Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,110 members, 7,963,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 02:58 PM

University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission - Education (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission (819552 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission Processes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (1198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Adex097: 11:05pm On Apr 24, 2013
shakur07: Wit ds result CR7 shu forget ballon d "or for ds year ..adex and co no vex oh
at least madrid still fit resuscitate unlike their cataluyan brothers wey don dead already.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Adex097: 11:08pm On Apr 24, 2013
Fynestboi: LEWANDOSKI IS A BOMB A REPEtition of WAT MESSI DID AGAINST ARSENAL naw against d mighty madrid unbelievable... I knw dis kind of tn wuld appen.. Cnt imagine a madrid fan(spain) even d coach was in support of bayern yesterday and na same spain them dey ... A record is made out of madrid wat a disgrace.. Cnt stop laughing....
don't tell me madrid was a disgrace.
You should say, SPAIN is a disgrace.
Why? Germany (cool Vs (1) Spain.
Oya let's watch out for season 2 wen they export the german machines to spain.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Adex097: 11:11pm On Apr 24, 2013
Fynestboi: confirm if we had such defence like madrid defence bayern can neva mesmirize us like dat abi wetn u tak say i tak?
lol..so you no know say na the hair wey pique barb cause ill-luck for barca.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Adex097: 11:14pm On Apr 24, 2013
Fynestboi: madrid is totally flop wit all deir players intact imagine wat dortmund do 2 them.... Disgrace
if you check the meaning of flop in your dictionary, you gonna see barcelona's logo.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Adex097: 11:16pm On Apr 24, 2013
iamjoseph: Its til next season 4 realmadrid nd barcelona
madrid need just 3 goals without retaliation to qualify but barca need 5 goals.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Adex097: 11:17pm On Apr 24, 2013
Fynestboi: Phtmie, joseboy, adex and co we no c una 2day yeye them.
I no be madrid fan nw.. I'm a CR7 fan and ma guy no disappoint me.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by skit93: 6:45am On Apr 25, 2013
Please JAMB candidates with center no: 34609 and address AJAO ESTATE JUNIOR HIH SCHOOL, 3, MOJOLA ROAD, AJAO ESATAE, ANTHONY are to note that they have been moved to SONMORI COMPREHENSIVE HIGH SCHOOL, COLLEGE ROAD, AJILETE, IFAKO-IJAIYE. PLEASE SPREAD THIS

Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 7:51am On Apr 25, 2013
skit_93: Please JAMB candidates with center no: 34609 and address AJAO ESTATE JUNIOR HIH SCHOOL, 3, MOJOLA ROAD, AJAO ESATAE, ANTHONY are to note that they have been moved to SONMORI COMPREHENSIVE HIGH SCHOOL, COLLEGE ROAD, AJILETE, IFAKO-IJAIYE. PLEASE SPREAD THIS

tanks oga
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 7:52am On Apr 25, 2013
Adex097: at least madrid still fit resuscitate unlike their cataluyan brothers wey don dead already.
na u knw madrid barca dn cum bk hm
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 8:00am On Apr 25, 2013
[size=50pt]Over 1.7m sit for JAMB UTME Saturday[/size]

