Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,864 members, 7,966,228 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 11:00 AM

10Ebisco's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 10Ebisco's Profile / 10Ebisco's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 18 pages)

Politics / Executive Order 06: Abba Moro Breaks Silence On Travel Ban by 10Ebisco: 7:54am On Oct 15, 2018
Immediate Past Minister of Interior, Comrade Abba Moro, has reacted to the statement by the APC-led federal government banning 50 high-profile Nigerians from traveling abroad.

Moro was said to be among those banned from traveling outside Nigeria till further notice.

The federal government had on Saturday banned 50 Nigerians from traveling abroad over alleged corruption cases.

Speaking on the development, Abba Moro through his media aide, Ameh Ameh, said his inclusion in the list was not in anyway connected to misappropriation of public funds or money laundering.

According to him, “It is a known fact that Comrade Abba Moro is not on trial for stealing anything from government but the failed immigration recruitment, in which his role was clearly not related to the fee collected from applicants by the consultants.

“We are of the firm belief that justice will be done in the case and there is nothing to worry about as Comrade Abba Moro didn’t violate any law or enrich himself from the failed recruitment exercise.

“The general public must note that the Executive Order 06 is purely administrative and not a court conviction and as such does not affect his election and the goodwill he enjoys, particularly, among his people in Benue South.

“Regrettably, the full implementation of the Executive Order 06 upon the emergence of Comrade Moro and several other candidates at this electioneering time, despite their cases being in court for over two years, raises serious issues of constitutionalism, legality and due process of law.

“We make bold to say that Comrade Abba Moro’s riches are not in money or assets but in people, being a human development focused politician.

“Before his emergence as the flag bearer of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Benue South, Comrade Abba Moro had no case of money laundering or misappropriation of public funds from his days as a lecturer in the Benue State Polytechnic, Ugbokolo, to his tenure as Local Government Chairman in Okpokwu, or as Federal Minister.

“Relatively, Comrade Moro left office unstained as Pro-Chancellor/Chairman, Governing Council of University of Agriculture, Umudike, and later University of Agriculture, Makurdi.

“In fact, Comrade Abba Moro only travelled abroad in the past for medicals and always on the order of court, after which his international passport is returned to the court, pending the determination of the case.

“We call on our people back home not to panic over the new development as the Executive Order will not, in anyway, affect our chances in the 2019 general elections.”

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/executive-order-06-abba-moro-breaks.html

Politics / Fayose To EFCC: ‘no Need For Drama, I Won’t Escape’ Probe by 10Ebisco: 8:27pm On Oct 14, 2018
The Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose on Sunday declared that he will submit himself to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, for questioning immediately after leaving office.

He also stressed that he won’t escape from the commission.

The outgoing governor, who claimed to be on his way to Abuja to honour EFCC’s invitation, told journalists in Akure airport, Ondo State that he was ready to defend all his actions while in office.

He said, “There is no seaport in Abuja, EFCC doesn’t need any drama, I am a man of courage, I have told them I’m coming and I’m on my way to them.

“So, after a meritorious service, anybody who wants to call me to question, I’m available to them, just one call away. And my going now is my demonstration to them that I’m a man of my words.

” I’m not scared of anything. I always say to people that the life of a man does not consist in the abundance of what he has, life is for the courageous, not for the weak.

“I have served well, I have defended the common man in this country and I will continue to defend them.

“I will never be cowed by anybody, it is important to speak truth to power, I will not allow myself or any Nigerian to be oppressed.”

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/fayose-to-efcc-no-need-for-drama-i-wont.html

Politics / Peter Obi’s Village Monarch Reacts Over His Emergence As Atiku’s Running Mate by 10Ebisco: 10:15pm On Oct 13, 2018
Igwe Innocent Obodoako, the traditional ruler of Agulu in Anaocha Local Government Area of Anambra on Saturday praised the choice of former governor of the state, Mr Peter Obi as running mate to PDP presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar.

Obodoako told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in an interview that Obi, who hails from Agulu, was a right choice for the party.

“When we heard of his selection, we were so happy. I know what he can do.

“By the time he ends his tenure as vice president, Nigerians will see his goodness,” the monarch said.

Obodoako, who said that the people of Agulu and by extension, Anambra were

excited, also said the PDP would get massive votes because of Atiku’s position on the issue of restructuring.

According to him, restructuring will give all Nigerians a sense of belonging and ensure that our children are massively employed.

The monarch appealed to those agitating against Obi’s selection, especially some stakeholders in the South East to have a rethink and support the Atiku/Obi joint PDP ticket in the interest of the zone.

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/peter-obis-village-monarch-reacts-over.html

Politics / 2019: Peter Obi Finally Speaks On Being Atiku’s Running Mate, Reveals Next Line by 10Ebisco: 4:00pm On Oct 13, 2018
Former Anambra State Governor, Peter Obi, on Saturday commended the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, for picking him as his running mate.

Abubakar had yesterday confirmed Obi as his running mate after both men met at the former’s home in Abuja to hold talks.

Reacting to his selection, the former governor promised to work closely with Abubakar.

Obi, who took to his Twitter handle vowed to ensure that the Abubakar’s administration if voted into power was “far away from anything called “lifeless”.

He tweeted, “I want to thank Waziri Adamawa, Alhaji @atiku, for choosing me as his running mate. This is a privilege I will not take lightly.

” We will work closely together to boost the economy and provide Jobs. Our administration will be far away from anything called “lifeless”.

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/2019-peter-obi-finally-speaks-on-being.html

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Peter Obi: Lauretta Onochie Mocks PDP Over Atiku’s Running Mate by 10Ebisco: 11:29am On Oct 13, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari’s Personal Assistant on Social Media, Lauretta Onochie has faulted the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, for allowing its Presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, pick Peter Obi as his running mate.

Onochie maintained that the prayer of Nigerians was responsible for PDP’s mistakes.

She stated that the opposition party first made a mistake by picking Abubakar who she described as “prince of corruption” as its Presidential candidate.

In a tweet, she insisted that the party made another mistake by allowing Abubakar pick Obi.

“What is wrong with PDP? Nigerians don use prayers scatter dem.

“PDP chose Prince of corruption as their flag bearer.

“PDP has now chosen Gov. Peter Obi, a man who took PDP to the 3rd position behind APGA and APC in Anambra. Chai, everyone knows Gov. Obiano is Gov Obi’s husband.”

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/peter-obi-presidency-mocks-pdp-over.html

32 Likes 7 Shares

Politics / Jubilation In Anambra As Atiku Picks Obi As Running Mate by 10Ebisco: 7:20pm On Oct 12, 2018
There was jubilation in Anambra State, Friday evening when news of the choice of former governor of the state, Mr. Peter Obi as running mate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar filtered into town.

In almost every public place in the state, the name on the lips of the people was that of Obi, just as many people expressed happiness over the nomination, hailing Atiku as having made a very good choice.

