Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,720 members, 7,962,329 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 08:51 AM

Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight (19612 Views)

5 Questions Nigerians Want Amanpour To Ask Buhari / Watch Christiane Amanpour Interview President Buhari On CNN (July 21) / Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by miiraaj: 3:18pm On Jan 23, 2013
tomakint:
Even though you choose to evade my simple question to you, na now you dey talk, you may scram now boy cool
Dt was a very silly question old papa.
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by Olaolufred(m): 3:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
ujem: 6 Times is even an understatement is it not obvious that GEJ is the dumbest individual to assume the mantle of leadership since the foundation of this hapless entity called Nigeria Nigerians and our hypocrisy let's call a spade a spade GEJ is Plain Dumb!!

QUESTION: MANY NIGERIANS ARE OF THE OPINION THAT YOU DID NOT DECLARE YOUR ASSET EVEN THOUGH YOUR PREDECESSOR LAID AN EXAMPLE BEFORE HE DIED, WHY HAVE YOU NOT DONE SO?

ANSWER: I AM NOT UNDER OBLIGATION TO DO SO.

QUESTION: BUT THOSE WHO VOTED YOU WOULD HAVE EXPECTED SUCH TO PROOVE YOUR TRANSPARENCY AND RESPECT YOU HAVE FOR THEIR MANDATE. DON'T YOU THINK THIS COULD AFFECT THEIR OPINION OF YOUR GOVERNMENT?

ANSWER: I DO NOT GIVE A DAMN.

I FEAR HEARING THAT I DON'T GIVE A DAMN.
IT PAINED ME WHEN SOMEONE I VOTED TOLD ME SAME IN JUNE 2012 presidential chat.

3 Likes

Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by CROWE: 3:32pm On Jan 23, 2013
No joke, did he actually say that?
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by skyp(m): 3:36pm On Jan 23, 2013
Is there anyh site where we can watch the interview?
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by tomakint: 3:38pm On Jan 23, 2013
CROWÉ: No joke, did he actually say that?
Are you kidding me, don't you know that 'goons in the house' will go to any length just to tarnish the image of their PRESIDENT!
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by Olaolufred(m): 3:45pm On Jan 23, 2013
CROWÉ: No joke, did he actually say that?

THIS WAS SAID AT ABOUT 8:20PM ON SUNDAY 24TH JUNE, 2012.
GO AND CHECK.
NO ONE TOLD ME, I SAT DOWN TO LISTEN TO THE MAN I VOTED.
BUT CAME OUT SO DISSAPOINTED.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=+media+rep+in+june+24th++2012+of+presidential+chat++with+jonathan&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&ved=0CEAQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ynaija.com%2Fi-dont-give-a-damn-gej-comes-out-guns-blazing-in-media-chat%2F&ei=xvf_UNnMJKO80QXklIDYDA&usg=AFQjCNGy8GSpomTuIbMY9uS1Eea2QX3X-Q

IN CASE YOU STILL DOUBTS IT, HERE IS IT VERBATIM.

“The issue of public asset declaration is a matter of personal principle.,” he said. “That is the way I see it, and I don’t give a damn about it, even if you criticise me from heaven. When I was the Vice President , that matter came up, and I told the former President, let’s not start something that would make us play into the hands of people and create an anomalous situation in the country.”

“The law is clear. A public officer should declare his assets, and if there are issues, then the relevant agencies would have a basis to assess whether you have amassed wealth or not. When it is said that people should declare their assets in public, it is not only the President or the vice President, it includes everybody, including Ministers.

“When I was a governor in Bayelsa state for about a year before becoming vice president, I was investigated thoroughly. I have nothing to hide. But, because I was under somebody and it was becoming an issue, because of the media, and because my boss had declared, it was said that the vice President must. I declared, not because I wanted to.

“Initially I said they can talk about it from morning to night, I will not. I said it is a matter of principle. It is not proper. If one amends the law to say that only the President and the Vice should declare assets publicly, fine. But, presently everybody who is holding political office is expected to do, and I say it is not right. Those who made the law knew why they put the law that way. I could be investigated when I leave office.

