Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,971 members, 7,936,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 02:01 AM

FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! - Education (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! (136658 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2016/2017 Direct Entry Thread / 2015/2016 Unilorin Direct Entry Thread. / UNILORIN 2014/2015 Direct Entry Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (135) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Sanguine(f): 6:39am On Oct 01, 2013
Now I'm wondering what there is to be happy about the Nigerian Independence!!

Happy New Month Great People!
Thank God for the Gift of Life.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Sanguine(f): 7:01am On Oct 01, 2013
I just hope these callous inhuman things they call boko haram wouldn come up with something real outta the world today. After killing innocent students in their sleep... I wonder what's up their sleeves for this year's Independence day as they seem to always have a surprise package for Nigerians!

Hmmm. What a country! Uhmmm, What's this thing they say... There's always light at the enda the tunnel... Well, I guess we're yet to get to the enda the tunnel in this mumudom Great country. What more can I say!

DAMN COUNTRY! GOD BLESS NIGERIA!
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by 4reigningqueen: 7:28am On Oct 01, 2013
Sanguine: I just hope these callous inhuman things they call boko haram wouldn come up with something real outta the world today. After killing innocent students in their sleep... I wonder what's up their sleeves for this year's Independence day as they seem to always have a surprise package for Nigerians!

Hmmm. What a country! Uhmmm, What's this thing they say... There's always light at the enda the tunnel... Well, I guess we're yet to get to the enda the tunnel in this mumudom Great country. What more can I say!

DAMN COUNTRY! GOD BLESS NIGERIA!

One thing am hoping for is to have a chance to confront their boss, whatever his name is, and tell him to his face that he and his senseless cohorts are bunch of cowards since their attacks are only carried out on armless citizens.

1 Like

Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Walexz02(m): 8:54am On Oct 01, 2013
guess I shouldn't be left out ..... am not just happy with the situation of things in this country., happy independent day sha cry
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by rkarang: 9:44am On Oct 01, 2013
Walexz02: guess I shouldn't be left out ..... am not just happy with the situation of things in this country., happy independent day sha cry
Yeah my dear brother jawe........ruefully laughing! Indeed, independence day
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by CODEDHEMCY: 4:10pm On Oct 01, 2013
Its lik Danky, Rkarang and 4reign is very close to FG, ASUU and FUNAAB abeg help me deliva dis tablet to dem to ease their issues

1 Like

Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by olembe09(m): 6:14pm On Oct 01, 2013
just @home sittin down fowo leran since august.. Me dey vexin ooo.. Happy indepence anifasiry strike continue gbam.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 01, 2013
i choose to take Exceptions that Funaab will release their Merit list @ the Least moment expected..when the Tension is Less,when some ppl might have paid their School fees in their other Choice Varsity,when Bag of Rice would be #18,000 & Derica of Beans #650."..when Boys wll start growing Beard,Sponsoring'Arbortion'..etc
@planetuzor,ur Relevant Elucidation on Varsity internal revenue means in Unn D.E is Awesome & Thoughtful,na u biko.
u've got the Green Light when i stil dey Yellow.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Habidab: 10:20pm On Oct 01, 2013
Happy New Month
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by planetuzor(m): 11:20pm On Oct 01, 2013
Dankylove: i choose to take Exceptions that Funaab will release their Merit list @ the Least moment expected..when the Tension is Less,when some ppl might have paid their School fees in their other Choice Varsity,when Bag of Rice would be #18,000 & Derica of Beans #650."..when Boys wll start growing Beard,Sponsoring'Arbortion'..etc
@planetuzor,ur Relevant Elucidation on Varsity internal revenue means in Unn D.E is Awesome & Thoughtful,na u biko.
u've got the Green Light when i stil dey Yellow.

Bros u see me? grin grin grin grin how u doing? its been a long time...... Hello beautiful people on the thread.? Where is my Sanguine and every other person...?
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Sanguine(f): 6:29am On Oct 02, 2013
[size=20pt]HELLO GREAT PEOPLE...[/size]

[size=20pt]One day I know say we go make Naija PROUD![/size] grin
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Sanguine(f): 6:56am On Oct 02, 2013
OUR NAMES ARE GONNA COME OUT THIS OCTEMBER...

[size=20pt]WHETHER AHSHUUU LIKES IT OR YESSS!![/size] tongue

1 Like

Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Sanguine(f): 7:00am On Oct 02, 2013
[size=20pt]EVERYBODY WAKE UP OOOO. ILÈ TI MÒ OOOOOO. ÒWÚRÒ L'OJÓ OOOOO!!![/size] grin.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by BOG87(m): 7:35am On Oct 02, 2013
SOMETIMES I WISH I WASN'T BORN INTO THIS COUNTRY!!!!!
d situation get worse everyday!!!
one thing am sure of is dat "OLUWA MI YOO SO HUN TI YO SE OO...TAYE MI OFI DARA.....