Abuja — Over 1.7million candidates will this Saturday sit for this year’s Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board’s Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
The examination will hold at the same time in 3,168 centres in 378 examination towns in the country and six foreign countries, including Accra in Ghana; Buea in Republic of Cameroon; Cotonou in Republic of Benin; London in United Kingdom; Jeddah in Saudi Arabia and Johannesburg in South Africa.
Of the grand total of 1,735,720 candidates, only520,000 would be admitted into tertiary institutions, leaving thebulk of over 1.2 million without admission this year.
Disclosing this, in Abuja yesterday, Prof ‘Dibu Ojerinde, JAMB Registrar, said at a press briefing that the 520,000 was an improvement in the carrying capacity of tertiary institutions in the country, compared to what it was two years ago.
He said: “The carrying capacity of all tertiary institutions, including Colleges of Education, is 520,000. It is, indeed, an improvement from the 450,000 we had two years back.”
“Of the grand total of 1,735,720 candidates writing the UTME from Saturday, April 27, 2013, 1,629,107 candidates applied for the PPT, 15,008 for the DBT and 91,610 CBT for the exam.
“The Paper Pencil Test (PPT) and the Dual Based test (DBT) is scheduled to hold on Saturday, April 27, 2013, while the CBT willcommence from Saturday, May 18, 2013, and end on Saturday, June 1, 2013.
“Consequently, the board has concluded all arrangements for the smooth conduct of the 2013UTME using the three testing modes.
“Also 196 inmates who applied from Lagos and Kaduna respectively are also sitting for this Saturday UTME, while 145 visually impaired candidates will sit for the same exam as provisions have been made for bailey questions and answers.”
He said the board had provided baillies questions and answers for the visually impairedwith an extra time of 15 for each an hour paper
He advised visually impaired candidates to report at their respective centres on the day of the examination, as adequate arrangements had been made to take care of them at the examination centres.
Some of the visually impaired candidates had applied for the DBT and CBT. Such candidates have been reverted to PPT as there isnot provision for visuallyimpaired candidates to write CBT and DBT
The board said it had also created additional 167 centres in order to accommodate all the candidates that registered for the UTME.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by phtemie(m): 8:00am On Apr 25, 2013
Fynestboi: so u mean dortmund wnt score or wat do u mean u dn 4get group stage abi?
That is not what I mean..
Everybody knows barca is ALREADY(100%) out...while madrid is ALMOST(80%) out..
madrid MIGHT still perform a "MIRACLE"....
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 8:01am On Apr 25, 2013
[size=30pt]Students write what might be last UTME[/size]

There are high expectations from the over 1.5 million candidates who will troop to the over 3,100 examination centres to write what could be the last Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) in the history of Nigerian education, this Saturday, April 27.
If the Oronsaye report, which advocates that thepowers of the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) be divested and universities be solely charged with candidates’ entrance exams, these students will make an unprecedented mark in JAMB’s 36-year-old history.
Recall that the House of Representatives, on Tuesday, directed the Board to suspend its newly introduced computer-based test (CBT) for the 2013 UTME scheduled to have held onSaturday, April 20.
Instead, the lawmakers asked JAMB to revert to its paper and pencil-based examinations, citing inadequate sensitisation and preparation, as well as lack of necessary infrastructure in secondary schools as reasons for arriving at the decision.
To this end, the House equally summoned the Minister of Education, Professor Rukayyatu Rufa’i and the Registrarof JAMB, Professor Dibu Ojerinde, to provide explanations on what it tagged, “policy somersault” in view of the CBT introduced by the board.
Students writing exam
To ensure a hitch-free exam, the Board has enlisted the services of security operatives such as Civil Defense Corps, thePolice and some private security operatives, while some independent watch groups made up of Vice-Chancellors, Rectors,Provosts, among others, would be on hand to monitor events.
With over 122 universities,Vanguard Learning got amixture of responses when the candidates revealed that they are ready to go to any lengthto ensure that they are among those who are considered for the limited admission spaces into institutions of learning.
Chiyere Ijioma is readingextra hard and has embarked on reading till daybreak to ensure that she scores high points. “Everything is behind me and my studies have taken center-place because I don’t want to cheat to pass.”
Idowu Oreoluwa who wants to study Food Science and Technology and is in favour of scrapping the exam body, failing UTME doesn’t mean the person is not intelligent.
“I am preparing very hard by attending lessons and reading on my own because I passed my WAEC and really want to be admitted thistime around.”
For Firminus Idenyi, who opined that scrapping UTME would put financially handicapped students ina disadvantaged position said; “Preparations are being taken seriously to ensure that I gain admission this year. I don’t intend to cheat because the consequences are dire and I don’t want to waste all my family hasspent on my education.”
For Bukola King, a secondtimer, perfecting her timing would mean being a step closer to gaining admission this year. “I would improve on all the subjects I did lastyear. Though I’m prepared,and my plan is to improve on my timing as I didn’t finish the questions last year and that affected my aggregate score.”
Calling on students to shun all forms of exam malpractice, a tutorial center coordinator, Mr. Joseph Ajibola, urged them to put in their best and be hopeful for admission.
“The truth is that it is not all students tat sit for the exams are offeredadmission, but hope is not lost as those that can afford it can go to neighbouring countries tofurther their education.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 8:02am On Apr 25, 2013
phtemie:
That is not what I mean..
Everybody knows barca is ALREADY(100%) out...while madrid is ALMOST(80%) out..
madrid MIGHT still perform a "MIRACLE"....
oga femi 4get abt miracle dortmund is far beta dan u cum bk nxt season.. Sikena
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by phtemie(m): 8:03am On Apr 25, 2013
Adex097: I no be madrid fan nw.. I'm a CR7 fan and ma guy no disappoint me.
Exactly.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 8:04am On Apr 25, 2013
Fynestboi: [size=50pt]Over 1.7m sit for JAMB UTME Saturday[/size]

