Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,954 members, 7,963,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 01:46 AM

Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! (12546 Views)

Interpol Declares Maina Wanted / Fayose Suspends SSG, Modupe Alade, Orders HOS To Oversee Office / Ex-pension Reform Boss Maina Offers To Assist Buhari Stop Corruption In Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by tomakint: 4:31pm On Feb 15, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan has ordered the Head of Civil Service of the Federation to take immediate disciplinary action against the embattled Chairman of the Pension Reform Task Force team, Mr. Abdulrasheed Maina, for absconding from official duty without official leave.

A statement signed by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Dr Reuben Abati Thursday said the president’s directive followed the submission of the report by the Inspector General of Police on efforts being made to effect the arrest of Maina in the execution of the warrant issued by the senate.

It would be recalled that Abati had told State House correspondents on Thursday that it was only the Head of Service that could discipline Maina and not the president as demanded by the Senate.

The Senate had asked president Jonathan to sack Maina for repeatedly refusing to appear before it. The upper chamber also summoned the Inspector General of Police to appear before it for failing to apprehend Alhaji Maina in accordance with the warrant of arrest issued by the law makers.

The statement read: “Following his receipt from the Inspector-General of Police of a status report on efforts by the Nigeria Police to execute the warrant issued by the Senate for the arrest of the Chairman of the Pension Reform Task Force, Alhaji Abdulrasheed Maina, President Goodluck Jonathan today directed the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation to immediately commence disciplinary action against Alhaji Maina for absconding from duty.

“Section 030402 of the Federal Government’s Public Service Rules lists Absence from Duty without Leave as an act of Serious Misconduct punishable by dismissal.

“The Inspector-General of Police, Alhaji Mohammed Abubakar stated in his report to President Jonathan that after receiving the Senate’s warrant for the arrest of Alhjai Maina, he had constituted a team of detectives under the leadership of a Deputy Inspector-General of Police to find and arrest him in compliance with the Senate’s directive.

“The Inspector-General said that the police has since mounted surveillance at Alhaji Maina’s home and Office but has been unable to arrest him because he has gone into hiding and stayed away from both locations since the warrant was issued, leading to his publicly being declared wanted by the Police.

“Alhaji Abubakar assured the President that “intensive search” operations were still ongoing for the arrest of Alhaji Maina and that the Police will not relent until he is apprehended and produced before the Senate.

“In his directive to the Head of Service, Alhaji Isa Sali, President Jonathan noted that the Inspector-General’s report clearly indicated that Alhaji Maina had absconded from his official duties.

“President Jonathan directed the Head of Service to act expeditiously on the disciplinary proceedings against Alhaji Maina and report back to him on actions taken”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/pension-fund-jonathan-orders-hos-to-discipline-maina/
Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by cescadove: 5:08pm On Feb 15, 2013
why is the order coming now especially towards end of 2 day ULTIMATUM !

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by tomakint: 5:13pm On Feb 15, 2013
cescadove: why is the order coming now especially towards end of 2 day ULTIMATUM !
The Ultimatum was seven days, and under the constitution it's a case to be handled by the leadership of the civil service, the more reason Jonathan had to step into the case, you don't expect him to be everywhere at the same time a lot is going on, he has lots of tasks to fulfil each day with lots of files to treat, the Senators are just trrying to be mischievous and act as if they are working cool

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by fkaz(m): 5:23pm On Feb 15, 2013
tomakint:
The Ultimatum was seven days, and under the constitution it's a case to be handled by the leadership of the civil service, the more reason Jonathan had to step into the case, you don't expect him to be everywhere at the same time a lot is going on, he has lots of tasks to fulfil each day with lots of files to treat, the Senators are just trrying to be mischievous and act as if they are working cool

Bros nah two day ultimatum, i think you said the retard is following due process, why is he now acting? The man is just corrupt
BTW, you said jonadef is too busy? So you mean he did not heard about the corruption going on in pension?

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by MrUzo: 6:13pm On Feb 15, 2013
He was too busy looting his own to hear that...grin grin Jonah

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by Chiefacada(m): 6:16pm On Feb 15, 2013
Mak goodluck go sleep jare :PMak goodluck go sleep jare
Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 15, 2013
Chi efolu GEJ
Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:19pm On Feb 15, 2013
He can't hide forever. Game over Maina.
Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by 1manssquard(m): 6:21pm On Feb 15, 2013
Is lik jona wan start wrk ooooo
Well. Dat 1 day shia. I stil believ in him cos as long as I concern
He is d best presidoo I eva heard. Dere is a lots of hop

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by earthgreeners(m): 6:21pm On Feb 15, 2013
This GEJ is too corrupt...
I thought they said he wanted to follow due process....
May God forgive the GEJ buttlicker, they are only interested in money and not their future....

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by Phikom(m): 6:21pm On Feb 15, 2013
ok
Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 15, 2013
a nation where the smart ones are languishing while clowns are ruling. If the HOS was efficient at his job should he wait for mr president to talk b4 he does it? Silly!

