Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,098 members, 7,960,514 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 11:38 PM

Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah (25224 Views)

5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets / Private Jets: CAN Slams Kukah, Bakare / Wealthy Nigerians, Pastors Waste $225 Million On Private Jets-- Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by lumeneng22: 1:45pm On Nov 18, 2012
The children of God deserve the best and not occultist.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by BrutusOj(m): 1:47pm On Nov 18, 2012
stagger: Matthew Hassan Kukah is a poor man. That he cannot do wht his fellow men of God are doing doesn't mean her should start criticizing them. All Kukah does is serve in government panels and collect brown envelopes. How can he ever have money to buy private jet serving as a government stooge?

When last did Matthew Kukah pray for a sick person and he got well? He should go and sit down jor! Nonsense!
craps from anoda kid

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Pakavy(m): 1:54pm On Nov 18, 2012
martyns303: What is embarassing about owning a private jet? Give this same MOG 4 months and offer him a jet and see if he'll refuse it.
i weep 4 u
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by hurricaneChris: 1:56pm On Nov 18, 2012
Thank God my family and I ar not fans of their daily (prosperity) preaching.

These Pastors ar simply d product of d Nigerian factor....''money answereth all things''

this shit can never happen in d catholic church. What will d priest use d jet for? The catholic chuurch that will never pay ransom to kidnappers who kidnap Rev. Fathers let alone buying private jets.

Benedictus Domine tibi mater ecclesae==>Blessings of the Lord b with d mother of d church...
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Pakavy(m): 1:57pm On Nov 18, 2012
stagger: Matthew Hassan Kukah is a poor man. That he cannot do wht his fellow men of God are doing doesn't mean her should start criticizing them. All Kukah does is serve in government panels and collect brown envelopes. How can he ever have money to buy private jet serving as a government stooge?

When last did Matthew Kukah pray for a sick person and he got well? He should go and sit down jor! Nonsense!
did u miss ur shrink's dosage?
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by infolekan(m): 1:59pm On Nov 18, 2012
kokoA: undecided If christianity is all about wealth as Nigerian pastors are making us believe now then I wonder why our saviour Jesus christ came to the world as a son of a common carpenter and not King Herod's son undecided . We are all entitled to our opinions, so am with Bishop Kukah on this big time.

Christ came to reddem us from the law itself. A son will always aspire to be greater than his father & that's is always the fathers wish.
I'm always wondering the reason why the MOG are always being targeted when the people stealing ur money are there in govt year in year out & we don't open up threads condemning them.
The Pastors have never collected money from anyone with a gun & the people paying the tithes aren't complaing.
Its the jobless that don't even pay that are complaining about money that they never even contributed in the first place quoting bible passages that they will never read to understand & translationg spiritual words literarily & supplying unsolicited ideas on how money that they dint earn should be spent.
If u feel ur Pastor is using ur money to buy jets....stop paying ur tithe then. Doubt if anyone will notice it.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ypzilanti: 2:00pm On Nov 18, 2012
Rather than becoming a role model for the society, the new age church has become a mirror of the depraved society.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by sarutobie(m): 2:05pm On Nov 18, 2012
infolekan:

Christ came to reddem us from the law itself. A son will always aspire to be greater than his father & that's is always the fathers wish.
I'm always wondering the reason why the MOG are always being targeted when the people stealing ur money are there in govt year in year out & we don't open up threads condemning them.
The Pastors have never collected money from anyone with a gun & the people paying the tithes aren't complaing.
Its the jobless that don't even pay that are complaining about money that they never even contributed in the first place quoting bible passages that they will never read to understand & translationg spiritual words literarily & supplying unsolicited ideas on how money that they dint earn should be spent.
If u feel ur Pastor is using ur money to buy jets....stop paying ur tithe then. Doubt if anyone will notice it.
My brother you just spoke the unadulterated truth..the people screaming tithes don't even tithe in the first place..most of them don't even come to the gathering of brethens(the church)..yet na them scream pass..funny people they are..
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ypzilanti: 2:07pm On Nov 18, 2012
infolekan:

Ha ha ha ha. Typical slick pastor talk. Which Bible are you quoting from?

