Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,020 members, 7,963,311 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 09:34 AM

Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award (50033 Views)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / PICTURES: PROUD WINNER ... Lionel Messi Shows Off The Ballon D'or Award / Messi Wins Ballon D'or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 11:32pm On Jan 07, 2013
Krayola:

And why is the clown that was schooled by dortmund struggling to catch Atletico Madrid in Liga.

Mourinho will soon run out of Spain. God don catch am.

Where you carry that you shining bald head go?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 11:34pm On Jan 07, 2013
coogar:
use your common sense when arguing on this section.
barca and real madrid will not dominate in the epl cos they won't be able to afford the wages of messi, xavi and iniesta. in la liga, tv deals are negotiated independently and it pays about £100m each to the spanish giants. in england, all the tv proceeds are pooled together and shared fairly equally amongst the 20 clubs. grab a book and read.
See this fool. What does sharing of proceeds have to do with anything? How come Man U, Man City and Chelsea can pay their players and dominate the league? From the silly arguments you've been putting forth all night I don't need to argue with you. Are you not the same fool claiming Maradona's Napoli was like some low league club in England? What do you know about football, really?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Krayola(m): 11:34pm On Jan 07, 2013
coogar:

why was del bosque sacked? you are barely scratching the surface here? fact remains united's number 2 became the manager of the biggest club in spain.

he finished ahead of madrid and barcelona.....those 2 clubs have more money than valencia. how come benitez couldn't apply the same scheme in england? the premier league is a tough league - legends like juande ramos, scolari, ancelotti, villas-boas have all been undressed. if guardiola comes here, he wouldn't last 3 months.

Why is Mourinho EPL legend failing woefully in Spain? Why Ferguson dey always carry last against Liga teams. U no see as Atletico use Abramovishinsky face mop floor for super cup?
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by coogar: 11:34pm On Jan 07, 2013
Debroslink:

PLS WHO D HELL IS REYES AND BAPTISTA IN LALIGA? YES I KW BAPTISTA... HE SCORED 4 GOALS IN A MATCH 4 ARSENAL AGAINST TOTTENHAM AND COULDN'T SCORE 5 GOALS IN A WHOLE SEASON IN LALIGA. REYES IS ALSO A FLOP IN LALIGA. DECO'S STORY WAS LIKE THAT OF SHEVCHENKO. DUMPED BY BARCELONA AND BECAME A FAVOURITE @ CHELSEA. EPL IS SHIT!!!

deco became a favourite in chelsea? which deco? lmao.
if you take a lie detector test, the machine would blow. you mean you dunno baptista shook la liga to the ground? what about diego forlan who couldn't cut it here in the premier league and became a world wide legend in la liga? i can go on and on.....your league is shyte across the board!

Krayola:
Why is Mourinho EPL legend failing woefully in Spain? Why Ferguson dey always carry last against Liga teams. U no see as Atletico use Abramovishinsky face mop floor for super cup?

mourinho already won la liga.
benitez, ramos did not win the english league - apples and oranges. mourinho went to la liga to conquer the league like he's done in portugal, italy and england.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 11:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
coogar:

why was del bosque sacked? you are barely scratching the surface here? fact remains united's number 2 became the manager of the biggest club in spain.

he finished ahead of madrid and barcelona.....those 2 clubs have more money than valencia. how come benitez couldn't apply the same scheme in england? the premier league is a tough league - legends like juande ramos, scolari, ancelotti, villas-boas have all been undressed. if guardiola comes here, he wouldn't last 3 months.

Ancelotti won the EPL in his first attempt FACT. So how was he undressed? infact Carlo won the domestic double in England at first attempt
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Krayola(m): 11:35pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:

Where you carry that you shining bald head go?

