Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,511 members, 7,961,586 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 09:21 AM

My Take On Osaze - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Take On Osaze (505 Views)

Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Osaze Warns Keshi To Watch His Back / Osaze's Congratulatory Message To The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Take On Osaze by chronique(m): 7:37am On Feb 14, 2013
Pls,let's leave Osaze alone. Yes,the boy is not perfect but he's still several miles better than most of our players(professionally). This is a lad who from the moment he entered the national team,dedicated his services to Nigeria & gave his all. When his mates were selecting matches to play & feigning injuries,he answered the clarion call. When we lost to Angola(I think) during the 2006 worldcup qualifiers,He was the only established player(if I still remember) who played on that day. His team mates were busy acting up & selecting big matches to play in. Osaze played for Nigeria even when the opponent was relatively weak. This guy was committed to Nigeria for a very long time. He played for La louvire(belgium),lille fc(france),locomotiv moscow(russia) & played under Christian Chukwu & Augustine Eguavoen & never had issues with the team nor the coaches. He started having problem with failures like Lars Lagerback & Samson Siasia who had their own faults. The Nigerian national team at different points in time,has always had issues. We all shouldn't forget that even Okocha the then captain & Wilson Oruma weren't best of friends whilst they both played for the super eagles. Let's not forget that Osaze played under Siasia @ the olympics & there wasn't any issue between both of them. Siasia's inability to manage professional players & his pride wrecked the eagles(not Osaze). Lars Lagerback's faulty tactics & poor team selection wrecked us @ the worldcup(not Osaze). This guy(Osaze) already opted out of the team before Keshi talked him into coming back. When He made his decisions,Nigerians called him all manner of names like He doesn't have the freedom to make a decision for himself. He agreed to come back,had issues & Nigerians still wanna slaughter him;what do you guys actually want?
I do not have a doubt he's having a rough time in his career & also do admit He's made a few mistakes but weighing that side by side what He has given to the nation,I think He deserves more than He's getting currently. The same pple criticizing Osaze & celebrating these new players,would tomorrow,still slaughter anyone of these new folks should they make mistakes.

My take: let's forget about the past and move forward.

2 Likes

Re: My Take On Osaze by ITbomb(m): 7:42am On Feb 14, 2013
Let him first stop using twitter then we will continue the discussions

(1) (Reply)

My Story / Some Of Our Prediction Have Been Won / Howard Webb To Refer Man Utd- Chelsea FA Cup Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.