Abuja — Over 1.7million candidates will this Saturday sit for this year’s Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board’s Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
The examination will hold at the same time in 3,168 centres in 378 examination towns in the country and six foreign countries, including Accra in Ghana; Buea in Republic of Cameroon; Cotonou in Republic of Benin; London in United Kingdom; Jeddah in Saudi Arabia and Johannesburg in South Africa.
Of the grand total of 1,735,720 candidates, only520,000 would be admitted into tertiary institutions, leaving thebulk of over 1.2 million without admission this year.
Disclosing this, in Abuja yesterday, Prof ‘Dibu Ojerinde, JAMB Registrar, said at a press briefing that the 520,000 was an improvement in the carrying capacity of tertiary institutions in the country, compared to what it was two years ago.
He said: “The carrying capacity of all tertiary institutions, including Colleges of Education, is 520,000. It is, indeed, an improvement from the 450,000 we had two years back.”
“Of the grand total of 1,735,720 candidates writing the UTME from Saturday, April 27, 2013, 1,629,107 candidates applied for the PPT, 15,008 for the DBT and 91,610 CBT for the exam.
“The Paper Pencil Test (PPT) and the Dual Based test (DBT) is scheduled to hold on Saturday, April 27, 2013, while the CBT willcommence from Saturday, May 18, 2013, and end on Saturday, June 1, 2013.
“Consequently, the board has concluded all arrangements for the smooth conduct of the 2013UTME using the three testing modes.
“Also 196 inmates who applied from Lagos and Kaduna respectively are also sitting for this Saturday UTME, while 145 visually impaired candidates will sit for the same exam as provisions have been made for bailey questions and answers.”
He said the board had provided baillies questions and answers for the visually impairedwith an extra time of 15 for each an hour paper
He advised visually impaired candidates to report at their respective centres on the day of the examination, as adequate arrangements had been made to take care of them at the examination centres.
Some of the visually impaired candidates had applied for the DBT and CBT. Such candidates have been reverted to PPT as there isnot provision for visuallyimpaired candidates to write CBT and DBT
The board said it had also created additional 167 centres in order to accommodate all the candidates that registered for the UTME.

[size=50pt]WITH NUMBER OF THOSE DAT BELIEVE AMNG D 1.7 million CANDIDATES WE SHALL ALL BE ADMITED INTO OUR DESIRABLE SCHOOL AND COURSE IJN[/size]
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by phtemie(m): 8:04am On Apr 25, 2013
Fynestboi: oga femi 4get abt miracle dortmund is far beta dan u cum bk nxt season.. Sikena
I'm not madrid now...I'm man.u now..Just a cr7 fan..
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by phtemie(m): 8:05am On Apr 25, 2013
Fynestboi:

WITH NUMBER OF THOSE DAT BELIEVE AMNG D 1.7 million CANDIDATES WE SHALL ALL BE ADMITED INTO OUR DESIRABLE SCHOOL AND COURSE IJN
Amen.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 8:06am On Apr 25, 2013
phtemie:
I'm not madrid now...I'm man.u now..Just a cr7 fan..
so all ofuna na man u mai wife una no suppose tak o jare.
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 8:06am On Apr 25, 2013
Fynestboi:

[size=50pt]WITH NUMBER OF THOSE DAT BELIEVE AMNG D 1.7 million CANDIDATES WE SHALL ALL BE ADMITED INTO OUR DESIRABLE SCHOOL AND COURSE IJN[/size]
[size=100pt]AMEN[/size]
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by phtemie(m): 8:09am On Apr 25, 2013
Fynestboi: so all ofuna na man u mai wife una no suppose tak o jare.
Why?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 8:12am On Apr 25, 2013
phtemie:
Why?
i knw u wnt syd me due to d mess up ve dne wit u. .
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 8:13am On Apr 25, 2013
[size=50pt]EXAM MALPRACTICE: Stakeholders brainstorm, chart way forward[/size]