I dey prison for Armed Robbery. Dem just release me yestaday na im I go tiff laptop
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 11:38pm On Jan 07, 2013
Krayola:

I dey prison for Armed Robbery. Dem just release me yestaday na im I go tiff laptop

You get luck

You for try am in Aluu
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by deeplow: 11:38pm On Jan 07, 2013
logica: You see, Barca and Real may be miles ahead in Spain, but they are also miles ahead in Europe (forget one or two upsets here and there). If they both move to England, they will be first and second in England. Basic. But speaking of 2-horse race, it's no more different from England where Man U and Chelsea have dominated for years. 2007/2008 season saw Barca come third! If Real is not careful they will come third this season. I don't need to tell you much about Athletico and Malaga. I'm sure you've seen what the former did to Chelsea and what the latter recently did to Real and how they topped their group in the Champions League.

I laugh at first and second in europe...I argue not ewith u about their weights in european football,buh it is too much to say that they would occupy the top 2 spots.we both know epl is a much tougher league in terms of defending.barcelona's tiki taka would hardly break a rugged stoke defence.the reason the ballon d'or winners have been from spain is that,la liga is easy.we can both agree that messi would never score 45 goals a season n 60goals in the next season in d epl.even ronaldo,would have found it hard to replicate his 2008 form if he stayed in the epl
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by AlabaSlim: 11:38pm On Jan 07, 2013
coogar:

you are a fool!
how did united eliminate barcelona in 2 legs in 2008? you speak absent common sense.....all you dstv fans with popcorn for brains should shut up and let people who know football discuss.

cougar DON'T talk as a fan cos of ur fanboyism, it will take u nowhere.
As a foolish utd fan dat u are, u XPECT US 2 WELL IN THE UCL COS OF WHO Vanpersie?
U are a joke
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by coogar: 11:38pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:
Ancelotti won the EPL in his first attempt FACT. So how was he undressed? infact Carlo won the domestic double in England at first attempt

undressed in the champions league by united home and away and beaten to the league in his second season. if he wasn't undressed, why was he sacked after spending roman's £100m in the january transfer window?

Alaba_Slim:
cougar DON'T talk as a fan cos of ur fanboyism, it will take u nowhere.
As a foolish utd fan dat u are, u XPECT US 2 WELL IN THE UCL COS OF WHO Vanpersie?
U are a joke

go and play with your willy......
if barcelona couldn't win the champions league with their array of stars last season against chelsea, what is to say arsenal can't win it? the form of the day is the key. celtic murdered barcelona - so everyone has a decent shout to win it including united.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by elampiro(m): 11:40pm On Jan 07, 2013
coogar:

if you take a lie detector test, the machine would blow. you mean you dunno baptista shook la liga to the ground? what about diego forlan who couldn't cut it here in the premier league and became a world wide legend in la liga? i can go on and on.....your league is shyte across the board!

benitez, ramos did not win the english league - apples and oranges. mourinho went to la liga to conquer the league like he's done in portugal, italy and england.

The highlighted in red making me to laugh.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dopeJemi: 11:41pm On Jan 07, 2013
Dayo stop dis ArguMent aLready

RonaLdo pLayed in d epL, he was d best

He went 2 d La Liga, he stilL d best der

Messi Has bin pLaying 4 barca since God knows wen unLike RonaLdo hu won d balLon D'or 4rm d epL and shud av won dis 1 2, untiL Messi pLays in d epL or in d serie A or even in d BundesLiga and he wins it again, den I'lL be convinced he deserves dis award, its Just Like studying in a schooL where deir teaching system is easy n u come first in d schooL every year and der r oda schooLs which deir teaching system is hard dat u''ve not tried 2 know if u r realLy good, Let Messi pLay in d epL or serie A and score 86 goaLs in a caLendar Year. La Liga is just 2 easy, wen madrid pLay dortmund, body telL dem na, wen barca pLay ceLtic, dem know say d scottish league n spanish League no be d same

Truth be toLd, ronaLdo deserves dis award

#1 hez dominant 4 both cLub and country

#2 he won d League

Isint dat hau dey've bin doing it
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 11:41pm On Jan 07, 2013
coogar:

undressed in the champions league by united home and away and beaten to the league in his second season. if he wasn't undressed, why was he sacked after spending roman's £100m in the january transfer window?

