Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,488 members, 7,961,517 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 07:53 AM

Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? (29050 Views)

The Unspoken Truth: Why Women Hate Each Other So Damn Much / Why Do Women Always Do This (Picture) / What Kind Of Woman Would You Love To Marry- Choose (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 6:43am On Jan 08, 2013
does afam want a traditional woman?

do nigerian men really want a traditional woman - one that will lie down like log of wood in bed, is not concerned about her weight, will only wear traditional attire, is unable to give any advice, is little more than a child rearing machine. . .

Meanwhile.. I learnt of a Lady who started dating this guy. That as soon as she came into his life, she started acting like a wife. She would pick out his clothes, buy and replace his socks (if they are torn), replace his underwears and boxers (Stuff that most guys tend to always forget to do), cook meals for him to come back from work to, bring him surprise (home cooked) lunch at work, buy and replace things like toilet rolls, bathing sponge and soap, deodorant, perfumes, e.t.c whilst keeping his house clean. When the guy gave her a key to his flat, he didnt know.. They were married after barely a year of courting. The guy became so dependent of her it was almost like she had used juju on him. MEANWHILE.. This babe schooled in Jand o!! MSc. holder.

this is a traditional woman? a girl who had a boyfriend? in a traditional setting, that is a slut. a traditional babe is one whose parents marry her off usually at 19 or 20 for a tidy sum.

all this one is double talk and ridiculous attempts at nostalgia

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by seedord247(m): 7:01am On Jan 08, 2013
Beloved1993: This is simply not true. You should say some ladies. My hubby is a traditional man, as I am a family woman. I am a Dr, but my family comes before my career.
I cook and my hubby helps especially if I am not able to cook for any reason, he is actually a very good cook. It doesn't make him less of a traditional man.
My religion and my culture teaches me that the man is the head of the family, so no amount of western education can change that.

Your type is what we needed on nairaland....

Not all those hyprocrisy domitila that come here to spilt ironic venoms.... Most of them, their husband has turned then to punchin bag and biceps workout plan.... But they will coming to say that, my hubby cant he cant do that, whereas after readin comments on here... they will create a new i.d and post new topic like this.... HOW TO PLEASE A MAN. shocked
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by MissOpe(f): 7:03am On Jan 08, 2013
slimyem: Men are just confused.They want traditional wives and also want independent intellectual women perpetually looking like cleopatra while also contibuting to family coffers.
The meeting point of both is thin.
Traditional men usually want a boss-sevant relationship and well,modern women won't suscribe to such. Who wants a man who sees her as nothing more than a subordinate who's supposed to be at his beck and call all day everyday?
A man who wants a wife that'd take his briefcase as soon as he walks in the door,arrange his bath water,set food on the table and watch him eat and go warm his bed afterwards...or isn't that the stereotype?
Abeg!
If you are a traditional man who wants a traditional wife,look in the right place.Take the fastest bus to your village and find a qualified mgbeke who has been specially trained to SERVE you her husband all her life...and goodluck with that!
winkwink

one million and one likes for....

Traditional men always think They can eat their cake and have It.....
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by mradonis(m): 7:08am On Jan 08, 2013
We need to do somtin fast.most families nw mostly eat akara,indomie&bread,cos most of our women re hidin under d umbrella of civilization
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by stagger: 7:13am On Jan 08, 2013
The so-called "traditional" men treat their wives as commodities and not as human beings. My mum and wife are PhD holders and it has not stopped them performing their domestic duties. So I do not know what this "traditional" stuff is all about.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by MissOpe(f): 7:20am On Jan 08, 2013
Okija_juju:

You are also getting it twisted...

Say I be traditional man no mean say I no go help my Nwa baby.

But the point here is that most of you women here dont see these chores as your responsibility. And thats where the problem lie.

I can go into the market for my wife whilst she does cleans the house or even sleeps sef. However, it has to be because I want to and not because my wife does not know how to do it.

SO do you agree that a womans responsibility in a home is to cook, clean, do the dishes, do the laundry, go shopping, tend o the kids and all other domestic chores/duties?!

