@ Olhar
i dont think making arrangment at Iddo park is neccessary since it would be more expensive. I would advice we just travel like every other travellers i.e non corpers. Nevertheless, for companionship reasons lets get connected, board same bus and have a smooth ride 2 d camp. Halo me on 08122652962. Peace
@ Macfemad
thanks a lot for the post, it is really helpful.
@ Macfeso47
guy/babe, fashy tuesday tins lets travel on monday morning.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by nellyswag(m): 12:27am On Nov 05, 2012
I'm posted to benue as well...anybody travelling from Enugu to the camp on Tuesday(morning) should contact me via 305267F6 or 08061321100. Really need a companion. Wishing all a safe trip & a successful stay @ the camp !
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by waters2012: 6:44am On Nov 06, 2012

From enugu to maktown is roughly 6 hours. From abj to maktown is max of 3 hours. From jos to maktown is 4hours. So make ur choice. I stay in Benue
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by doofanc: 7:42am On Nov 06, 2012
This is welcome all batch c members to the food basket of d nation. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time here!
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by galaxi(m): 11:50am On Nov 06, 2012
From enugu to maktown is roughly 6 hours. From abj to maktown is max of 3 hours. From jos to maktown is 4hours. So make ur choice. I stay in Benue[/quote]
hey! U such a big liar.... Enugu 2 markudi is 3hrs 30mins. D transportation fair is #1200 so do u mean a transportation company will charge that for 6hrs joni? Keep mute when u don't know what 2say,am servin here n go 2east often.
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by doofanc: 7:13pm On Nov 06, 2012
galaxi: From enugu to maktown is roughly 6 hours. From abj to maktown is max of 3 hours. From jos to maktown is 4hours. So make ur choice. I stay in Benue
hey! U such a big liar.... Enugu 2 markudi is 3hrs 30mins. D transportation fair is #1200 so do u mean a transportation company will charge that for 6hrs joni? Keep mute when u don't know what 2say,am servin here n go 2east often.

he probably used it when the road (enugu-nsukka-obolo-otukpa) was pretty bad, & yes u could spend close to six hours on d way.

With d repair, Enugu all d way to ede junctn is smooth & shouldn't take more than 2.5hrs. from there to otukpo is where u have d very bad spots which will slow d journey. Finaly Otukpo mkd will take an hr.

so all in all enu-mkd shouldn't take more than 4hrs..
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by donigspain(m): 4:55am On Nov 07, 2012
In camp already... Done with registeration, drafted to PLATOON 11 which is headed by an awkwardly (in a good way) interesting character, got ma kits but must confess that the kaki outfit is annoyingly oversize and ridiculously out of shapesad. Moved straight to the hostel and got myself a pretty cool room with my room mates kinda reserved and exhibiting 'introvertic' character; suprisingly, me likey. Errhm, holla/notify/quote me if you wanna hang-out with a spooky jolly good fella. Gracias amigos!!! Ciao...
Re: A thread for corpers posted to Benue by banabest(m): 7:30am On Nov 26, 2012
Halo room........... I've bn redeployed to benue state from ondo state........... Hw do I go abt reportin to benue state............ Somebody shd help me ..........08061618080.............26A89E75 add me dis or on 2go fitzcon90

(1) (2)

River State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here / How Do I Collect My Exclusion Letter From NYSC? / Bosiet Certification Training In Warri, Port-harcourt, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.