Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,236 members, 7,936,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 11:57 PM

The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? (10259 Views)

What's It That Your Parents Taught You That You Will Not Teach Your Children? / 9 Important Lessons A Father Should Teach His Daughter / What Has Marriage Taught You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 12, 2012
Desoda: From my dad i learnt not to be a womanizer. I'll never forget when my mother shouted at me saying "see as you just chuckin money for pocket like say na human being. Na money dem take dey find money o!". She also said "its much more easier for a friend to bring you down than for an enemy to bring you down"

Damn right!
Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by ladeski: 1:25pm On Dec 12, 2012
I was taught never to acccept average as the norm and to strive for the best in all endeavours. I was taught to respect elders as well as youngsters. Most importantly I was taught about God.

1 Like

Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by kalufelix(m): 1:57pm On Dec 12, 2012
ah was taught so many things by the two of them....but ah nva learned
Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by anintia(m): 2:11pm On Dec 12, 2012
they taught me how to scream and now its time to use it in making some money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh4pyeGDKbI
Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by AdeniyiA(m): 2:12pm On Dec 12, 2012
words and lifestyle, she taught me never to look down on anybody -there's smtin gud in bad person,be considerate,find joy in helping the needy,be humble etc n above all, FEAR GOD!
didn't take her serious then but now,asides reaping from what she's sown,i've learnt a lot from her magnanimity-it pays

1 Like

Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by moyo87(m): 2:20pm On Dec 12, 2012
anintia: they taught me how to scream and now its time to use it in making some money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh4pyeGDKbI
is this competition for real? cos i am really interested
Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by henryboff(m): 2:25pm On Dec 12, 2012
My papa teach me say no borrow person money wey you no go fit lose. Also the easiest way to get rid of a "friend" wey you no need na to borrow am money. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 12, 2012
I grew up doin EVERYTHING they asked me to do and things went so wrong. They had such good hearts ..just too good to be real

1 Like

Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 12, 2012
THOU SHALL NOT STEAL [color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by dhrey: 2:54pm On Dec 12, 2012
Ma mum taught me to b truthful,where am meant to say yes never to use d word No. Ma dad taught me never to trust anybody and fight 4 d top.

1 Like

Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by dhrey: 2:57pm On Dec 12, 2012
preshuzpearl: I grew up doin EVERYTHING they asked me to do and things went so wrong. They had such good hearts ..just too good to be real
keep doin the good thing,u wil surely ripe it.
Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by dhrey: 2:58pm On Dec 12, 2012
preshuzpearl: I grew up doin EVERYTHING they asked me to do and things went so wrong. They had such good hearts ..just too good to be real
keep doin the good thing,u wil surely get d reward.

1 Like

Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 12, 2012
MUM TAUGHT ME NEVER TO COLLECT MONEY FROM WOMEN BUT GIVE COS ITS MY DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITY AND THAT GIVERS NEVER LACKS SO I SHOULD GIVE OUT TO THE NEEDIES AMONG FAMILY AND FRIENDS

2 Likes

Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by ocelot2006(m): 4:00pm On Dec 12, 2012
DAD:
1)PLAN PLAN PLAN!!!
2)Hardwork does not kill.
3)Do not procastinate. DELAY IS DANGEROUS!!!

1 Like

Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by Adwexky(m): 4:12pm On Dec 12, 2012
[color=#000099][/color] Father taught me to always be a good boy and to always use other people mistake to learn, most especially between him and mum.

Mummy taught me to be successful in life and be a good boy wherever I am.

1 Like

Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by mzhoney: 4:50pm On Dec 12, 2012
Never depend on any 1

1 Like

Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by fresh1058(f): 8:52pm On Dec 12, 2012
Dad taught me to do to odas as i wil have odas do to me n MUM taught me to always live my life as dou every day smiley is my last on earth

1 Like

Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by mastersr95(m): 9:02pm On Dec 12, 2012
Too bad my mum and dad didnot teach me anything..dad was never there and mum always work so we only see eachother at night when she's proper tired from work plus i never really have any good conversation with my mum except ''take and go to school and do this, do that'' but i manage to learn some stuffs with the way they live there lives

Dad(negative): No food for lazy man! The best way to find poverty is to be hardworking. Don't have kids if you not ready to carter for them, these are the things that comes to my mind whenever i think about him thats why i wanna be the dad i never have

Mum(positive): Strongest woman have ever known, i learnt how to be strong from her...she made me believe ''if you have faith'' theres always light at the end of the tunnel

1 Like

Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by kinguwem: 9:38pm On Dec 12, 2012
Hard work, resourcefulness, humility & honesty.

1 Like

Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by youngboss1(m): 9:45pm On Dec 12, 2012
phyl123: From both parents i learnt that "a good name and reputation is better than riches"
Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by Lordswillsmith(m): 2:13am On Dec 13, 2012
to be focus, ambition, never hot people feeling, strong in everyways.

1 Like

Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by sucezTP(f): 10:22am On Dec 13, 2012
They both taught me to put God first, in whatever i do.
They taught me never to expect too much but, endeavour to make good use of the little resources i have, and be contented.
They also taught me that, life is so simple, good and beautiful but could be short! so, make hay while the sun shines.

1 Like

Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by sucezTP(f): 10:23am On Dec 13, 2012
They both taught me to put God first, in whatever i do.
They taught me never to expect too much but, endeavour to make good use of the little resources i have, and be contented.
They also taught me that, life is so simple, good and beautiful but could be short! so, make hay while the sun shines.
Lest i forget! They taught me to be faithful as well.

1 Like

Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by startiri(m): 10:52am On Dec 13, 2012
My SWEETMUM and DAD taught me alot, but d 1 i want to share in conclusion is dat; they taught me to b BOLD,WISE,HUMBLE and never let anyone INTIMEDATE me despise my respect to them...

1 Like

Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by AdeniyiA(m): 1:21pm On Dec 13, 2012
taught to always be bold as lion and to take the bull by the horn

1 Like

Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by hopeuba(f): 2:27pm On Dec 14, 2012
my parent taught me to always trust in God, never degrade anybody. n not to depend on anyone

1 Like

Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 21, 2013
They taught me nothing...just caused me pure pain and misery....

I learnt how to cook from the church.
I learnt good hygiene from the school.
Infaact everythiing I learnt was from outside my house(it's not a home).

All in all, I thank GOD for my life today...
Re: The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? by juman(m): 10:10am On Aug 21, 2013
God is God.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wrong decision / . / Confirmed! My Neighbour Is Shagging Her Houseboy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.