Olodo...... If u think she has the responsibility to do all the above mentioned ...... then u also av d responsibility to provide for ur family all the time.....but na big mouth men like u go always want ur wife to work and support u... let me even ask u,,, can u carry all the burden of the family? I.e. Providing for the family all d time....i guess ur answer is as good as mine
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by sundaybam(m): 7:23am On Jan 08, 2013
I can't even advice my sis to marry a traditional man Becouse we are in the modern world.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by jamest3(m): 7:34am On Jan 08, 2013
From the ongoing it seems most ladies here who vehemently insist on not being 'virtuous women' are simply too old and tired to do those things that are associated with being women. Guys please stick with the younger ladies who still have the strength and not too far from their good upbringing for your longtime mental stability. Away with the old and in with the young, period.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Ehinafe: 7:44am On Jan 08, 2013
oyb: does afam want a traditional woman?

do nigerian men really want a traditional woman - one that will lie down like log of wood in bed, is not concerned about her weight, will only wear traditional attire, is unable to give any advice, is little more than a child rearing machine. . .

this is a traditional woman? a girl who had a boyfriend? in a traditional setting, that is a slut. a traditional babe is one whose parents marry her off usually at 19 or 20 for a tidy sum.

all this one is double talk and ridiculous attempts at nostalgia

This used to be old-fashioned and is booby-trap. The moment a girl wants to trap a guy into a serious relationship or commitment, the first thing the girl does is to try to convince him that she is well-brought up to be domesticated. If you carry out your research thoroughly, you will find out that your house is not the first where such has been carried out. I remembered when I was courting my wife, who is not from South-West but from South-South, the first thing she tried to do was to pretend that she could speak Yoruba, not to convince me but to be accepted by my mother. Unknown to her, I had already made up my mind about her because I really love her. As soon as we got married she threw all the Yoruba languages into the trash basket. When I jokingly confronted her, all she could say is that she has gotten what she wanted and there is no need to stress herself anymore. There are a lot of other positive attributes that are beneficial to me from her as a virtuous woman she is.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Odunnu: 7:51am On Jan 08, 2013
jay bee: Who is a traditional man?
Any man who wears traditional cloths grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by masterpiecer(m): 7:51am On Jan 08, 2013
kulyie: There's something my mom told me and i wont forget it.she said you are too educated,exposed and beautiful to marry a traditional man.they wont bring out the best in you,they will make you subservient to them,they will reduce you to properties of their own and you wont have a life of your own.you will only live and aspire for them.marry a friend,a companion and confidant not a ruler,a domineering man oregocentric man which is associated with traditional men.many of them even have violent tendencies and will have their way through violence.mind you my mom is married and not just married,she has been happily married some thirty something years back.anyway what is good for a might be repulsive to b,as for me o,i cant marry a traditional man.even the educated ones are not different from the way mechanics,tailors,drivers and gateman will think.their school of thought judging from what i've studied about them,a mans problem is his wifes problem too,a wife's problem is her own problem and buisness.she doesnt have an opinion a voice and a say.she is suseptible to violence and threat at any time.some ladies may like traditional men o,thats their cup of tea,but for me o and people around me i know of,they cant marry traditional men.i remember mumsi also saying the ladies that will find traditional men ok with them are illiterates,semi illiterates,sales girls,house girls,janitors and messengers because they know next to nothing and they believe whatever their husby says is final.fortunatly for me,i am blessed my parents are still alive and together,my coolidad is an example.he is a partner to my mom and not a domineering man.he is my model for having a man.such a liberal man

u r such a terrible writer. Aaarrrrrrrrrrrgggghhhh angry
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by danniekute(m): 7:52am On Jan 08, 2013
afam4eva: If there's one thing I've noticed in life, it is that people always embrace things that will benefit them. With the infiltration of western culture into Nigeria, our ladies have been mostly receptive to this culture. They embrace it and even carry it into their search for a spouse. I've heard ladies say things like "I can't marry a traditional man". Meaning that, they don't want a man who's a stickler for African tradition. I think this is just because these ladies know that African culture does not favour them so, they'll rather marry someone who has a western outlook on life.

They want a man who won't require them to cook as a typical African woman will readily do.

They want a man that will give them the kind of freedom that they desire to do whatever they want? Ask Tonto Dike.

They want a man that won't rule over them as the head of the family. Infact they want someone they won't submit to.

Isn't it ironic that the same ladies will want advice young people that they should respect their elders because it's part of African culture.

