Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,243 members, 7,936,810 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:32 AM

Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) (5736 Views)

Seven Cabinet Members To Watch In Buhari's Team - BBC / List Of Jonathan's Cabinet Members And Their Latest International Appointments / Cabinet Members Who Failed Jonathan - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by NegroNtns(m): 4:40pm On Nov 27, 2012
gulfer: Ajimobi should answer this question; can the cabinet members speak very good english at this point for him to require they learn french again.

....Well, there are three lingua franca (lol, talk of speaking french) in Africa

1. Arabic
2. English
3. French

Beside these three you have small pockets of indigenous languages like Fulani, Hausa and Swahili, where if you travel the beltway the fluency of the tongue is consistent. Yoruba culture and dialects are unbroken in the land across four countries, that's from West banks of the Niger to the East banks of the Volta. So practically Yoruba could be a lingua franca in the region. The governor and whoever his advisers are missed this window when he declared he wanted to foster better relationship with neighboring "french speaking" countries. The french speaking people across the border from him are Yoruba first.

Beside, we know that. Anglo Africans don't speak English just for communicating, no....we compete on who is most stylish in English manners and etiquettes, and thus polished, will earn a guest chair at the Englishman's dinner table for "tea and biscuit".

The Franco Africans have the same competition and aspiration to be the best "Franconized" African as their "Anglocized" brothers and sisters.

These people will not learn french to better relationship, they will torment their constituencies with french verbages and cuisines. ....if you order amala at restaurant you will display your illiteracy. What is amala.....It is "am a la carte"! .....and your ignorant a*ss better not be asking for panla. The menu has changed chum, we now call it "pan a la bonbon".

shhyytt, french ko, pashtun ni......stupid politicians!
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by juman(m): 4:43pm On Nov 27, 2012
Empty talk.
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by Afam4eva(m): 5:06pm On Nov 27, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

Shut your mouth, it is indefensible, mumu!
Aren't we supposed to be on the same page here?
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by NegroNtns(m): 5:09pm On Nov 27, 2012
What has acn got to do wigh this shameful declarations, whether it is chinese in lagos ot french in oyo?
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by NegroNtns(m): 5:17pm On Nov 27, 2012
ebere1712:
My brother dont bundle all black people together; talk about this specific black people.

...yeye monkey. angry

You see how Yoruba people begin jump on the guy and dismiss him. We love our leaders but we wont take insult from them. If this declaration were made in alaigbo, instead of reacting to the offending leader, "your specific type of black people" will start blaming Fashola and toll gate policy or beging open multi threads to harass Tinubu.
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by Afam4eva(m): 5:24pm On Nov 27, 2012
Negro_Ntns: What has acn got to do wigh this shameful declarations, whether it is chinese in lagos ot french in oyo?
It's like you don't know the power of politics. A political supporter can tell you that white is black.
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by NegroNtns(m): 5:43pm On Nov 27, 2012
afam4eva:
It's like you don't know the power of politics. A political supporter can tell you that white is black.

You are correct. Im waiting here for the identified acn supporter thats going to support this declaration.
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by ektbear: 5:48pm On Nov 27, 2012
Has Ajimobi been sniffing glue?
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 27, 2012
I am not convinced about the accuracy of this report.
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by giftbz(m): 5:59pm On Nov 27, 2012
[b][/b]when all these leadership-miss-road politicians find theirselves in leadership position, they start embarrassing theirselves with useless policies. How many foreign country made it compulsory for their cabinet members to speak yoruba? Abi na inferiority complex dey worry am?
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by corruptst(m): 6:16pm On Nov 27, 2012
amourpure: Although i don't support the idea of forcing the legislators to learn French its obvious it is going to be another waste of public funds. The idea of including the language in the curriculum of the secondary schools is applaudable. It will go a long way to help the students.

Didn't U̶̲̥̅̊ learn french in Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥Your pry or second sch and how has it contributed †̥ Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥Your life. Except of course if U̶̲̥̅̊ r a french teacher looking for job.
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by stonebridge: 6:34pm On Nov 27, 2012
MAY BE OYO STATES INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEE IS PLANNING TO INVADE FRANCE AND TAKE OVER THEIR GOVERNMENT.
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by kobenol(m): 6:35pm On Nov 27, 2012
Of course I and the many people on this platform believe this new French language policy for the executive cabinet is a bullsh1t move.
However let's remember the Governor is first of all a politician...and yeah all they usually ever do is talk and sometimes muse less actions.
Now French consular-general visits the governor (prolly for mutual benefits purpose or so) the Governer will just make the fellow smile (also a great opportunity with the press)....that's it about that...politicians, they TALK...

