Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,118 members, 7,936,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 02:11 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (3547) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11450428 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3544) (3545) (3546) (3547) (3548) (3549) (3550) ... (8092) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 5:30pm On May 13, 2018
aremso:

House, is meristem a good broker as I decided register to do online trading with them via meritrade
Very good and efficient
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 5:31pm On May 13, 2018
IchimokuPilot:

And this stock many times in the past held unto illiquidity trophy as if illiquidity is used in producing cement. grin

Size is important if you want to play illquid stocks .
You must also buy early at a very good price .
CCNN sold for less than N5 last year and it isn't ironic that the company commanded less attention then.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 5:44pm On May 13, 2018
Chibuking81:
Pls can someone recommend 5 stock to buy for this new week for profit making
And 5 stock to sell due to danger around. Also those that will witness profit taking.

After the January bull it has become two or at best three stocks per month as per bullish rally.

February was Japaul and Hallmark.

March was Glaxo and NEM

April was Skye Bank and Jaiz after a sustained downward journey, and Oando.

May is CCNN and probably Caverton.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samzepaparazi: 5:51pm On May 13, 2018
Deadlytruth:

After the January bull it has become two or at best three stocks per month as per bullish rally.

February was Japaul and Hallmark.

March was Glaxo and NEM

April was Skye Bank and Jaiz after a sustained downward journey, and Oando.

May is CCNN and probably Caverton.

Transcorp will give 10% to 15%. If you are an active trader
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 13, 2018
RabbiDoracle:

Your own monkey hunting strategy na with power ooo grin

If you like package bad wine in new bottle, the difference will be in the taste.

I don't doubt that MM will help prevent a slide in price, but let them continue. We shall keep waiting.

The one thing that is for sure here is that you are waiting to buy the BAD WINE and so are others who have also said the same.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 5:57pm On May 13, 2018
samzepaparazi:

Transcorp will give 10% to 15%. If you are an active trader

I am planning to fully exit TRANSCORP tomorrow and jump into Caverton massively. Transcorp seem difficult to predict as regards the intervals at which the 10-15℅ yield comes.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 13, 2018
Chibuking81:
Stock respond to news, whether good or bad.
Diamond bank result is very poor, it will affect their price tomorrow.

Really ? Cause I still remember what happened to Zenith but if you don’t let me refresh your memory, Zenith was flogged down to 26 even with its super result..

This market got a mind of its own. I’ve learnt to just fold hand look..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 6:03pm On May 13, 2018
Yayira:

Really ? Cause I still remember what happened to Zenith but if you don’t let me refresh your memory, Zenith was flogged down to 26 even with its super result..

This market got a mind of its own. I’ve learnt to just fold hand look..
That has been their style. Sometimes I bigging to wonder, what came to mind is usually that they want to maintain low PE by not allowing their price to rise grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 6:07pm On May 13, 2018
From Q3 to FY 2011 UBA had a brush with very bad results (N16 bn loss for FY 2011) quite similar to Diamond's current one, it's price plummeted to as low as N1.64 but within 2 week afterwards it had reached nearly the N2.5 which it crashed from in response to the announcement of the result.
I see jijoists cleaning out on Diamond within the next three weeks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 6:11pm On May 13, 2018
rationalmind:
When your portfolio is green, you can laugh anything off grin
I see . Tuale Sir grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 6:13pm On May 13, 2018
Deadlytruth:
From Q3 to FY 2011 UBA had a brush with very bad results (N16 bn loss for FY 2011) quite similar to Diamond's current one, it's price plummeted to as low as N1.64 but within 2 week afterwards it had reached nearly the N2.5 which it crashed from in response to the announcement of the result.
I see jijoist cleaning out on Diamond within the next three weeks

What was UBA's Q1 2012 like after they released FY2011? Diamond in this case followed up with an unimpressive Q1 after FY result.....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 6:14pm On May 13, 2018
More than 60% active member of this forum seem to have stake in Diamond bank, and if the 60% chose to ignore morgan, meritrade, CSL, etc, sell button tomorrow, the stock might enter full bid tomorrow.
shocked
But the way am seeing it, more than 59% are worming up waiting for market opening session and sell button. grin grin grin

While others are seriously hunting.

Between this week and next week JIJO expert will make money on Diamond bank.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 6:16pm On May 13, 2018
mendes911:

What was UBA's Q1 2012 like after they released FY2011? Diamond in this case followed up with an unimpressive Q1 after FY result.....

You have a point there though. But UBA began its reverse journey upwards few days before the announcement of Q1 2012 which was fair.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 6:21pm On May 13, 2018
Deadlytruth:

You have a point there though. But UBA began its reverse journey upwards few days before the announcement of Q1 2012 which was fair.
Can we say that Diamond bank 2018 result if Fair?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by elitestrategist: 6:21pm On May 13, 2018
[quote author=phemmie06 post=67529211]
Very good and efficient [/quote
Good and efficient is relative
They charged too much commission in comparison to Morgan capital dt also offer a better n superior service

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 6:24pm On May 13, 2018
Deadlytruth:

Exactly. Once I notice an unusual delay in a stock I'm in, I just jaaaaaa in Rabid Oracle's voice.