A lawyer, Mr Okwuchuku Orji told DAILY POST, “Just see the happiness on people’s faces. Who in the South east and the South west would have been so acceptable? Nobody,” he submitted.

Barr Orji further said that he was happy for the choice of Obi, adding that his sterling performance while he was governor was the main reason for his being nominated.

“Obi set a standard in governance in the eight years he was here as governor. You may not like him, but you cannot exactly wish away the fact that he is good. Knowledge of the economy was one thing Atiku based his nomination on, and in that aspect, Obi is a guru. I think Nigerians will get it right this time,” he added.

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/jubilation-in-anambra-as-atiku-picks.html

57 Likes 7 Shares

Politics / APC Vs PDP: I Have Forgiven You, Will Help You Mind Fences Internationally – Oba by 10Ebisco: 6:45pm On Oct 11, 2018
Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo on Thursday declared that he has forgiven the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar.

Obasanjo said because he was a Christian who daily ask God for forgiveness, he has forgiven Abubakar over past inadequacies that occurred between them.

Recall that Obasanjo had met with Atiku, the founder and General Overseer of the Living Faith Church, Bishop David Oyedepo and others earlier today.

Also at the meeting was Bishop Mattew Kukah and Sheikh Ahmed Gumi.

Speaking during the parley, Obasanjo urged the Waziri of Adamawa to “mend fences” in the international world.

Obasanjo also promised to assist Abubakar in ensuring that he mend fences with both the national and the International world.

He said, “Yes, when it started, it was meant for Atiku to succeed Obasanjo. In the presence of these distinguished leaders of goodwill today, let me say it openly that we have reviewed what went wrong on the side of Atiku. And in all honesty, my former Vice-President has re-discovered and re-positioned himself. As I have repeatedly said, it is not so much what you did against me that was the issue but what you did against the Party, the Government and the country.

“I took the stand I had taken based on the character and attributes you exhibited in the position you found yourself. I strongly believe that I was right. It was in the overall interest of everyone and everything to take such a position.

“From what transpired in the last couple of hours or so, you have shown remorse; you have asked for forgiveness and you have indicated that you have learnt some good lessons and you will mend fences and make amends as necessary and as desirable.

“Whenever or wherever you might have offended me, as a Christian who asks for God’s forgiveness of my sins and inadequacies on daily basis, I forgive and I sincerely advise you to learn from the past and do what is right and it will be well with you. Obviously, you have mended fences with the Party and fully reconciled with the Party. That’s why today, you are the Presidential Candidate of the Party. In addition to appreciating all that the Party has done for you, may I advise you to work together with all those who contested for the Party’s flag with you as a team for your campaign.

“There are still areas, nationally and internationally, where you have to mend fences and make amends. You will know how to handle what is already out and what may yet be put out by the opposition. But, I am convinced that if you continue with the attitude that brought you here with these distinguished leaders of goodwill, with remorse and contrite heart, the rest of the coast within and outside the country can be cleared. And if there is anything I can do and you want me to do in that respect, I will do.

“I am sure with the right attitude for change where necessary, and by putting lessons learned by you to work, you will get the understanding, cooperation, support and mandate – all at the national level. With Nigerians voting for you, it will mean that you secure their forgiveness and regain their confidence. It will be with the hope or assurance of a Paul on the road to Damascus Conversion. After all, change and conversion are of man. I believe that with a contrite heart, change is possible in everybody’s life and situation.

“For me, relatively and of all the aspirants in the PDP, you have the widest and greatest exposure, experience, outreach and possibly the best machinery and preparation for seeing the tough and likely dirty campaign ahead through. From what I personally know of you, you have capacity to perform better than the incumbent. You surely understand the economy better; you have business experience, which can make your administration business-friendly and boost the economy and provide jobs.

“You have better outreach nationally and internationally and that can translate to better management of foreign affairs. You are more accessible and less inflexible and more open to all parts of the country in many ways. As Pastor Bakare, one-time running mate of the incumbent President said, “You are a wazobia man.” And that should help you in confronting the confrontable and shunning nepotism.”

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/apc-vs-pdp-i-have-forgiven-you-will.html

Politics / Anambra Monarch Drums Support For Pmb’s Re-election by 10Ebisco: 4:53am On Oct 11, 2018
The traditional ruler of Awka-Etiti in Anambra State, Igwe Chuma Ojukwu has vowed to invoke the spirits of the gods of the land to clear the way for President Muhammadu Buhari’s reelection bid.

Ojukwu who made the public declaration yesterday during a press conference at Awka-Etiti, noted it was to reciprocate President Buhari’s intervention for his recent release from Port Harcourt prison after nearly a year in incarceration.

He expressed gratitude to Buhari for facilitating his freedom, and declared, “by the power bestowed on me as a traditional ruler, I pronounce with Awka-Etiti kingdom’s 320 years ancient power of authority (Ofo) that Mr President, Buhari must be alive to complete his tenure till 2023”.

Ojukwu, however, said he was charged before a Rivers State Magistrate Court sitting in Port Harcourt in suit No PMC/295c/2013 on a three count charge for allegedly obtaining some goods under false pretense among other issues.

He said the offence, according to the charge was punishable under Section 419 of the Criminal Code, Cap 37, Law of Rivers State of Nigeria, 1999.

He said that he was however discharged on two counts but was found guilty on one of the counts, which he said he appealed to a higher court of law.

“I have now appealed to High Court through notice of appeal filed and served on December 5, 2017 based on my conviction and sentence on count three charge.

“I prayed the High Court in the notice of appeal for an order of the High Court setting aside the verdict of guilt with respect to the third count of the charge against me.

“An order of the High Court dismissing the charge of defamation of character against me and discharge and acquit me with respect to that count three charge,” he stated.

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/anambra-monarch-drums-support-for-pmbs.html

1 Like

Politics / NASS Crisis: I Don’t Have Anything To Do With Saraki’s Removal – Senator Lawan M by 10Ebisco: 7:57am On Oct 10, 2018
The Senate Majority Leader, Senator Ahmad Lawan, (APC) has made a u-turn in his threat to remove Senate President, Bukola Saraki from office.

Lawan had told the leadership of the All Progressives Congress, APC, and President Muhammadu Buhari, that the party’s senate caucus will impeach Saraki, and “force through a lot of things” when lawmakers reconvene on Tuesday.

Asked to explain the threats, the Leader told Punch that he only wanted the President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration to succeed.

He said he wanted the bills and pressing national issues before the Senate to be attended to and did not want a government he is part of to fail.

The Yobe born politician added, “I want to assume that every one of us will be responsive and responsible to see the need and necessity of considering those issues.

“But if the leadership refuses, then we will have to take every measure to ensure that we pass them.

“We cannot see the reason why we cannot consider them. Anybody who says we can’t, we have every right to say it is possible.”