You can see that these ladies use and dump African culture when it suits them.
wetin concern udene(vulture)wit barber. How does ds effect d school fees of my children?
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 08, 2013
free2ryhme:

is there anything wrong in a graduate(female ) pounding yam or cooking bitter leaf soup ....?

I tire my broda! Ds ladies tend to get d whole thing twisted. They mean men will nt come home 2 relish nice African meals agen?
Ds days na eat in nd take aways couples dey do. I hav alwaz believd dat life partner means d pesn dat will partner ur life's journey, shikena!
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:55am On Jan 08, 2013
Men amuse me a lot times! I guess a "GOOD WOMAN" is one who can wash, clean, cook, and be submissive to her man. Let me ask you, what if she does all these things and when she's mad at you, she'll use a knife to chase you around, does that still make her a wonderful woman?

I think to each man his own. If you want a traditional woman, then please go for that. But at the same time do not castigate someone who's different. We all have our choices and everyone is entitled to that choice!

Personally, I can't marry a traditional man. Just the same way oil and water can't mix, I can't get along with a traditional man who feels that a woman is beneath him and a woman can only be seen and not heard.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 08, 2013
free2ryhme:

is there anything wrong in a graduate(female ) pounding yam or cooking bitter leaf soup ....?

I tire my broda! Ds ladies tend to get d whole thing twisted. They mean men will nt come home 2 relish nice African meals agen? Many marriages are so fake!
Ds days na eat in nd take aways couples dey do. I hav alwaz believd dat life partner means d pesn dat will partner ur life's journey(wtout forming), shikena!
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 08, 2013
Vikin:

Talk true, if you be woman you will do the same. The reason most men are here talking about tradition and all, it's because it really favour's them.

Abeg, I got one life to live and am not ready to kill myself for a man because I can't pound yam properly or I don't know how to do the local ewedu soup with broomstick.

I rather focus on my Dy Dx, make the cash with hubby together then go on sweet vacation every now and then and have sweet s e.x.x.x while looking like under 15.

No time!

Prov 14: 1
Prov 12: 4
Prov 9: 13-18
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Enegod(m): 8:08am On Jan 08, 2013
When it comes to talking like a parrot,girls I hail una!
Most girls that are forming women's rights activists are being beaten by their bf/husband others are single,desparately searching for husband.so,please do not take them serious.
On a serious note,you can't expect the girls of nowadays to be as they were doing the time of our mothers.
This is a modern,many things have changed,mentally,psychologically...girls have changed also(unless the ones that are yet to be exposed),so,we guys must adapt to the changes for peace to reign.
In the issue of girls pounding yam,I don't subcribe to that.It can affect them physically(muscular body)
which I do not find attractive.So,ladies take note.There are other food that can replace pounded yam like garri(eba).Guys, if you like pounded yam so much,buy pounding yam machine for your wife,it's a modern world.She shouldn't suffer because she loves you.
Finally,we the guys,men,husband are incharge the girls,ladies,wife must be under us,that's how God/nature made it to be!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 08, 2013
Vikin: Traditionally Men? You are on your own.

Had one as a colleague who insisted his future wife must know how to pound yam because he loves pounded yam? In this modern world?
I was even suggesting for him yam powder or to do the pounding while the wife cooks the yam, he said no way! Lol. The same person also wants a working graduate.

Another one that was seeking for marriage was enquiring about me and one of the questions he asked my cousin was if I can cook bitter leaf soup because he doesn't joke with that. shocked

Anyway,

A shout out to all traditional Men, wake up, it 2013 already..keep the useful traditions( if you like) and drop the ones that will send your future wives earlier to grave. I don talk finish!

Has cooking fervently for her husband sent obi ezekwesili to her early grave fo? Lazy brats

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Gistben: 8:26am On Jan 08, 2013
traditional men are liable to marry more than a wife. women dnt like sharing their men. lol
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by COOLDUN: 8:27am On Jan 08, 2013
Beloved1993: This is simply not true. You should say some ladies. My hubby is a traditional man, as I am a family woman. I am a Dr, but my family comes before my career.
I cook and my hubby helps especially if I am not able to cook for any reason, he is actually a very good cook. It doesn't make him less of a traditional man.
My religion and my culture teaches me that the man is the head of the family, so no amount of western education can change that.