The menace of examination malpractice in Nigeria has assumed an alarming and embarrassing dimension in both external and internal examinations.
Worried by this ugly development, some stakeholders in the education sector gathered at the 9th Chrisgate International Summit (a motivational network success summit for students preparing for examinations), to discuss and seek ways out of the problem.
The speakers who included the President, Chrisgate International,Christopher Alabi; Managing Director, Mama’s Creche, Tonia Taiwo, and Mr. Folarin Olayinka, among others, were unanimous on the urgent need to find a lasting solution to the fraud called examination malpractice.
Guest Speaker, Managing Director Mama’s Creche ToniaTaiwo President Chrisgate International, Christopher Alabi and the Senior Pastor, The FountainGate Church, Andrew Eluwa at the Chrisgate Motivational Network Success Summit for students in Lagos.
Objective of the summit
According to the organisers, the aim of the summit was to disabuse the minds of students from indulgingin examination malpractice by bringing credible persons from the education sector to come and motivate the students to success.
“Our main aim is to curb examination malpractice by adequately equipping students for exams because when they are well prepared, there will be no need to indulge in examination malpractice. “Before now,most people believed that we operate a ‘miracle center’ where they can just walk in with their money and buy all the papers while others believed that we would assist them with ‘expo’ topass their exam, but they were disappointed.
“We don’t encourage examination malpractice in whatever form but lectures and mentoring only, and any of our staff found aiding examination crimes will be shown the way out immediately.
Exam Malpractice, a cankerworm
Examination malpractice has become acankerworm. It is like a disease that has eaten deep into every facet of our educational system, and has affected the quality of graduates being churned out by our educational institutions. The situation has become so worrisome that students not only cheat but also employ more sophisticated means of executing the act.
One of the major causes of examination malpractice is over-emphasis on paper qualification, which hasbeen the yardstick for employment. This has discouraged concentration on vocational training and relocated the mentality of large number of youth to taking formal education as a must. This, also, has made a lot of people cheating during exams.
Speakers at the summit agreed that parents haveimportant roles to play in what their wards become. Therefore, they believe that parents have contributed to the alarming rate of examination malpractice, and some goas far as hiring ‘mercenaries’ to write exams for their children.They urged parents not toneglect their responsibility to their children.
“It is not enough to feed them and pay their school fees, but parents need to be there for them – talk to them, monitor, encourage and support them. Parents can’t afford to fail their children because whatever the children turn out to be in future will directly or indirectly affect their parents.”
Blaming government for not doing enough to stem the tide of exam malpractice, the organizers called on government to create the enabling environment for education to thrive.
“Some policies, such as quota system, are violating academic merit and these encourage giving preference to lesser qualified candidates. Also, some states offer free education to their indigenes, but the central government has not done much to support that move by ensuring that education is free across the nation.
Not sparing the students, the speakers urged the students to be serious with their studies.
“Students should motivating themselves and avoid being carried away by things happening around them. They must believe in themselves, have a sense of purpose and faith in achieving whichever goal they have set for themselves.”
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 8:14am On Apr 25, 2013
Fynestboi: [size=50pt]EXAM MALPRACTICE: Stakeholders brainstorm, chart way forward[/size]

