Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,973 members, 7,936,110 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 02:23 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6924) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11447934 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6921) (6922) (6923) (6924) (6925) (6926) (6927) ... (8090) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 5:41pm On Apr 10, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

Trouble makers everywhere

What's causing the commotion. Caverton paid 10 kobo in 2021, they have the capacity to pay 20 kobo. They don't necessarily need to focus on building equity since their 17 billion equity only generated around a 1 billion in profit.

By giving 75% of their profits to shareholders, the dividend yield would rise to 22% (20 kobo divided by 97 kobo).

Currently, the average yield in the market is 12%, which means that investors would push the price up to around 1.7 naira or so. It's not a rocket science, abi?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 5:46pm On Apr 10, 2023
Frangel:
Yes, they can pay 20k or more from their retained earnings, if they can raise the cash for such.

Q4 2022 EPS alone is 27k, but they have 2k EPS for the Year 2022 (UFS).

Thank you for pointing that out. Does this mean that the EPS is actually 2 kobo? I had based my calculations on the fourth quarter results, and I was under the impression that the Audited financial reports were delayed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Frangel: 6:15pm On Apr 10, 2023
The audited financial statements are not yet out.

27k was for Q4 (Oct-Dec), while 2k is for Jan-Dec 2022.

Like I posted earlier, they have a healthy retained earnings balance, so can pay 20k or more if they want and can raise the cash, other factors assumed normal.

The company has a book value of about N5 per share.

ositadima1:

Thank you for pointing that out. Does this mean that the EPS is actually 2 kobo? I had based my calculations on the fourth quarter results, and I was under the impression that the Audited financial reports were delayed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 6:17pm On Apr 10, 2023
ositadima1:

I recommended that you invest time in comprehending what ChatGpt is and how to utilize it. This will help mitigate any negative emotions you may experience while reading my posts. Alternatively, feel free to send me a private message, and I can provide you with some helpful tips and tricks.

You dey miss road and you want me to come and seek for direction from you. Otilooo.

Maybe you haven't had that "thing" you said you enjoy so much and "konji" come dey crowd your judgement. Look at the report again Sir.

I don't want a repeat of what happened in 2015.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 6:20pm On Apr 10, 2023
mendes911:

You dey miss road and you want me to come and seek for direction from you. Otilooo.

Maybe you haven't had that "thing" you said you enjoy so much and "konji" come dey crowd your judgement. Look at the report again Sir.

I don't want a repeat of what happened in 2015.

What happened in 2015?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 6:34pm On Apr 10, 2023
ositadima1:

What happened in 2015?

Same thing that happened in year 1985
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 7:24pm On Apr 10, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

What happened in 1985?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 7:33pm On Apr 10, 2023
ositadima1:

What happened in 1985?

Also happened in Oct 1965 grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 7:35pm On Apr 10, 2023
ositadima1:

What's causing the commotion. Caverton paid 10 kobo in 2021, they have the capacity to pay 20 kobo. They don't necessarily need to focus on building equity since their 17 billion equity only generated around a 1 billion in profit.

By giving 75% of their profits to shareholders, the dividend yield would rise to 22% (20 kobo divided by 97 kobo).

Currently, the average yield in the market is 12%, which means that investors would push the price up to around 1.7 naira or so. It's not a rocket science, abi?

Lol...
Caverton never show you shege before...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 7:36pm On Apr 10, 2023
YoungBuffet:

I don't know the meaning of all this dates. NSE never start in 1965. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 7:36pm On Apr 10, 2023
YoungBuffet:

grin grin grin
Vawulence everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 7:38pm On Apr 10, 2023
DrAwo:

Lol...
Maybe because him never enter market in the days of Jegede oil and gas Ltd.
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 7:44pm On Apr 10, 2023
DrAwo:

Lol...

I dey reason say the person way dey manage the company na still him get majority shares. Be like say him choppings dey come from inside d company. He no too send dividend or capitalization.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 7:48pm On Apr 10, 2023
Agbalowomeri:

YoungBuffet:

If only Osita knows what happened in all these quoted years, he won't have come to this platform to say majority of us wants to be spoon-fed.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 7:56pm On Apr 10, 2023
mendes911:

If only Osita knows what happened in all these quoted years, he won't have come to this platform to say majority of us wants to be spoon-fed.