IT IS WELL!!***
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 02, 2013
Permit me to bring to Notice that The much awaited list may not be coming out Soon as SSANU has join ASUU in the Perennial Strike...Also NASU dey warm-up to Replace Mikel,oh sorry.
What Pains most is the Total Negligent by NANS.
I strongly believe that the Union Mingle wt Oppositions via Corruption to Prolong d strike thereby frustrating FG Efforts.
Funaab Thinks that there is Absolutely no NEED to release d list since d strike is on which impede Screening Exercise whereas Aspirants thinks otherwise.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 02, 2013
Analysis from funaab Archives & Questionnaires reveal that Funaab is a Less- Corrupt institution when it comes to Admission offers.
The school management believe that Releasing Merit List while the strike is On may Prone to Unscrupulous Corruption by known/unknown Bodies.
e.g in other schools like Unilag,i'm aware that Ppl troop in mass after Merit list to seek"Admission Assistance" from any suppose being either Students,Cyber cafe clients,Lecturers,Non-lecturers of the Varsity which cud be Fake.....
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by bidey4real(m): 10:15am On Oct 02, 2013
Hello my gr8 pple......*just passing by* I lost the means of browzng as my fone's applicatn ws scrappd off. ONE LUV!!!
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 02, 2013
Hello great people.. just passing by.. work being intense... see you latter..
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by tipsie(f): 12:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
hmmmmmmm. one thing I know is what ever has a beginning must have an end. fingers crossed. I have to keep watching and waiting till when this whole drama ends. hope its soon sha. nice moments my thread friends
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Asb4love(m): 6:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
As ASUU & FG are playing on the nigerian student's life/future,and FUNAAB also holds the merit list,and no one is sure of the time when the list will be out, i come think of how much i would have made if i av joined the #30k which i av kept aside 4 my acceptance fee to do business since August.or they want me scatter the money again so that i will rush 4 it later?anyway,i will be waiting patiently,i belief that our names is in the merit admission list by God's grace,best of luck great people and congratulation in advance.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Walexz02(m): 7:21pm On Oct 02, 2013
(⊙o⊙)
(⊙o⊙)
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by 4reigningqueen: 10:12pm On Oct 02, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Habidab: 10:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
Lawyer Sues FG, ASUU Over Strike

A Lagos-based legal practitioner, Daniel Onwe, has
dragged the Federal Government and the Academic
Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, before a Federal
High Court in Lagos, southern Nigeria, over the
lingering crisis between the two bodies which has led to the closure of public universities in the country since 1 July.

Goodnight 2u all.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Sanguine(f): 6:08am On Oct 03, 2013
A beautiful day Starts with integrity and Integrity starts with YOU...

[size=20pt]GOODMORNING Y'ALL.[/size] grin cheesy grin
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by CODEDHEMCY: 6:41am On Oct 03, 2013
;DAsuu strike might end dis week as d union has agreed to av a meeting wit their members today... Green Light... See as I dey check time... No time again abeg.. Enough is enough

Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Accuratephemite: 10:01am On Oct 03, 2013
ASUU: FG may involve Shagari, Obasanjo in negotiation

There are indications that the Federal Government may seek the intervention of past Presidents/Heads of States, Governors, traditional rulers and serving Senators to mediate in its current face-off with the Academic Staff Union of Universities.

The supervisory Minister of Education, Nyesom Wike, said this on Wednesday in Abuja during a palliative meeting with the President of Nigeria Union of Teachers, Michael Olukoya; and Minister of Labour and Productivity, Emeka Wogu.

Olukoya had suggested that following the inability of the committees earlier set up to settle the crisis, the Federal Government should seek the intervention of past presidents, governors, traditional rulers and serving senators.

He also said that the NUT still stood by its threat to solidarise with ASUU over the university teachers’ demands unless directed otherwise by the union’s National Executive Council.

Olukoya said, “With the way this strike has lingered on for three months, we believe government should explore all modalities to end it. Government should invite past heads of states, speakers, senators, Ministers of Labour and Education and every other stakeholder in the sector to resolve this ugly situation.

“Call powerful voices like traditional leaders to intervene in this strike because our concern as teachers is that as these undergraduates stay at home, they are prone to negative vices and in turn these are the same people that would lead the society in future.”

Wike said government was looking at the suggestion by NUT.

He said, “We have met to dialogue on the way forward to the crisis in the education sector. The meeting went very well and it was very cordial with respect to the crisis between ASUU and Federal Government.

“We have put our heads together and we have taken all the ideas, both the one we suggested and the one NUT suggested and we are going to move it forward. The suggestions by NUT were quite good and the ones we suggested were also quite good and we have put them together. Just watch out what is going to happen very soon.”

