Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,694 members, 7,962,235 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 07:01 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (8030) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11608188 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8027) (8028) (8029) (8030) (8031) (8032) (8033) ... (8226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 7:34pm On Aug 20
True
ositadima1:

You are comparing big investment houses with billions of naira in their portfolio, with somebody who trades 5 to 50 million. They are not on the same level at all. The smaller your capital, the easier you can take advantage of volatility. Those big companies mostly use FA like Warren Buffett, and there is no high-frequency trading in Nigeria, so they can't use that approach like their peers abroad.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MARKETJJC: 7:36pm On Aug 20
megawealth01:

What's the names of your brokers?

Stanbic and Morgan
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 7:44pm On Aug 20
lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 7:50pm On Aug 20
Agbalowomeri:
So you sold GTCO already. We are headed above 40 Lol

LOL
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MrDiligence: 7:55pm On Aug 20
MARKETJJC:

The over all baba ijebu garri master. We are following your footsteps. Like I said somewhere here the other day, I read through all the pages here and I came across where you subtly said that the difference between 1million and 1billion is doubling the initial 1million every year and in the tenth year, it will become 1billion grin. I have decided to try that experiment, so I opened another account with another broker last year and moved one million into it and I will only be trading it once or twice a year like you do grin. May God help my soul grin

Great concept, although doubling 1 million every year will not give you 1 billion by the tenth year but 512 million.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:55pm On Aug 20
ositadima1:

You're still looking at the whole thing from a FA perspective. .

Make una leave Pa Emma for him corner Lol grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 7:56pm On Aug 20
MrDiligence:

Great concept, although doubling 1 million every year will not give you 1 billion by the tenth year but 512 million.

Do the math. You missed out one year grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MrDiligence: 8:01pm On Aug 20
Agbalowomeri:

Oh wow that's true. The tenth year grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MARKETJJC: 8:06pm On Aug 20
MrDiligence:

It will my dear. That Agba's concept is the highest compounding one that I see but it requires a lot of patience and discipline because it is not easy to be seeing 20% , 10%, 30% here and there and not be tempted to trade but it is in the trading that you will be gaining and losing plus the emotional surge that comes with trading grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MARKETJJC: 8:08pm On Aug 20
ositadima1:

You're still looking at the whole thing from a FA perspective. Oga Agba has already said they use volatility. If you can remember, in 2022 when GTCO stock was being punished despite the quality of the business, most people thought something bad was happening at GTCO. Some even claimed it was because of their restructuring. But when the stock started moving up towards the end of that year, it presented a good opportunity.

I know some investor played that game, and Agba did too, I made like 50 or 60% from it. Some patient people made over 100%. This is just one example - at times, the market will go crazy and offer opportunities for those who can see it.

The key point is that you shouldn't just view things from an FA perspective. Sometimes volatility and temporary market irrationality can create great trading opportunities.

Exactly! What I was trying to let him see
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 8:11pm On Aug 20
Agbalowomeri:

Na when it reach like 7 yrs.You go know money doubling is not a joke

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MARKETJJC: 8:15pm On Aug 20
Streetinvestor2:
Na when it reach like 6 yrs.You go know money doubling is not a joke

That is true but the goal is aim for sun, if you miss, you land for moon grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 8:21pm On Aug 20
MARKETJJC:

That is true but the goal is aim for sun, if you miss, you land for moon grin
I will take it up too.It will be a fun challenge. I will start too in November

Na one million naira challenge for the next 10yrs on any stock that can give 100% in any year.I like this idea.Na to get mind put 512M in one stock you nobi insider go be wahala

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 8:28pm On Aug 20
BullBearMkt:

Oga Emma, what about using it to marry another wife? cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin

Tinubu 4×4. Oando up up. Investor good good. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by purity2all(m): 8:29pm On Aug 20
Streetinvestor2:

Na one million naira challenge for the next 10yrs on any stock that can give 100% in any year.I like this idea.Na to get mind put 512M in one stock you nobi insider go be wahala

Na the real wahala be that. Imagine putting such an amount on Dangote sugar last year, based on the projections. It will take a whole lot of discipline not to count one loss and move on.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Picky1: 8:32pm On Aug 20
Willie2015:

Anyhow they want to do it....
Na dem sabi...
Let us get a piece of the pie... with our shares..
Thats the koko... grin

Bros, with this kind of mind set...which is actually what is prevalent in the country thereby creating lots of illegitimate wealth....
Can you see why it will be very difficult for naija to ever make progress if this continues!
No wahala, we keep kicking the can down the road!! cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MARKETJJC: 8:38pm On Aug 20
Streetinvestor2:

Senior! When we get to that bridge, we will cross it. Maybe at that point we do solely dividend stock with possibility of doubling grin like GTCO at 18 or maybe another "COVID19" will come grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Picky1: 8:45pm On Aug 20
Streetinvestor2:
And for some who think I am the type you can silence on this thread.walahi you cry is just starting. I did not have time today..lol

When I was shouting wale come and pay me #20.You didn't exist because I didn't borrow from you to bet on it

You see for oando...e do cast.Oanado is a useless company. And for you that comes with one moniker to make noise as per spiritual on oando and another to market it.Dont go near any bridge because I will talk more about oando tomorrow.