The stock is near its all time low, what more can possibly go wrong? Do you want a stock that has a book value of 5 naira be valued for 2 kobo? You wan thief am?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 7:58pm On Apr 10, 2023
mendes911:

Lol.
And that tin was bloody o.

Abeg where GTCO and FBNH results.
Make I add them to my dividend calendar.
I love dividend season.
It's like printing money.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 8:14pm On Apr 10, 2023
ositadima1:

The stock is near its all time low, what more can possibly go wrong? Do you want a stock that has a book value of 5 naira be valued for 2 kobo? You wan thief am?

Ok. Since you still have failed to understand what led to this, let me come clean a bit.

You stated that Caverton's EPS is 27k and if they eventually do a 75% payout, that would amount to about 20k dividend. That is wrong. 27k EPS was only for Oct. - Dec. 2022 unaudited results and payout rate cannot be based on a single quarter. If you had suggested that the 20k dividend would have come from their retained earnings, that would have supported your "wild expectation" of a 20k dividend however how unlikely and far fetched that might sound.

Believe me Sir, we would have seen a long epistle from our "oga at the top" if Caverton's 2022 result is/was spectacular. But still, this is NSE where anything is possible and traders can still make massive return on this stock. We once bought and made profit on stocks that didn't have any office nor financial reports.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 8:43pm On Apr 10, 2023
mendes911:

Ok. Since you still have failed to understand what led to this, let me come clean a bit.

You stated that Caverton's EPS is 27k and if they eventually do a 75% payout, that would amount to about 20k dividend. That is wrong. 27k EPS was only for Oct. - Dec. 2022 unaudited results and payout rate cannot be based on a single quarter. If you had suggested that the 20k dividend would have come from their retained earnings, that would have supported your "wild expectation" of a 20k dividend however how unlikely and far fetched that might sound.

Believe me Sir, we would have seen a long epistle from our "oga at the top" if Caverton's 2022 result is/was spectacular. But still, this is NSE where anything is possible and traders can still make massive return on this stock. We once bought and made profit on stocks that didn't have any office nor financial reports.

You are the one dragging the whole thing, remember that I said "Caverton has the potential to make a strategic move...", Then some other poster came along and said eps was 2k, even when the audited result is not out yet and i said ok.

So, an Oga most first talk about a stock before we can make our own assumptions. Ok bro.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mendes911: 8:49pm On Apr 10, 2023
ositadima1:

You are the one dragging the whole thing, remember that I said "Caverton has the potential to make a strategic move...", Then some other poster came along and said eps was 2k, even when the audited result is not out yet and i said ok.

So, an Oga most first talk about a stock before we can make our own assumptions. Ok bro.

Again you misunderstood the bolded. You are new here! I don't want you to come asking what happened in late 2013.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 8:53pm On Apr 10, 2023
mendes911:

Again you misunderstood the bolded. You are new here! Some other thing happened in late 2013 which I am sure you are unaware of.

Yes I am new, I started investing in 2020. Most of what happened in the past can be seen on charts.

What happened in 2013?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:06pm On Apr 10, 2023
mendes911:

Your last paragraph, that was in the days of Afroil.

A company that could not pay its rent and was given quit notice. In short dem no get office.

But gained over 400% in less than 6 months. Las las everybody who bought without considering the financials chop breakfast

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:09pm On Apr 10, 2023
ositadima1:

Yes I am new, I started investing in 2020. Most of what happened in the past can be seen on charts.

What happened in 2013?

Are you serious as per starting investment in 2020.

If that is the case it is better to allow you get the experience, because experience is the best teacher

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:15pm On Apr 10, 2023
ositadima1:

I don't know the meaning of all this dates. NSE never start in 1965. cheesy

It was called Lagos Stock Exchange in 1965.

Read " My life of Stocks" by late Akintunde Asalu. He bought his first shares in 1964

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 10:23pm On Apr 10, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:26pm On Apr 10, 2023
ositadima1:

Smells like double standards to me, is like Caverton has dealt with you all. I remember one of the so called Ogas championing Intbrew that has had a losing streak and yet no long back and forth with him.

I have made my own observation and I stand by it. Let time be d judge.