God almighty will increase your blessings, you will never lack what you deserve , and you will live long to enjoy the fruit of your labour , You are one in billions, for placing your family before qualification s, many women think that they can be more western than the west. Even nurses in the US today are dumping their husbands because they feel that they are getting more salaries than their husbands.

I am a well travelled man, educated in academics and natures, but I combine my western life with tradition, and it is working well for me, wife is never a slave, so also husband is never a slave, domestic duties is not meant for only one person be it a wife or a husband, even house help is not a slave, but member of a family. The problems we are facing in Africa today mostly in Nigeria is over copying of the western negative styles instead of positive styles.

We sold our consciences and moral values in order to embrace the western NEGATIVE cultures. Keep it up my dear, I love hearing your kind of comments because it is highly inspirational, try to teach your women friends to emulate your style. Happy New Year.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 08, 2013
kulyie: There's something my mom told me and i wont forget it.she said you are too educated,exposed and beautiful to marry a traditional man.they wont bring out the best in you,they will make you subservient to them,they will reduce you to properties of their own and you wont have a life of your own.you will only live and aspire for them.marry a friend,a companion and confidant not a ruler,a domineering man oregocentric man which is associated with traditional men.many of them even have violent tendencies and will have their way through violence.mind you my mom is married and not just married,she has been happily married some thirty something years back.anyway what is good for a might be repulsive to b,as for me o,i cant marry a traditional man.even the educated ones are not different from the way mechanics,tailors,drivers and gateman will think.their school of thought judging from what i've studied about them,a mans problem is his wifes problem too,a wife's problem is her own problem and buisness.she doesnt have an opinion a voice and a say.she is suseptible to violence and threat at any time.some ladies may like traditional men o,thats their cup of tea,but for me o and people around me i know of,they cant marry traditional men.i remember mumsi also saying the ladies that will find traditional men ok with them are illiterates,semi illiterates,sales girls,house girls,janitors and messengers because they know next to nothing and they believe whatever their husby says is final.fortunatly for me,i am blessed my parents are still alive and together,my dad is an example.he is a partner to my mom and not a domineering man.he is my model for having a man.such a liberal man
Little did u knw that a man won't be domineering if the wife accepts that she has to be submisive and live a virtuous life with her husband even while working on herself

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 08, 2013
Really it has been a cool debate. I just say 'to each his own'.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by COOLDUN: 8:43am On Jan 08, 2013
Witty07:
Little did u knw that a man won't be domineering if the wife accepts that she has to be submisive and live a virtuous life with her husband even while working on herself

Don't mind her, please ask her who she is married to at present? No man in his right senses will ever maltreat a submisive wife. The bodies of the husband and wife is one. Her mother had never told her, the other sides her father, the best couples are the onese that never expose their differencies publicly, marriage is never bed of roses. Good husband is a good husband, doesen't matter wheher he is a traditional man or not.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 08, 2013
slimyem: Are you saying my husband isn't supposed to be my mate?
He isn't also supposed to be my friend and companion?
What's he supposed to be then?
My god?
Of course i can do all of that but what stops him from running his own bath while i do the cooking?
What are his hands for?
Flipping channels on tv while i slave round the house for him after having an equally stressfull day trying to support the family?

You can't have it all man.
You want an 100 percent traditional woman,go to your village!
You want a middle point,make compromises and adjust!
Simple!
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Sunnycliff(m): 8:49am On Jan 08, 2013
[quote author=Gambrosia]God forbid o! cheesy
I find them local and utter BUSH MEATS! kiss
ESPECIALLY CHIEFS!

No traditional men for me o! My dad was one. . . but he is only my dad.
My husband WAS one. . .till I cured him of that TRADITIONAL MADNESS! kiss

Sorry. . .for me to live in the same house with you. . .YOU MUST KNOW HOW TO COOK AND CLEAN!!!
You must believe a woman is an EQUAL PARTNER IN THE HOME. . . .

Just hang your 'trust and obey' hat outside. . .BEFORE YOU H-ENTER MY HOUSE!