The lawmaker declined to respond to a question on whether the pro-Buhari senators were still bent on removing change in the Senate.

“No, I don’t have anything to do with that. I want my government to succeed; I want President Muhammadu Buhari to succeed,” he said.

When reminded of the earlier calls for Saraki’s removal as Senate President, Lawan said, “I know but I don’t want to answer questions if I feel that I am not… What is crucial to me is the success of this administration.”

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/nass-crisis-i-dont-have-anything-to-do.html

2 Likes

Politics / Kaduna: Thousands Of Sacked LG Workers Drag El-rufai Govt To Court by 10Ebisco: 3:53pm On Oct 09, 2018
The Industrial Court in Kaduna has adjourned hearing in the case instituted by the 4, 042 sacked local government councils’ workers in Kaduna State seeking for their reinstatement.

The affected workers had gone to the court after their sack in November 2017, asking it to order the government to also pay them their full entitlements and damages caused by its action.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) report that the case which was slated to be heard this Tuesday, was adjourned due to the absence of the judge, Justice Sunusi Kado.

An official of the court, Happiness Luka, informed both parties in the case that the judge had rushed to Abuja to attend the burial of his colleague, Justice Waziri Abayi, who died today.

She said that a new date would be communicated to them later.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/kaduna-thousands-of-sacked-lg-workers_9.html

Politics / 2019: Nigerians In Europe Laud Pmb’s Emergence As APC Presidential Candidate by 10Ebisco: 4:47am On Oct 09, 2018
A cross section of Nigerians in Europe have lauded the emergence of President Muhammadu Buhari as the flag bearer of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2019 general elections.

Buhari polled a total of 14, 842,072 across the 35 states and the Federal Capital Territory during the party’s direct Presidential Primary to emerge as it’s 2019 candidate. Speaking to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) Dr Saidu Abbas, a human rights lawyer in London described the move as “a positive one for continuity in governance.

“Abbas said that the emergence of Buhari would further consolidate the gains of democracy which has been recorded since 2015. “This means that there will be continuity in the fight against corruption and the general change agenda of government,” he noted. Similarly, Mrs Grace Alu, a member of the Nigerians in Diaspora Organisation (NIDO), Italy, in a telephone interview, commended the APC for electing Buhari as its presidential candidate.

Alu described Buhari as the best President the nation has had since the return of democracy in 1999. “Buhari is the only selfless leader we have had since 1999.

Even the opposition can attest to that. “For Nigeria to move forward, we need someone like him who will put the nation on the right path to nation building.

“I understand the current economic situation in the country but he is not responsible for it, as a matter of fact it would be worst under the leadership of someone else.

“Let’s come together irrespective of ethnicity and religion to support the cause of nation building,” Alu stressed All others, who spoke with NAN from Switzerland, Germany , France and Belgium, urged Nigerians to be patient as government continues to deliver the gains of democracy They advised against voting corrupt candidates into power, saying that such move would take the nation 10 years backwards.

They unanimously agreed that the choice of Buhari was in the nation’s interest in terms of continuity in governance and delivery of tangible results of the change agenda. Buhari’s main opposition in the 2019 election is former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, who emerged as the candidate of the Peoples Democracy Party in a convention also held on Saturday in Port Harcourt.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/fct-primaries-aspirant-sympathises-with.html

Politics / Most Nigerians Want Atiku As President — Peter Obi by 10Ebisco: 9:20am On Oct 08, 2018
Former Governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi, has described the victory of Alhaji Abubakar Atiku as a consummation of the wishes and desires of most Nigerians, both high and low.

In a message he sent to the press, Obi emphasised that what the PDP delegates did in Port Harcourt was a mirror of what Nigerians wanted – free and transparent election. Obi said that because all the candidates were imminently qualified, with each coming with his support base, that the victory of Atiku showed that he was widely accepted. He commended other contestants for putting up brave contest and conducting themselves in a way befitting true leaders in name and in fact.

Describing Nigeria as a nation that has derailed off the paths of development due to what he called cumulative leadership failure, Obi said that going by Atiku’s wealth of experience, track record of wealth-creation, knack for identifying excellence among excellent people, detribalised nature and perfect understanding of the ills of the country, that he has confident that Alhaji Abubakar Atiku has all it takes to restore the glory of Nigeria.

“Having personally followed him in the past six months, listened and interacted with him on a number of issues negatively affecting our society, I observe in him a person who has the burning desire to leave a footprint in the sands of time.”

While calling on Nigerians to offer him full support, he thanked Gov. Nyesom Wike for providing a conducive atmosphere for the Convention.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/most-nigerians-want-atiku-as-president.html

1 Like

Politics / We’re Proud Of Our Achievements by 10Ebisco: 5:52am On Oct 08, 2018
I wish to express my sincere gratitude to the Chairman and members of the Convention Committee for planning and conducting this convention. The same appreciation goes to the chairmen of National and State Executive Committees of our party.

Thank you very much for doing a difficult job well. I would like to pay tribute to Chief Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Chief Bisi Akande the first chairman of our great Party and to Chief John Oyegun who led the party until this year and all the APC Governors.

The result of the presidential primaries of the All Progressives Congress this time is different because I am the only candidate. I thank all other eligible candidates who deferred to me in the interest of our party unity and over-all national stability.

Fellow party members, it is with a deep sense of humility that I stand before you today to accept the nomination of our party, the All Progressives Congress to be its candidate and flag-bearer in the 2019 presidential elections. As I stand today before you, there is no honour greater than the confidence given to me by all of you when you affirmed my nomination. I thank you for your support.

I thank you for your guidance. I thank you for staying committed to the CHANGE agenda. I accept this honour as a tribute and mark of confidence to carry the responsibility as we all join hands to continue the good work of the APC government to 2023 and beyond.

We are very proud of our record from 2015 to date: We have arrested and checked the slide to anarchy on the security and economic fronts. Boko Haram is reduced to dastardly attacks on soft targets. Normalcy has returned to much of North East and neighbouring North West states.

Our currency has stabilised. Our reserves are now $44 billion, a lot higher than we had in 2015. Power generation capacity has reached 8,000 megawatts against less than 4,600 when we came into office. As we invest in new power generation infrastructure we are strenuously working to address the legacy deficiencies and challenges of transmission and distribution networks across the country.

We are executing Independent Power Projects in 9 Federal Universities to deliver uninterrupted power supply and we intend to expand to a total of 37 Universities We have revived most of our capacity to produce fertilisers locally.

The Government through its Anchor Borrowers Programme and other incentives has empowered more than 2 million farmers to go back to the land. We now produce 80% of our rice requirements.

Many farmers who nearly lost hope are now millionaires. We have introduced primary school feeding programmes to encourage attendance and enrolment. We also have introduced the conditional cash transfer to help small and medium businesses, the men, the women and young people who drive our economy.