So Peter, Paul, and the disciples went and bought huge horses and carriages and lived like kings upon the resurrection of the Lord?

What of the early church? Why did they not aspire to the flamboyance that you claim is God's plan for his leaders?

Suddenly in the 1990s, a new revelation about prosperity was birthed, coincidentally about the same time that yahoo-yahoo and corruption was being entrenched in our society? Open your eyes, my friend. The decay in the society is being mirrored by the church. They are following, not leading.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Jerie(m): 2:07pm On Nov 18, 2012
infolekan:

Have you ever heard of duress and undue influence? Of what difference is the pastor threatening his clients with hellfire from the herbalist who threatens his customers with death? How many of them collect offerings for orphans in the north whose parents were killed by bombs? I than God that people are beginning to look unto Jesus and not pastors. Pastors wey their heaven no sure sef...
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by misterhillz(m): 2:08pm On Nov 18, 2012
kITA TITA: I'm really concerned about the source of the funds used by these pastors to acquire jets. They are not known to own blue chip companies, quoted on the floor of any stock exchange. If it is the money contributed by poor members, who are promised the reward of heaven, or threatened with the punishment of hellfire; then that is criminal. But I think that the biggest damage that these pastors have done to their members is the assault on their brains. There are Masters degree holders who would go to their pastors for an advice on when to sleep and relate with their wives and when to invest in any business or take a decision on anything. Why surrender your entire being to the so called man of God. Are you man of devil?
i really don't understand you people o..what do you mean by POOR MEMBERS?? there are so many members of churches that have been blessed and they give back to their church.it does not affect them in anyway.you should stop tagging all church members as POOR. if God uses someone to bless you,it's not bad if u show appreciation with a gift or something and that is exactly what church members do by giving back to their churches..una go just dey talk anyhow..
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by jydinstrydin: 2:12pm On Nov 18, 2012
totally on point, i must say. in a country where majority live below the poverty line, i dont think its embarassing that our religious leaders are buying private jets. . . . . . .ITS OUTRIGHTLY OUTRAGEOUS.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by misterhillz(m): 2:13pm On Nov 18, 2012
hurricaneChris: Thank God my family and I ar not fans of their daily (prosperity) preaching.

These Pastors ar simply d product of d Nigerian factor....''money answereth all things''

this shit can never happen in d catholic church. What will d priest use d jet for? The catholic chuurch that will never pay ransom to kidnappers who kidnap Rev. Fathers let alone buying private jets.

Benedictus Domine tibi mater ecclesae==>Blessings of the Lord b with d mother of d church...
abeg shut up joor..abi na una rev fathers loot money pass.because say dem go dey form holier than thou..wat happens to all d donations,harvest money in catholic churches..were the money dey go?
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by vandarsar(m): 2:13pm On Nov 18, 2012
Tell me how much a private jet cost pls. I really dont wanna google it.

ujchief: Few years back, Pastor Bimbo Odukoya 'of single and married' lost her precious life on the sosoliso plane crash.
Another pastor (name forgoten) lost his life on the Dana plane crash.
It seems u guys are more interested in seeing people die daily on ur ill-managed and non-regulated airplanes than seeing men of God prosper beyond ur myopic imagination. If not for the poor state of the nation, how much does a private jet cost?
I would have been enjoying pastor bimbo's programs till date if she had her own jet to fly her around.
Ride on pastors, u guys give me hope and help re-affirm my faith that the word of God really works!
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by oses4u(m): 2:15pm On Nov 18, 2012
Let's correct this devilish act in churches. Every Pastor now aspire to be rich anyway anyhow as far as their names are heard of radios, tv. They don't Pastor for the course of God but for their immediate gains. For instance if offerings, tithes and monetary gains are removed from this profession, many Pastors will stop. Pls let the word of God be first in our heart not cars, houses, private jets.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Engineer96(m): 2:16pm On Nov 18, 2012
What is embarassing about owning a
private jet? Give this same MOG 4 months
and offer him a jet and see if he'll refuse
it.

