Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,021 members, 7,963,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 09:40 AM

Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award (50035 Views)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / PICTURES: PROUD WINNER ... Lionel Messi Shows Off The Ballon D'or Award / Messi Wins Ballon D'or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 8:31pm On Jan 07, 2013
elampiro: So Yaya Toure couldn't make one of the two best midfield players? He won the EPL and was 2nd in African nations cup.

Yaya toure left La Liga because he could no longer make Barcelona team and its in EPL he reigns

Winning EPl doesn't count in the scheme of things
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by toluxa1(m): 8:31pm On Jan 07, 2013
grin

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Arsenate(m): 8:32pm On Jan 07, 2013
coogar:

epl teams don't care about the europa - there's no motivation to win it. staying in the premier league attracts more money than winning even the champions league. mid-table teams in england cannot afford to add europa league fixtures to the already congested football fixtures in england. it's not like winning europa league even pays any big money so what's the point. england have 3 domestic competitons, spain and most european leagues have only 2 so you can understand why english clubs don't give a toss about europa league!
u epl fans always come up with ridiculous arguments. If epl teams don't take the europa league serious why is it that Fulham played their hearts out to get to the finals of one of the editions (can't remember the year) only to be beaten by a la liga team?
Superiority of La liga over has manifested in many forms; Spain is the best national team today all thanks to the quality players its league churns out. The winners of ballon d'or are mostly from the la liga.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Oahray: 8:32pm On Jan 07, 2013
dopeJemi: Barca Can't pLay swansea or wolverhampton or even bLackburn

Fact

D epL is d hardest League in d worLd

Fact

La Liga is intimidating, if Messi comes 2 engLand, dat injury wey e never get b4 E go get ​a♏ 4 life
undecided
like Ronaldo like fanboys...

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by sharubutu(m): 8:32pm On Jan 07, 2013
viciati: oluwa wil alwayz be oluwa

Meaning? Better watch the type of simile u use in describing things b4 Eledumare will visit u with songo.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 07, 2013
How many times is this midget going to win the damn thing?? grin

Messi ain't no Pele, nor Maradona... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by udemzyudex(m): 8:32pm On Jan 07, 2013
fingard02k: MESSI the best of best...King of kings...Greatest of all.... all time best player and world best player 2012
U don dey kolo for saying messi is the king of kings...no let God vex for u oo
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by sarutobie(m): 8:33pm On Jan 07, 2013
1.Only barca and madrid players were listed as fifa best11
2.None of the eufa finalists made the cut
3.Casillas ahead of Neuer?
4.Ramos? Marcelo? Best 11?
5.Madrid defence and midfield got outclassed by bayern and dortmund(all german teams)
6.And Fifa is talking about fairplay? What an irony!..
Sorry to england and germany...fifa we dey see una..welldone o

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 8:33pm On Jan 07, 2013
Blah blah blah...EPL clubs don't send Europa...no wonder Chelsea didn't care much for the European Super Cup and got flogged by Falcao & his gang.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 8:33pm On Jan 07, 2013
coogar:

that was in europa cup - a competiton that man utd did not care about. their eyes were firmly fixed on the premier league. no club wants to be in europa league in england. only the poverty stricken leagues like bundesliga and la liga care about europa league!

How did you know Man Utd didnt care about Europa?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by shanktang(m): 8:34pm On Jan 07, 2013
10 of the players came from just two clubs and and all the 11 came from the spanish la liga who says the spanish ligue is not the best in the world, even if these two top teams had been in the premiership who says they will not dominate
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dopeJemi: 8:34pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:

Barca cant play Swansea yet the best player in Swansea is a La Liga reject.

People can now see why EPL fans are numerous cos na every tom deeek and Harry dey watch

Mehn!

Stfu!

D ronaLdo dats dominating La Liga came 4rm d epL

Every year its barca n reaL madrid dominating, d onLy eye and attention catching match is barca vs ReaL madrid, when barca n reaL madrid has alL d stars y won't dey be dominating n intimidating d other cLubs
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by siddiq202(m): 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
logica: I think that is the point those EPL fans don't seem to get *lightbulb*

YEAH! You right, EVEN Flcao plays in Spain....LA LIGA ROCKS

HALA MADRID
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Exhibit(m): 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
King Leo Messi did it again.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
logica: Blah blah blah...EPL clubs don't send Europa...no wonder Chelsea didn't care much for the European Super Cup and got flogged by Falcao & his gang.

