Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,978 members, 7,936,151 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 05:23 AM

Help Find Solution To This Problem Concerning My Android Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help Find Solution To This Problem Concerning My Android Phone (623 Views)

Bluboo Xfire2: The First Ever Android Phone With 3 Sim Slots And Big Screen / How Do I Recover Saved Pages From My Android Opera Mini / Airtel BIS Now #1,000/month + Solution To Make Your #1,500 BBC Work On Pc/phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Find Solution To This Problem Concerning My Android Phone by Rexyl(m): 4:36pm On Dec 12, 2012
Hi, Friends the issue is about my android phone that consumes data so fast. What surprises me is that the same data I use for long on my Laptop, giving me appreciable information and downloads don't stay for that long on my Phone. I was surprised to see that the same data that would last for 1 to 2 hours on Laptop hardly sustained me for 15 to 20 mins with this Phone even doing lesser activity compared to Laptop. What needs to be done to check this unnecessary data consumption? And make this phone a portable and suitable choice for staying connected.
Re: Help Find Solution To This Problem Concerning My Android Phone by Rexyl(m): 10:09am On Dec 13, 2012
answers pls
Re: Help Find Solution To This Problem Concerning My Android Phone by Maleeq(m): 3:05pm On Dec 13, 2012
A lot of people I've come across have applications that are constantly polling the internet for information, even when you phone is idle (Twitter, Facebook clients, e.t.c).

Do you have any such applications running? Check "Settings -> Data Usage -> Mobile". Set a date range in the "Data Usage Cycle" and scoll to the bottom. It would list out applications that have been using your mobile internet. Look through this list for applications you don't need, and ensure you shut them down (exit) when you want to conserve data.

Hope this helps...its just the basics
Re: Help Find Solution To This Problem Concerning My Android Phone by opestein: 9:17am On Dec 14, 2012
hey,for root users,download avast antivirus at playstore.
after installing,updating and scanning all apps,u will see secure at the upper right corner of the app.
scroll down until u find firewall,den click it,den u will tick the box to enable firewall which will ask for root access,grant it.
then u can start ticking the app u want to block by ticking the 3g box,leave wifi and roaming box.
after blocking the ones u want to block,press back,then u will see avast security has been granted root access.exit app
thats app.
Re: Help Find Solution To This Problem Concerning My Android Phone by spenca: 10:23am On Dec 14, 2012
I subscribed to d bsm n i cnt use many apps like whats app mozilla n co am using a sgs2 n d original wap setting sent to mi frm airtel ,ma mail apps aint working also ,i cnt even log into NL with it ,keeps logging mi out ,any help with this

(1) (Reply)

What To Do??? Beach Water Entered My Phone / Your Experience With The Blackberry Z10 / 'World's fastest' 4G data launched

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.