I am not like Peter obi who is a gentleman man to a fault. I am not ready to quote anyone post but if you come to write rubbish on my post.I just laugh how it will go.
Oando is betnaija stock and will everly cast.The signs whr thr today unless you no get eyes

Bros, abeg be calming down!
It's a small world and we are all in this huge floating ship aka planet earth together.
At the end of the day, it's all nothing! cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by crownprince2017: 8:52pm On Aug 20
Streetinvestor2:

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gamaliel9: 9:07pm On Aug 20
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:07pm On Aug 20
Investment is a marathon and not a Sprint.

It is possible to make a one off return of 100% or 200% in a year , the Koko is the accumulated return over a period of 10 to 20 years
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Picky1: 9:11pm On Aug 20
emmanuelewumi:
Investment is a marathon and not a Sprint.

It is possible to make a one off return of 100% or 200% in a year , the Koko is the accumulated return over a period of 10 to 20 years

We prefer the Tortoise investment concept...so we SWAN! cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:15pm On Aug 20
Someone on this thread got in touch with me early this year, he claimed he started invested in the stock market 22 years ago and has about 6 years before he would be due for retirement.

He claimed his portfolio was less than N10 million even after trading for over 20 years. He made money from the market, but also lost most to the market.

He got in touch with me for assistance on books that could improve his knowledge about the market.

He claimed he introduced the wife to NGX 18 years ago, but the wife got a dividend of over N3 million in 2023 and a portfolio size of almost N40 million

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MrDiligence: 9:16pm On Aug 20
@Mankind, please how many years did it take you to compound your 5,000 into 180 million? I want to assume there was steady influx of funds too. Seriously taking notes here! 🖍️ Thanks for your anticipated response.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:19pm On Aug 20
emmanuelewumi:
Someone on this thread got in touch with me early this year, he claimed he started invested in the stock market 22 years ago and has about 6 years before he would be due for retirement.

He claimed his portfolio was less than N10 million even after trading for over 20 years. He made money from the market, but also lost most from the market.

He got in touch with me for assistance on books that could improve his knowledge about the market.

He claimed he introduced the wife to NGX 18 years ago, but the wife got a dividend of over N3 million in 2023 and a portfolio size of almost N40 million

Shame no allow him to ask the wife for update. Anyway in most cases women don't spend their own money, probably why she was able to invest more than the husband
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:19pm On Aug 20
chillykelly86:

Tinubu 4×4. Oando up up. Investor good good. grin
what happened to the guy.I didn't see any of his post today. I can't even believe that someone could consider me to be that clown.

Without fear or favour i am 1000% percent obedient though obi is too gentle to a fault. I will have never wished Tinubu to nigeria for 4 yrs talkless of considering 8yr when I am not cursed .I only supported 2 of his policy which I have always said.Pls this is not a political post so don't view it in that regard or respond equally in that regard
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:23pm On Aug 20
I believe if one consistently invests in the Nigerian stock market for 20 years, the person's dividend income should be equivalent to or more than the person's annual salary or profit from his business

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:25pm On Aug 20
gamaliel9:
https://thewhistler.ng/united-capital-launches-new-subsidiary-ucee-microfinance-bank/

Moneipoint get ready
pls they should give them true competition for thr money through digital banking and innovation. The guys are making serious money in that pos business
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:28pm On Aug 20
MrDiligence:
@Mankind, please how many years did it take you to compound your 5,000 into 180 million? I want to assume there was steady influx of funds too. Seriously taking notes here! 🖍️ Thanks for your anticipated response.
Did you say 5k to 180 miller. This gist go sweet to hear oh
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:31pm On Aug 20
MrDiligence:

He used 5k to open a stockbroking account and was making regular investments over the years
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:36pm On Aug 20
emmanuelewumi:
I believe if one consistently invests in the Nigerian stock market for 20 years, the person's dividend income should be equivalent to or more than the person's annual salary or profit from his business
This is easy for salary person.It is difficult to really say the annual profit for sole proprietorship kind of business in a year.I get business way I wan do for China by October. If it works out well. You fit surprise within a yr or two my fellow igbo guys with cash go cast the thing after you hammer for 1/2 yrs,lol
So you can't really predict your profit for every Yr oh
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 9:40pm On Aug 20
emmanuelewumi:

He used 5k to open a stockbroking account and was making regular investments over the years
This is better explanation. I thought he said he was trading/gambling with 5k and grew it into 180M.That means the input sumed up must have been in millions

(1) (2) (3) ... (8027) (8028) (8029) (8030) (8031) (8032) (8033) ... (8226) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: NSEstudent, Sexybeautiful(f), Princkez, Nataba, olig(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.