[size=18pt]Chelsea and EPL dont care for Super Cup that was why Atletico madrid molested them 4-1[/size]

Abi
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
It should have gone dis way.. Last week...
FIFA : Messi, you home?
Messi: no, anything?
FIFA : we wanted to drop off ur Ballon D'or.
Messi : oº°˚! That, undecided, drop it with my security man..

That would have saved everyones time!!

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by mukina2: 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
fredoooooo:

you want bucket , muki cry me a river grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
just behave yasef grin see how u don turn villager finish grin grin tongue

dayokanu:

Jeesuuss Christ of Orile Iganmu shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Are these the EPL fans? No wonder you support EPL.

I can even wager that you support either Arsenal or Chelsea

Cos this kain English na only from Agbero EPL fans.
brake dia! angry grin
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Debroslink: 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
coogar:

that was in europa cup - a competiton that man utd did not care about. their eyes were firmly fixed on the premier league. no club wants to be in europa league in england. only the poverty stricken leagues like bundesliga and la liga care about europa league!

IF MAN UTD NEVER CARED ABOUT THE EUROPA CUP, HOW COME THEY FIELDED THEIR BEST 11 AGAINST BILBAO? FLIMSY EXCUSES INDEED!!!

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Asiwaju9ja(m): 8:36pm On Jan 07, 2013
Messi World's Best 2009 - 2015. EOD
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 8:36pm On Jan 07, 2013
dopeJemi:

Mehn!

Stfu!

D ronaLdo dats dominating La Liga came 4rm d epL

Every year its barca n reaL madrid dominating, d onLy eye and attention catching match is barca vs ReaL madrid, when barca n reaL madrid has alL d stars y won't dey be dominating n intimidating d other cLubs

You surely dont know anything about European football

Except last year every year in the EPL its always Man utd and Chelsea dominating. Madrid and barca have all the stars? What of those Mata, Silva, Aguero, Michu that come to dominate the EPL are they from barca or madrid?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by uceee(m): 8:37pm On Jan 07, 2013
Leo Messi!!!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by kaze4blues(m): 8:37pm On Jan 07, 2013
So happy for LEO....
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Bishop4bella(m): 8:37pm On Jan 07, 2013
I wish C run 7 had won d award because messi is not being like us bt super-natural being. Congrat man called messi.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 07, 2013
Congrats to the winner-Lionel Messi.
I think we should all be grateful we are alive to witness great footballers like Messi and Ronaldo.
This award is not about FIFA but about national team managers and national team captains.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by shakers(m): 8:37pm On Jan 07, 2013
Messi wins it again because he's proven to be the better than the rest, my heartfelt sympathy goes to CR7 he's good but unlucky to be playing in d dispensation of magical messi well he should take solace In d fact that he won it first before Messi...
Congrats LM10,
Up Barca
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 8:38pm On Jan 07, 2013
Debroslink:

IF MAN UTD NEVER CARED ABOUT THE EUROPA CUP, HOW COME THEY FIELDED THEIR BEST 11 AGAINST BILBAO? FLIMSY EXCUSES INDEED!!!

[size=18pt]I dont care about Chicken thats why I am smoking Garri for Breakfast lunch and dinner[/size]

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by ignis: 8:40pm On Jan 07, 2013
Messi has won it again
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by blessedmayor(m): 8:40pm On Jan 07, 2013
well deservd.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Coldfaya(m): 8:41pm On Jan 07, 2013
Choi messi! Like i said before, some words in d sports dictionary have to be changed to honour dis guy. Nuff said!!
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by fredoooooo: 8:41pm On Jan 07, 2013
mukina2:
just behave yasef grin see how u don turn villager finish grin grin tongue

brake dia! angry grin

i still better pass you grin grin grin grin tongue
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by secreyor: 8:41pm On Jan 07, 2013
I can't just help but feel sorry 4 messi/barca haters...u all will complain till you die 4 notin...watching messi play just makes me happy.i don't even care if they win or loose...MESSI HATERS,I SORRY 4 UNA!

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by JLANCE(m): 8:41pm On Jan 07, 2013
jst for MESSI UP MESSI

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (33) (Reply)

West Ham Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 24th October 2015 / Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 / Manchester City Vs Arsenal (4 - 1) On 26th April 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.