Or esle. . . YOU GO HIAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRAM! kiss[/quote)
Y didnt u become a man. C ur head
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by daryoor(m): 8:55am On Jan 08, 2013
women are being more educated, productive, independent and enlightened that the times when our traditions, ideal and norms matched the circumstance. The whole world is changing not just nigeria. Europeans had traditions that are long gone and forgotten.
Education is a fuel for feminism and feminism counters african traditions. in practical sense and independent wife is configured to take less bullshitt than a dependent full time house wife.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Bambela(m): 8:57am On Jan 08, 2013
kulyie: There's something my mom told me and i wont forget it.she said you are too educated,exposed and beautiful to marry a traditional man.they wont bring out the best in you,they will make you subservient to them,they will reduce you to properties of their own and you wont have a life of your own.you will only live and aspire for them.marry a friend,a companion and confidant not a ruler,a domineering man oregocentric man which is associated with traditional men.many of them even have violent tendencies and will have their way through violence.mind you my mom is married and not just married,she has been happily married some thirty something years back.anyway what is good for a might be repulsive to b,as for me o,i cant marry a traditional man.even the educated ones are not different from the way mechanics,tailors,drivers and gateman will think.their school of thought judging from what i've studied about them,a mans problem is his wifes problem too,a wife's problem is her own problem and buisness.she doesnt have an opinion a voice and a say.she is suseptible to violence and threat at any time.some ladies may like traditional men o,thats their cup of tea,but for me o and people around me i know of,they cant marry traditional men.i remember mumsi also saying the ladies that will find traditional men ok with them are illiterates,semi illiterates,sales girls,house girls,janitors and messengers because they know next to nothing and they believe whatever their husby says is final.fortunatly for me,i am blessed my parents are still alive and together,my dad is an example.he is a partner to my mom and not a domineering man.he is my model for having a man.such a liberal man
Thank you for ur polish grammer and selfacclaimed champion. But you ought to know that marriage is choice and stop rating those that made their choice as illitrate or semi cos your own choice is not the best .your comments depicts you as a educated illitrate .

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 08, 2013
slimyem: Are you saying my husband isn't supposed to be my mate?
He isn't also supposed to be my friend and companion?
What's he supposed to be then?
My god?

Try to understand d use of mate in this context. Understanding words is key in communication which most of u women lack. The use of mate does not mean god but the fact remains that he is d head and he calls d final shot wit your opinion counted. Reverence thy husband

slimyem: Of course i can do all of that but what stops him from running his own bath while i do the cooking?
What are his hands for?
Flipping channels on tv while i slave round the house for him after having an equally stressfull day trying to support the family?

U got it all wrong. Understanding is key and u women lack it. Being submissive is not for u too run his bath if you do that for him means its just out of care and any reasonable person not man would appreciate that. When a wife shows are submisivness a caring husband wil b the one to take up some of those chores without being told. But for a stubborn and childish wife the husband wil b looking at even if he wants to b caring. Shebi u have a point to prove, oya let's see is what he would say

slimyem: You can't have it all man.
You want an 100 percent traditional woman,go to your village!
You want a middle point,make compromises and adjust!
Simple!

No body can get 100% so while that we are askn for 100%. The willingness goes a long way.j
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:17am On Jan 08, 2013
[b]I think a lot of the girls here are trying to twist this matter around: WHO/WHAT IS A TRIDITIONAL MAN/WOMAN?!

MY ANSWER: A traditional man or woman isnt one that is uneducated, unrefined, bush or any of those adjectives that best qualify 'local' in the Nigerian context.

A traditional man is that man that still holds or core traditional values high. That man that realizes that irrespective of his Ivy League education, still has his God-given responsibility on this earth is to provide for his family. Where that family sometimes even includes extended family as well. A traditional African man in the context of this thread is that man that knows that he is responsible for providing the following for his family;

FOOD: This he does by going to the farm (in the 21st century we call it office) and bringing the produce (money) home.

Shelter: This is the mans sole responsibility. HE provides the shelter, pays the rent or builds the house.

Education: He is responsible for making sure that the kids get an education. Be it formal or informal.

Security: Thats why he would go to war to keep his family safe.

THE MAN IS THE HEAD OF THE FAMILY.. Wether Biblically, Quoranically, Triditionally, Spiritually or Legally. #FACT!!!