Carlo won the EPL, won the FA cup wont the double in his first attempt. Quieroz couldnt win nada in Madrid

Maybe we would say Mourinho was also undressed because he was sacked
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Debroslink: 11:42pm On Jan 07, 2013
coogar:

HOW MANY GOALS DID BAPTISTA SCORE IN A WHOLE SEASON IN LALIGA? LESS THAN 10. THIS WAS A GUY DAT SCORED 4 GOALS AGAINST TOTTENHAM WHILE PLAYING 4 ARSENAL. AS FOR FORLAN, EVEN ALEX FERGUSON REGRETTED SELLING HIM. JUST READ THIS LINK FOR CONFIRMATION: http://manchesterunited-fansclub..com/2010/07/ferguson-regrets-about-forlan.html. YAYA, AGUERO, SILVA, MATA, MICHU, ARTETA (A BARCA REJECT), CARZOLA,ETC LALIGA AVERAGE PLAYERS ALL MAKING WAVES IN UR SHITTY LEAGUE.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 11:42pm On Jan 07, 2013
deeplow: ...

I laugh at first and second in europe...I argue not ewith u about their weights in european football,buh it is too much to say that they would occupy the top 2 spots.we both know epl is a much tougher league in terms of defending.barcelona's tiki taka would hardly break a rugged stoke defence.the reason the ballon d'or winners have been from spain is that,la liga is easy.we can both agree that messi would never score 45 goals a season n 60goals in the next season in d epl.even ronaldo,would have found it hard to replicate his 2008 form if he stayed in the epl
Remember I said a few upsets here and there could happen, but don't put too much into the defensive acumen of English clubs. Spanish clubs have dominated even in the Europa league and that should tell you something.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by AlabaSlim: 11:43pm On Jan 07, 2013
I alwayz HATE it wen a utd fan(boyism) PRETEND & HIDE 4rm the truth...it is only a deluded eediot that tinks utd is SAFE even in the epl (UCL apart)
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Oahray: 11:43pm On Jan 07, 2013
Lol... Na cos Messi win again or cos of the FIFpro list una start all these league arguments?

EPL is more competitive than La Liga, true, cos the best teams in EPL are not very consistent and are not much better than the average teams. They also benefit from media hype.
La liga has the best legs in the world. #fact

The fact that Barca and Madrid are dominating does not make the other laliga teams trash.
Or else, the fact that Messi has won the FIFA award 4 times in a row means that every other player (including Ronaldo) is trash. No?

Stop the argument. Its pointless.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by davida222(m): 11:44pm On Jan 07, 2013
dayokanu:

How many errors do I want to correct from these EPL fans in a day.

Only an EPL fan could call Baines and Evra best Left back in the world where we have Coentrao, Marcelo, Lahm etc
who da hell is coentrao we are talking off LB that can score 6 to 9 goals a season and the same time defend for the team, and dat my frend is what Baines dos at Everton. the fact are there for u to see.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by coogar: 11:44pm On Jan 07, 2013
Debroslink:

HOW MANY GOALS DID BAPTISTA SCORE IN A WHOLE SEASON IN LALIGA? LESS THAN 10. THIS WAS A GUY DAT SCORED 4 GOALS AGAINST TOTTENHAM WHILE PLAYING 4 ARSENAL. AS FOR FORLAN, EVEN ALEX FERGUSON REGRETTED SELLING HIM. JUST READ THIS LINK FOR CONFIRMATION: http://manchesterunited-fansclub..com/2010/07/ferguson-regrets-about-forlan.html. YAYA, AGUERO, SILVA, MATA, MICHU, ARTETA (A BARCA REJECT), CARZOLA,ETC LALIGA AVERAGE PLAYERS ALL MAKING WAVES IN UR SHITTY LEAGUE.