Blind followers.
Religious fanatics.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by misterhillz(m): 2:19pm On Nov 18, 2012
Demdem:

Actually u are the one peddling lies. Just Google oyedepo jets and see his 4jets. 300churches outside and so what? Do they travel to these churches everday or those places have their resident pastors? Besides if they even travel everyday, what's wrong with international airlines and not Dana u foolishly qouted. At worst go on first class or better still hire a jet since it isn't an every day thing. Above all, do they have more churches or parishes than either the catholic or even anglican? Etc. How many private jets does the pope has?

About redeemed, don't know where u are getting at? My point still remains. The amount used to purchase, maintain, run and facilitates these jets in millions of dollars yearly is sufficient to subsiize the school fees of these expensive schools that have been set up that the vast majority of their members can't even afford.
abeg shtu up..u go build school na.if e easy wella..una go just dey form quoting and na una yansh smell pass.pastor adeboye,oyedepo and pastor ayo.they have seen it all in life and God has blessed their members.have u not been to the Redemption Camp? try go there make u see things for urself.u think say na one day dem take build ROME abi
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by thelastPope(m): 2:20pm On Nov 18, 2012
infolekan:

You have spoken like a true heathen. Not a single show of Christian character in your post. No humility, no decency, no piety. You are very far from God. Repent!
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 18, 2012
NOTHING WE NO GO HEAR!! Loool!!!
JET,,,, MATERIALISM?? How? They should stop using Microphones too nah! Bishop Oyedepo is soon getting another Jet... whoever is angry knows where to go... inside RIVER NIGER! Dangote has jet... its not corruption, its a MAN OF GOD NOW.. THEN ITS CORRUPTION. DO THEY THINK GOD IS POOR? HAVE THEY SEEN THE STUFF HEAVEN IS MADE OFF Everyone is entitled to their own opinion sha...whistling to HOW RICH GOD IS...
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by aurenflani: 2:24pm On Nov 18, 2012
teeo: There is no substance in Kukahs statement, churchs today are blessed because the bible contains secrets to living a life of affluence here on earth and after life in heaven.
Why is it that people always want to assume that the church is poor. The church and its members are not poor. God keeps blessing his people.
Poverty is a state of life also wealth is another state. Those of us who pay our tithe are blessed and can also be a blessing.
If the money used to buy the jet is not your fathers own then shut up.

You are a habitual thief
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ask4double(m): 2:27pm On Nov 18, 2012
ujchief: Few years back, Pastor Bimbo Odukoya 'of single and married' lost her precious life on the sosoliso plane crash.
Another pastor (name forgoten) lost his life on the Dana plane crash.
It seems u guys are more interested in seeing people die daily on ur ill-managed and non-regulated airplanes than seeing men of God prosper beyond ur myopic imagination. If not for the poor state of the nation, how much does a private jet cost?
I would have been enjoying pastor bimbo's programs till date if she had her own jet to fly her around.
Ride on pastors, u guys give me hope and help re-affirm my faith that the word of God really works!
Exactly what the bishop is saying, why are the pastors not criticizing bad gorvanace, they rather show little or no interest in the. Way the nation is been governed, just because they have members the contribute weekly to their already existing flourishing accounts in the bank.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by misterhillz(m): 2:27pm On Nov 18, 2012
aurenflani:

You are a habitual thief
you shut up..i know u'r poverty ridden that's why u think everyone is like u..abi ur papa and mama poor? dem no dey go church?

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 18, 2012
hurricaneChris: Thank God my family and I ar not fans of their daily (prosperity) preaching.

You don't believe in PROSPERITY MESSAGE? wait oh... You dont believe God makes people rich when they give... THAT IS THE MESSAGE!!! If you say yes! Then I will guess, you are not rich... THESE PEOPLE CAN SOMETIMES BE SO FUNNY... PRETENDERS!! They hustle for money everyday and yet they don't believe in having it in EXCESS!!! Take a seat...

1 Like

Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by sarutobie(m): 2:28pm On Nov 18, 2012
aurenflani:

You are a habitual thief
Your understanding of the ways of God(if you have any) is meagre,you can't decipher what he said..
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by aurenflani: 2:32pm On Nov 18, 2012
Does christianism teaches her adherents that they will be question over their affairs on earth? I asked a lady why we are created and all she could say was enjoyment. Clearly a compressed word with so many pointers.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 18, 2012
slap1: I pity the members of these churches. When they are hungry, the pastors will tell them to fast and pray for God's grace, instead of helping them. Members are suffering, pastors are flexing.