We have repaired and are repairing major arterial roads and starting major railway projects with the aim of linking the 36 states with efficient road and rail transportation systems.We are attacking corruption head-on. With international support we are recovering Nigerian stolen assets and applying them to infrastructural developments.

Today the corrupt are facing the wrath of law and leakages have been generally blocked.Mr. Chairman, Your Excellencies, Members of the APC. We can be proud of our achievements. CHANGE has come. Ladies and Gentlemen, fellow Nigerians, think how much PDP Governments earned between 1999 to 2015. Think what they did with it: Infrastructure down! Security down! 18 local governments of Nigeria under control of a hostile army of insurgents, Reserves depleted! Bankruptcy around the corner. What did they do with your money? Internationally, Nigeria is now respected.

My inter-action with foreign heads of state and government has been very encouraging. The international community is very supportive of our efforts to put our country in order. Ladies and gentlemen, Members of APC. I thank you deeply for your support and confidence in me. I will not let you or the people of Nigeria down. –Being President Muhammadu Buhari’s acceptance speech as he was nominated the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Abuja.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/were-proud-of-our-achievements.html

Politics / Aisha Buhari Faults APC Primaries, Alleges Impunity by 10Ebisco: 9:25pm On Oct 07, 2018
The wife of the President, Mrs Aisha Buhari, has accused the All Progressives Congress of allowing impunity to take place during its primaries.

According to her, some aspirants were given automatic tickets, denying others who also bought the party’s forms “at exorbitant prices” a fair chance.

She made her position known in a series of tweets on Sunday.

“It is disheartening to note that some aspirants used their hard-earned money to purchase nomination forms, got screened, cleared and campaigned vigorously yet found their names omitted on Election Day, these forms were bought at exorbitant prices,” she said.

“Many others contested and yet had their result delayed, fully knowing that automatic tickets have been given to other people.”

She explained that it was important to speak out in view of happenings during the primaries, to give a voice to the voiceless and called on Nigerians to rise against impunity.

Mrs Buhari’s outburst comes after the Adamawa state governor, Mohammed Jibrilla, emerged as the winner of the governorship primary election in the state.

He polled 193,656 votes to defeat two other candidates, Halilu Mahmoud and Nuhu Ribadu.

She, however, did not mention names or give instances where automatic tickets were handed out.

Mrs Buhari also advised voters to ensure that they only back candidates who are committed to the provision of basic amenities.

She is saddened that “such impunity could take place” despite the “All Progressives Congress being a party whose cardinal principle is change and headed by a comrade/ activist whose main concern is for the common man”.

She added, “Given this development one will not hesitate than dissociate from such unfairness, be neutral and speak for the voiceless.

“It is important for the populace to rise against impunity and for voters to demand from aspirants to be committed to the provision of basic amenities such as 1. Potable drinking water 2. Basic health care (Primary Health Care centres) 3. Education within conducive and appropriate learning environments.

“Let us vote wisely!”

Her complaints come hours after the APC affirmed President Muhammadu Buhari as its candidate for the 2019 Presidential election.

Some 7,000 delegates affirmed the outcome of the September 28 direct presidential primary of the party and confirmed the candidature of the President on Saturday at the party’s national convention which was held at Eagles Square in Abuja.

While the President was unopposed in that primary which was hitch-free, some of the party’s other primaries have generated controversy.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/aisha-buhari-faults-apc-primaries.html

Business / Indian-west Africa Conclave Commences Tomorrow by 10Ebisco: 5:59am On Oct 07, 2018
The India-West Africa Regional Conclave is to Commence in Abuja, Monday.

The Conclave is an annual business meeting between Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in conjunction with Government of India. Addressing a press conference in Abuja, the Indian High Commissioner to Nigeria, RN Reddy revealed that more than 200 participants drawn from the West Africa sub region are expected at the event.

We are expecting 200 delegates from the 15 countries of the West Africa sub region. Similarly, 70 business representatives from India, including 20 CEOs of leading India industry are expected to converge at this important event.

Representation from all the 15 ECOWAS countries, including some Ministerial delegation makes this Conclave an ideal platform to bring together leading stakeholders, including business leaders, policy leaders, entrepreneurs and thought leaders of India and West African countries.

Reddy explained that Nigeria was chosen to host the event because the Nigerian President Muhammad Buhari is currently the chair of ECOWAS and Nigeria hosts ECOWAS secretariat.

Responding, the representative of the Nigeria Investment Promotion Commission, NIPC, Adeshina Emmanuel said, praised Indian for the bold move to strengthen its trade ties with Nigeria.

He urged the Nigerian business class to give the event the needed support. Emmanuel reiterated that the NIPC was doing everything that needed to be done to translate Nigerian trade with India to investment.

The conclave aims to serve as a platform for dialogues between India and the 15 West African countries, who are members of ECOWAS, to further strengthen the developmental partnerships.

The Conclave will also focus on economic and commercial deliberations through Business to Government (B2Gs) and Business to Business (B2Bs) engagements.

It will be a platform for Indian and African private sectors and key financial institutions to identify priority areas and special projects for Indian investment and partnership, with a long-term commitment to West Africa.

The India-West Africa Conclave, the first event of its kind to be organised by India in West Africa, will have the presence of Trade, Commerce & Industry Ministers from India and all the fifteen (15) ECOWAS Member-countries, to further strengthen development partnerships.

His Excellency, Mr Suresh Prabhu, Hon’ble Minister for Commerce & Industry of India, will be leading a high-powered Indian delegation, consisting senior officials of the Government of India, captains of Indian industry and experts in the key sectors to be deliberated during the conclave.

The trade volume between Nigeria and India as at 2017 stood at $9.6 billion

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/indian-west-africa-conclave-commences.html

Politics / Soldiers Kill 5 Terrorists, Recover Arms, Communication Tools, Cooking Utensils, by 10Ebisco: 9:02pm On Oct 06, 2018
The Nigeria Army said its soldiers fighting in the counter-insurgency war in the North East have killed five terrorists and recovered arms and ammunition from them.

Director Army Public Relations, Brig.-Gen. Texas Chukwu, who made this known in a statement, said soldiers from Sector 3, Operation LAFIYA DOLE, alongside members of the Civilian Joint Task Force, killed the terrorists while on a fighting patrol at Gara village in Northern Borno.

Gen. Chukwu said some of the injured terrorists escaped when they could no longer stand the firing power from the soldiers.

The Army spokesman, in the statement said, “Troops of Sector 3, Operation LAFIYA DOLE in conjunction with Civilian Joint Task Force while on fighting patrol to Gara village in Northern Borno on Friday 5 October 2018 encountered suspected Boko Haram Terrorists.

“Five members of the Boko Haram Terrorists were neutralised during the encounter following the superior fire power of the troops while others escape to a nearby bush with gunshot wounds. Items recovered included:

Four AK 47 rifles.
Five Magazines.
55 rounds of 7.62mm special ammunition.
8 rounds of 5.56mm NATO ammunition.
11 mobile phones.
Assorted drugs.
Cooking utensils.
Some quantity of provisions.
Six Horses.