The Minister was however evasive on when the strike would be called off.

Meanwhile, Vice-Chancellors of Nigerian Universities will meet in Akure, Ondo State on Monday, October 6, to deliberate on the ASUU strike.

This came as students of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife on Wednesday, urged the Federal Government to implement immediately the various agreements it reached with labour unions in the nation’s tertiary institutions.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Accuratephemite: 10:02am On Oct 03, 2013
SSANU, Others Join ASUU In Indefinite Strike
Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU), National Association of Academic Technologists (NAAT) and Non-Academic Staff Union Of Universities (NASUU) have declared an indefinite strike action over two months’ of unpaid salaries.

In an interview with Channels Television, the SSANU Public Relations officer in Bayero University Kano (BUK), Nura Garba says the federal government has not paid their August and September salaries, the situation which the union says has caused progressive hardship among its members.

The union through its Public Relations Officer SSNU, BUK chapter, Nura Garba demanded that its members’ two month salaries be paid and that the federal government should stop punishing them with ASUU.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Accuratephemite: 10:05am On Oct 03, 2013
ASUU strike: VCs to meet in Akure on Monday

Vice-Chancellors of Nigerian Universities will meet in Akure, Ondo State, on Monday to deliberate on the strike embarked upon by members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities.

This came as students of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife on Wednesday, urged the Federal Government to implement immediately the various agreements it reached with labour unions in the nation’s tertiary institutions.

Also, OAU lecturers have insisted that the ongoing nationwide strike is not politically motivated.

Lecturers in the public universities embarked on strike last July to protest against the non-implementation of the agreement they reached with the FG in 2009.

Other associations like the Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities, Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics and the Colleges of Education Academic Staff Union have also threatened to embark on industrial action to protest the non-implementation of agreements they reached with the FG.

The Deputy Vice-Chancellor of the Federal University of Technology, Akure, Prof. Adedayo Fasakin, while addressing journalists in Akure on Wednesday, said the vice-chancellors would also discuss other problems facing the nation’s universities.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by olembe09(m): 10:39am On Oct 03, 2013
The Supervising Minister of Education, Chief Nyesom Wike, on Wednesday said that 80 percent of the demands made by Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) had been met by Federal Government.

Wike, who made this known in a meeting with the leadership of the Nigerian Union of Teachers (NUT) in Abuja, said the yet to be resolved issues were those of earned allowances.

He said that the other unresolved issue was the N400 billion annual capital expenditure to universities demanded by ASUU.

"The N400 billion they are demanding is not part of federal budget or Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) intervention.

"And out of the N92 billion earned allowances demanded by ASUU, government has offered N30 billion to them for a start," he said.

According to the minister, ASUU is considering the offer and had asked to be given until Thursday to enable it meet with its branches for a resolution.

"The purpose of this meeting is to tell you (NUT) how far we have gone because of the reports and the letter we got from the union that you are going on a solidarity strike with ASUU," he said.

Wike also apologised to NUT for his comments on Monday that the union had no business going on a solidarity strike with ASUU strike, saying he spoke "unofficially".

Also speaking at the meeting, the Minister of Labour, Chief Emeka Wogu, appealed to NUT not to go on the proposed strike as it would only complicate issues.

Wogu said that NUT might not have been briefed appropriately on government's efforts to resolve the crisis with ASUU and so appealed to the union to not embark on the planned sympathy strike.

"One thing that is clear is that the Federal Government has started the implementation of the 2009 agreement. The matter can still be resolved," he said.

In his response, the National President of NUT, Mr Michael Olukoya said teachers, under the umbrella of NUT were concerned with the lingering ASUU strike that was threatening the collapse of the education sector.

Olukoya said that all stakeholders should come together and explore ways of ending the crisis.

He advised both ASUU and the Federal Government to "put Nigeria first" in their negotiations and shun the idea of "buck passing".

The NUT boss also called for the review of the conditions for accessing the intervention fund as the stringent conditions was preventing the institutions from benefiting from the fund.

He said that NUT was not threatening to go on the solidarity strike in the interest of ASUU, but in the overall interest of Nigerians.
Re: FUNNAB 2013/2014 Direct Entry Thread! by Walexz02(m): 6:32am On Oct 04, 2013
Sanguine: A beautiful day Starts with integrity and Integrity starts with YOU...

[size=20pt]GOODMORNING Y'ALL.[/size] grin cheesy grin
splash! 105.5 FM! *winks* How was ya nyt,?

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (135) (Reply)

Federal Government Scholarship 2016/2017 Exam Updates / Covenant University 2015/2016 Session Aspirants Lets Meet Here / FG Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards 2017/2018

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.