The menace of examination malpractice in Nigeria has assumed an alarming and embarrassing dimension in both external and internal examinations.
Worried by this ugly development, some stakeholders in the education sector gathered at the 9th Chrisgate International Summit (a motivational network success summit for students preparing for examinations), to discuss and seek ways out of the problem.
The speakers who included the President, Chrisgate International,Christopher Alabi; Managing Director, Mama’s Creche, Tonia Taiwo, and Mr. Folarin Olayinka, among others, were unanimous on the urgent need to find a lasting solution to the fraud called examination malpractice.
Guest Speaker, Managing Director Mama’s Creche ToniaTaiwo President Chrisgate International, Christopher Alabi and the Senior Pastor, The FountainGate Church, Andrew Eluwa at the Chrisgate Motivational Network Success Summit for students in Lagos.
Objective of the summit
According to the organisers, the aim of the summit was to disabuse the minds of students from indulgingin examination malpractice by bringing credible persons from the education sector to come and motivate the students to success.
“Our main aim is to curb examination malpractice by adequately equipping students for exams because when they are well prepared, there will be no need to indulge in examination malpractice. “Before now,most people believed that we operate a ‘miracle center’ where they can just walk in with their money and buy all the papers while others believed that we would assist them with ‘expo’ topass their exam, but they were disappointed.
“We don’t encourage examination malpractice in whatever form but lectures and mentoring only, and any of our staff found aiding examination crimes will be shown the way out immediately.
Examination malpractice has become acankerworm. It is like a disease that has eaten deep into every facet of our educational system, and has affected the quality of graduates being churned out by our educational institutions. The situation has become so worrisome that students not only cheat but also employ more sophisticated means of executing the act.
One of the major causes of examination malpractice is over-emphasis on paper qualification, which hasbeen the yardstick for employment. This has discouraged concentration on vocational training and relocated the mentality of large number of youth to taking formal education as a must. This, also, has made a lot of people cheating during exams.
Speakers at the summit agreed that parents haveimportant roles to play in what their wards become. Therefore, they believe that parents have contributed to the alarming rate of examination malpractice, and some goas far as hiring ‘mercenaries’ to write exams for their children.They urged parents not toneglect their responsibility to their children.
“It is not enough to feed them and pay their school fees, but parents need to be there for them – talk to them, monitor, encourage and support them. Parents can’t afford to fail their children because whatever the children turn out to be in future will directly or indirectly affect their parents.”
Blaming government for not doing enough to stem the tide of exam malpractice, the organizers called on government to create the enabling environment for education to thrive.
“Some policies, such as quota system, are violating academic merit and these encourage giving preference to lesser qualified candidates. Also, some states offer free education to their indigenes, but the central government has not done much to support that move by ensuring that education is free across the nation.
Not sparing the students, the speakers urged the students to be serious with their studies.
“Students should motivating themselves and avoid being carried away by things happening around them. They must believe in themselves, have a sense of purpose and faith in achieving whichever goal they have set for themselves.”

[size=50pt] LET ALL ADVICE OUR FRIENDS, BRODAS, SISTERS TO SHUN MALPRACTICE... If u support broadcast it[/size]
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by shakur07(m): 8:33am On Apr 25, 2013
Laughing in german...y do u believe d@ dortmund wont score @ least 2 in bernabeu ..u dey talk lyk as if madrid defence is impregnable ...
Adex097: at least madrid still fit resuscitate unlike their cataluyan brothers wey don dead already.
i even cee leFOURdowski scoring @ least 3 next week
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by shakur07(m): 8:34am On Apr 25, 2013
Amen infinito
Fynestboi: [size=100pt]AMEN[/size]
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 9:45am On Apr 25, 2013
Laughng in chinese
shakur07: Laughing in german...y do u believe d@ dortmund wont score @ least 2 in bernabeu ..u dey talk lyk as if madrid defence is impregnable ...i even cee leFOURdowski scoring @ least 3 next week
c how u spoil dat boi name na haba wetn appen lol madrid dey dream in vain... It obvious ntn 4 spanish its all German final
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 9:45am On Apr 25, 2013
Sadheluv i c u oo how u dey?
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 9:52am On Apr 25, 2013
CR7 went to the bar after the match for a drink to forget about the humiliation...
Bartender: What can I get you?
CR7: Whiskey please! it's been a hard day
Bartender: Whiskey or"Lewandowski"
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 9:53am On Apr 25, 2013
NEWS

The Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) may not hold in troubledNorthern states on Saturday, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board said on Wednesday.
Addressing Journalists in Abuja, the Registrar/Chief Exec utive of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Dibu Ojerinde, said the board “may not hesitate to stop the examination” if there is any security problem”.
He said, “Yesterday it was a big discussion among some agents as well as JAMB. We believe that things will be alright. Faith, you see, we have the belief that we will surmount the problem.
“If however, there is any problem, we may not hesitate to stop the examination in those areas to the extent that we will now give the children a chance of doing the examination on CBT only.
“If you miss PPT in a challenging area that you cannot do the examination; then you will have to do the next one and that will have to be as from 18th of May.
“With God, we shall not experience any problem. We have put everything humanly possible in place and we have put this before almighty Godand we believe He is not going to sleep on that day. But if there is a need for postponement in those places, we shall not hesitate”, he added.
Mr Ojerinde revealed that the Board had concluded arrangements for its first Computer Based Test in 70 centres across the nation from May 18 to June 1.
This is an alternative to the Dual Based Test and Paper Pencil Test scheduled for this Saturday.
He, however, added that the CBT candidates stillhave the option to take Dual Based Test or Paper Pencil Test on Saturday.
The Board advised CBT candidates to go online to reprint their e-slip form as “inevitable amendments had been made on the time-table for the CBT examination”.
Of the 1,735,720 registeredfor this year’s examination, 1,629,102 candidates applied for PPT; 15,008 for DBT and 91,610 for CBT. The total figure represents 13.35 percent increase from last year.
No fewer than 145 visually impaired candidates and 196 inmates from Kaduna and Lagos prisons also registered for the examination.
The examination will hold simultaneously in 3,168 centres in 378 towns in Nigeria and six foreign centres of Accra (Ghana), Buea in Cameroon, Cotonou in Republic of Benin, London, Jeddah in SaudiArabia and Johannesburg in South Africa.
Mr Ojerinde disclosed that candidates have the opportunity to changetheir choices of institutions and coursesonce only within two weeks after releasing the results.
He also warned that the officials caught in examination malpractices will be prosecuted.
“I want to sound a note of warning once more that those trying to compromise our well organised arrangement shall be made to face thefull wrath of the law.
“The Board is hereby appealing to all candidates to strictly adhere to all laid -downrules by conducting themselves properly during the examination.”
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by Fynestboi: 9:56am On Apr 25, 2013
Fynestboi: NEWS

The Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) may not hold in troubledNorthern states on Saturday, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board said on Wednesday.
Addressing Journalists in Abuja, the Registrar/Chief Exec utive of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Dibu Ojerinde, said the board “may not hesitate to stop the examination” if there is any security problem”.
He said, “Yesterday it was a big discussion among some agents as well as JAMB. We believe that things will be alright. Faith, you see, we have the belief that we will surmount the problem.
“If however, there is any problem, we may not hesitate to stop the examination in those areas to the extent that we will now give the children a chance of doing the examination on CBT only.
“If you miss PPT in a challenging area that you cannot do the examination; then you will have to do the next one and that will have to be as from 18th of May.
“With God, we shall not experience any problem. We have put everything humanly possible in place and we have put this before almighty Godand we believe He is not going to sleep on that day. But if there is a need for postponement in those places, we shall not hesitate”, he added.
Mr Ojerinde revealed that the Board had concluded arrangements for its first Computer Based Test in 70 centres across the nation from May 18 to June 1.
This is an alternative to the Dual Based Test and Paper Pencil Test scheduled for this Saturday.
He, however, added that the CBT candidates stillhave the option to take Dual Based Test or Paper Pencil Test on Saturday.
The Board advised CBT candidates to go online to reprint their e-slip form as “inevitable amendments had been made on the time-table for the CBT examination”.
Of the 1,735,720 registeredfor this year’s examination, 1,629,102 candidates applied for PPT; 15,008 for DBT and 91,610 for CBT. The total figure represents 13.35 percent increase from last year.
No fewer than 145 visually impaired candidates and 196 inmates from Kaduna and Lagos prisons also registered for the examination.
The examination will hold simultaneously in 3,168 centres in 378 towns in Nigeria and six foreign centres of Accra (Ghana), Buea in Cameroon, Cotonou in Republic of Benin, London, Jeddah in SaudiArabia and Johannesburg in South Africa.
Mr Ojerinde disclosed that candidates have the opportunity to changetheir choices of institutions and coursesonce only within two weeks after releasing the results.
He also warned that the officials caught in examination malpractices will be prosecuted.
“I want to sound a note of warning once more that those trying to compromise our well organised arrangement shall be made to face thefull wrath of the law.
“The Board is hereby appealing to all candidates to strictly adhere to all laid -downrules by conducting themselves properly during the examination.”
well noted
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by ademipeju(f): 9:57am On Apr 25, 2013
Fynestboi: [size=50pt]Over 1.7m sit for JAMB UTME Saturday[/size]

GOD COUNT ME WORTHY AMNG D CHOSEN AMEN
Re: University Of Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission by ademipeju(f): 9:59am On Apr 25, 2013
Fynestboi: [size=50pt]EXAM MALPRACTICE: Stakeholders brainstorm, chart way forward[/size]

Objective of the summit

NIGERIA AND EXAM MALPRACTICE INSEPERABLE... even d mumu stakeholder are behind all dis trash so wat nxt ..

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (1198) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / 2015/2016 OAU Aspirant Thread. / UNIBEN 2014/2015 Admission Guide Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.