“The public is therefore advised to report any suspicious movements or activities in their area to the security agency for prompt action”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/soldiers-kill-5-terrorists-recover-arms.html

Politics / Eight South African Policemen Arrested For Killing Nigerian by 10Ebisco: 11:59am On Oct 06, 2018
The South African Police on Friday arrested eight policemen over the alleged brutal murder of a Nigerian in 2017.
The President of the Nigerian Union in South Africa, Mr Adetola Olubajo confirmed the arrest to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Saturday.
According to him, Mr Badmus Olalekan Ibrahim, 25, was allegedly tortured to death by his killers in Vanderbijlpark near Johannesburg in 2017.
He said, “Badmus Ibrahim, a native of Ibadan in Oyo State was tortured and brutally murdered on Oct. 10, 2017 by police officers.
“The officers were arrested today (Oct. 5) in Vereeniging outside Johannesburg. They will be arraigned in Vanderbijlpark Magistrate Court on Monday (Oct. cool for murder and torture,’’ he told NAN.
Olubajo said the police officers were indicted for murder and torture by the South Africa’s Independent Police Investigating Directorate (IPID) on Sept. 27, 2018.
He stated that union had since the incident occurred followed up the matter with IPID to ensure justice was served to Ibrahim’s killers.
He commended IPID for its intervention and cooperation with the union in ensuring the culprits were arrested and charged.
“This is a welcome development as the community and the family of Ibrahim Badmus will hopefully get justice on the murder of their son.
“We call on South African authorities to investigate all murder cases involving our nationals irrespective of who is suspected to be the killer,” he appealed.
Olubajo said the eight police officers were currently held in Biopatong Holding Cell, Gauteng Province in the former apartheid enclave.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/eight-south-african-policemen-arrested.html

Politics / BREAKING: IGP Invites Saraki, Dino Melaye, Ben Bruce For Questioning Over PDP Pr by 10Ebisco: 9:03pm On Oct 05, 2018
The Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris has invited the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, and Senators Dino Melaye and Ben Bruce over their alleged involvement in the disturbance of public peace and safety in the FCT.

Bruce had alleged that police attacked leaders and members of PDP, who were protesting against the outcome of the Osun State Governorship election at the headquarters of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Abuja.

Reacting, the Force Spokesman, Ag. DCP Jimoh Moshood said in a statement on Friday in Abuja that the politicians were invited to report themselves to the IGP Monitoring Unit at the Force Headquarters on Monday, 8th October, 2018 for investigation.

The statement reads: “Senator Bukola Saraki, Senator Dino Melaye and Senator Ben Bruce who were captured on camera to have been involved in the disturbance of public peace and public safety, unlawful blockade of Shehu Shagari way for several hours preventing motorists, road users and other members of the public from having access and passage on the highway thereby disturbing public peace and public safety and causing innocent people to scamper for safety and violent attack on Policemen posted to ensure security of the Force Headquarters, pushing and hitting the Policemen to forcefully enter the Force Headquarters to cause damage to Police equipment and Government properties are hereby invited to report themselves to the IGP Monitoring Unit at the Force Headquarters on Monday, 8th October, 2018 for investigation.

“Today at about 1330Hrs, unruly and violent protesters who are members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in their hundreds with thugs and miscreants inside several trucks and vehicles blocked the Shehu Shagari way in front of the Nigeria Police Force, Headquarters creating a gridlock of traffic on the highway and preventing motorists, road users and other members of the public from having access and passage on Shehu Shagari way thereby disturbing public peace and public safety and causing innocent people to scamper for safety, suddenly the unruly/violent protesters surge and rushed violently on the Policemen posted to ensure safety of the Force Headquarters premises, pushing and hitting the Policemen to forcefully enter the Force Headquarters to cause damage to Police equipment and Government properties.

“The Police team headed by a very Senior Police Officer despite the provocation, after issuing words of proclamation, warning this unruly PDP protesters who were chanting war songs of ”we no go gree o, we no go gree, we no go gree”, charged the Police personnel who used minimum force and dispersed them.

“Senator Dino Melaye, Senator Ben Murray-Bruce and others yet to be identified were recorded on Camera pushing Policemen to forcefully enter the Force Headquarters to damage and destroy Police equipment and Government properties while Senator Bukola Saraki was at the scene of the attack in his car also captured on camera along with hundreds of miscreants and thugs in the acts of disturbance of public peace and public safety, unlawful blockade of Shehu Shagari way for several hours preventing motorists, road users and other members of the public from having access and passage on the highway thereby disturbing public peace and public safety and causing innocent people to scamper for safety.

“The Inspector General of Police has directed immediate investigation into this unprovoked and unwarranted attack on the personnel of the Nigeria Police Force and the Force Headquarters premises which is against the law and condemnable. The Force will do everything within the law to bring all perpetrators of this crime to justice, no matter how highly placed.

“Consequently, Senator Bukola Saraki, Senator Dino Melaye and Senator Ben Bruce who were captured on camera to have been involved in the disturbance of public peace and public safety, unlawful blockade of Shehu Shagari way for several hours preventing motorists, road users and other members of the public from having access and passage on the highway thereby disturbing public peace and public safety and causing innocent people to scamper for safety and violent attack on Policemen posted to ensure security of the Force Headquarters, pushing and hitting the Policemen to forcefully enter the Force Headquarters to cause damage to Police equipment and Government properties are hereby invited to report themselves to the IGP Monitoring Unit at the Force Headquarters on Monday, 8th October, 2018 for investigation.

“Members of the public in the FCT are implored to remain calm as the situation is under control. Further development will be communicated to the public soon.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/breaking-igp-invites-saraki-dino-melaye.html

Politics / PDP Presidential Primary: Dankwambo Speaks On Stepping Down For Tambuwal by 10Ebisco: 5:15pm On Oct 05, 2018
The Gombe State Governor and Presidential aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Ibrahim Dankwambo has refuted reports that he stepped down for a fellow aspirant, Aminu Tambuwal.

A media report, not DAILY POST, had claimed that Dankwambo had stepped down for Tambuwal, who is the Governor of Sokoto State, barely 24 hours to the conduct of PDP’s Presidential primary.

The opposition party will be holding its Presidential primary election in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, on Saturday.

Dankwabo, who shared the report via his Twitter handle described it as false.

