Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,682 members, 7,962,196 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 05:45 AM

Nigerians Christians And Their Nonsensical Ways... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerians Christians And Their Nonsensical Ways... (738 Views)

Why Do Muslims Post Lengthy Stupid Nonsensical Posts / Simple Problem Why Belief In Hell And Souls Is Not Only Wrong But Nonsensical / Christians And Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Christians And Their Nonsensical Ways... by iotama22: 7:02am On Nov 17, 2012
Well many people have drawn their condemning conclusion that I belong to the Anti-Christ Movement. That is okay by me, as their opinion does not change the fact that stares at us all.

The fact remains that many of your pastors and churches and imams and mosques are thieves! They give their blessings to those who loot our common wealth, accepting expensive gifts from them always.

I say this without the fear of being condemned further by anyone.

Let me talk further to the Christian family where I was born... I will not stop emphasising the fact that many of your leaders are thieves and they brainwash you all the time. You can say whatever you want to say to me, I care less as long as I am telling the truth.

Sincerely, I am constrained to have a re-evaluation of the values you hold as Christians and as citizens of this country. Are you all saying it is okay to steal this country's money and give to some people called men of God by you Come off your bias-infested thoughts and free up minds.

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ” said Mahatma Gandhi having closely watched your hypocritical ways. I like Gandhi's observation because it's very true, it finds wide expression in Nigeria!

Some have warned that I am neglecting the assembly of the brethren, and this is what I have to say to their warning... Assembly of the 'brethren' offers me no good benefits. The church has become a place to share testimonies of how people made millions/billions, even when those who wallow in abject poverty are sitting next to millionaires/billionaires in the church.

The church has become a place to show how much you are worth, even when your neighbour is worthless and down financially and cannot afford a meal at all.

The church has become a place where I am distracted from having true fellowship with God.

So, what do I stand to gain from the church if it brings me down more than when I am alone behind closed doors at the corners of my room?

If it is all about making heaven, no problem. Let's all wait till we get there. I will have myself to blame before God if I have done wrong here on earth. After all, none of us has been to heaven and returned to the earth before.

When I was child, they told me who God was in the Church. Talking to many Christians around, I was led to believe that only priests and prophets can commune directly with God. On the contrary, I grew up only to discover God myself. I found that He's not Who many say He is!

Communion with God in the Nigerian context is when you have money, jets, mansions and use expensive things, all of which Christ says make heaven difficult for the rich. God is not whom many people think He is. I have rediscovered Him, and I do not need any religion or pastor to lead me to Him.

Each time my children ask me who God is, I tell them they will know who He is when they grow up. They only need to listen more carefully to His voice and they will hear Him speak audibly to them. I can only guide them in life, I cannot brainwash them the same way our generation was and is brainwashed by religion.

Each man has got to discover God by himself. I love to say this a lot, "When I was born, I knew nothing. As I was growing, I knew mostly what they told me were right or wrong. When I became grown up, I discovered things myself."

The word of God lies there in your heart, not in any book. The book only serves to guide you. These are the Biblical references to my claim: Jeremiah 31:33 and Hebrews 8:10:

"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel

after those days, declares the Lord:
I will put my laws into their minds,

and write them on their hearts,
and I will be their God,

and they shall be my people."

There are many people who will make heaven without having to read the book you call the word of God! How do you explain that, ugh? This is stated clearly in the book of Romans 2:14-16:

14 "For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law." 15 They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them 16 on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.

It took me unrelenting quest for Godly knowledge to find the truth after I had gone through many years of indoctrination and brainwash under religion.

The Nigerian Christian's problem essentially is that of poor interpretation of the Bible. Many would quote their pastors rather than the book they call the word of God. And even when they quote the book, they quote it out of context most times.

My Point: Whether you read the Bible or not does not concern God. I know that there are many who cannot read or write, yet they will not miss heaven. It does not matter whether they get a preacher or not. God has already devised a means to heaven for them.

The Bible is not God's standard. God has put His standard in our hearts, and that is our conscience! It judges us even before God Himself. I call it God's CCTV Camera in the hearts of men. It sees and judges everything we do.

I have stated my mind without any fear of facing further condemnation by bias Christians or any other religious group of people.

Renowned American novelist Charlotte Brontë in the Jane Eyre says “If all the world hated you and believed you wicked, while your own conscience approved of you and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without friends.” You can remain my friend and you can unfriend me after reading this; it's all okay by me.

God bless Nigeria!

Olusegun Iselaiye

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Christians And Their Nonsensical Ways... by manmustwac(m): 7:55am On Nov 17, 2012
Yes Nigeria is drowning in religion. I remember seeing a picture of the present delta state governor Uduaguan & ex Nigerian President Obasanjo with pastor chris oyakilome at his birthday party. I wonder how much they bribed him with just to bless them and forgive them of their sins. undecided

(1) (Reply)

When Will Nigerians Stop Following Pastors BLINDLY? / Pastor Is An Underworld Member / Bible Facts About Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.