“You don’t need to declare assets publicly, otherwise you are playing to the gallery.You don’t need to publicly declare assets. That’s a matter of principle. If I have to declare publicly, it means every polictical office holder will have to declare publicly. And it is not the right thing to do. That is my belief.

“It is not the President’s declaration of assets that would change the economy. There are challenges security, power and revolutionising agriculture. These are areas we should be interested in . Whether Mr. Jonathan publicly declares his assets or not is not the issue.”

1 Like

Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by CROWE: 3:46pm On Jan 23, 2013
skyp: Is there anyh site where we can watch the interview?

You can just watch it on CNN, I don't think its the type of thing that will be online. Give it a day and it will probably be on youtube though.
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by miiraaj: 3:52pm On Jan 23, 2013
tomakint:
Are you kidding me, don't you know that 'goons in the house' will go to any length just to tarnish the image of their PRESIDENT!

As old as u r, u de tell lie. Old papa,stop telling lies. All liars will enter hell fire. Goodluck told Nigerians "I DON'T GIVE A DAMN".
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by 2B1ASK1(m): 3:53pm On Jan 23, 2013
wahala go dey tonight o. amanpour is going to hold gej by his balls and uncle jona will be using smiles to cover up. hmm, this is deep. the whole world will be watching o. make gej no fall our hands on international tv o. who even approved it?, why not interview okonjo iweala instead?.
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by tomakint: 3:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
miiraaj:

As old as u r, u de tell lie. Old papa,stop telling lies. All liars will enter hell fire. Goodluck told Nigerians "I DON'T GIVE A DAMN".

CROWE, this demented old man (miiraaj) is one of the 'goons in the house' you may ask him the time, date, venue and the particular interview where Jonathan stated the above "I DON'T GIVE A DAMN".
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by Olaolufred(m): 3:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
tomakint:

I WON'T BLAME YOU.
IT IS EITHER YOU DON'T HAVE A TV,
OR THE MAN YOU ARE SUPPORTING IS NOT SO IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO LISTEN TO.
FACTS DONT LIE.
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by Olaolufred(m): 4:01pm On Jan 23, 2013
tomakint:
CROWE, this demented old man (miiraaj) is one of the 'goons in the house' you may ask him the time, date, venue and the particular interview where Jonathan stated the above "I DON'T GIVE A DAMN".

PLS, GO UP TO MY LAST RESPONSE TO CROWE.
FACTS ARE THERE.

I AM STEPPING OUT OF OFFICE, SEE YOU ON FRIDAY.
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by kutchs: 4:24pm On Jan 23, 2013
musiwa12: if he retuen back to power... the whole nation of nigeria will be in a civil war.. you dont know anything.
Mr may I ask you what you have achieved with all ur intelligence and wisdom?
Jonathan may be dull as you say but he‘s not dull enough to make his way up to the top where he ‘lords‘ it over you.

While the intelligent musiwa is rotting away in hunger, frustration and desperation the ‘dull‘ GEJ is in ASO ROCK swimming in millions.

As for his return in 2015, he will surely come back, there‘s nothing frustrated nicompoops can do about it.
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by creativemusic: 4:35pm On Jan 23, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by kunleblack: 4:39pm On Jan 23, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]Amapour for Invite Madam Patience Join Naa!!
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by femionasan(m): 4:39pm On Jan 23, 2013
Choi! 40 man laptop squad in action.
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by amiskurie(m): 4:54pm On Jan 23, 2013
I wnt miss this,never!
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by ojesymsym: 4:58pm On Jan 23, 2013
U sure say this man non go find excuse not to fit make that interview, something fit just come up o.
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by shiftbutton: 5:00pm On Jan 23, 2013
ojesymsym: U sure say this man non go find excuse not to fit make that interview, something fit just come up o.

Na true o.

Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by Afolabs101: 5:49pm On Jan 23, 2013
I don't know why you guys are arguing over naming 20 presidents and insulting each other. The fact remains we have serious problems in this country and it does not seem like much is being done to address them. There's no plan, no agenda! Under Yaradua we had the 7 point plan (even though it was not followed) now we don't have any plan.