A good result is prestigious, and no company ordinarily delays releasing it.
True talk but what will you say about Conoil that releases result around June or August?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 6:27pm On May 13, 2018
The moment Diamond bank bottom out, I will jump in because I know that they will have good FY 2018 result. Even if it's not good, they will cook it. grin shocked Vetiva kilo #5 target here we come grin grin grin
Many will make money from Diamond bank, but I know that most of those who are heavy now will be affected, and because of finger burnt experience, the will not near the bank for sometime. shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 6:28pm On May 13, 2018
Chibuking81:

Can we say that Diamond bank 2018 result if Fair?
If Diamond's Q1 2018 (though yet to look it up) is not a loss, it may repeat the UBA history however tiny the PAT might be. I guess some local investors would just see it as an opportunity to buy it very cheap at its ebb if at all it crashes as badly as we hope.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 6:34pm On May 13, 2018
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 6:37pm On May 13, 2018
phemmie06:

True talk but what will you say about Conoil that releases result around June or August?

CONOIL's delay of results is a usual thing so it would make no difference when they delay. Note my use of "unusual delay" in that comment.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 6:39pm On May 13, 2018
phemmie06:

Expo, Conoil will touch above #40 between now and Angust, but know when to exit, either before the release their result or immediately they release.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 6:41pm On May 13, 2018
Chibuking81:
Transcorp and FCMB once taught me a lesson, those who will be tempted to sell at 1.8 or 1.7, without buying back at bottom level, will be regretting, when they will see it overtaking kilo #2, heading to #3.

If you might sell tomorrow, sell to enter at bottom level, because am seeing it competing with FCMB and Fidelity bank very soon at #2+.

Would you mind throwing more light on what gives you the conviction that Transcorp could break out beyond km to towards 3? Are you seeing a repeat of the Nov. 2013 journey from 1.79 to over N5 all in one rally?
I am all ears.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 6:58pm On May 13, 2018
Deadlytruth:

Would you mind throwing more light on what gives you the conviction that Transcorp could break out beyond km to towards 3? Are you seeing a repeat of the Nov. 2013 journey from 1.79 to over N5 all in one rally?
I am all ears.

He is referring to diamond!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 7:18pm On May 13, 2018
Tomorrow no go funny. Chai.
Ain't selling a unit sha.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 7:22pm On May 13, 2018
Deadlytruth:

I am all ears.
Am talking about Diamond
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 7:23pm On May 13, 2018
[quote author=elitestrategist post=67530542][/quote]
You're right but I haven't experienced some of the challenges most of Morgan clients have. Though their charges is 1.35 but most brokers charge same.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 7:25pm On May 13, 2018
Chibuking81:

Expo, Conoil will touch above #40 between now and Angust, but know when to exit, either before the release their result or immediately they release.
Their q3 result is not wonderful but lostderful if I am correct grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 7:26pm On May 13, 2018
Parisfran:

You missed out the big daddy: Nestle
I don't look at PE in isolation. What is the price to book and dividend yield? What is the gross profit margin and what is the ROA? Another important bit for me is, what position does it command in its industry.

After all said and done, if a bull comes to nse all good stocks will rise and during a bear era all will fall. Only outliers defy the will of the general market trend.

Pls keep the recommendations coming, I need to read more financial statements to catch stocks like ccnn early.

These three stock which of them will you go for short term, at least 3 months duration, and of what price?

1. Conoil
2 Flour Mill of Nigeria
3. Zenith Bank
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 7:27pm On May 13, 2018
Deadlytruth:

CONOIL's delay of results is a usual thing so it would make no difference when they delay. Note my use of "unusual delay" in that comment.
Noted chief! The AFS has always been their issue, cos the Q1 and Q2 are usually release the same period with audited result.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 7:29pm On May 13, 2018
phemmie06:

Their q3 result is not wonderful but lostderful if I am correct grin
Then oil price was relatively down around 50+/60 dollar per a barrel.
Crude oil price as of today is close to 80 https://oilprice.com/oil-price-charts/46
But I think, their q4 2017 and q1 2018 will make a lot of difference.
They are in both upstream and downstream oil business.
They also has a latest discovery this year
http://sweetcrudereports.com/2018/02/01/conoil-hits-oil-oml-103/

They have numerous oil block

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 7:41pm On May 13, 2018
Some stocks are not to be taken serious. Conoil falls into that category. Mike does not respect corporate governance
Chibuking81:

Then oil price was relatively down around 50+/60 dollar per a barrel.
Crude oil price as of today is close to 80 https://oilprice.com/oil-price-charts/46
But I think, their q4 2017 and q1 2018 will make a lot of difference.
They are in both upstream and downstream oil business.

They have numerous oil block

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 7:44pm On May 13, 2018
I just feel for those doing emotional investment in Diamond Bank. The bank is going down and people are still hopeful. It will end up like Skye Bank very soon. It would not be bad if people are targeting to buy at 50kobo or 20kobo. When there is a red flag on a stock, it is a time to move on and never look back again. I need someone to check for me when last Diamond paid dividend. It will likely top 7/10 years.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3544) (3545) (3546) (3547) (3548) (3549) (3550) ... (8092) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Panadee, gare2510(m), Ginalex(f) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.