1 Like

Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by NovusHomo(m): 9:37pm On Nov 27, 2012
Ou la la, mon Dieu!. Cet encoule de gouverneur n'arret pas. Si ce n'est pas lui qui est accuse de detenir la citoyenete Americain, c'est l'epouse qui est en train de voler la tressorerie de l'Etat; ou bien c'est la fille qui est en train de ce faire baiser par tout les "big boys". Sango Olukoso, o d'owo re o. How did Oyo State descend so low to be governed by these faineants?
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by dayokanu(m): 12:20am On Nov 28, 2012
afam4eva: One can see why Africa will continue to be the way it is because we're suffering from inferiority complex and Nigeria is shoulder above others. This is the only country you'll be mandated for paying a fee for speaking your native language in school. The only country that you'll be looked down on for making a grammatical blunder in English. The only country where speaking English is a sign of being educated. The coming of the British have put our local language at the mercy of extinction yet our senseless leader are still telling us to learn Chinese and French. How many Chinese and French people are Nigerians going to meet in their lifetime compared to Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. Instead of encouraging our kids to learn other African language in other to help foster unity in the country, these slaves are busy bringing new foreign languages everytime. If this were China, these people would have been shot in the eeye for even suggesting it. But it's Nigeria where stup1dity goes.

Btw, i expect out ACN apologist to come and defend this action.

SHAME!!!

Says the man whose people call themselves Jews of Africa.

This same poster opened a Topic during the Olympics eulogizing the US national anthem

afam4eva: For some reason, whenever the Nigerian anthem is being played i just don't feel anything. But whenever the US anthem is being played, it moves me. I get close to tears at times. Mind you i've never been to the US in my life. Why don't i feel anything when the national anthem of Nigeria is being played? Even the South African anthem moves me.

https://www.nairaland.com/1019599/nigerian-anthem-vs-american-anthem

2 Likes

Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by tpia1: 2:59am On Nov 28, 2012
French, chinese, what next.

Ogun- italian

Osun- spain language

Ondo- greek or
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by tpia1: 3:02am On Nov 28, 2012
And who is learning german?

Our brethren towards the ss and easternly directions?
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by AdeniyiA(m): 3:17am On Nov 28, 2012
X-Boy:
Minion: My Lord! Oyo state wants to implement french as its second Language!
Hades: Fools! Mortals are foolish, you know! They have not fully understood the basic laws of english yet they want to take on the strange words of french. I leave their IQ to the demise
Minion: My King! Are you saying they are not smart enough?! undecided
who b dis?
Blackmosquito?
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by AdeniyiA(m): 3:24am On Nov 28, 2012
dumb policy,selling ourselves to another slave master,that's why our economy is not growing due to lack of local content,we prefer imported foods,cloths,ideas,culture,traditions to the detriment of our own.
btw,how will dis policy translate to improving the standard of living of the people?
there are just some policies that cannot see d light of d day,... behold one of them
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by ebere1712: 11:30am On Nov 28, 2012
Negro_Ntns:

...yeye monkey. angry

You see how Yoruba people begin jump on the guy and dismiss him. We love our leaders but we wont take insult from them. If this declaration were made in alaigbo, instead of reacting to the offending leader, "your specific type of black people" will start blaming Fashola and toll gate policy or beging open multi threads to harass Tinubu.
Mgbati m.adma.n. This is your own trait. Any Igbo with this trait has gotten infected with Nigeria. When your fathers where busy speaking english with their mgbati mouths; we were running things in our local lingua. Inventing everything from ogwu oria to ogbunigwe. You people are laboratory mon.keys for both the pinks and fulani slaves. DO you know what it means to be a slave to slaves!!!! That is what yous are, think hard and maybe you will realise that awolorat actually wasn't that stupid to have commited suicide.
Re: Cabinet Members Must Learn French Language - Gov. Ajimobi (oyo State) by ebere1712: 11:52am On Nov 28, 2012
stonebridge:
Give me an example of a group of black ethnicity who doesn't suffer from this inferiority jaundice?. African American males feel more superior when they marry women of other color as long as its not a variant of anything black. Almost all the African tribes substitute their culture with European/middle eastern or Asian cultures. Stop trying to blame Ajimobi and Oyo people alone because we are all in this shit together. All Ajimobi did is to extend the stupidity.
I challenge you to converse with 100 Nigerians and tell me how many of them will confidently tell you they'll not substitute their culture with oyibos. If we pick cultures from other African tribes and substitute ours, that will not be a problem for me. For eg: If Imo decides to introduce Ewe or Zulu language in their schools and vice versa.
As a matter of fact, Swahili is the most popular African language, why not introduce it in our schools?. If we must learn oyiboish language, may be we should adopt Africaans and not French for Pete's sake.

Me and my nation don't suffer from any of that shit you just spewed. Lagos is going to speak cantonese, osun egyptian, oyo japanese, ekiti french; men which one remain to speak Yoruba. When we finally get far away from you degenerate slaves; we would place aruru-ala edict on English too; so slaves can continue to practice their master's language.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Enugu State Governor, Sullivan Chime Dies In India? / EXCLUSIVE: Boko Haram Sacks Entire Nigerian Army Battalion, Confiscates All Arms / Politics Is NOT A Dirty Game!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.