Stop fooling yourself... Has anyone come to your ONE ROOM to complain to you before Y don't u say patients are suffering, doctors are flexing! IGNORANT PEOPLE NEEDS BE IGNORED!!!
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by honeric01(m): 2:32pm On Nov 18, 2012
dabrake:
if, as a christian, you find lots of fault in Bishop Kukah's message, then I believe you deserved to be caned ruthlessly by a naval personnel.

I think the shariah police can do better in this aspect grin
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by aurenflani: 2:34pm On Nov 18, 2012
sarutobie:
Your understanding of the ways of God(if you have any) is meagre,you can't decipher what he said..

So now you are claiming some special gift that has enabled you to discern better than me. Right?
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Lovine: 2:37pm On Nov 18, 2012
All those Pastors that parade with jetsssss are fake. What use are the jets? Hope they would pay tax on them? Jesus fed the sheep but in our congregations the sheep feed the Shepherds. Money of these jets can send so many orphans and poor to Universities and give them hope for the future. God will judge them.
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by haibe(m): 2:37pm On Nov 18, 2012
emusmith: NOTHING WE NO GO HEAR!! Loool!!!
JET,,,, MATERIALISM?? How? They should stop using Microphones too nah! Bishop Oyedepo is soon getting another Jet... whoever is angry knows where to go... inside RIVER NIGER! Dangote has jet... its not corruption, its a MAN OF GOD NOW.. THEN ITS CORRUPTION. DO THEY THINK GOD IS POOR? HAVE THEY SEEN THE STUFF HEAVEN IS MADE OFF Everyone is entitled to their own opinion sha...whistling to HOW RICH GOD IS...

Everyone knows dangote is one of the greatest business man to live and am sure he is not having more than one jet, but what of oyedepo? Who do you know him as? A businessman? What business gives him profit to the extent of buying 4 jets
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 18, 2012
aurenflani:

You are a habitual thief
Habitual thief?? How?? He stole from your #1,230 in your account or for saying the truth. Really, if you reply my message with that same English, I will send you to Switzerland and fill your account...hmm! Then I no go force you to even repent, You accept Jesus in to your Body, soul and spirit. Be real Nigerians. Stop exposing your illiteracy...
Re: Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah by ezekielenejeta(f): 2:40pm On Nov 18, 2012
here is my opinion..........,,,,, weda u support Kukas opinion or not all of u guyz are on same page! But y is der too much confusion wit christendom? God is not a God of confusion, He is a God of ORDER. Jesus said dat it is easier 4 a camel 2 go tru d eye of a needle dan 4 a rich man 2 get into d kingdom of God! D bible also made it clear dat pursueing materialism is all VANITY! nw bringing u guyz on one page nw, d only right religion around is d JEHOVAH WITNESSES! I knw u guyz will impale me but dat is xpected. Weda u disagree on dis topic, wen d commom enemy is around u all put aside ur difrnces. Christianity is abt separation frm d world, be neutral in world affairs, put kingdom intrest 1st, preach d goodnews of d kingdom,.................atleast dis is wat JWs stand on. But look on d oda sides d reverse is d case! Jesus said d world will hate u on d account of u following ME,........ If dey do, knw dat dey hate me 1st! D world will definitely love its own, dats y u cant separate CAN/PFN.... Frm d government......dey get money, jets, popularity frm dem, name it. In return d so called men of god gives dem endorsement as if dey ar been led by God! Now here is God s warning: get out of babylon d gr8, dat LovePeddler dat commits fornication wit d kings of d earth if u dnt wnt 2 share wit her in her sins! Who has heed 2 dat warning? Very few! U can be here argueing weda private jets 4 MOG is embarassing or not, as long as u remain wit dem God s judgement will nt spare U because u av refused 2 COME OUT of THERE!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

40 Words Of Wisdom From The Bible!!! / Modele Fatoyinbo, Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo's Wife Celebrates Her Birthday / What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.