A traditional woman does not mean AN MGBEKE. A traditional woman is one who is alive to her GOD-Given responsibilities on earth which is to her husband, her children and her home. A traditional woman knows her place on earth and fulfills it. She knows that Career or not, her primary responsibilities comes beofre every other thing. She knows that despite her PHDs, MScs and co, she is still a wife and a mother and these are not mere titles, but carry responsibilities as well. The responsibilities of a traditional woman are as follows;

HER HUSBAND This is her primary responsibility on earth. The moment she marrys him and takes on his name, she becomes his assistant, his helper, his nurse, his cook, his companion, his everything. She is responsible for his general well being. This responsibility cannot come second to anything on earth (without the approval of her HUSBAND). Not career, not education, not nothing.

HER CHILDREN This is her secondary responsibility. Even in Chirches today, this is still taught. Her responsibility to the kids is almost as equal to that she owes her husband, but its not the same. She is responsible for clothing them, tending to their welfare (both at home and in school), feeding them and taking care of their general well being. She is to report all cases of misconduct to the Man for discipline where she cant handle it. She is responsible for raising the female children and instilling certain core values in them so they dont grow up to be whores.

HER HOME This represents wherever it is she lives with her family. She is responsible for keeping it clean and homely. Even if this home is under the bridge. She is responsible for the hygiene and sanitation of the home. She is responsible for its day to day activities. She is responsible for the home and may delegate duties to househelps and maids, but is never to leave the running of the house in the hands of helps and maids.

NOW!!!!!!!!! All I did was outline the responsibilities of each party according to the way we were raised. Well, the 21st century has brought on its own challenges and has forced many homes into having two working parents. This still does not make anyones reponsibilities null or void. All that can be done is to balance out these responsibilities as best as possible. Because a woman works does not make it alright for her to leave the raising of the children into the care of a househelp. Or have the maid responsible for cooking and feeding her husband. My aunty who is a Manager in UBA still cooks for her husband till tomorrow. She has househelps who go to the market for her, who prepare the ingerdients, but she does the cooking. When she has to travel, she cooks, puts them in packs, write out a timetable for how the meals should be served to her husband and kids and then she goes.

Girls of today are spoilt and lazy. They all want to live the Kim Kardashian lifestyle. MTV base is what it is all about. She can spot a fake louis vuitton from 100 yards out, but cant boil simple indomie. Because you earn an income now makes you and your husband equals.. IMAGINE THE RUBBISH!! Our grandmothers went to the farms with their husbands, came back together and still cooked the food. No wonder women are dying left and right from something as simple as Child birth. When women use to deliver themselves inside farms all alone to now when some have to be flown abroad and attended to by a team of doctors because from 3 weeks into the pregnancy, the only exercise she did was to press the remote control of the television, the food she made was from Mr. Biggs and only person to have lifted a finger in the house is the housegirl (WHO REALLY IS THE REAL SLAVE).

Women, start living up to your responsibilities.. Being Traditional does not mean being bush... It simply means knowing that as a woman or Man, there are certian things that fall within your jurisdiction and you MUST fulfill them.

angry

P.S Miss Ope.. I am a real man. A traditional man. I can afford to provide a Quality life for my family. Complete with yearly vacations outside the country. Nairaland is filled with many real men. You must think providing for your family ends with Blackberry phones and Ipads.. This conversation is for adults that have reached puberty. Go back and play with your Hannah Montana dolls if you have nothing to contribute on this thread.

IT IS THIS NONSENSE WEY UNA DEY DO NA EHN DON BREED THESE KIND CHILDREN FULL EVERYWHERE... angry[/b]

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by asudan: 9:26am On Jan 08, 2013
afam4eva:
But you see, our mothers and grandmother never complained about doing these things. Girls of nowadays are just lazy.
who told u dat they didn't complain? or do u think that some of them are hapi esp with some traditions that warrant women to kill goat even when their husbands is wrong in some things they do.
Re: Why Do Women Hate To Marry Traditional Men? by Freiburger(m): 9:27am On Jan 08, 2013
Odunnu:
Any man who wears traditional cloths grin
lol grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wife Always Accuse Him Of Not Being Romantic After Watching Telemundo Channel.! / Personality: Meet Dele Giwa's First Daughter, Funmilayo [photo] / He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.