Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,181 members, 7,880,683 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:09 AM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (621 Views)

Who Is The Best Leader Nigeria Has Ever Had? / Who Is The Best Leader Nigeria Has Ever Had? / Thinking About It: Obj Is Indeed The Best Leader Nigeria Has Had Since Indepenc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 24, 2013
Re: . by confusion247(m): 8:43pm On Feb 24, 2013
GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN
Re: . by Gbongbonosi(f): 9:31pm On Feb 24, 2013
confusion247: GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN
so mechanic is the best leader for you?Well no doubt you canot be a position of leader because the thing may be worst more than this. I can describe Jonathan as a achai that bring trouble to the life of Israelis Jonathan is a troublemaker
Re: . by confusion247(m): 9:41pm On Feb 24, 2013
Gbongbonosi: so mechanic is the best leader for you?Well no doubt you canot be a position of leader because the thing may be worst more than this. I can describe Jonathan as a achai that bring trouble to the life of Israelis Jonathan is a troublemaker
Answer the question. I am entitled to my opinion. You are the wisest while you don't know of anyone better than Jonathan.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 24, 2013
confusion247: GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN
bt he is almst d worst. Did u notice no politician has bin prosecuted 4 bribery? He hasnt done half of wt he said he wld do. Consida, d money he diverted wen he was governor 2 host a show wen d masses r dying. His government avnt done as xpected for us
Re: . by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 24, 2013
Truth of the matter is: there is no objective way of determining the best leader Nigeria ever had. Thousands have prospered under EACH and EVERY leader, while millions have been impoverished under EACH and EVERY leader. . . .since independence. Let's forget the meaningless academic statistics of economic growth, inflation reduction, or umemployment rate blah blah blah cited by every government so far. As far as I know, everything depends on the 'circumstances of life' you find yourself at any given time. A leader under whom you and your family prosper(ed) would always be regarded as the best by YOU. That's human nature.

At the end of the day, after cursory thought and based on tangible evidence of LASTING good legacy, I suggest that the "best" administration so far has been that of General Yakubu Gowon. Much of Nigeria's post-Independence infrastructural development started under his administration. That was also the period of consolidation for our economy, and the foundation laid down by Gowon's government paved the way for the subsequent (albeit fleeting) progress recorded under Murtala/Obasanjo's regime. To my mind, every other administration/leader afterwards have been more of the same.
Re: . by sammyzacks(m): 10:51pm On Feb 24, 2013
Gowon is the man!

(1) (Reply)

‘my Oga At The Top’, Shem Not Sacked – FG / Meet Mike The Headless Chicken / Boko Haram In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.