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by doctokwus: 6:23pm On Feb 15, 2013
Those dat say d man is C-less sometimes just get proved right.Shame also to d media team dat daily embarass dis guy.Is it not d same pple dat sed GEJ doesn't av d power& dat he invariably cannot interfere in a civil service matter;y is he now givin directives dat he purportedly cud not giv b4 to d HOS.Meanwhile,is it not baffling dat d police cannot effect d simple arrest of a citizen,not armed,not in hiding or in exile?
Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by earthgreeners(m): 6:24pm On Feb 15, 2013
1man's squard:
Is lik jona wan start wrk ooooo
Well. Dat 1 day shia. I stil believ in him cos as long as I concern
He is d best presidoo I eva heard. Dere is a lots of hop

False Hope....
Not GEJ.....
Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by Akpaife(m): 6:24pm On Feb 15, 2013
Una don talk finish next story abeg
Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by Tolexander: 6:25pm On Feb 15, 2013
Imagine!
So the order to arrest Maina is not even base on the pension fraud allegation but for just going AWOL(away without leave).
Why must we leave leprosy alone and start treating dandruff?

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by earthgreeners(m): 6:26pm On Feb 15, 2013
doctokwus: Those dat say d man is C-less sometimes just get proved right.Shame also to d media team dat daily embarass dis guy.Is it not d same pple dat sed GEJ doesn't av d power& dat he invariably cannot interfere in a civil service matter;y is he now givin directives dat he purportedly cud not giv b4 to d HOS.Meanwhile,is it not baffling dat d police cannot effect d simple arrest of a citizen,not armed,not in hiding or in exile?

.....and you just confirmed that he is indeed CLUELESS
Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 15, 2013
Ahhhh why are they looking for Dad?

Maybe they wanna make him the next senate president for embezzling professionally grin
Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by Abujafood: 6:26pm On Feb 15, 2013
Mr Maina is playing hide and seek with the Senate, Police, GEJ and now Civil Service Commission.

Let me guess next it will EFCC, the Press and emm emm! Okay when I remember I'll add to the list.

Meanwhile the drama has just entered episode 2. Still watching how the actor will escape from the Boze!
Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 15, 2013
GEJABATIZATION is really a disease...u just said it is the duty of the Head of service to sack MAINA...now u r the one instructing the head of service to sack maina,...lol..just d way FASHOLA told doctors that it was only d commisioner of health that has d power to reinstate sacked doctors...HAHAHAH...anyway..am sure we now know who is in control of NIGERIA...GENERAL DAVID MARK ofcourse!!! public commands, closed door commmands, etc.."I DEY LAFF O" grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by kalunomics(m): 6:30pm On Feb 15, 2013
he's never deviated! He's not charging them to prosecute the man based on the pension crime but on the fact that he abandoned office without leave. This GEJ is damn too intelligent to be pushed around by people who wishes he makes one wrong move for them to nail him with it. Thumbs up sir!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by Elueme: 6:31pm On Feb 15, 2013
fkaz:

Bros nah two day ultimatum, i think you said the retard is following due process, why is he now acting? The man is just corrupt
BTW, you said jonadef is too busy? So you mean he did not heard about the corruption going on in pension?
Mr man, can you throw lights on the criminal charges against alhaji Maina that the president is shielding? Reason like a human for once and expunge your supposed brain from rational rascality. Take time to ask yourself some questions and also provide a sincere and factual answers. You won't be a hero by inordinate hate for the president

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 15, 2013
Discipling is the backbone for adjustment. GEJ, good decision from u *thumbs up* good.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 15, 2013
Ada Nri1: a nation where the smart ones are languishing while clowns are ruling. If the HOS was efficient at his job should he wait for mr president to talk b4 he does it? Silly!

Good point. I don't understand why Heads of govt agencies in this country always wait for "presidential directives" before doing their jobs.

This is why I have always insisted that civil service reform is indispensable to our progress as a country. Government policies won't be worth more than the paper they're written on with slowpokes such as these in the civil service.

An urgent overhaul is needed.
Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by AdeniyiA(m): 6:33pm On Feb 15, 2013
mtsheeeew!... one of the annoying things in the news is calling him ALHAJI, ALHAJI,ALHAJI,
-that means he's bn to mecca n medina to stone the devil o,well d devil will soon stone him back,
write it down,his night days(old age) would be calamitous such that d embezzled billions wud be useless.
MAINABEAST!
Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 15, 2013
tomakint:
abeg make i hear word! busy treating files my azz! how do you expect a corrupt president to deal with another corrupt officer?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by Elueme: 6:34pm On Feb 15, 2013
soe: GEJABATIZATION is really a disease...u just said it is the duty of the Head of service to sack MAINA...now u r the one instructing the head of service to sack maina,...lol..just d way FASHOLA told doctors that it was only d commisioner of health that has d power to reinstate sacked doctors...HAHAHAH...anyway..am sure we now know who is in control of NIGERIA...GENERAL DAVID MARK ofcourse!!! public commands, closed door commmands, etc.."I DEY LAFF O" grin grin grin
Reason with your brains not your pons.. Nobody has been asked to sack anybody. The president only ordered a disciplinary actions against Maina for absence without leave, not on pension nor senate.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by Reference(m): 6:35pm On Feb 15, 2013
And I bet he will sing like a canary when they eventually apprehend him. I just hope he wouldn't be assasinated. 23 billion. Just can't be him alone. This is a syndicate at work. The kind that can place 45,000 John Doe's on Fed payrolls.
Re: Jonathan Orders HOS To Discipline Maina! by Akpaife(m): 6:35pm On Feb 15, 2013
[quote author=Ada Nri1] a nation where the smart ones are languishing while clowns are ruling. If the HOS was efficient at his job should he wait for mr president to talk b4 he does it? Silly![/q. In a country where 1 person will be richer dan d whole country God is watching

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Politics Of 2019 Heats Up Battle For APC Chair / I Will Rather Kill Myself Than To Commit Suicide / Jonathan Is A War Time President – Rev. Ladi Thompson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.