He wrote: “False. I’m a 2nd term governor. I have been loyal to the PDP. This does not make any sense. They sold a dummy to you.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/pdp-presidential-primary-dankwambo.html

Politics / 2019: Obasanjo, Umar, Ojukwu, Others Form Mega Party by 10Ebisco: 6:26am On Oct 05, 2018
The intrigues ahead of 2019 presidential election have risen a notch with the emergence of new political force, a mega political party named People’s Trust (PT). The party, led by former president of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Olisa Agbakoba (SAN), has members and political groups, including the Third Force led by former president Olusegun Obasanjo, joining forces to form the mega party. Some of the notable figures in the new party are the former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Ghali Umar Na’abba; former military governor of Kaduna State, Col Abubarkar Dangiwa Umar, and former minister of education, Dr Oby Ezekwesili.

Others are the son of former Prime Minister of Nigeria, Dr Abduljalil Tafawa Balewa and the son of former Biafran leader, Chief Debe Odumegwu Ojukwu. According to a statement by the party’s national secretary, Mallam Naseer Kura, the party’s first national convention, billed for today and tomorrow in Lagos, would be headlined by Nobel Laureate, Prof Wole Soyinka The statement reads in part: “The national chairman of People’s Trust (PT), a new mega political party of fresh breed leaders of the third force movement in Nigeria, has announced that the national convention of the Third Force Movement under the auspices of the People’s Trust will hold on Friday and Saturday in Ikeja, Lagos.

“The legal icon and former president of the NBA stated that party faithful’s, as well as ideological and political allies of the movement, are expected to storm the national convention of PT where far reaching decisions about the future and leadership of the party and Nigeria will be taken, especially as regards the state of Nigeria and the forthcoming general elections, in 2019 “The first ever convention of the party, which is slated to hold from Friday, October 5 to Saturday, October 6, 2018 at Lagos Airport Hotels, Ikeja, Lagos, is also expected to witness primaries for PT aspirants in the 2019 elections, as well as elections into party offices, where the review of PT Constitution and Manifesto shall be ratified, name and logo of the party shall be reviewed and the newly formalised strategic alliance and MOU for technical fusion with other political parties, movement and aspirants shall be ratified.”

It noted that Nobel laureate, Prof Wole Soyinka, will deliver the keynote address at the special elective national convention, which has the theme, “Birthing a New Democratic Nigeria through the Third Force.” Other leaders of thought who are expected to deliver goodwill messages and solidarity speeches at the convention are the president of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Comrade Ayuba Waaba; president of United Labour Congress, Comrade Ajearo; convener of Summit of the Alternatives (SOTA), Dr Oby Ezekwesili; executive director of the Awolowo Foundation, Dr Tokunbo Awolowo- Dosumu; former Speaker Ghali Umar Na’aba; former military governor of Kaduna State, Col Abubarkar Dangiwa Umar; son of former Prime Minister of Nigeria, Dr Abduljalil Tafawa Balewa, and son of former Biafran leader, Chief Debe Odumegwu Ojukwu, among others.

National secretary of PT and deputy director-general of NIM, Mallam Naseer Kura, told LEADERSHIP Friday that the underlining motive of the gathering was for “some political like-minds to see how we can explore areas of collaboration, merger, alliance or accord.

That is, in summary, the rationale behind tomorrow’s gathering.” On the issue of members belonging to other alliances, he said, “What it means is that we are progressing towards gradual transformation; from a social movement to a political movement that might metamorphose into a political merger.” On whether their members will contest in 2019, he said, “That is an area we will not categorical comment on for now.

We may endorse some parties as well as encourage our members to participate in partisan politics. “And that is what the Nigerian intervention movement has been canvassing for a long time in terms of bringing change in the political environment through change in political actors and shift in not-too-good style of governance as is exemplified in the current set of leaders we find in both the APC and PDP.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/2019-obasanjo-umar-ojukwu-others-form.html

Politics / PDP Primaries: Dasuki Wins Reps Ticket by 10Ebisco: 7:09pm On Oct 04, 2018
Abdussamad Dasuki, member representing Kebbe/Tambuwal Federal Constituency in Sokoto State, on Thursday clinched the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) ticket to contest for the House of Representatives election in 2019.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Dasuki, who is the current Chairman, House Committee on Navy, was returned unopposed through affirmative votes by 214 delegates drawn from Tambuwal and Kebbe local government areas.

The Returning Officer, Mr Usman Muhammad, declared Dasuki winner of the poll and commended delegates and party supporters for their orderliness and cooperation that facilitated the successful conduct of the exercise.

In his post election remarks, Dasuki pledged to continue to ensure good legislation on agriculture, health, education and economic empowerment.

He also promised continue to use his experience to sponsor bills that would uplift the lives of his constituents and other Nigerians.

He appealed to party leaders and supporters to woo more supporters to ensure victory for the party in the coming general elections.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/pdp-primaries-dasuki-wins-reps-ticket.html

Politics / PDP Presidential Primary: Why All Aspirants Will Sign Bond – Ologbondiyan by 10Ebisco: 12:49pm On Oct 04, 2018
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has said all presidential aspirants on its platform will sign a bond, ahead of Saturday’s National Convention in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital.

PDP explained that the move was aimed at ensuring that all aspirants accept the outcome of the poll.

Speaking with Vanguard, the spokesperson of the opposition party, Kola Ologbondiyan said the signing of the bond would stem a possible post-convention crisis.

Ologbondiyan also alleged that despite the plot by the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, to infiltrate its ranks during the convention, it would emerge from the exercise a more united platform determined to win power at the center in 2019.

He said: “Our resolve to conduct a free, fair, credible and acceptable convention is total and the party is fully committed to this.

‘’This week, all the presidential aspirants will sign a bond not only to accept the outcome of the process but also to support whoever emerges winner of the ticket.

“The PDP has the experience, the capacity and focus to restore our people’s confidence in this nation, having witnessed more than three and a half years of unfulfilled promises by the APC-led government.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/pdp-presidential-primary-why-all.html

1 Share

Celebrities / Toke Makinwa Reveals What Her Man Must Have by 10Ebisco: 7:05am On Oct 03, 2018
This morning, media personality, Toke Makinwa took to Twitter to speak about her kind of man. According to the best selling author,

“My man doesn’t have to be rich, but he has to be able to take care of me”.

She also said, ‘every girl has a list, over the years my own list has changed a little bit. Life happened, it’ll shock a lot of you to find out that I don’t ask for much’.

See her tweet below:

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/toke-makinwa-reveals-what-her-man-must.html

Politics / 2019 Election: El-rufai Speaks On Election Violence by 10Ebisco: 8:26am On Oct 02, 2018
Kaduna Governor, Nasir El-rufai, on Monday said his administration would ensure that the 2011 political violence that claimed 800 lives across the state does not happen again.

He spoke at a meeting with Muslim and Christian religious leaders from the 23 local governments in the state ahead of the 2019 election.

The governor appealed to them to sensitize people against violence next year.

He said: “The present administration will make sure that the 2011 political violence that claimed 800 lives across the stats does not repeat itself.”

El-Rufai warned that people should not be instigated against each other because of political differences.

“What happened in 2011 which claimed about 800 lives in the state must not be allowed to repeat itself. There is no need to cause crisis because of politics.