stop lying and stop typing in bold fonts.
ferguson did everything for forlan but the dude couldn't just cut it....he scored only 17 goals in 98 games for man utd, how can fergie regret selling such a player? you keep lying and blinding us with your bold fonts. get out of here, abeg!

dayokanu:
Carlo won the EPL, won the FA cup wont the double in his first attempt. Quieroz couldnt win nada in Madrid
Maybe we would say Mourinho was also undressed because he was sacked

mourinho's sack was a boardroom decision - nothing to do with the performance. he had started the 07/08 season and he was 2nd or 3rd on the table with less than 8 league games played........he couldn't have been sacked because of his football performance.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by GreatMan5: 11:46pm On Jan 07, 2013
Congrats Leo! So, Cristiano Ronaldo could condescend to the level of relinguishing his national team captaincy to Bruno Alves, just because of Ballon d'Or vote? Na wa for this girl o!

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by yimkalove(m): 11:47pm On Jan 07, 2013
Na wa ooo watin xavi n iniesta go do na cos dey can get to dat top again n pls shey na 2012/2013 dem use judge dis world best ni or 2011/2012 cos me no see watin messi do to deserve dis world best oooo shocked
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Debroslink: 11:48pm On Jan 07, 2013
coogar:

stop lying and stop typing in bold fonts.
ferguson did everything for forlan but the dude couldn't just cut it....he scored only 17 goals in 98 games for man utd, how can fergie regret selling such a player? you keep lying and blinding us with your bold fonts. get out of here, abeg!

THIS IS THE REALITY. TRUTH HURTS http://manchesterunited-fansclub..com/2010/07/ferguson-regrets-about-forlan.html. @ LEAST THIS IS YOUR CLUB'S .
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 11:48pm On Jan 07, 2013
Oahray:
The fact that Barca and Madrid are dominating does not make the other laliga teams trash.
That's what I've been trying to point out. Apart from Dortmund and Barca, only Malaga have gotten a favorable result against Real Madrid without playing a defensive game. That says a lot about Malaga.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by chic2pimp(m): 11:48pm On Jan 07, 2013
logica: Did you hear PIM from Pirlo in the final against Spain?
What rubbish are you spewing here. So pirlo underperforming in the finals means he did not have a better season overall than at least 2 of those midfielders yes?

Let me take u back to 2010 for a second. Did Messi's atrocious performance in the quarterfinals against a much inferior German team stop him from landing the ballon dor?

Lastly lest we 4get the huge difference in quality of the two mid fields on display that evening.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by AlabaSlim: 11:51pm On Jan 07, 2013
dopeJemi: Dayo stop dis ArguMent aLready

RonaLdo pLayed in d epL, he was d best

He went 2 d La Liga, he stilL d best der

Messi Has bin pLaying 4 barca since God knows wen unLike RonaLdo hu won d balLon D'or 4rm d epL and shud av won dis 1 2, untiL Messi pLays in d epL or in d serie A or even in d BundesLiga and he wins it again, den I'lL be convinced he deserves dis award, its Just Like studying in a schooL where deir teaching system is easy n u come first in d schooL every year and der r oda schooLs which deir teaching system is hard dat u''ve not tried 2 know if u r realLy good, Let Messi pLay in d epL or serie A and score 86 goaLs in a caLendar Year. La Liga is just 2 easy, wen madrid pLay dortmund, body telL dem na, wen barca pLay ceLtic, dem know say d scottish league n spanish League no be d same

Truth be toLd, ronaLdo deserves dis award

#1 hez dominant 4 both cLub and country

#2 he won d League

Isint dat hau dey've bin doing it
so Y don't u want xavi or iniesta 2 leave also? ehn
ok because me$$i has not won the WORLD CUP & wen he does win the WORLD CUP, wat will be ur XCUSE?
'm a utd fan BUT believe mi wen i say this dat i always respected messi WHILE ronaldo was wit us then
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by coogar: 11:52pm On Jan 07, 2013
Debroslink:
THIS IS THE REALITY. TRUTH HURTS http://manchesterunited-fansclub..com/2010/07/ferguson-regrets-about-forlan.html. @ LEAST THIS IS YOUR CLUB'S .