GEJ's intelligence is irrelevant for now as he is there for the next couple of years still, if he likes let him name every world leader, but we still have the menace of BH which does not seem to be going away. We've been told over and over again that BH's days are numbered, that they will be eradicated by June 2012, that they are in retreat etc. But the bombings and the killings go on. Do you know what would have happened if the Emir had been killed? We could well have had a war on our hands when the Imams tell the hungry and poor Northern youth that its the south or christians who were responsible.

And we haven't even got to the economy yet. The West are putting in place austerity measures while Nigeria is spending more. Our number one revenue earner (NNPC) can't even meet its debt obligations (can anyone say insolvent?). We're borrowing hundreds of billions of Naira to fund a budget deficit based on a budget that is flawed (recurrent expenditure is way too high). IOC's are no longer investing in the upstream oil sector, which means production is reducing. The US is increasing their production which means oil prices will be coming down. Less production + lower oil prices will be catastrophic for Nigeria.

So who cares whether GEJ can recite names of presidents or not, something needs to be done because if we continue along this path we will soon get to the stage where we start defaulting on our loans.....
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by musiwa12: 5:53pm On Jan 23, 2013
amanpour has no liver to ask goodluck about the satellite pictures.. this should be what the issue is about.. and how it is possible for him to win 2015..

look weeks after her interview nigerian went out on the street because she only tried to make goodluck look good but not asking the right question.. there is nothing call the niger delta that you people talk about. it is just a commission. it is not a zone and not even a region in nigeria.. there is nothing call the south east.. it is the imagination of stupid people online who are trying to force their own desire and selfishness on majority of nigeria..

show him the satellite pictures, if he has balls.. why has he failed to even consider the satellite picture because he does not favour him.. to return back as president..
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by westbuoi(m): 6:04pm On Jan 23, 2013
At least we def sure we aint going to hear''the bombers who born them''
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 23, 2013
Wow! That is going to be interesting! I am going to watch it!
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by Decryptor(m): 7:11pm On Jan 23, 2013
Thank God say i get DStv Walka7...tuning in by 9pm. grin
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by Ejike3: 7:24pm On Jan 23, 2013
musiwa12: amanpour has no liver to ask goodluck about the satellite pictures.. this should be what the issue is about.. and how it is impossible for him to win 2015..

look weeks after her interview nigerian went out on the street because she only tried to make goodluck look good but not asking the right question.. there is nothing call the niger delta that you people talk about. it is just a commission. it is not a zone and not even a region in nigeria.. there is nothing call the south east.. it is the imagination of stupid people online who are trying to force their own desire and selfishness on majority of nigeria..

show him the satellite pictures, if he has balls.. why has he failed to even consider the satellite picture because he does not favour him.. to return back as president..
which satellite picture? Please attach it.
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by Case33(m): 7:25pm On Jan 23, 2013
What's CNN pls?
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 23, 2013
For_Now:

Village nutter musiwa12, if you are smarter than Goodluck as you claim, how come he has gone past you and become your President while you are under him? Quit this nonsense and grow up. All you need do is to wait for the interview to take place and then you can judge how he faired.

God Bless our President(GEJ)
God Bless Nigeria.

Becoming a President in Nigeria has nothing to do with Smartness or Merit and you know it.The roadside Agege Bread hawker will be your President if the OBJ's and rulling elite wants it to happen.
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 23, 2013
Jona should limit his answers to YES,NO and I DON'T GIVE A DAMN
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by kunleblack: 8:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
Wish DAME MADAM PATIENCE was Around to Get GEJ Defence @ the Interview..
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by kokoA(m): 8:56pm On Jan 23, 2013
Case33: What's CNN pls?
who give this one access to internet sef?
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by crispgg: 9:09pm On Jan 23, 2013
Its 9.07, CNN is showing Clintons testimony on Libya attacks. No Amanpour
Re: Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight by Temi9ice(m): 9:18pm On Jan 23, 2013
@9:17....CNN ain't showin anytin like Presidos face on screen,abi Goodluck don fear run ni

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Boko Haram Currently Attacking Military Formation In Yobe State / Militants: We Won’t Support South-south Security Outfit / Ngor-Okpala Bye-Election: INEC Declares APC's Blyden Okanni Amajirionwu Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.