We are on the same page. Experience is the best teacher.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Pojomojo: 11:21pm On Apr 10, 2023
THE PROS AND CONS OF PETROLEUM SUBSIDY REMOVAL

The Petroleum Industry Act (PIA), signed into law in 2021, provides for total deregulation of the Nigerian downstream oil and gas sector under Section 205, which implies the removal of subsidy to create a level-playing ground for the sector.

This means that petrol will be obtainable in Nigeria at the same value as the international oil price. In other words, the government will cease to pay subsidy, which has been the difference between international oil price and existing pump price, and local consumers may have to purchase petrol at around N750/N800 per liter.

Pros:
The notable advantage of subsidy removal is that it will enhance proficiency and uninterrupted product supply in the sector due to the government restricted activities, create a level-playing ground for marketers and promote massive investment in the downstream oil and gas value chain. The policy is also expected to curb the fiscal deficit that stems from subsidy payments.

Cons:
The obvious disadvantage of subsidy removal is the negative effect it is expected to have on consumers. Considering the weak power of Naira to Dollar and the income level of major households, it is unlikely for an average consumer to afford petrol at the projected rate. If all variables are not properly managed, removing subsidy would have contagious effects on other sectors as an inflated petrol price will trigger inflation on other commodities and services. Nigeria is a fuel-dependent economy, and many industries depend on its consumption to operate.

As it stands:
This is the second week of April, and we have less than three (3) months to the June 2023 deadline for subsidy removal. A plan that may meet resistance from both labor unions and the public over lack of clarity regarding the availability of social investment programmes and other measures to cushion the effects of the policy on the citizenry.

What a dilemma..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 11:25pm On Apr 10, 2023
@osita, it is obvious you don't know the story of the oga you mentioned regarding IB.Many attacks he got lately was as a result of Caverton in the past which he gave as buy recommendations which later went south.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by freeman67: 1:43am On Apr 11, 2023
Caverton to skye.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by freeman67: 1:44am On Apr 11, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 2:17am On Apr 11, 2023
ositadima1:

What happened in 2013?

Just to help your ministry, look at the chart below to see historic EPS and dividends paid for caverton. Even in the good times, caverton has never been generous with dividends talkless of now that things are tight...

Caverton is one of the most dangerous companies on the NGX when it comes to anticipating what dividends they'll pay. And I'm speaking from experience...

EPS. Dividend
2017 0.77 0.15
2018 1.2 0.25
2019 1.29 0.20
2020 0.35 0.1
2021 -1.28 0.00

Be careful with Caverton and dividends. What they choose to pay is what they choose to pay...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 6:23am On Apr 11, 2023
DrAwo:

Just to help your ministry, look at the chart below to see historic EPS and dividends paid for caverton. Even in the good times, caverton has never been generous with dividends talkless of now that things are tight...

Caverton is one of the most dangerous companies on the NGX when it comes to anticipating what dividends they'll pay. And I'm speaking from experience...

EPS. Dividend
2017 0.77 0.15
2018 1.2 0.25
2019 1.29 0.20
2020 0.35 0.1
2021 -1.28 0.00

Be careful with Caverton and dividends. What they choose to pay is what they choose to pay...

I don't know why you are all freaking out. It was not a buy suggestion, since their price fell by a lot, I simply said that if caverton wanted to recover somewhat they can make a strategic move by paying 20 kobo. It was a thought experiment. Maybe, they won't pay anything at all this time, but you all failed to tackle the main idea. If caverton decided to pay 20 kobo will the share value appreciate? Yes or No?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:47am On Apr 11, 2023
Plenty grammarians with plenty grammars on top Caverton. shocked
With all these book quotes and book titles, e be like say people like us never even start or know anything about this stock biz o. shocked

Anyway, this same Caverton is on watchlist for possible merger, acquisition or delisting from NGX......by the Newbie's Association of Nsempa. The grammarians are welcomed. tongue
** Note the watchlist. No certainty anywhere for now**

Lol. Make Una no vex my ogas. I'm also just sharing my opinion on the matter. grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6921) (6922) (6923) (6924) (6925) (6926) (6927) ... (8090) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ojeysky(m), 1jboi, mikeapollo and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.