liar liar, pants on fire.
show us a direct quote from alex ferguson expressing regrets over selling diego forlan? you think you are in a beer parlour here where you can lie to the public? the only player ferguson has regretted selling was jaap stam. if fergie didn't regret selling beckham, ruud or ronaldo - why the heck would he regret selling a player who returned just 17 goals in 98 games? you are posting a blog link and you tender such nonsense as evidence? the internet must be a new experience for you.

you better be at your sharpest when arguing here, this is not a facebook forum.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by logica(m): 11:52pm On Jan 07, 2013
chic2pimp:
What rubbish are you spewing here. So pirlo underperforming in the finals means he did not have a better season overall than at least 2 of those midfielders yes?

Let me take u back to 2010 for a second. Did Messi's atrocious performance in the quarterfinals against a much inferior German team stop him from landing the ballon dor?

Lastly lest we 4get the huge difference in quality of the two mid fields on display that evening.
You are the one spewing rubbish here. There's something they call head to head and it's a good way of knowing who's better. When Pirlo went head to head against his rivals he was silent while they performed. This was not about a bad performance in a single game.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dopeJemi: 11:53pm On Jan 07, 2013
Even if man city or PSG gives Messi a cheque of 300milLion dolLars, He won't Go cuz He knows where He wilL shine(La Liga)

AlL dose mumu La Liga defenders wen dey do ajebutter 4 fieLd

Make Messi Meet peopLe Like Barton,Richards,Parker,shawcross,coLoccini etc

He go know say epL no be bread n butter
grin
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by Krayola(m): 11:55pm On Jan 07, 2013
coogar:

Mourinho is currently failing woefully in La Liga despite having the most expensive squad in the country. To conquer spain, you need to do a lot more than win a liga title.... Mourinho ain't done shit yet.

Ramos coached Tottenham hotspur. They will never ever win the league. What were they supposed to win the league with? Benitez is Liverpool's most successful manager in recent times. They wish they still had him.

Mourinho is about to be unemployed. Every Tom, dick and Fatai in La Liga is whoopin his team. Olodo coach no know say na soccer we dey tap for here.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by AlabaSlim: 11:57pm On Jan 07, 2013
Alaba_Slim: This is not my utd i use to know...our STANDARD has fallen so BAD that we play a weak team lyk newcastle & concede 3 goals? That is not COMPETITIVENESS,our standard has simply fallen. ASK BRAZIL or CAMEROUN, wen an oga becomes poor, his maid will not mistake him 4 an orange seller
#FACTS
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by deeplow: 11:57pm On Jan 07, 2013
logica: Remember I said a few upsets here and there could happen, but don't put too much into the defensive acumen of English clubs. Spanish clubs have dominated even in the Europa league and that should tell you something.

When u watch La liga matches(as someone with a lil football talent),u tend to think football is easy and you can do what these players are doing.if u'd be honest,u'd agree with me that la liga can't compare with the Epl in terms of defending.As someone had earler written,it is quite true that most Epl teams don't put too much energy into the europa league.the other "big" la liga teams know the europa league is the only available silverware for them,dats why they tend to perform better.
Re: Lionel Messi Wins Ballon D'or Award by dayokanu(m): 11:58pm On Jan 07, 2013
davida222: who da hell is coentrao we are talking off LB that can score 6 to 9 goals a season and the same time defend for the team, and dat my frend is what Baines dos at Everton. the fact are there for u to see.

So defenders are measured by the goals they score?

Paolo Maldi was adjudged one of the best defender ever How many times has he scored more than 3 league goals

I am getting feelers only extreme ignoramuses support EPL

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (33) (Reply)

West Ham Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 24th October 2015 / Barcelona Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (0 - 3) On 1st May 2013 / Manchester City Vs Arsenal (4 - 1) On 26th April 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.