“People should be allowed to vote for people of their choice. I beg you to please educate and sensitize the people to always live in peace and harmony with each other.

“I want you as leaders to also tell them there is no need for crisis during election because God gives power to whomever He wishes”, the governor added.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/2019-election-el-rufai-speaks-on.html

1 Like

Politics / Buhari Reacts To Death Of Sen. Dafinone, Okogwu by 10Ebisco: 6:24pm On Oct 01, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday
condoled with the families of a Second Republic legislator, the late Sen. David Dafinone and the Ojise of Asaba, late Chief Sunny Okogwu, over their death.

Buhari, in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, in Abuja on Monday, described the late senator, who represented Bendel South in the defunct Bendel State, as a renowned chartered accountant, who lived a life of service to God and the nation.

The statement read in part: “The president commended the late senator’s disposition to serve the Federal Government whenever he was called upon, while always promoting democratic values and culture among his people.

“Also, Buhari joined the business community in mourning the passing of Okogwu, a renowned entrepreneur and philanthropist, Okogwu, the Ojise of Asaba.

“He condoled with the family and friends of Ojise of Asaba, whose love and care for the poor and downtrodden remained historical, especially in Kaduna, where he spent most of his life.

“The president recommended to other Nigerians, the “detribalised and cosmopolitan outlook of Okogwu”, who developed strong and meaningful relationships outside his roots, and graciously invested in the transformation of many lives.

“Buhari said he believed Okogwu’s business acumen also reflected in his large-heartedness as he contributed generously to the development of communities across the country.

“He urged his family to carry on with the legacies of the iconic businessman even as he prayed that Okogwu and Dafinone would find eternal rest in the bosom of the Lord.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/buhari-reacts-to-death-of-sen-dafinone.html

Politics / APC Primary: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Party Leaders Take Final Decision On Ambode, Sanw by 10Ebisco: 8:11pm On Sep 29, 2018
The Governor’s Advisory Council (GAC) of the Lagos chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has endorsed Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu to pick the party’s governorship ticket for the 2019 election in the state.

Sen. Anthony Adefuye, a member the council, announced the endorsement to party members on Saturday, at a stakeholders’ meeting at the ACME Road state party secretariat.

He said GAC, the highest decision-making body of the chapter, arrived at the endorsement after a meeting, which lasted for several hours.

Adefuye said the meeting was chaired by national leader of the party, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, and was attended by other prominent members of the party.

Adefuye listed Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, the Majority Leader of the House of Representatives, Mr Femi Gbajabiamila and Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Mr Mudashiru Obasa as some of those also at the meeting.

He said that the decision to back Sanwo-Olu, a former Commissioner for Training and Establishment, against the incumbent, Gov. Akinwunmi Ambode, was in the interest of the state and the party.

Adefuye also announced that the governorship primary had been postponed from Sunday to Monday but gave no reason for the shift.

He told the crowd that another aspirant, a former Commissioner for Works, Dr Obafemi Hamzat, had withdrawn from the race and had endorsed Sanwo-Olu.

“There was a GAC meeting held this morning, which was attended by the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, Majority Leader of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, Speaker, House of Assembly, Mudashiru Obasa, and others.

“This meeting was chaired by our national leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu. This is a meeting that we started at 10am. and we couldn’t finish early.

“After the meeting, I have been mandated by the GAC to announce this to you.

“The gubernatorial primary earlier scheduled for tomorrow, September 30th, has been shifted to Monday, October 1.

“Also, the GAC was informed by Dr Obafemi Hamzat of his decision to graciously step down and endorse Jide Sanwoolu.

“GAC has endorsed Babajide Sanwo-Olu as its preferred candidate ahead of the primary,” he added.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/apc-primary-osinbajo-tinubu-party.html

Politics / 2019: ‘i’m Nigeria’s Next President’– Kwankwaso Declares In Plateau by 10Ebisco: 9:04am On Sep 28, 2018
The former Governor of Kano State, Dr Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso, has boasted that he would be the next president of Nigeria.

Kwankwaso is one of the 13 presidential aspirants jostling for the sole ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

The former governor, who is currently representing Kano Central at the Senate, made the declaration on Thursday while speaking at the PDP state secretariat when he visited Jos, the Plateau State capital to lobby delegates ahead of party’s presidential primary elections in October.

Kwankwaso while addressing the Chairman, Plateau State chapter of party, Damishi Sango said, “I know there is conference currently going on in Abuja, and because your relative is coming to Jos, you then delegated your Deputy to represent you.

“I know you wouldn’t go anywhere because Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso is coming, you asked your Deputy to go because the conference there is irrelevant. The most relevant one is the next president Kwankwaso is coming to Jos,” he said.

Kwankwaso, former Minister of Defense during the Olusegun Obasanjo’s regime added that he has what it takes to match President Muhammadu Buhari’s popularity.

“I am lucky I am from Kano, a state with the highest population conducted during last census, and also I am from North West, a zone with highest population in Nigeria, and you know politics is a game of numbers and I have the numbers,” he said.

Kwankwaso explained that Buhari has failed in providing education, employment for the teaming youths and on infrastructure.

“I would provide free education for Nigerians. If you remember in 2001, I built Kano State University of Technology, Wudil, and in 2012 I built North West University. I sponsored about 1,162 Kano indigenes to study different courses at private universities in Nigeria.” He said.

He said, “My government also sponsored about 2, 600 Kano indigenes to study abroad in countries like USA, England, France, Egypt and Sudan, so if elected president all states of Nigeria would enjoy free education.”

Kwankwaso also pledged if elected president in 2019 he would work round the clock to end the farmers-herders clashes bedeviling the country.

The former governor also said he was one of the commanders that made Buhari the president in 2015, “And we the commanders are in PDP, therefore Buhari wouldn’t win 2019 presidential election.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/2019-im-nigerias-next-president.html

Politics / APC Vs PDP: Fani-kayode Blows Hot, Reveals What Happened During Osun Rerun by 10Ebisco: 8:06pm On Sep 27, 2018
Former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, has reacted to Thursday’s rerun governorship election in Osun State.

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) conducted supplementary election in four local government areas having declared the last Saturday’s governorship election inconclusive.

Reacting, Fani-Kayode said the All Progressives Congress (APC)-led government muscled the opposition People’s Democratic Party (PDP) using state apparatuses.

He wrote: “The police and army prevented PDP agents from watching the polling booths. APC thugs threatened and beat PDP voters.
“Journalists and election observers were prevented from monitoring and covering the process. Many of them were manhandled and beaten up. The APC openly bribed voters with 100,000 naira each. Is this an election? No sir!

“The truth is there was no election in Osun today. It was violence all through. It was daylight robbery and theft. It was a violation of the dignity, rights and sovereingty of the people of Osun state and Yorubaland.

“As a people we have been down this road before in 1964,1983 and 1993 and there were serious and severe consequences. Those that have done this today have refused to learn from the lessons of history and I have little doubt that sooner or later there will once again be grave consequences and they will reap what they have sown.

“This is no longer about PDP or APC but about the dignity and liberation of the Yoruba people. Those amongst us that have chosen to collaborate with the barbarians that seek to keep us in slavery and bondage will pay a heavy price.

“We are not intimidated. They stole our votes, robbed us of our victory, raped our dignity, rubbished our self-respect and violated our rghts. Many of our people were insulted, intimidated, humiliated, beaten, wounded and maimed and our supporters were chased away from the polling booths by thugs abd security agents.

“They subjected us to all this but we remain confident and strong. Our heads have been bloodied but they are not bowed. There will be a day of reckoning for this great evil that has been visited upon our people and that day will soon come. Whatever they do or say we know that God is with us and He will never forsake us.

“In the end justice shall be done and the victory shall be ours. Buhari, Tinubu, Oshiomole, Aregbesola and their APC are playing with fire and that fire will soon consumme them.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/apc-vs-pdp-fani-kayode-blows-hot.html

34 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Osun Rerun: Police, INEC Speak On Vote-buying by 10Ebisco: 2:15pm On Sep 27, 2018
Bello Ahmed, the Ekiti State Commissioner of Police in charge of the Osun governorship re-run election in Olede in Ife South Local Government, has said that security agents were monitoring the issue of vote-buying.

Ahmed, while speaking with newsmen at Adereti polling Unit 12, ward 7 in Olode on Thursday, said that anyone caught buying votes would be arrested.

He, however, said that the election had been peaceful, adding that voters were behaving maturely.

”We are law-abiding and we obey the rule of law but anyone who perpetrates crime will be arrested.

“But so far, so good; the election is going on smoothly,” Ahmed said.

Also speaking, Mr Stephen Ojewande, Deputy Director of Voter Education and Publicity, INEC, said nobody was allowed to come to the polling unit with smartphones.

Ojewande said people with smartphones were restricted 300 metres away from the polling units.

“We ensure that nobody comes to the polling unit with smartphones.

“We also ensure that people with smartphones are chased 300 metres away from the polling unit,” he said.

Ojewande also said that voting would end by 2 p.m., adding that the last person on the queue would be attended to.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/osun-rerun-police-inec-speak-on-vote.html

Celebrities / ‘you Are Mad’ – Davido Tells Fan Who Advised Him On How To Support His Uncle’s P by 10Ebisco: 8:15pm On Sep 26, 2018
DMW Boss, Davido has been on the positive mode as he shows support for his uncle Sen. Adeleke in the Osun elections and so many. Nigerians are loving it.

After recieving some kudos from top celebrities and friends for his efforts, the singer was approached by a troll on twitter who tried to warn him to back off from supporting his uncle to avoid being mocked and ridiculed by Nigerians if the results prove negative.

Well Davido has replied the troll in an angry way.

Read exchange below;

Meanwhile, the singer has appealed to the citizens of Osun state not to be sugarcoated by the “blatant promises” of the opposition party.

“Out should be noted that Osun state is not an annex of Lagos, but state of its own and such all sort of political suzerainty should be expunged and decimated. Don’t be sugarcoated by their blatant promises. As you cast your votes tomorrow for the rerun, vote PDP. We solidarise with you. OBO,” he said.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/you-are-mad-davido-tells-fan-who.html

Politics / Osun Rerun: APC Reacts To Pdp’s Threat To Proceed To Court by 10Ebisco: 5:38pm On Sep 25, 2018
The APC Campaign Council for the Osun Governorship Election has told the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to boycott the rerun of the governorship election if it was not comfortable with the decision of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.

The Council said this while advising its members in the areas where the state’s election rerun will be held on Thursday to ignore the rantings of the opposition and turn out en masse to vote for the ruling party.

Reacting to the threat by the PDP to drag INEC to court, APC said the opposition party, after failing to win Saturday’s election at all cost, was shopping for an illegal shortcut to victory by threatening a court action over an issue that has been settled by the Supreme Court.

In a statement in Abuja by the Chairman of the Council’s Media Committee, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the Council said the threat by the PDP to challenge, in court, INEC’s declaration of last Saturday’s election as inconclusive was nothing but sheer bravado, especially as the opposition party is afraid of losing the rerun.

It said the PDP may also have contrived the court ‘sthreat as a way of distracting the APC and its members ahead of the rerun, saying that the distraction strategy was dead on arrival.

”The PDP knows that the so-called court challenge which it has threatened to mount will not fly, especially because the highest court in the land has already pronounced on the issue of whether or not INEC has the powers to declare an election inconclusive,” the statement continued.

”The PDP is not unaware of the pronouncement of the Supreme Court in the case of James Abiodun Faleke Vs INEC and others, that INEC has the duty of conducting elections and that, besides the constitutional provisions, it is guided by the Electoral Act 2010 (as amended) and
the Election Guidelines and Manual issued for its officials in accordance with the Act,” the Council said.

The APC Council said that since the PDP had boasted that its candidate will win if the Osun Governorship Election is conducted over and over again, the party should stop being jittery and put its money where its mouth is by willingly participating in the rerun.

It said, however, that if the PDP chooses to boycott Thursday’s rerun out of fear, the party’s right to do so will be respected.

”The PDP, after its failed mission to win Saturday’s election at all cost, is shopping for an illegal shortcut to victory by threatening a court action over an issue that has been settled. It’s a sheer waste of time. Let the PDP drop its pretension and get ready to be defeated in Thursday’s rerun. Alternatively, it can withdraw to save face.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/osun-rerun-apc-reacts-to-pdps-threat-to.html

Politics / Osun Rerun: We Will Resist Any Form Of Conspiracy Against Adeleke – Kwankwaso Wa by 10Ebisco: 9:45am On Sep 25, 2018
The lawmaker representing Kano Central Senatorial District and presidential aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic, PDP, Senator Rabi’u Kwankwaso, has called on the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to be fair in the conduct of the Thursday’s rerun election in Osun State.

The presidential aspirant warned that any form of conspiracy against Senator Ademola Adeleke of the PDP would be resisted.

Kwankwaso in a statement by his Media Aide, Binta Spikin said, “It is important that we stay strong and stand by Senator Adeleke and our great party, PDP, on Thursday.

“Let me also make this clear that we will resist any form of conspiracy against our candidate.

“I am calling on INEC to be just, fair and transparent.”

Recall that INEC declared Osun election inconclusive after difference between the two leading parties, the PDP and the All Progressives Congress, was lower than the number of the votes cancelled.

Adeleke of PDP from the collation of all the results from the 30 council areas of the state, had 254,698 while the candidate of APC, Gboyega Oyetola, polled 254,345.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/osun-rerun-we-will-resist-any-form-of.html

21 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 18 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.